TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats News and Rumors

Old 02-10-2013, 04:23 PM   #1
Deefuzz
Thunder Kitty
http://www.thundercats.ws/news/thund...s-figures-521/
Deefuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:53 PM   #2
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
These have really been great so far. Long live the Mezco line!
adssse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:39 PM   #3
moreprimeland
Prime Kitty
Truly surprising to see these...really thought they had killed everything.
moreprimeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:33 PM   #4
McSoundwave
Thundercat Ho
Why do all of the lil' name tags by the figures' feet say "Jul 2013"? Of course I understand Cheetara's release is this coming Jul, but all the others have long been for sale!?!
McSoundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:46 PM   #5
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
So this is it for the year?

Other than the mini mates figures...
Lody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:57 PM   #6
pallas
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSoundwave View Post
Why do all of the lil' name tags by the figures' feet say "Jul 2013"? Of course I understand Cheetara's release is this coming Jul, but all the others have long been for sale!?!
Maybe the others are getting a rerelease, I wouldn't mind picking up a Mumm-ra with Cheetara, don't have room for them but those two are pretty cool looking.
pallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:28 AM   #7
Joe Moore
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lody View Post
So this is it for the year?

Other than the mini mates figures...
Pretty much, yeah. Bandai had no Thundercats display (not surprising in the least) and no one else had anythign licensed at the moment. Icon Heroes, that I could tell, was not at the show. So I don't know what, if anything else, they have planned.
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:15 PM   #8
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Moore View Post
Pretty much, yeah. Bandai had no Thundercats display (not surprising in the least) and no one else had anythign licensed at the moment. Icon Heroes, that I could tell, was not at the show. So I don't know what, if anything else, they have planned.
Disappointing
Old 02-13-2013, 01:16 PM   #9
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
On a side note

BBTS has the Mini Mates Wave 3 for pre order and scheduled for March

Thundercats Classic Minimates Box Set 03 - Thundercats Minimates & Miniatures
Old 02-13-2013, 03:34 PM   #10
McSoundwave
Thundercat Ho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lody View Post
Disappointing
I share your sentiment. Although I'm stoked to see Chetara coming our way courtesy of Mezco, I was greedily hoping for another figure from their mega-scale line. SDCC perhaps?
McSoundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:22 PM   #11
wes2882
Thunder Kitty
I totally agree! So excited to see Cheetara (and she looks so awesome) but also slightly disappointed that she was it for now. I think SDCC might be the place to see the next one though (and maybe an exclusive again!). I just really hope that Mezco makes Tygra next, since, to me, he is the next most essential. That way, if the line ends, which I sure hope it doesn't, at least we have the four main cats and the main villain. I'm worried that if they try to do a mutant next, sales might be soft and then we might never see Tygra, since they said they will make these as long as sales continue to be good. I think Tygra should be next, and they should sculpt an SDCC exclusive set of Wilykat and Wilykit or Snarf and Ma-mutt. They could even be non-poseable like Mummy Mumm-ra to cut down on costs. Then next should be SSslithe, Monkian, and Jackalman. Then if they were REALLY awesome, they'd do Pumyra, Ben-gali, Lynx-O and Vultureman, in that order.
wes2882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:17 PM   #12
Joe Moore
Administrator
I think what works to Mezco's advantage is that they are doing a great job of aiming right for those that would buy these. They don't seem to over produce them, they saved on production costs by limiting the figure tooling and they've found a way to get a second release out of 2 of the 3 current releases. Tygra would be the logical next figure, and getting a convention exclusive repaint is easy as they can just make a clear one.
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:35 PM   #13
wes2882
Thunder Kitty
I completely agree with you. They seem to be playing it smart thus far, and I bet they'll continue in this direction. I am hoping that Tygra will be announced/released sooner rather than later so that they could have a clear, convention exclusive by SDCC. Since last year's Mumm-ra got an extra, newly sculpted, non-articulated piece, I think clear Tygra should come with Snarf, so we make sure to get him in there too.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:55 PM   #14
si3ge
Thunder Kitty
a clear tygra would be DOPE.
even a half clear / half color version like he is in mid-transformation would be amazing to see
si3ge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:24 PM   #15
midnight
Thunder Kitty
I really like these figures but they are too tall. Why cant they make 6 inch figures of these? I think they will sell more if they did.
midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:45 AM   #16
wes2882
Thunder Kitty
I personally don't mind their large size, but I understand where some collectors would prefer a more common/smaller scale. The Mezco license doesn't allow for this as far as I know. Bandai has the license for 6inch scale figures, and Mezco's license is just for larger scale collectibles. Who knows what Bandai will do with the license at this point since the new show is dead and they dont really seem to be pursuing any more classic merchandise. In the meantime, I'm just loving the larger scale figures from Mezco and the super-small ones from Minimates.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:03 AM   #17
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Cheetara does look great, but I can't honestly say that I'll ever buy one of these. I did have the opportunity to buy a Panthro. Even walked around the TRU I was at for a little bit with him in-hand. I ultimately decided not to buy him. I don't really know how to describe why I didn't, I just...couldn't.

Whether or not I deserved to, I felt kind of like a bad Thundercats fan later that day. Though I feel that I've since redeemed myself, as I recently ordered a 6" Cheetara, Season 2 Volume 2 of the original series (only need S2V2 now), and all three "books" to the new series from Amazon. I also bought a 4" Mumm-Ra from a local Walmart for three bucks, meaning that I'll have three Thundercats figures...all in different scales...lol
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote