TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 09-20-2011, 12:01 PM   #1
Joe Moore
Administrator
What Are Your Thoughts After 8 Thundercats Episodes?

What do you like and dislike? What's been the best episode so far?
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:36 PM   #2
Childsmonkey
Thunder Monkey
I really enjoy the series. I think it is much better than the original. However, I do miss the original Thundercats music. They always started playing the same cool music after Lion-O says Thundercats Ho! I really like how the new series focuses on story. I feel like they have really expanded the whole Thundercats universe in just a few episodes. In addition, my favorite new vehicle has to be the lizard army mechs.
Childsmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:41 PM   #3
Lion O of savannah
TruthJusticeHonorLoyalty
I am a huge fan of the original 80's cartoon, and I think the new series is wonderful. since the show first started, every friday I am giddy to get out of my last college class knowing I am only hours away from the new episode. I even act like a little kid watching the new series eating a bowl of Cereal, than following playing with my new Thundercat figure collection. I am anxiously waiting for the new set of episodes to begin airring in 5 weeks. Thundercats HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Lion O of savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:08 PM   #4
LionO5289
Thunder Kitty
I'm loving it. I'm glad they're showing reruns for a bit since I missed a couple of episodes but so far the premiere is my favorite.
LionO5289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:12 PM   #5
rchrz60
Lord of My Thundercats
Ok, I will admit that I was afraid that the new show would be bad, but after watching it, I can say that I actually enjoy it. I still think the 80's version rocks, and will be collecting all the classics, but the new show isn't bad. I don't think it's better, but rather, it stands alone while still honoring some of what the original set in place. To try and compare the two would be impossible, but I thought it was cool that Larry Kenny also played Lion-O's dad in the new show. Good way to pass the torch. For anyone to say that the New show is better than the old, then you weren't a real ThunderCats fan in the first place.
rchrz60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:19 PM   #6
crackus
Thunder Puss
love it!! can't wait to see it every week. seems like 20-25 minutes of every episode is not enough..
crackus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:29 PM   #7
Nekomen
Licking Purrfection
It's perfect as is so far...

Well okay, maybe the only change I would make is tone down the drifter just a shade so he wasn't so literally drifting in the wind to emphasize his loss of will.

To me, this show is what he-man 2k is to he-man(Prince adam and he-man looking different in 2k, whereas they looked the same in original among other... issues.). It takes the original and spins the premise in a more serious manner with less problems and more realism. The original irked me in how it had a literal kid in a man's body be their leader and no one even thought twice about the fact he's still mentally 13. This execution of the same premise gives better growth with how he's a kid burgeoning on manhood but then thrust into the role of a king.

All around can't wait to see where it goes.

Last edited by Nekomen; 09-20-2011 at 01:33 PM..
Nekomen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:49 PM   #8
decepticat
Snarf!
First off, I was a huge fan of the original. That being said this one even with it's nods to the classic 80's version is a totally new show. It's been said that it's Lord of the Rings meets Star Wars. I agree that it blends Sci Fi with sword/scocery{??} fantasy. It has created it's own universe and mythology. My only real complaint is that while I understand and enjoy the flashbacks, we've seen very little of our team in action since they have pulled together. MummRa, Grune, Slithe and his army while shown a little{more so in flashbacks} have yet to truly clash with the Thundercats. I look very forward to seeing these clashes and the pair ups like Grune vs Panthro that we all know will happen at some point. Meanwhile as they continue to expand the new Thundercats universe it's exciting to think of what we may see come to pass with Silverhawks or TigerSharks, or whatever else. I also gotta say the seriousness of the show versus the original is a relief as that was my only real complaint of the original was the hoky humor as in each show had to end in a big laugh fest each week. In conclusion, the creators of this version have really done an excellent job so far, lets see if they can keep it up and create a mythos that can over time hold up alongside the original which is why this show is being done today.
decepticat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:41 PM   #9
SPLIT LIP
King of Braves
Week after week this show has kept me hooked. Every episode has been consistently good in writing, and has either advanced the story, developed the backstory, or had a strong enough plot that even as stand-alone is was just as enjoyable as any world-building episode. And there is impressive world-building. They've had a lot to establish since this series departs (for the better, IMO) from the old cartoon. The visual style is great, I've heard complaints it's too anime-y, but I disagree. It's simply stylistic. The designs are excellent, especially Lion-O and Panthro. Evoking the feel of the old show while looking more practical (more so for Lion-O) and fitting to the characters. The characters as they're developed are very enjoyable, especially Lion-O and Tygra. Lion-O is very emotionally driven, which is an unbecoming trait for a king, but yet here he is. This is one of the few shows where the main charatcer is in fact my favourite, and not a supporting charatcer or villain. Likewise Tygra is not a personality you'd always have for a main hero. If this were any other show I'd write him off as future turncoat, but he's not so competetive and self-centered as to be a villain or over the top.

