TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 03-13-2012, 10:00 PM   #7401
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
Well, I bet Ireland will show 14-26 with no breaks.
well that theory is out before you even said it. they aired 14 and 15 and then took a break.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:10 AM   #7402
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
well that theory is out before you even said it. they aired 14 and 15 and then took a break.
Let me state it again. When Ireland starts it up again, I think they will air 14-26.

I wonder if someone told them to hold off showing the other episodes.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:50 PM   #7403
Balgus82
Quote:
Let me state it again. When Ireland starts it up again, I think they will air 14-26.

I wonder if someone told them to hold off showing the other episodes.
I think they might have. I know when I told DN about them airing in Ireland he didn't even know it was happening. They probably put a stop to it after they got wind of it to avoid the episodes getting posted online.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:07 PM   #7404
L08e16o
Which stone is next?

What do you think the other stones do?
Old 03-16-2012, 10:17 PM   #7405
Ruthie
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
Hi Ruthie! And welcome!
Thankya, thankyavermuch.
Ruthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:19 AM   #7406
stormbringer
Quote:
Which stone is next?

What do you think the other stones do?
It's hard to say, since the "war stone" is capable of granting "sight beyond sight", the names may not correspond to the abilities.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:09 AM   #7407
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
It's hard to say, since the "war stone" is capable of granting "sight beyond sight", the names may not correspond to the abilities.
Especially with Jelenic and Co.'s style of writing. They can do whatever they wanted with the stone, no logical limitations. Doing something really crazy and out of nowhere stuff is their hobby.

They will need sight beyond sight and the stone's powers to help locate the real father of Cheetara's unborn cub in season 2.

Last edited by cmangund; 03-17-2012 at 05:12 AM..
cmangund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:49 AM   #7408
L08e16o
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
Especially with Jelenic and Co.'s style of writing. They can do whatever they wanted with the stone, no logical limitations. Doing something really crazy and out of nowhere stuff is their hobby.

They will need sight beyond sight and the stone's powers to help locate the real father of Cheetara's unborn cub in season 2.

Last edited by L08e16o; 03-17-2012 at 09:13 AM..
Old 03-17-2012, 08:51 AM   #7409
L08e16o
I still wonder if the they will go out in space in the second season. Will the series end like the OS.

The title birth of the blades, I wonder if that is about SoO and Mummra's sword.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:59 PM   #7410
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
good news the t-cats UK comicpreview came out. look whos staring lovingly at cheetara.

Last edited by DarkKnight; 03-22-2012 at 06:17 PM..
DarkKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:19 PM   #7411
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight View Post
good news the t-cats UK comicpreview came out. look whos staring lovingly at cheetara.
Thanks.

I wonder if that is part of another story.

They are playing that up already.

That for the info on ME!

Last edited by L08e16o; 03-17-2012 at 04:58 PM..
Old 03-17-2012, 11:27 PM   #7412
stormbringer
Quote:

Old 03-19-2012, 04:24 AM   #7413
cmangund
Quote:
Hmmm....Snarf seemed like he wanted to keep L/C apart. I wonder....
Snarf is Jelenic's insider pet, one of many L/C destroyers.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:00 AM   #7414
L08e16o
Quote:
Hmmm....Snarf seemed like he wanted to keep L/C apart. I wonder....
Quote:
Snarf is Jelenic's insider pet, one of many L/C destroyers.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:14 PM   #7415
L08e16o
I am going on a limb here after watching the video Balgus provided.

One It looks like lion-o will beat mummyra in 16. The video clip where tygra and lion-o are standing next to each other looks like native son, there is a throne behind them.

Who is lion-o talking to when he says he is king of the TCats? It doesn't appear he has the sword.

So once they defeat mummra again, maybe will see more about the other cats (P/C/K/K).

Last edited by L08e16o; 03-22-2012 at 07:27 PM..
Old 03-23-2012, 07:28 AM   #7416
thunderholic
Thunderbro
okay so I was reading through the posts here and I dont think this is relevant to the current conversation but I would like to say that

Lion-O/Cheetara is not canon, and that has been made clear.. how many months ago? So stop being butthurt about it. Don't go poop on Jelenic for not choosing your otp, that's just ridiculous. Thundercats isnt about relationships. Besides, Lion-O's too good for Cheetara. Tygra can keep her.

