TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats News and Rumors

Old 03-02-2013, 01:40 AM   #1
Mongor
You got red on you.
Not that we didn't already see it coming, but there it is.
Boo!

Timeline Photos | Facebook
Mongor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:23 AM   #2
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
Expected, but it still hurts.
adssse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:05 PM   #3
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
That's what happens when you let amateurs run the show
Lody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:41 PM   #4
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
As if we needed more proof of it's demise thrown at us...
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:57 PM   #5
Mongor
You got red on you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
As if we needed more proof of it's demise thrown at us...
Think of it this way Raven, The CW doesn't even have enough respect for the fans or the people who made the series to just nut up and say it's over, so it's better to get it from me who was a hardcore fan, no?

No more guessing or hoping. It's over. Time to officially move on.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:05 AM   #6
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongor View Post
Time to officially move on.
I had moved on months ago...all this does is remind me that, while great, the show will never get a chance at continuing...

Our only hope is that WB either takes another shot at a reboot, or they sell it to someone who will. With the success of the new TMNT show, I'm kinda hoping they sell the brand to Nick.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:48 AM   #7
Mongor
You got red on you.
Quote:
I had moved on months ago...all this does is remind me that, while great, the show will never get a chance at continuing...

Our only hope is that WB either takes another shot at a reboot, or they sell it to someone who will. With the success of the new TMNT show, I'm kinda hoping they sell the brand to Nick.
I feel your pain.

I was almost ready to start buying into the hype lately of how well it was doing in it's late night time slot. Foolish, I know.

I absolutely love the new TMNT show by the way.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:03 PM   #8
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Depending on how much money WB, CN, and Bandai lose could determine if we see Tcat anytime soon.

IMO, I think WB will wait.

Can't wait to see fan reactions when they start releasing info on what would've happen in the second season. ��
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:43 PM   #9
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
Can't wait to see fan reactions when they start releasing info on what would've happen in the second season. ��
Part of me really hopes they DON'T do that. As cool as it would be to find out what they had planned, it would also be a bit on the depressing side. Ultimately I'd just rather not know.

It's kind of like that awesome triple-changer Megatron they had in the works for Animated's toy-line. It looks really awesome, but I'm never going to own one, so I wish I never knew of it's existence at all...
Old 03-03-2013, 09:59 PM   #10
Mongor
You got red on you.
I'm thrilled that they are gonna spill the beans on what would have been. I'd rather know even if I can't see it.
If you don't want to know, don't read it or watch the upcoming video Dan says he'll do when the time is right. Simple as that.
I'm glad that DN will be doing this for some sense of closure.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:06 PM   #11
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
I'm thrilled that they are gonna spill the beans on what would have been. I'd rather know even if I can't see it.
If you don't want to know, don't read it or watch the upcoming video Dan says he'll do when the time is right. Simple as that.
Problem is, my curiosity will get the best of me, so I'll read/watch whatever is revealed. I won't be happy with myself afterwards, but I won't be able to help myself...
Old 03-04-2013, 04:58 PM   #12
L08e16o
Quote:
They have to get approval before they can lease the info.

I know DN brought that up before. He said he would ask.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:59 PM   #13
L08e16o
Quote:
Part of me really hopes they DON'T do that. As cool as it would be to find out what they had planned, it would also be a bit on the depressing side. Ultimately I'd just rather not know.

It's kind of like that awesome triple-changer Megatron they had in the works for Animated's toy-line. It looks really awesome, but I'm never going to own one, so I wish I never knew of it's existence at all...
I understand. Let it stay as it is.

I will say this, one fan base won't be happy.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:46 AM   #14
stormbringer
Can't say I'm surprised. The show went into an extensive hiatus before Christmas 2011, the toyline dried up, and we didn't get any news about TCats anything throughout most of 2012. The chances of the show continuing were slim to none.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:16 AM   #15
Mongor
You got red on you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
They have to get approval before they can lease the info.

I know DN brought that up before. He said he would ask.
He just said again when they give him the green light he's gonna do it publicly so it's recorded and he doesn't have to write it all out. I have the feeling it's gonna be a bit before we get it, but it's coming.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:32 PM   #16
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
He just said again when they give him the green light he's gonna do it publicly so it's recorded and he doesn't have to write it all out. I have the feeling it's gonna be a bit before we get it, but it's coming.
Where is he posting these messages?
Old 03-05-2013, 09:39 PM   #17
Mongor
You got red on you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adssse View Post
Where is he posting these messages?
I copied and pasted his response to a fan asking earlier if there was a chance for another season (this is from his Facebook):

Daniel Norton Um... I don't believe there will be anymore ThunderCats unless there is a massive demand outside of the United States. I'll be happy to reveal all in time about the story we'd worked out. But since you're not the only person to be curious. I'll probably do it in a public event so it can be recorded and everyone can hear. That way I don't have to type it out to everyone !
Old 03-06-2013, 02:31 AM   #18
mumm_ra_the_ever_living
Like A Boss
Meh. shit happens.

At least I got a nice beautiful 6 inch Cheetara out of it.