If I had one reservation with this show it's Mumm-Ra. For me he's cool, but he's a missed opporunity of sorts. He could've been such an epic villain, and almost all my misgivings about him are visual. In his decayed form he doesn't look intimidating. I understand this is his weak form, but he just comes across as a mummy in a hood. He should look creepier, darker. The red cloak is a shade or two too bright for my tastes, and seeing his skinny body underneath just reminds me of how silly his actual body is. His cloak should engulf him in shadow Batman-style, the only hint of his actual body underneath being when he stretches out a single, decaying arm. His true form is also kind of off to me, but less so. I adore the ragged, decayed wings, and by-and-large love the design, but for some reason his nose is short and unpturned, and almost always shaded. I understand this is probably to evoke a skull-appearance, but since almost his entire head is covered by a helmet and this is the only "skull" like attribute to his face, he just sorta looks like a bulldog to me. Other than that the only beef I have with this form is that it's also too bright, especially for a creature of darkness. His voice is cool, and the character is alright, but he just doesn't look as impressive for his role as the Thundercats.

But overall the show is fantastic. I've seen the old show and, no offense, found it repulsive. I can't understand how a show as bad as that spawned a show as excellent as the remake. This is going to be the hardest six weeks of the year.

Last edited by SPLIT LIP; 09-20-2011 at 05:12 PM..
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:55 PM   #10
Darkspeed
Spectacular, Mechtacular!
Overall, I'd say this show is a success. I'd been looking forward to it for a long time, and the first few episodes certainly disappoint... The character designs were really well done, the new story was refreshing and didn't treat the audience like idiots - You knew during the invasion that bad shit was going down, and it didn't shy away from it. The later episodes, revealing the backstory of Mumm-Ra and the Sword of Omens, were great but did stretch my imagination a little too thin in places... Particularly Mumm-Ra being from outer space. I honestly preferred him as a solely supernatural enemy, but at least this new version is much more of a present threat.

But the selling point for me are the characters... Brilliantly written and cast, they bring a lot to the show. The new version of Lion-O is great, Panthro and Cheetara have a lot of depth to them, and even the Thunderkittens are fun to watch. Tigra is my least favorite, if only for fact he hasn't really had much development. But the star of the show for me is Grune, who really is the most charismatic of all the cast. And the new characters they introduce every week do a great job of standing up with the regulars, so I hope this trend continues.
Darkspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 05:05 PM   #11
nomad16
Thundarian
I have to say its one of the best animated series to come out in a long while and a great continuation of the original series. I loved that we had the original voice actor who portrayed Lion-o on the original series as the voice of Cladus. I think the series has great character development, story arks and growth each episode adds more info of the characters past and future and also the flashbacks in the series history.

I truly look forward to future episodes and seasons!!!! and totally plan on buying the seasons on dvd or blu!!!
nomad16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 05:10 PM   #12
SPLIT LIP
King of Braves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkspeed View Post
Overall, I'd say this show is a success. I'd been looking forward to it for a long time, and the first few episodes certainly disappoint...
Judging from your post, I think you meant to say "don't dissapoint."
Old 09-20-2011, 06:51 PM   #13
eriku
Thunder Kitty
I can't think of a single negative thing to say about the show. I'm genuinely excited for each new episode, in a way that I haven't felt since Lost. It's just been so consistently good that even if the quality slipped a bit later on it would still probably be the best cartoon on television.