But anyway, if your entire view of the series depends on who Cheetara chooses then I can't take you seriously.
thunderholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:59 AM   #7417
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderholic View Post
okay so I was reading through the posts here and I dont think this is relevant to the current conversation but I would like to say that

Lion-O/Cheetara is not canon, and that has been made clear.. how many months ago? So stop being butthurt about it. Don't go poop on Jelenic for not choosing your otp, that's just ridiculous. Thundercats isnt about relationships. Besides, Lion-O's too good for Cheetara. Tygra can keep her.

But anyway, if your entire view of the series depends on who Cheetara chooses then I can't take you seriously.
Then don't take us seriously, people can choose what they want. Message boards are for discussing if you like something or not.

MJ chose to make it about relationships when he made the love triangle. People like L/C before the series started and liked it even more how they did each episode.

Try telling people on a Naruto message board that Sakura and Naruto are not canon. Lets see how fans react to you.

We don't like how they did it.

Last edited by L08e16o; 03-23-2012 at 08:06 AM..
Old 03-23-2012, 08:24 PM   #7418
cmangund
Quote:
Then don't take us seriously, people can choose what they want. Message boards are for discussing if you like something or not.

MJ chose to make it about relationships when he made the love triangle. People like L/C before the series started and liked it even more how they did each episode.

Try telling people on a Naruto message board that Sakura and Naruto are not canon. Lets see how fans react to you.

Freedom of speech.

Jelenic said it himself the triangle is a very important part of the story, thus relationships things are a "big part" of the show, especially now.

What they are doing is a mess of a love triangle story. The worst ever that I have known.

Old 05-12-2012, 07:29 AM   #7419
AnonymousIncognito
Banned
Quote:

Can't agree with you more.

LOL, Cheetara got frisky with Kaynar after he took down that pussy....cat Tygra so easily.

Again, gotta agree with you there. The poopbound comic drew the cut and MJ's "reboot" pours salt in the wound.
AnonymousIncognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:31 AM   #7420
AnonymousIncognito
Banned
Quote:

Better words have never been spoken.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:34 AM   #7421
AnonymousIncognito
Banned
Quote:
Freedom of speech.

Jelenic said it himself the triangle is a very important part of the story, thus relationships things are a "big part" of the show, especially now.

What they are doing is a mess of a love triangle story. The worst ever that I have known.

I found it interesting that MJ hyped advertisment about the love triangle then Dan Norton comes along and pretty much says there never actually was a love triangle to begin with

I wonder if MJ and DN understand the legal issue of False Advertising?
Old 05-12-2012, 07:37 AM   #7422
AnonymousIncognito
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderholic View Post

The issue of canon will be something debated for a long time.

The DC comics aren't considered canon by the OS staff and majority of fans and this reboot seems destined for the same.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:22 AM   #7423
cmangund
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousIncognito View Post
I found it interesting that MJ hyped advertisment about the love triangle then Dan Norton comes along and pretty much says there never actually was a love triangle to begin with

I wonder if MJ and DN understand the legal issue of False Advertising?
Yeah just more "lies" ...

I don't think they are "smart enough to understand it".

Old 05-12-2012, 08:27 AM   #7424
cmangund
Quote:
Can't agree with you more.

Again, gotta agree with you there. The poopbound comic drew the cut and MJ's "reboot" pours salt in the wound.
MJ's "in love" with Tygra. That's why he worked so hard to "upstage" Tygra. He said it himself he wanted to make Tygra "interesting", "interesting" to him was to "beat the crap out" of Lion-O it's very clear now.

Last edited by cmangund; 05-12-2012 at 08:29 AM..
cmangund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:14 AM   #7425
AnonymousIncognito
Banned
Quote:
MJ's "in love" with Tygra. That's why he worked so hard to "upstage" Tygra. He said it himself he wanted to make Tygra "interesting", "interesting" to him was to "beat the crap out" of Lion-O it's very clear now.

