TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats News and Rumors

Old 12-20-2012, 07:37 PM   #1
Cat's Pajamas
Thunderian Commoner
Thundercats - R.I.P. - Thundercats - ToyNewsI.com

This won't surprise most of us and probably won't convince the rest, but this incarnation of Thundercats is toast.

It's a damn shame.
Cat's Pajamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:27 PM   #2
Huxtable85
Thunder Kitty
It's kinda encouraging that Cartoon Network will not officially cancel the show! But the success of the show depends on toys sale, in theory I expect WB to explore selling the license to Disney xD
Huxtable85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:36 PM   #3
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
Painful to read... I can only hope that we will at some point see something new and that it doesnt take 25 years.
adssse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:17 PM   #4
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huxtable85 View Post
It's kinda encouraging that Cartoon Network will not officially cancel the show!
I can't imagine that's the case. CN isn't going to announce that the show is canned, cause that's what they do. They agree to air a show, air it for a while, put it on a pointlessly long break, bring it back, claim it's not getting viewers, finishing airing the finished episodes (aka season one), and then never speak of it again in any certain terms.

Quote:
But the success of the show depends on toys sale...
Somehow getting CN to even half-competently air the show would certainly help too.

Quote:
...in theory I expect WB to explore selling the license to Disney xD
I hope WB keeps the licensing for it. I think they did a great job with the reboot, and I'd love to see them try again. I really wish they could get their show's away from CN, forever. Increasing the Vortex's pool of shows would be preferable to seeing CN screw over the people who lovingly create these toons.

Anyways, anyone who was at all hoping for Bandai to continue with Thundercats in any way, shape, or form was absolutely fooling themselves. Honestly, if there is any chance of another Thundercats reboot, whether that be a movie or another try at a series, I would like to see another toy company take a shot at it. Though definitely not Mattel...Either Hasbro or Playmates (their new TMNT stuff is great).

Last edited by Ravenxl7; 12-20-2012 at 10:21 PM..
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:57 AM   #5
Huxtable85
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
I can't imagine that's the case. CN isn't going to announce that the show is canned, cause that's what they do. They agree to air a show, air it for a while, put it on a pointlessly long break, bring it back, claim it's not getting viewers, finishing airing the finished episodes (aka season one), and then never speak of it again in any certain terms.

Somehow getting CN to even half-competently air the show would certainly help too.

I hope WB keeps the licensing for it. I think they did a great job with the reboot, and I'd love to see them try again. I really wish they could get their show's away from CN, forever. Increasing the Vortex's pool of shows would be preferable to seeing CN screw over the people who lovingly create these toons.

Anyways, anyone who was at all hoping for Bandai to continue with Thundercats in any way, shape, or form was absolutely fooling themselves. Honestly, if there is any chance of another Thundercats reboot, whether that be a movie or another try at a series, I would like to see another toy company take a shot at it. Though definitely not Mattel...Either Hasbro or Playmates (their new TMNT stuff is great).
I understand what you are saying, but a lot of the problems just like the 200x He-Man series is the lack of promotion from CN to reach a wider audience! I look at the current TMNT series on Nick and that Network always promotes Tv advs, toy commercials and it's a very popular show to add.

I say if your going to do another reboot of ThunderCats do it right and by that I mean take most (if not all) the story from the 80's series along with some good ideas from the 2011 series, and that will let the original fans know "your not re-inventing the wheel but adding to it to make it fresh". With that approach nobody will really complain, like how Panthro looks like an ape with his big frame and stretchy arms (which turned me off from the series) IMO Panthro should be a ninja type Thundercat.

WB had the license for how long? Instead they keep us hard core fans in limbo for either a movie or new series, then when they do a remake it's not up to par...It's time to sell it to either Nickelodeon Studios or Disney.

The same team that worked on Avatar the Last Airbender with Joaquim Dos Santos co-producing the show will do the series justice. His action choreography scenes are epic

Last edited by Huxtable85; 12-21-2012 at 11:04 AM..
Huxtable85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:21 PM   #6
Captain C83
Thunder Kitty
Good. Give it to a toy company that knows what the Hell they're doing. Although... does such a toy company exist anymore?
Captain C83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:22 PM   #7
Mongor
You got red on you.
Toonami Faithful - Toonami Ratings: December th 2012

The numbers Thundercats is getting in ratings right now is pretty damn impressive. I know the future is bleak but hey, maybe there's hope afterall. I mean, did you ever think you'd see Bret Hart shake hands with HBK?
Mongor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:30 PM   #8
Captain C83
Thunder Kitty
wouldn't be the first time Adult Swim saved a dying series
Captain C83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:50 PM   #9
vantheman77
Thunder Kitty
At least I'm able to savor my Thundercats figures from 2011-12.
vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:08 PM   #10
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
I still plan on picking up the dvd's. I am hoping to find them on clearance somewhere.
adssse is offline   Reply With Quote