At the very least, maybe IDW could grab the rights to it and produce comics for that continuity.

Last edited by mumm_ra_the_ever_living; 03-06-2013 at 02:33 AM..
mumm_ra_the_ever_living is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:48 PM   #19
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
I copied and pasted his response to a fan asking earlier if there was a chance for another season (this is from his Facebook):

Daniel Norton Um... I don't believe there will be anymore ThunderCats unless there is a massive demand outside of the United States. I'll be happy to reveal all in time about the story we'd worked out. But since you're not the only person to be curious. I'll probably do it in a public event so it can be recorded and everyone can hear. That way I don't have to type it out to everyone !
Thanks. I figured it was probably Facebook but was unable to find it.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:52 AM   #20
JamesBenjamin
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
"Guys, I love you. All of you for so much effort that has been spent trying to get TCats back on the air. I'm sorry though, it won't be coming back. Chima sealed the deal. It's the end of the road guys. Thank each and every one of you for all of your efforts and support. Maybe, someday, someone can try again."
As much as I liked the show, F*** this guy. What does Chima have to do with whether or not they can bring back the show? I realize that he worked with Lego on a theme that wasn't made and then some aspects of that theme were re-worked into a new Lego theme (that doesn't look like Tcats at ALL)... BUT WTF DUDE. Chima has absolutely nothing to do with the show getting cancelled and/or not being brought back. Every time I see this guy quoted anywhere he sounds like a whiny douchebag.
JamesBenjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:35 AM   #21
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBenjamin View Post
As much as I liked the show, F*** this guy. What does Chima have to do with whether or not they can bring back the show? I realize that he worked with Lego on a theme that wasn't made and then some aspects of that theme were re-worked into a new Lego theme (that doesn't look like Tcats at ALL)... BUT WTF DUDE. Chima has absolutely nothing to do with the show getting cancelled and/or not being brought back. Every time I see this guy quoted anywhere he sounds like a whiny douchebag.
Have you seen the trailer for the new Cartoon Network Chima show?

Legends of Chima Videos | Watch Clips from the Sneak Peek | Cartoon Network

The main guy practically looks like a LEGO figure of Lion-O. I think he meant that the show/characters are too close to ThunderCats for them to pursue both. It's a bit redundant on their show lineup. LEGO is a better-selling brand right now. They moved their team from ThunderCats to Chima. They can't do both.
englishw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:33 PM   #22
JamesBenjamin
Thunder Kitty
And again, his show being cancelled had nothing to do with Chima.
JamesBenjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:52 PM   #23
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBenjamin View Post
And again, his show being cancelled had nothing to do with Chima.
Nobody is saying that it had anything to do with the cancellation of the new Thundercats show, but it can be seen as the last nail in it's coffin. Sort of like Transformers Prime was to Transformers Animated. Prime had nothing to do with Animated's demise, but it was sort of the last nail in it's coffin. The last confirmation that there was absolutely no shred of hope left at it continuing in any way, shape, or form.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:26 PM   #24
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Its official this news made all the snarfs cry . An anime mini series of thundercats (like xmen and wolverine mini series) is on my wish list
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:02 PM   #25
THUNDER JEDI
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
Its official this news made all the snarfs cry . An anime mini series of thundercats (like xmen and wolverine mini series) is on my wish list
I felt thousands of snarfs cry out in terror...then suddenly silenced.
THUNDER JEDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:57 PM   #26
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
I find it funny that both my wife and I thought Chima was a Thundercats knock off when we first saw it ...and that was even before seeing any this BS from these guys.
Lody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:43 PM   #27
Steelgrave
Ho!
Be thankful they're not letting Thundercats drag on forever like a tired sick dog like they are with GI Joe. GI Joe sucks now & they really need to put that shit to rest once & for all.
Steelgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:49 PM   #28
vantheman77
Thunder Kitty
In a way I'm relieved, especially with the way it's written. Only the art and animation was good, everything else wasn't.
vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:47 PM   #29
AmuroMkII
Thunder Kitty
I've seen too many series that I love get canned prematurely, however I have one complaint against how WB handles their franchises, like Young Justice, the thundercats had a wide open ending, which leaves you hanging. No closure, the finale is great with action packed scenes and epic fight scenes, but you should never abruptly end a good climax without a proper closure. Yes it does leave room if they want to continue the series but they should've at least gave it a great exit with no expectations.
AmuroMkII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:33 PM   #30
Lucien
Thunder Kitty
That Chima stunt...how is that not a lawsuit waiting to happen?! The main character looks just like Lion-O! I honestly don't see the appeal. T-Cats was way cooler.
Lucien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 04:09 PM   #31
Mako Crab
Thunder Kitty
Whatever happens in the future, I just hope they get someone else to make the toys than Bandai. Poor toy sales, not ratings, is what killed this show. Same exact thing happened to the 2002 He-Man.
Mako Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:06 PM   #32
Slithe
Lizard King
For the most part, I thought it was good. I think that a great story that appeals to kids is what sells toys. The storyline was too adult; dumb it down for the kids and make the toys more fun. It's a winning formula - look at TMNT.
Slithe is offline   Reply With Quote