I found the OS Tygra to be one of the most interesting characters. I find 2011Tygra to be nothing more than a therapists wet dream.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:39 PM   #7426
FreakinZoid
Banned
Quote:
Where did Dan say that at? Must've missed that interview.
WonderCon 2011 ThunderCats

WonderCon 2011

-Any other changes to the ThunderCats? Larry (Kennedy) remarked about Cheetara's boob job and Dan (Norton) said she was an anorexic ho. In all seriousness, many other changes were made to differentiate the characters from one another. In the original, all the characters were the same height and build, so if they were silhouetted, you may not know who was who. Panthro was made much larger than everyone else, so he's the strongest. They wanted to change the color palette a little so not all the characters used the same colors. Larry (Kennedy) then made yet another Cheetara joke and said she has arthritis.
FreakinZoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:40 PM   #7427
FreakinZoid
Banned
Quote:
Yeah even though they were "joking" when they were saying those things, but nevertheless the jokes came true.

Old 05-12-2012, 08:42 PM   #7428
FreakinZoid
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthie View Post
ROTFL & LOL. Back in my day, folks, this was called IN-STI-GA-TION.

Very true.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:43 PM   #7429
FreakinZoid
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthie View Post
I think Cheetara choosing Tygra is great! The reaction from the folks on this board to it is even greater. I haven't laughed so hard in a looooooooooooooooooong time!

Yes, I have noticed the people who ship Tygra and Cheetara do tend to worth quite a chuckle. My word they get defensive.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:47 PM   #7430
FreakinZoid
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
Not trying to start an argument here, just curious....Please tell me I'm not the ONLY person not upset over Cheetara choosing Tygra...
I wouldn't have been upset if had been fleshed out better prior.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:50 PM   #7431
FreakinZoid
Banned
Quote:
You have Balgus82, Chique and Eclipse Undying support, definetly.

Old 05-12-2012, 08:58 PM   #7432
FreakinZoid
Banned
Quote:
*ahem*

Just gonna leave this here....

Tygra doesn't look too happy to be getting kissed.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:53 PM   #7433
Burning Bright
Tyger, Tygra
Quote:
How is giving additional strategic or tactical information not an ability that corresponds to something called the "War Stone"?
Burning Bright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:45 AM   #7434
AnonymousIncognito
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Bright View Post
How is giving additional strategic or tactical information not an ability that corresponds to something called the "War Stone"?

Because the ability of sight beyond sight extends beyond the scope of war.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:47 AM   #7435
AnonymousIncognito
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakinZoid View Post
Tygra doesn't look too happy to be getting kissed.

And now you see the true maturity level of Balgus. Antagonizes then cries innocence.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:20 AM   #7436
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Wow this thread is back
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:35 PM   #7437
Balgus82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
Wow this thread is back
Of course. If someone is trying to stir up stuff what do they do? go out and search for the threads people argued the most in and bump them back up.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:33 PM   #7438
FreakinZoid
Banned
Quote:
If someone is trying to stir up stuff what do they do? go out and search for the threads people argued the most in and bump them back up.

Or they could just notice the amount of replies and assume it's a good place to have a discussion.

The way you use the phrase "stir things up" makes it read like anyone who wants to comment is looking to cause trouble.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:37 PM   #7439
Balgus82
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakinZoid View Post
Or they could just notice the amount of replies and assume it's a good place to have a discussion.

The way you use the phrase "stir things up" makes it read like anyone who wants to comment is looking to cause trouble.
No one goes to a thread that hasn't had anyone reply in two months and think it's a "good place to have a discussion."

Especially when they've obviously gone back and read a bit of the fighting we used to do in this thread.

Anyway this is all I'm posting here because frankly I hate this thread to the core.

Last edited by Balgus82; 05-13-2012 at 02:52 PM..
Old 05-13-2012, 06:07 PM   #7440
FreakinZoid
Banned
Quote:
No one goes to a thread that hasn't had anyone reply in two months and think it's a "good place to have a discussion."

Especially when they've obviously gone back and read a bit of the fighting we used to do in this thread.

Anyway this is all I'm posting here because frankly I hate this thread to the core.

Sorry. Didn't know you were so sensative. I'll try to be more careful in the future.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:37 PM   #7441
Burning Bright
Tyger, Tygra
Quote:
Because the ability of sight beyond sight extends beyond the scope of war.
I haven't seen that in this series.

A warning about a coming enemy. Tactical information to acquire vital assets in order to win the war. Revealing hidden enemies.

Can you provide examples of any instance where sight beyond sight was providing information beyond the scope of the war with Mumm-Ra or a more immeadiate battle that the Thundercats were in?
Old 05-13-2012, 08:42 PM   #7442
AnonymousIncognito
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Bright View Post
I haven't seen that in this series.