Even the toys are pretty great.
eriku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:24 PM   #14
Lonos
Thunder Kitty
So far the new series has been better than what I had hoped for. It has moved far enough away from the original to loose some of the 80's isms, but retained enough of the mythos to give it that familiar feel. My gut feeling is that this series has the potential to be longer lived than the original and also provide an excellent toyline to go with it.
Lonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:41 PM   #15
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Needs more hentai influence. Cheetara vs. Mumm-Ra's wrappings...................... IM KIDDING!!! Or am I??
Kregermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:48 PM   #16
ThundercatsRules
Thunder Kitty
This episode was great , but I hate how the duelist took the sword of omens.
ThundercatsRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:05 PM   #17
JASONKAT
Thunder Kitty
If i could change thing from these shows, i would say "include" rather than "get rid of"... i would love it if they "included" the opening theme song, like they had it in the 80s. However i do like the idea of "no interdution" with just a simple roar!. I would like that roar at the end of the theme song if they made it for the next chapter. As for anything else. i pretty much like what i see so far. I know ech show tells a story, but i kinda dont wanna c that and would wanna know more about the thunder tank, their new home, and other kool gagets, such as the wily's surfboard. mumra's tomb, and his kool tank. but it seems like they always extend it so we can meet other new characters. (which is kool) but dont over do it. Keep the focus on thundercats. other than that, im loving it.
JASONKAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:33 PM   #18
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
I'm loving it so far. There really isn't much of anything I would change. It's got enough similarities to the original to keep me happy, but has plenty of originality to keep it modern and interesting. I just hope their able to continue the show the way it's been going so far.

Not really related to the show, but this new Snarf really needs to be made into plush-form...like NOW. I would even buy a life-sized plush of him...
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:05 AM   #19
rchrz60
Lord of My Thundercats
So I've been reading some of these other comments, and I would say that I agree with most of them for the most part. I would love to see more of a tie into the 80's version if it did so without being campy. The theme song would be great, even if they updated it a little. You have to admit that part of the reason this show has such a huge following is that it brought in a lot of fans of the original. I just don't want to see them write it off all together as if this was an original idea of it's own, that would just be rude and disrespectful of the original.

I also agree that while the flashbacks are cool and help establish some of the story, we do need to see more current events. Clashing between Mumm-Ra and the Cats, or the mutants, the Building of the new Cats Lair, etc. I don't want this to turn into a show like "Kung-Fu" where the Thundercats just travel the land helping people, that's not what this show is about. I was a little thrown by Mumm-Ra's tank. While I understand it is an updated version and they established his technology and that he was from space, lets just not over do it. One thing that was always great about Mumm-Ra was his magic and spells, they can still use that just make it darker and less campy, try to shy away from the tech a little. It wouldn't be hard either, he lost most of his tech when they landed on 3rd earth, I mean he was sealed up in that tomb until Grune let him out, and judging by the flashbacks in episode 7, it was for a long time, so how is his Tank purring like a kitten and not all rusted and broken down? These are things that are important to the realism of the story and good to keep in mind when moving forward so that you don't write yourself into a corner. If they give him too much too soon, he just won't be scary anymore and won't really be a stong villian for the Cats.

The original had this problem facing Mumm-Ra where all they had to do was show him a mirror and they would win, not really threatening. They fixed this later in season 2 when Mumm-Ra returned and had stronger powers to where his reflection didn't affect him anymore, hence he became more of a threat and the Cats had to come up with new ways to defeat him. Does any of that make sense?

I love the characters and look forward to their development, I just hope the writers remember all of the developments. For example, now that Lion-O learned some new Sword Play Techniques from the drifter, I don't want to see him just rushing in swinging in later episodes.

Ok, this is all just my opinion and I'm sure you're all going to tell me to just shut up and enjoy it, so I'll stop rambeling now.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:14 AM   #20
JASONKAT
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by rchrz60 View Post
So I've been reading some of these other comments, and I would say that I agree with most of them for the most part. I would love to see more of a tie into the 80's version if it did so without being campy. The theme song would be great, even if they updated it a little. You have to admit that part of the reason this show has such a huge following is that it brought in a lot of fans of the original. I just don't want to see them write it off all together as if this was an original idea of it's own, that would just be rude and disrespectful of the original.

I also agree that while the flashbacks are cool and help establish some of the story, we do need to see more current events. Clashing between Mumm-Ra and the Cats, or the mutants, the Building of the new Cats Lair, etc. I don't want this to turn into a show like "Kung-Fu" where the Thundercats just travel the land helping people, that's not what this show is about. I was a little thrown by Mumm-Ra's tank. While I understand it is an updated version and they established his technology and that he was from space, lets just not over do it. One thing that was always great about Mumm-Ra was his magic and spells, they can still use that just make it darker and less campy, try to shy away from the tech a little. It wouldn't be hard either, he lost most of his tech when they landed on 3rd earth, I mean he was sealed up in that tomb until Grune let him out, and judging by the flashbacks in episode 7, it was for a long time, so how is his Tank purring like a kitten and not all rusted and broken down? These are things that are important to the realism of the story and good to keep in mind when moving forward so that you don't write yourself into a corner. If they give him too much too soon, he just won't be scary anymore and won't really be a stong villian for the Cats.

The original had this problem facing Mumm-Ra where all they had to do was show him a mirror and they would win, not really threatening. They fixed this later in season 2 when Mumm-Ra returned and had stronger powers to where his reflection didn't affect him anymore, hence he became more of a threat and the Cats had to come up with new ways to defeat him. Does any of that make sense?

I love the characters and look forward to their development, I just hope the writers remember all of the developments. For example, now that Lion-O learned some new Sword Play Techniques from the drifter, I don't want to see him just rushing in swinging in later episodes.

Ok, this is all just my opinion and I'm sure you're all going to tell me to just shut up and enjoy it, so I'll stop rambeling now.
Dude i like ur options and thoughts on this.
Yea You just about have it right. We not yet know where they were planning on taking this, and i think they prob wanted to see if it made ratings or pts, b4 moving on to the next chapter.. (im 100% sure everybody loves the new thundercats) including my self.
It did have sum minor issues that could be fixed later on.
Yes we dont need to be seeing to many flashbacks, or the cats travling from village to village.. I understand they wanna do this for the new people who never seen or heard of the thundercats b4, but at the same time dont over do it. ya know?
I too would wanna know more about their new home. i miss cat's lair, that was the bomb!, and i hope sumwhere in time, it returns. but for the most part, i like wat i see so far, i also wanna c that thundertank in action (again). as well as the cats inside. We still dunno if the tank has those side-racer carts like the toys. . So thats sumthing to keep in mind.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:22 AM   #21
JASONKAT
Thunder Kitty
It did have sum minor issues that could be fixed later on.
Yes we dont need to be seeing to many flashbacks, or the cats travling from village to village.. I understand they wanna do this for the new people who never seen or heard of the thundercats b4, but at the same time dont over do it. ya know?
I too would wanna know more about their new home. i miss cat's lair, that was the bomb!, and i hope sumwhere in time, it returns. but for the most part, i like wat i see so far, i also wanna c that thundertank in action (again). as well as the cats inside. We still dunno if the tank has those side-racer carts like the toys. . So thats sumthing to keep in mind.[/QUOTE]
Theres alot of things here that could be done if done right. I kinda wish this was a "avatar's pandora' world with big birds, lighting up plants and these cats getting their powers from a big tree or w/e, while maybe having mumra trying to take over.
Wouldnt that b great? if thundercats turn into a movie like avatar? man id go nutts.
But it wouldnt hurt to do that in the cartoon version lil by lil. but again. we need to see these cats fight as a team, lite up eyes, better theme song, and moving music while they fight. mumra needs to do more than just talk. we also need to c his tomb. more. and i kinda hated how in the 2nd or 3rd show.. they started their journey steping out of their palace. I mean this place was biggggggggggg, and they didnt even bother to search for other living cats, or wepsons they might need. i mean why da hell didnt they just rebuilt it? so yea, lil things like this bugs me, but other than that, im happy with how its going so far. keep em; coming,.

Last edited by JASONKAT; 09-21-2011 at 06:31 AM..
Old 09-21-2011, 06:38 AM   #22
rchrz60
Lord of My Thundercats
Jason,
You and I are going to be good friends, and I'm glad someone understands where I'm coming from. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the new show is bad, I actually enjoy it and I'm looking forward to new episodes. I guess my point is that they have a good foundation here, not only with ideas and some decent stories from the original, but also with what they've started too. I just don't want to see them screw it up because they get excited about the initial ratings and get ahead of themselves.

Part of what made the Cats great is that they are a team and they work together, other things like the ThunderCats symbol from the sword and their eyes lighting up were also key elements to the show, heck they even added that feature to the original figures, so that tells you it was something the fans liked.

I think in a time where reboots and remakes are popular they couldn't have picked a better time to relaunch ThunderCats, but they need to aviod that common Hollywood mistake by rushing and trying to do too much too soon, or changing things completely. For example, I have been a long time Superman fan, since I can remember, I even have an S logo tattoo, but now between the new suit in Man of Steel, and the fact that Superman is wearing Jeans and a T-Shirt, and is no longer married to Lois in the comics, I'm starting to lose interest in Superman all together.

ThunderCats was a memory from my childhood that I will always have, and it was something that I cherished long before talks or actions of a new show and toyline, I just don't want them to mess those fond memories up by not listening to the fans when it comes to ideas and direction of the show. I'm honestly hoping that the writers and producers of the show check in on Forums and Blogs such as this to help them maintain proper direction for the show.

Alright I could probably keep going on and on about this, so I guess let's stay-tuned and see what happens.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:08 AM   #23
Lepara
Thunder Kitty
I hate that we have to wait so long for the new episode but I'm loving episode six: Journey to the Tower of Omens. I've seen it 30 times!!!!!!!
Lepara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:10 AM   #24
SPLIT LIP
King of Braves
People who say there's too many flashbacks or travelling eps, you do know it's only been eight episodes, right?
Old 09-21-2011, 09:22 AM   #25
Joe Moore
Administrator
So far, for me, I've been thoroughly enjoying the show. As you can tell from my reviews, I have run into some minor issues. But those issues haven't hindered my enjoyment of the show overall. I've, so far, enjoyed this far more than any modern animated show. The animation has been just simply stunning in every episode and gives it such a cinematic look. Add to that the strong writing and voice acting (for the most part). I just hope they can keep this up for the full run and keep surprising us while also making the story grander.
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:26 AM   #26
merlin
wizard
snarf is cute and liono 's father had very bad temper
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:55 AM   #27
nitewing73
Thunderian Commoner
I really like the new show. The nice thing is that my wife actually likes it too so she and our two kids watch it with me. Someone mentioned it earlier I do miss the old music too.

Each character is pretty distinct. I'm really enjoying how the story unfolds and you see pieces of the past in each episode. The appearance of the Tigersharks and Mon-Starr was cool.

I like how they are focusing on Slythe and his lizard people and it's not a T-Cats versus the mutants in each episode.
nitewing73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:01 PM   #28
Steelheart
Silverhawk Sergeant
I've really warmed up to it. After seeing the first four episodes I kind of had an "it's okay" aproach to it, even though things seemed to be improving with ep. 4. Then I finally caught up on ep. 5-8, and I really liked what I saw. Proof that this show is continuing to improve every week. It's making me want to go back and watch the DVD of the classic show now. I'm definately a fan of the new show.

As for things that I'm not keen on. I still prefer Cheetara's old costume to her new one, but the new one's okay. And I don't like that they seem to have reversed Wilykit ans Wikykat's ages/personalities. Kit always seemed to be the leader, big sister and risk taker with Kat as the cautious one. I always liked that about her and now Kat seemes to be the older, risk taker making Kit seem a bit weaker as a character. Maybe I'm just reading too much into these first few episodes but I hope their distinct personlities are able to shine though as the series progresses.
Steelheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:35 PM   #29
JASONKAT
Thunder Kitty

Last edited by JASONKAT; 09-21-2011 at 03:38 PM..
Old 09-21-2011, 03:38 PM   #30
JASONKAT
Thunder Kitty
Jason,
You and I are going to be good friends,

That reminded me of Rhoda from Problem Child 2, lol
"You and I are going to be good friends" whys that? cause ur daddy's going out on a date? lol. Anyways..

I love thundercats, i would watch the show everymoring b4 school around 6:45 or 7am. with a bowl of applejack, lol.
But then as i got older I didnt have time to watch em anymore or they ended up being just re-runs, so i grew out of that. But now its been like over 15yrs and im really glad they r back, and i hope they r here to stay.
I wanna say i love every character in this but by that i only mean the cats and mum-ra everybody else who has been poping out, i could care les for. even if they have sumthing to do w the thundercats..
my favs are.. wilykit/wily kat, lion-o and Cheetara. and snarf is cute and funny.
Another thing, i kinda wish these shows were longer, or like 2 shows per friday. like back to back. So that watever ends in the 1st, we see in the next1, i hate waiting a week, by then i 4got wat happened lastweek, lol
i think my fav show would b tower of omens or watever it was called. Because the cats teamed up to find this place and along the way, they each had to do sumthing to keep moving w/out getting killed. now it seems like theres a fight going on with just 1 cat, which is lion-o so i hope we see more as they keep coming . GO THUNDERCATS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-21-2011, 07:28 PM   #31
Jack-Pumpkinhead
Thunderan Thespian
I loved the original series, and I was excited about this when I first heard of it. Now that I've actually seen it, I still love it! Yes, it's doing for Thundercats what the 2003 He-Man series did for He-Man; keeping the bones of the story, removing the camp and improving silly characters. The animation is beautiful, the voicework is spot on, Excellent writing. The only thing I've noticed is something a friend pointed out; everybody seems to stand still wshen they talk. Rarely do you see a full-body shot when characters are talking or if you do, they're usually standing still. But otherwise, the show is fantastic, and I can't wait for more episodes!

Thundercats, HOOOO!!!!!!!!!
Jack-Pumpkinhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:49 PM   #32
Steelheart
Silverhawk Sergeant
Another thing I forgot to mention that I like is that they have already found the Book of Omens. Yes they are still on a quest - to find the gems and unite the animals against Mumm-Ra, but their first major objective from the pilot has been achieved. I honestly thought it might take until the end of the season for them to just find the book so I have to praise the show on its pacing so far.

As for favorite episode so far that would be either Tower of Omens or Drifter and the Duelist. I love how the former is where they do find the book as I said before and how each TCat gets their own spotlight moment and a cool fight against Mumm-Ra, plus Jaga's fate. As for the later, I just really like all the sword animation in that ep and the message of that ep and I love the character of the Drifter. So I guess I have my favorite main story ep and favorite filler ep so far. As for least favorite Remlak Rising - I could see the cliched moral coming from a mile away in that ep. and Lion-O was just plain annoying. It almost turned my off of the show. Though I do like the idea of a sea of sand.

And for the record, I love the new Snarf - cute and funny and not annoying at all like the original. Plushie please!

As for Mumm-Ra I do agree that I would have preferred him as a completely supernatural villain too. The whole angle they took in ep.6 was not was I was expecting, not bad per se, just kinda disapointing.

Last edited by Steelheart; 09-21-2011 at 09:02 PM..
Steelheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:19 PM   #33
topnotch97
Lexi Belle fan
i wish this series turns into 50 episodes
topnotch97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:10 PM   #34
JASONKAT
Thunder Kitty
50? more like a 137, lol :P
Old 09-22-2011, 12:02 AM   #35
rchrz60
Lord of My Thundercats
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT LIP View Post
People who say there's too many flashbacks or travelling eps, you do know it's only been eight episodes, right?
I know it's only been 8 episodes, but that is pretty much all we've seen. I don't even think we've seen them set up camp for the night. I'm not trying to nitpic, because I do really enjoy the show. It would just be cool if they even made a reference to something like that. Have Lion-O go off and start looking for locations for the New Cats Lair is all.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:11 PM   #36
xhavoc86
Thunder Kitty
I still do not like the character designs, I'm sorry, I hate them. I don't like the anime style that they incorporate, i don't like how young they look...

Aside from that, I think the appeal and look of the show in general is amazing. Some of the episodes were bleh and unnecessary in my opinion, filler if you will, but in general, its good and I do hope it continues for a long time.
xhavoc86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:03 PM   #37
JASONKAT
Thunder Kitty
@xhavoc89 ..I too didnt like the anime idea thing when i 1st heard about this. I was like wtf is this? lol. compared to the 80s' version. that1 was like 100x better design "wise" However i love the story they have now than the 80's, Its more story than kiddy stuff. So thats good. On the downside. I also didnt like sum of the shows, or at least sum parts were unneeded. Alot of people here thought it was baddas and very nice to bring in new characters, But i still didnt care much for any of em. And at times it killed a good 5/10/15 mins of the show's time b4 it got to the good part(s) but by then, its over.
The thing about the 80s was that it was always focus on the cats, nothing else. it was them and mumra's clan. This1 seems like mumra' is nothing.. and the other people in those villages actually mean sumthing. Anyhow. Im not gonna bbitch about it and just enough watever they bring us. I just hope it gets better and sum things such as this is changed and not keep adding on more characters. But ya i got used to the anime-look so im passed that, just not the flashback things or unwanted shows.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:55 PM   #38
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
The only real criticism I have with the show so far is that I wish Tygra was getting a little more attention. It seems like he's fading to the background a little.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:13 AM   #39
Simbatron
Thunder Kitty
Very promising show. High quality writing - even if it hugs cliches. It's exciting and I'm totally hooked. Best episode: Song of the Petulars - emmy worthy. Worst episode -- talking rabbit one. I do love the episodes that show the backstory.

I'm sticking with it. My kids - I have a hard time getting them to hook into it, so maybe it won't last
Simbatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:16 PM   #40
>EXO<
Thunder Kitty
I absolutely love this show. I have some issues with very minor things but it delivers so much kick ass that I can forgive my small complaints. This is how an updating of any property should be done.
I'm a big fan of the original but I prefer how the story gels in this series much more. Kudos to the writers of this show.
>EXO< is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 12:26 AM   #41
Pizza Man Z
Thunder Kitty
I think the show has a lot of potential. The show has a very familiar presence to it. It reminds me of the old serious, but fells new. The art looks so much like the old show but cleaner and more defined. Watching the show with my Daughter, I find myself explaining the moral information in each of the episodes, something you do not see with most shows that are one TV now. Most of them are just dumb shows that do not make you think and have no moral value what-so-ever. I love the art, the story, the voice actors and the direction the show is going. I cannot wait to watch more episodes and hope this leads in to more shows and maybe a movie
Pizza Man Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:54 PM   #42
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
It's roped me in. A very strong start to the series that's building a strong mythos.
Pravus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:14 AM   #43
si3ge
Thunder Kitty
i just had one thought... more like a question. If Panthro and Grune were sent away on a quest to find the book of omens... why werent they told the legend of how/why it was hidden in the first place? Cheetara goes over the story and Panthro seems like he's hearing it for the very first time. Seems like some major details left out by Claudus when sending his people away to find it. Also why was the sword of omens "sight beyond sight" not thought of earlier to find the book? Panthro seems really confused by the methods they use to find the book and it seems like he should have been informed BEFORE he left.

just a thought
si3ge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 04:03 PM   #44
mihoshi
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by si3ge View Post
i just had one thought... more like a question. If Panthro and Grune were sent away on a quest to find the book of omens... why werent they told the legend of how/why it was hidden in the first place? Cheetara goes over the story and Panthro seems like he's hearing it for the very first time. Seems like some major details left out by Claudus when sending his people away to find it. Also why was the sword of omens "sight beyond sight" not thought of earlier to find the book? Panthro seems really confused by the methods they use to find the book and it seems like he should have been informed BEFORE he left.

just a thought
Claudus wasn't able to use "sight beyond sight" that is something unique to Lion-O. And Lion-O is still getting the hang of how to use it.

