TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats News and Rumors

Old 06-05-2013, 12:25 PM   #1
Joe Moore
Administrator
Mezco Announces SDCC Exclusive Cheetara and Snarf
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:49 PM   #2
McSoundwave
Thundercat Ho
Hmmm. Interesting. I prefer the look of the regular release Cheetara with the normal eyes, but this is still pretty cool...snarf, snarf...

Last edited by McSoundwave; 06-07-2013 at 03:27 AM..
McSoundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:03 AM   #3
Captn Cracka
Thunder Kitty
i seem to be in the minority but i personally like the glow in the dark eyes.
Captn Cracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:28 AM   #4
butterflyboy
Thunder Kitty
I dunno. She looks possessed or something. Did the exclusive Lion-O have that issue?
butterflyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:03 PM   #5
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
Oh my!
Lody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:10 PM   #6
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
This looks pretty sweet. I am pretty tempted to order.
adssse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:15 AM   #7
midnight
Thunder Kitty
Does anyone know how many inches the figure is?
And where can you get them if you can not go to SDCC?
midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:52 AM   #8
McSoundwave
Thundercat Ho
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight View Post
Does anyone know how many inches the figure is?
And where can you get them if you can not go to SDCC?
14" for Cheetara and 5" for Snarf. They can be had here...

Cheetara 14inch and Snarf Deluxe 2 Pack
Old 06-08-2013, 11:15 AM   #9
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
Not my cup of tea but well done again Mezco
LiarDice Films is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 04:21 PM   #10
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
It's interesting, but an easy pass for me. If I got her, I would just get the retail version. That said, I don't have any of these huge figures, yet, and I'm currently not planning on getting any of them. Though if I ever do, Panthro would be my first purchase. Speaking of which, I could probably still find him, and Mumm-Ra for that matter, at TRU.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:08 AM   #11
McSoundwave
Thundercat Ho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
It's interesting, but an easy pass for me. If I got her, I would just get the retail version. That said, I don't have any of these huge figures, yet, and I'm currently not planning on getting any of them. Though if I ever do, Panthro would be my first purchase. Speaking of which, I could probably still find him, and Mumm-Ra for that matter, at TRU.
Ah, don't sleep on these Raven! They're easily the best classics renditions we've yet to see. Grab that Panthro and I guarantee you won't be disappointed and I imagine it'll only lead to your purchase of the other releases from the line. Long live Mezco's mega-scale Thundercats!!!
Old 06-10-2013, 06:48 PM   #12
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSoundwave View Post
Ah, don't sleep on these Raven! They're easily the best classics renditions we've yet to see. Grab that Panthro and I guarantee you won't be disappointed and I imagine it'll only lead to your purchase of the other releases from the line. Long live Mezco's mega-scale Thundercats!!!
I have to second this. I have three (Lion-O, Panthro and Mumm-ra) and they are all awesome!
Old 06-11-2013, 09:33 AM   #13
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSoundwave View Post
I'll admit, they're definitely cool, just not my cup of tea really. I would only get a couple of them anyways. I have no interest in tracking down Lion-O. Though Mumm-Ra is a little tempting. I kinda want to see if they do the kids or not. Panthro is my favorite character, but as I kid watching the show I was able to connect with them better than most of the other characters.

I'm going to TRU on Saturday, so who knows...
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:57 AM   #14
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
just bought the exclusive.
IndyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:37 PM   #15
THUNDER JEDI
Thunderian Commoner
Mezco also has last years mummy mumm-ra 2pack available for purchase. Don't know if this has been up for a while, but I thought it became hard to find last year and the prices were high...they still are on Ebay.
THUNDER JEDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:25 PM   #16
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
I just got a shipping notice on this a few minutes ago from Mezco!
Old 07-08-2013, 06:48 PM   #17
thunderbee
Thunder Kitty
Got mine too, said it shipped today... No details on tracker yet. I thought this wasn't supposed to ship until LATE July AFTER COMIC CON!!!! I( won't complain though...Hope to have her in a few days with SNARF!!! WOO HOO!!!!!
thunderbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #18
McSoundwave
Thundercat Ho
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbee View Post
Got mine too, said it shipped today... No details on tracker yet. I thought this wasn't supposed to ship until LATE July AFTER COMIC CON!!!! I( won't complain though...Hope to have her in a few days with SNARF!!! WOO HOO!!!!!
Once they arrive...and this goes for anyone who gets them...pics please!
Old 07-13-2013, 10:16 AM   #19
wes2882
Thunder Kitty
Hey guys! Yep, I got the email saying mine shipped too, but UPS still says it is waiting for the package, so no delivery date details yet. When I was checking my order status today, I noticed that the regular Cheetara is listed as in stock now too, so I went ahead and picked her up. As soon as either one arrives, I will post pics!
Wes
PS Do we think there is any chance we'll see another figure (like Tygra) at SDCC, or do we think Cheetara is all we get for 2013, and the next figure might be at Toy Fair?
wes2882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:39 PM   #20
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
I was looking on amazon the other day and noticed the date for those selling there that their date is July 15th.

