TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 02-20-2012, 10:25 AM   #6901
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
I want to see T/C on the receiving end of some of Jelenic's infamous "lessons".
I think all the characters will suffer, but not to the extreme of lion-o.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:26 AM   #6902
L08e16o
Quote:
Since Lion-o died ,Wilykit might blame them for Lion-o's mental state.
I could see that. They will question what happen. Eveything was going great until after the AP.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:27 AM   #6903
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
We cannot use any method known to mankind deciphering their agenda ,we need to look for methods "elsewhere". Even Holmes is baffled by their motives and plans.

I'll need to call the MIB for help. Maybe Jelenic and crew are E.T. beings from another galaxy far far away a long time ago. (Which reminds me those old MIBs cartoon were good!)

Yeah its time to call in the professionals to unravel this mess of Jelenic"s.
Drama, we must suffer.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:00 AM   #6904
Eclipse
Witch Doctor
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
Remember what Air speed said. Lion-o took them up the mountain when they didn't want to. He felt like they were against him. These emotions are being driven by T/C.

If T/C thing didn't happen, lion-o doesn't get into the big fight where panthro came and helped them and he wouldn't take them up the mountain. He would've been focus on the other stone and not be dead.
So it looks like he couldn't rise above his own feelings of discontent after realizing Cheetara and Tygra had feelings for each other and does have a lesson to learn.

I can't wait for the episodes to finally air so I can see it for myself instead of relying on second and third hand information.
Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:33 AM   #6905
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
So it looks like he couldn't rise above his own feelings of discontent after realizing Cheetara and Tygra had feelings for each other and does have a lesson to learn.

I can't wait for the episodes to finally air so I can see it for myself instead of relying on second and third hand information.
Air speed in the TFW2005 board has the spoiler and pics if you want to see them. He didn't get any pics from 14, but he does have pics from 15.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:10 PM   #6906
Eclipse
Witch Doctor
Quote:
Air speed in the TFW2005 board has the spoiler and pics if you want to see them. He didn't get any pics from 14, but he does have pics from 15.
Thanks, I've already been there. Despite the good will to share, it's the definition of second hand.
Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 04:19 PM   #6907
Balgus82
Quote:
Remember what Air speed said. Lion-o took them up the mountain when they didn't want to. He felt like they were against him. These emotions are being driven by T/C.

If T/C thing didn't happen, lion-o doesn't get into the big fight where panthro came and helped them and he wouldn't take them up the mountain. He would've been focus on the other stone and not be dead.
He was driving them without rest. Airspeed said they wanted to stop and Lion-O didn't. They still would've been going in the same direction had T/C not happened.

What ya'll are basically telling me is that it's Cheetara and Tygra's fault that Lion-O chooses to run them ragged and Lion-O is completely blameless.
I'm sorry but that's BS.

And let's get something straight. They are already searching for the stones. They would've been searching for the stones no matter who Cheetara chose. And Slithe, Kaynar and Addicus would've still been there to ambush them no matter who Cheetara chose. Do you think they were on that mountain just hoping the Tcats would show up? No, they would've had to have been watching them and seen where they were headed. It would've happened either way.

Last edited by Balgus82; 02-20-2012 at 04:23 PM..
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 04:58 PM   #6908
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Quote:
I could see that. They will question what happen. Eveything was going great until after the AP.
I agree. If Tygra didn't that jealous of L/C or frustrated of L/C (like the pic on SM and WW,) Cheetara will not choose anyone and L/C will continue to develop to the point she will realize that she loves Lion-O more than Tygra.

Paring Tygra with Cheetara is like Pairing Superman with Wonder Woman, wrong because Superman's love is always be Lois Lane (Superman is not the type to have multiple love interests, especially with SM/LL ship is so canon). Cheetara's Love should be Lion-O as hinted in the OS heavily. Tygra should be with Pumyra.

For the bat, he has so many love interests already, too many to choose.

Talia is so jealous of bats/ww thing. DC made this funny comic, in Talia's mind of BM/WW:

With the bat/cat ship this is what happened lately, from catwoman #6 :Batman: "No more games. You're anything but stupid. It's beyond that.
All the thefts! The fights! The idiotic risks! It's all just leading to one unavoidable end! Is that what you want?!
Do you want to DIE?!"
Catwoman: "MAYBE I DO!"