Also, I am thinking that it was Jaga who was keeping secrets about the Book... that's why Cheetara knows more about it. Jaga never told Claudus all he knew, but did share with the clerics who served under him.
mihoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:37 PM   #45
Saint Phe
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihoshi View Post
Claudus wasn't able to use "sight beyond sight" that is something unique to Lion-O. And Lion-O is still getting the hang of how to use it.

Also, I am thinking that it was Jaga who was keeping secrets about the Book... that's why Cheetara knows more about it. Jaga never told Claudus all he knew, but did share with the clerics who served under him.
Exactly. The clerics took it to the tower to hide it from EVERYBODY, including the Cats.
Saint Phe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:09 AM   #46
asianstudnt87
Thunder Kitty
As the newest member, I want to apologise in advance if I say anything wrong.

I love the new designs for all of the main characters, especially Liono's. I think the new design looks very gladiatorish, very Roman. For the villains, I like how they designed Mummra's spaceship. The giant ornamental face and statues combined with the Star Wars-style spaceship command centre give it a very exotic feel.

If there is a complaint I have, it's that there haven't been enough female characters within the show as of yet. Not as main characters, but maybe as good/evil side characters which the heroes meet during the journey. If they do introduce new characters, I pray the designers won't just design all new female characters like sexy scantily clad barbarian women. That would be lazy,and utterly predictable I'm not saying scantily clad isn't good, but there should be a balance. Like for every 2,3 sexy designs theres 1 classy elegant look.

What sort of classy female character designs would everyone be interested in seeing? I personally wouldn't mind designs like the female togas in the movie Gladiator(2000-with Russell Crowe) or even Gong Li's Empress in Curse of the Golden Flower(2006-international movie from China).

Last edited by asianstudnt87; 10-04-2011 at 09:13 AM..
asianstudnt87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:19 AM   #47
asianstudnt87
Thunder Kitty
Just a few pic samples:

Curse of the golden Flower:
http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/film/flower460.jpg
Note: Gong Li is the lady in centre.

And a random pic from another movie:
http://www.cinemastrikesback.com/new...ebanquet01.jpg

Gladiator(2000):
http://p2.la-img.com/930/16511/5468060_3_l.jpg

Last edited by asianstudnt87; 10-04-2011 at 09:11 AM..
asianstudnt87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:47 PM   #48
Haru of the Takaguro Dojo
Thunder Kitty
I think this show is a solid 10. Everything seemed to come together at the right time for this new version of Thundercats. A lot of good writing, and well thought out updates are coming from this show. One of the best cartoon s on TV right now. Young Justice is up there as well.
Haru of the Takaguro Dojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:54 PM   #49
Haru of the Takaguro Dojo
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
The only real criticism I have with the show so far is that I wish Tygra was getting a little more attention. It seems like he's fading to the background a little.
Other than Lion-o all the other thundercats need a little more attention too, but I think we are getting a decent amount of storytelling. Each episode we learn a little bit more about the Cats. I for one would like to see a modern update to the 80s episodes...Lion-o's annointment trials. Where he fights each thundercat to prove he's a worthy Lord. It would be an interesting fight between Lion-o and Tigra, seeing as that they are now Brothers....and I think there is still a little animosity between them.
Haru of the Takaguro Dojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:22 PM   #50
Zentron
Thunder Kitty
Apart from what asianstudnt87 has said about the lack of female characters in the series thus far (the original had a good gender balance), I'm enjoying what I have managed to see of the new show! The design is great, the animation is nice and fluid, plus I am getting an epic feel from it as well... I just hope that it ends on a high!!
Zentron is offline   Reply With Quote