Amazon.com: ThunderCats Cheetara 14-Inch Mega-Scale Action Figure: Toys & Games
Old 07-16-2013, 01:57 PM   #21
MegatronWolf
Overlord
this would be worth it just for snarf but im sure the price wont be. Ill stick with the regular release if i can ever get one, everytime i go to order i wind up having to use the money on something else. And now that MP Soundwave is just around the corner its going to happen again. To bad this series of figures isnt released at retail, would make things a hell of a lot easier.
MegatronWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:45 AM   #22
McSoundwave
Thundercat Ho
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronWolf View Post
this would be worth it just for snarf but im sure the price wont be. Ill stick with the regular release if i can ever get one, everytime i go to order i wind up having to use the money on something else. And now that MP Soundwave is just around the corner its going to happen again. To bad this series of figures isnt released at retail, would make things a hell of a lot easier.
But they are released at retail...TRU, FYE, collectible/comic shops, etc. Check around. I'm sure if you want one badly enough, you'll make it happen.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:45 AM   #23
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
I'm sure he is referring to Snarf, not being released retail. since it only comes with the SDCC version, chances are that Cheetara will not come with Snarf at TRU, FYE, etc...
Old 07-18-2013, 09:50 AM   #24
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Supposed to be delivered today!
Old 07-18-2013, 01:05 PM   #25
thunderbee
Thunder Kitty
GOT HER...and him...errr... SNARF!!! PICS... Hard to see, but her eye do have a yellow pupil with good detail. Snarf is a Figurine/Rotocast... Paint is not as detailed as last years decrepit Mumm-ra sadly...FUN, but not as awesome. LOVE the set though!!!

Old 07-18-2013, 01:08 PM   #26
thunderbee
Thunder Kitty

Old 07-18-2013, 01:10 PM   #27
thunderbee
Thunder Kitty
Sorry...Pics aren't loading...

Old 07-18-2013, 02:01 PM   #28
wes2882
Thunder Kitty
Wow!!!!! I think they both look great. I wasn't as much a fan of Snarf before (something looked off), but he looks better in these pics! Cheetara is absolutely beautiful! My Mezco exclusive is arriving at my dad's house today (because Mezco didnt have DC as a shipping option...) and my regular Cheetara arrives tomorrow. I will unfortunately be gone on a trip, so I'm not going to see either one until next week, but your pics help. I noticed that on Mezco's site, regular Cheetara is almost sold out (1 left) and SDCC Cheetara is sold out! I'm hoping this sends a clear message to Mezco that we need more Thundercats!!! They have to do Tygra. Wilykit and Kat need to be a two pack with hover boards...And I'd love to see the mutants too..Maybe one can include Ma-mutt...Lynxo, Bengali and Pumyra would rock too... Well, at the very least, they HAVE to do Tygra!
Wes
Old 07-19-2013, 12:01 PM   #29
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
got mine yesterday, but havn't had time to take it out of the box!
Old 07-20-2013, 02:25 AM   #30
McSoundwave
Thundercat Ho
Thanks for the pics Thunder! That's a fine looking set there! One l'll definitely have to track down. Anyhow, I wonder who shall be next in the line-up from Mezco!?! They sure as hell can't stop now!
Old 07-29-2013, 11:18 AM   #31
si3ge
Thunder Kitty
i love the exclusives but im also a sucker for anything glow-in-the-dark. i have both liono and cheetara exclusive and am nothing but happy i snagged em.

i wouldnt doubt they will do a tygra and then think about stopping there since tygra is the last character displayed on each box that hasnt been made yet.

granted mummrah wasnt on any of the boxes but he still got made which means there may be hope for other characters. just gotta keep those sales up
si3ge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:30 PM   #32
wes2882
Thunder Kitty
Mumm-ra appears on his own box along with the 3 main mutants. It's just Lion-o and the T-cats on the good guys' box. I would LOVE if the did the Mutants as well. I find it highly doubtful, but you never know!
Old 07-30-2013, 05:01 PM   #33
wes2882
Thunder Kitty
Hey guys! So I got my Cheetara and Snarf finally today (had to have it shipped to my dad's place and just got down to see him) It looks great of course, and Snarf looks perfect hanging out with everybody else. As I was taking the figures out of the box, I noticed something kind of neat. Each box has the character featured prominently on the front, with the other team members appearing down the sides. Out of curiosity, I looked back at my Lion-O figure's box, and sure enough, there is Lion-O right on the front with Panthro right behind him...and then Cheetara...and then Tygra. That has been the exact order of character releases. Not sure this was intentional, but I just though I'd share. In the area of wishful thinking, I also took a pic of my Mumm-ra box. if that same pattern were to be followed, our next release would be Slithe. I was there was a way to release the mutants, but I'm just not sure they have the appeal at that scale. I know I would buy them quick enough! A three pack would be amazing...but also really big and costly. Can't wait til we hear/see something definite on Tygra.
Wes
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo copy.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	1824Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	1825
Old 07-30-2013, 07:47 PM   #34
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
I hope to see Tygra next! The mutants would be a huge bonus! My bank account would take a beating, but I would be excited.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:18 PM   #35
THUNDER JEDI
Thunderian Commoner
Sdcc cheetara with snarf are available now on bigbadtoystore.com, if any one is still looking for it.
THUNDER JEDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:37 PM   #36
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Saw regular Cheetara at TRU yesterday.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:47 AM   #37
mmartino
Thunder Kitty
After Tygra i so want Begali with Berbil, Lynx-o with Snarfer and Pumyra with another Berbil. ohhhh yeah!
mmartino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:49 PM   #38
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
Cheetara is showing up at Toys R Us sans Snarf

I posted this about two weeks ago but it never got front paged or aknowledged
Lody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:33 PM   #39
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lody View Post
Cheetara is showing up at Toys R Us sans Snarf

I posted this about two weeks ago but it never got front paged or aknowledged
Cool, I will have to keep an eye out. Thanks for letting us know!
Old 09-21-2013, 02:50 AM   #40
McSoundwave
Thundercat Ho
I have both this SDCC special edition as well as the regular Mezco release Cheetara sitting in my POL at present. I need a few other things to hit before I authorize shipment and then they'll be mine. Wooo-ha-ha-hahaha! Can't wait, but sadly, I must.