Catwoman was written really bad lately, DC really reduced her character to a frickin sl"t, she will play "hanky-panky" with anyone now without any reason even with the police to get away. she can be written waaaay better than this.

Last edited by cmangund; 02-20-2012 at 06:15 PM..
cmangund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:15 PM   #6909
cmangund
Quote:
I think all the characters will suffer, but not to the extreme of lion-o.
Jelenic has some personal issues with Lion-O, definitely. With making Lion-O did a "suicide run" as the final definitive proof of the amount of hate he harbors for Lion-O.

Last edited by cmangund; 02-20-2012 at 05:25 PM..
Old 02-20-2012, 05:19 PM   #6910
cmangund
Quote:
Drama, we must suffer.
Which is why, I need to go back for a time to ships that actually work, and will end good (well in the famous Definitive DC Comic Animated Universe cartoons, as fans called it the DCAU), BM/WW and SM/LL.

Last edited by cmangund; 02-20-2012 at 05:22 PM..
Old 02-20-2012, 05:37 PM   #6911
stormbringer
Quote:
Jelenic has some personal issues with Lion-O, definitely. With making Lion-O did a "suicide run" as the final definitive proof of the amount of hate he harbors for Lion-O.

Old 02-20-2012, 05:43 PM   #6912
cmangund
Quote:
WB made a BIG mistake hiring Jelenic. The man hates Lion-o more than Mumm-ra.
Yeah its just pathetic. WB should hire him for a Tygra's show. not Lion-O's show.

Old 02-20-2012, 05:46 PM   #6913
stormbringer
Quote:
Yeah its just pathetic. WB should hire him for a Tygra's show. not Lion-O's show.

Old 02-20-2012, 05:49 PM   #6914
cmangund
Quote:
I'll bet Jelenic just loved the TCats comics.
Ugh. I don't have to read that comics to make me want to puke. What you described about that TC comic way back was already detailed enough.

Old 02-20-2012, 05:58 PM   #6915
stormbringer
Quote:
Ugh. I don't have to read that comics to make me want to puke. What you described about that TC comic way back was already detailed enough.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:04 PM   #6916
cmangund
Quote:
It was horrifying. I really have to wonder why WB would greenlight this poorly written fanfic.
Maybe Jelenic has a "silver tongue", managed to make WB greenlighted the story he made.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:20 PM   #6917
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
He was driving them without rest. Airspeed said they wanted to stop and Lion-O didn't. They still would've been going in the same direction had T/C not happened.

What ya'll are basically telling me is that it's Cheetara and Tygra's fault that Lion-O chooses to run them ragged and Lion-O is completely blameless.
I'm sorry but that's BS.

And let's get something straight. They are already searching for the stones. They would've been searching for the stones no matter who Cheetara chose. And Slithe, Kaynar and Addicus would've still been there to ambush them no matter who Cheetara chose. Do you think they were on that mountain just hoping the Tcats would show up? No, they would've had to have been watching them and seen where they were headed. It would've happened either way.
No it wouldn't. His whole attitude was affected by T/C. It is what it is.

Who said he was blameless. We have said, lion-o wouldn't take it well. Men don't take that well. Friendships have ended over a women or wars have been fought over women.

Lion-o wouldn't have stormed off and got into a fight in E14 and he wouldn't have been rash in 15. It all lead to his death.

Last edited by L08e16o; 02-20-2012 at 06:36 PM..
Old 02-20-2012, 06:21 PM   #6918
stormbringer
Quote:
Maybe Jelenic has a "silver tongue", managed to make WB greenlighted the story he made.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:23 PM   #6919
L08e16o
Quote:
I agree. If Tygra didn't that jealous of L/C or frustrated of L/C (like the pic on SM and WW,) Cheetara will not choose anyone and L/C will continue to develop to the point she will realize that she loves Lion-O more than Tygra.

Paring Tygra with Cheetara is like Pairing Superman with Wonder Woman, wrong because Superman's love is always be Lois Lane (Superman is not the type to have multiple love interests, especially with SM/LL ship is so canon). Cheetara's Love should be Lion-O as hinted in the OS heavily. Tygra should be with Pumyra.

For the bat, he has so many love interests already, too many to choose.