A warning about a coming enemy. Tactical information to acquire vital assets in order to win the war. Revealing hidden enemies.

Can you provide examples of any instance where sight beyond sight was providing information beyond the scope of the war with Mumm-Ra or a more immeadiate battle that the Thundercats were in?
Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

According to Dan Norton, a lot takes place "off camera" that the viewers never see.

There is still the potential for its early warning system which is more for self-defense than war.

Remember, there are still 20 some odd episodes to go so there is still plenty to see.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:43 PM   #7443
Burning Bright
Tyger, Tygra
Quote:
Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it hasn't happened.
Quite true. I may have missed something that has already happened. That is why I asked if you could provide any examples of a time where sight beyond sight has been an example of something that would be inconsistent with it coming from the "War Stone".

Quote:
According to Dan Norton, a lot takes place "off camera" that the viewers never see.
That's rather open-ended. Did he mention at any time that the function of Sight beyond Sight was being used in ways other than we've seen so far?

Quote:
There is still the potential for its early warning system which is more for self-defense than war.
Defense is an aspect of war (well, except for General Patton ).

Quote:
Remember, there are still 20 some odd episodes to go so there is still plenty to see.
31 yet to air of the 52 that we originally heard were contracted and paid for so far. However, we really don't know much of what is going to happen in those episodes so far (at least as far as I've heard).

While we can all agree that there have been numerous inconsistencies in the series so far, I have yet to see (or read about) any instances where the new Eye of Thundera has acted in a way that is not consistent with the label of "War Stone".
Old 05-14-2012, 01:42 PM   #7444
Mako Crab
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
According to Dan Norton. . . .
I've noticed that the people that have the most problems with this show are also the same ones that seek out every interview and behind-the-scenes snippet to be had. Then, not taking into account that several things may change between the time of the interview and the time the finished product hits the airwaves, they get upset that their expectations weren't met.

I'm going to make a friendly recommendation. Stop listening to these guys. Stop reading the interviews and the behind the scenes stuff. Just enjoy the show as is and don't go into it with preconceived expectations for how the plot is going to unfold.

You should all count yourselves lucky that Michael Bay isn't in charge of the TCats. He loves, LOVES to spread misinformation to purposely screw with the fans that hang off of his every word.
Mako Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:23 AM   #7445
AnonymousIncognito
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako Crab View Post
You should all count yourselves lucky that Michael Bay isn't in charge of the TCats. He loves, LOVES to spread misinformation to purposely screw with the fans that hang off of his every word.

Yeah but at least Michael Bay is known for that. Fans expect it from him.

I don't think too many expect it in a cartoon.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:50 AM   #7446
Mako Crab
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Yeah but at least Michael Bay is known for that. Fans expect it from him.

I don't think too many expect it in a cartoon.
See, you're assuming that they're misleading you on purpose, and there's no way you could know that. A lot can change during one good brain-storming session with your creative team. And suddenly that interview you did a couple hours ago doesn't reflect the ideas and direction that you're taking the show in.

I understand why it's annoying. I'm just saying that if you guys would stop following every twitter the writers make, you'd probably enjoy the show more.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:56 PM   #7447
CCDustyV
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
See, you're assuming that they're misleading you on purpose, and there's no way you could know that. A lot can change during one good brain-storming session with your creative team. And suddenly that interview you did a couple hours ago doesn't reflect the ideas and direction that you're taking the show in.

I understand why it's annoying. I'm just saying that if you guys would stop following every twitter the writers make, you'd probably enjoy the show more.
also gotta take in mind some of those tweets and posts by the staff could be missdirection themselves, adding fuel to the fire so to speak. Trust eps not interviews.
CCDustyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:21 PM   #7448
AnonymousIncognito
Banned
Quote:

Actually, Dan Norton did state on FB that the love triangle was intended to purposly mislead the viewers. But, even with his remarks, I am inclined to agree with CCDustyV about episodes and interviews.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:34 PM   #7449
Mako Crab
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCDustyV View Post
Trust eps not interviews.
Words to live by.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:44 AM   #7450
Jasperoo
Thunder Kitty
-

Last edited by Jasperoo; 06-19-2012 at 07:48 AM.. Reason: deleted for unessacary bumping of a zombie thread
Jasperoo is offline   Reply With Quote