TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > Thundercats Collecting > Thundercats Sightings

Old 02-05-2011, 09:34 PM   #1
Tony_Bacala
Cornelius Tunar FTW
Use this thread to post what you find, and where! Let your fellow collectors know what's up. Minor local discussion is ok, but try to keep it focused on the toys and finding them locally.
Tony_Bacala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 07:05 AM   #2
Beej B
Loves the new show!!!
Any other Bama folks on here? Surely I'm not the only one...
Beej B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:07 PM   #3
asderiphel
Severian's Understudy
Not the only one, but I lurk more often than not.

Found some stuff in the north, and places where the figs should be in the next couple of days. Scored a Mumm-ra and a Thundertank, left a couple of the ThunderRacers. PMs are the best for exact locations, as I know there are vicious scalpers that troll the tfw boards.
asderiphel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:27 PM   #4
RichardC
Thunder Kitty
naw im in north alabama i saw some stuff friday at a tru and was able to get 4 figs and saw remantas in athens but nothing i needed
RichardC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:30 PM   #5
asderiphel
Severian's Understudy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardC View Post
naw im in north alabama i saw some stuff friday at a tru and was able to get 4 figs and saw remantas in athens but nothing i needed
In Decatur myself. By chance, you weren't in the Beltline Kmart Friday night, were you?
Old 08-15-2011, 10:55 PM   #6
RichardC
Thunder Kitty
no i sure was not i dont check kmart that much but im sure you will see me in walmart and target

i also collect marvel universe figures so just to give you a heads up *l*
Old 08-15-2011, 11:13 PM   #7
asderiphel
Severian's Understudy
I don't collect marvel, but I can always look when I'm out - lmk what you need. I buy the occasional transformer though I'd mostly stopped collecting - but the thundercats show is too good not to support
Old 08-16-2011, 05:34 PM   #8
RichardC
Thunder Kitty
Found A Case of 4inchers today picked up the last 4 i neded chetara,wiley kit and kat,and mummy mumra
Old 08-17-2011, 11:33 PM   #9
Beej B
Loves the new show!!!
I also posted this over on TFW, but of course have to share here. And nice to see you here, asderiphel - it's Coaxial from TFW.

Okay... after leaving the Rifftrax Live show tonight, I made a quick stop across the parking lot. Trussville Walmart has the new Thundercats stuff, as well as the Classics figures. The new stuff was pretty picked over already - the Classics, not so much since there's just the 2. Not sure every location will get all this stuff though, as I stopped by Hueytown on the way home and they were literally in the middle of a giant reset on the action figure aisle that didn't appear to include Thundercats at all. Smaller locations may pass these up.

I don't think the scalp factor is as hot on this stuff for whatever reason, but I could be wrong. Only reason I'm sharing the info, really. If it seems clear that info is being abused here like it has been over at TFW by trolling lurker scalpa$$e$, then I will remain tight-lipped on exact locations in the future, sharing through PM's only. I'd prefer we all be able to share sightings and have fun with these new toys and the hunt for them, as that's what these threads should really be about if possible. We'll see how it goes, I guess.

BTW, Classics look great in person, but QC is all over the place on paint apps (same for the new stuff as well). Only reason I passed them up tonight. Too picky, lol. That and no Cheetara or the twins - all that stuff was G-O-N-E. Scalpers already, perhaps? Or just low case ratios? Or both? Hmmm...
Old 08-18-2011, 08:24 AM   #10
asderiphel
Severian's Understudy
Good to see you over here, Coaxial/Beej B

If I'm remembering correctly, the case assortment for the first wave is something like 2 Tygra, 2 Lion-O, 2 Mumm Ra, and one each of Kit, Kat, Cheetara and Panthro. I don't see them really bringing in the big bucks on the bay, so hopefully any scalper nonsense will be kept to a minimum.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:14 AM   #11
Beej B
Loves the new show!!!
Yeah, I sure hope so man. But that breakdown you gave makes me think otherwise, unfortunately. But maybe not, who knows. I do know I saw at least 5 of the 4" Lion-O and Mumm-Ra figures there last night, so that would mean they put out 3 cases and only one of each on those had sold. There was one Tygra left. None of the rest.

Still, with most Walmart locations likely getting these (unless they are very small like Hueytown), I'd say the hunt shouldn't get too frustrating. Should be enough places to find them and get what you're looking for, while also having plenty of specimens to choose from if you're super-picky (like me, lol). I get very choosy on certain lines I collect. Usually winds up being the stuff I care the most about when picking them up, opposed to just casual buys and whatnot. Thundercats 2011/Classics are definitely in the high-priority category on best possible QC for me.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:56 PM   #12
asderiphel
Severian's Understudy
Well, it seems like we are avoiding the awful scalper problems so far. Over the last two days I've found copies of everything, from 6" Classics Lion-o to all the 4", and most everything in multiples. If anyone in north Alabama is looking, Florence/Muscle Shoals has everything you need.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:02 PM   #13
decepticat
Snarf!
Quote:
Originally Posted by asderiphel View Post
Well, it seems like we are avoiding the awful scalper problems so far. Over the last two days I've found copies of everything, from 6" Classics Lion-o to all the 4", and most everything in multiples. If anyone in north Alabama is looking, Florence/Muscle Shoals has everything you need.

Everything EXCEPT Grune. Unfortunately living here in N.Bama, there are few TRUs and seemingly those are the only stores getting the deluxes. Oh and hi RichardC followed you here
decepticat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 01:49 PM   #14
decepticat
Snarf!
Picked up the Lizard cannon and must say I continue to be more and more impressed with this line. If you have any reservations about the cannon, pick it up. Its both a vechicle and a set. The lizard is pretty nice as well. Now just gotta get one or two more to build my mutant army lol.
decepticat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:06 AM   #15
asderiphel
Severian's Understudy
Dusting off the cobwebs in here...

Saw the new 6" Classics yesterday - Lion Os by the handful and a couple of Mumm-Ras. Anyone else seeing anything?
Old 01-17-2012, 05:12 AM   #16
RichardC
Thunder Kitty
Saw the armor of omens at Athens walmart last week
Old 01-19-2012, 11:32 PM   #17
Barefoot Jedi
Thunder Kitty
Hit jackpot at Walmart in Montgomery.

2 Storm Chargers.

Tygus and Tiger Flyer.

Wave 2.

6" Cheetara.

Barefoot Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 05:54 AM   #18
RichardC
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot Jedi View Post
Hit jackpot at Walmart in Montgomery.

2 Storm Chargers.

Tygus and Tiger Flyer.

Wave 2.

6" Cheetara.

Congrats jedi hell of a haul thier I got my wave 2 in the mail Wednesday and picked up the six inch classics yesterday but I havent seen any new four inch figs or vehicles except for te armor of omens here in north Alabama