Talia is so jealous of bats/ww thing. DC made this funny comic, in Talia's mind of BM/WW:

With the bat/cat ship this is what happened lately, from catwoman #6 :Batman: "No more games. You're anything but stupid. It's beyond that.
All the thefts! The fights! The idiotic risks! It's all just leading to one unavoidable end! Is that what you want?!
Do you want to DIE?!"
Catwoman: "MAYBE I DO!"

Catwoman was written really bad lately, DC really reduced her character to a frickin sl"t, she will play "hanky-panky" with anyone now without any reason even with the police to get away. she can be written waaaay better than this.

If the AP didn't happen, would cheetara went to tygra and when would she have done it?
Old 02-20-2012, 06:24 PM   #6920
cmangund
Quote:
I can't wait to see the ratings, after all the Lion-o fans ditch the show.
Then the WB bosses will say to Jelenic "I told you so!, but you insisted"
Let all Lion-O fans unite, for WB to bring some justice and truth to Lion-O's story!

Old 02-20-2012, 06:25 PM   #6921
L08e16o
Quote:

I don't know who he like, but I think if he didn't like him, lion-o wouldn't be the focus of the show. He is adding layers and drama.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:27 PM   #6922
L08e16o
Quote:
Which is why, I need to go back for a time to ships that actually work, and will end good (well in the famous Definitive DC Comic Animated Universe cartoons, as fans called it the DCAU), BM/WW and SM/LL.

I don't like how they did some things, but this is how drama is. I'm just using a example. Have you seen once upon a time? You know charming and snow will be together, but they are making it tough for them to have drama in the show.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:28 PM   #6923
L08e16o
Quote:
I can't wait to see the ratings, after all the Lion-o fans ditch the show.
It will be interesting how lion-o fans take lion-o being dead and tygra being LoTC.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:30 PM   #6924
cmangund
Quote:
They wanted a triangle. They built up the L/C and then brought in tygra with the past. Now we have T/C running with lion-o's death.

If the AP didn't happen, would cheetara went to tygra and when would she have done it?
In logical sense, she wouldn't. Heck the entire choosing thing is just not necessary, they can actually have a triangle without her having to actually choose, just make it gray. They have too much a bigger problem, obviously. It's not the the right time for a proper romance technically speaking, flirtations are fine but the real romance can wait until the kingdom is rebuilt, they should just make it like that and avoid all this mess.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:32 PM   #6925
cmangund
Quote:
I don't like how they did some things, but this is how drama is. I'm just using a example. Have you seen once upon a time? You know charming and snow will be together, but they are making it tough for them to have drama in the show.
Yeah drama can be trolling and pathetic, especially this is supposed to be a kids cartoon. No I haven't seen once upon a time.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:33 PM   #6926
stormbringer
Quote:
It will be interesting how lion-o fans take lion-o being dead and tygra being LoTC.
I'm thinking not very well, Lion-o is getting treated like "the loveable loser" in this show.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:39 PM   #6927
L08e16o
Quote:
In logical sense, she wouldn't. Heck the entire choosing thing is just not necessary, they can actually have a triangle without her having to actually choose, just make it gray. They have too much a bigger problem, obviously. It's not the the right time for a proper romance technically speaking, flirtations are fine but the real romance can wait until the kingdom is rebuilt, they should just make it like that and avoid all this mess.

Remember this is what the WB boss wanted. MJ is trying to make the TC different in from the past.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:42 PM   #6928
cmangund
Quote:
I'm thinking not very well, Lion-o is getting treated like "the loveable loser" in this show.
And to Jelenic and crew, all of hardcore Lion-O fans will be sooooo happy and it's fan to watch.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:42 PM   #6929
L08e16o
Quote:
Yeah drama can be trolling and pathetic, especially this is supposed to be a kids cartoon. No I haven't seen once upon a time.

Once Upon a time is really good.

I had to watch This is war, that is another triangle.

I hope they are not trolling, that is insulting to the fans. Like I said with Naruto, that is a original series. It is not like TC where you have established ships.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:45 PM   #6930
L08e16o
Quote:
Yeah, he is second best. He lost everything.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:46 PM   #6931
stormbringer
Quote:
Yeah the triangle can't be for the kids, it is confusing.

I hope they are not trolling, that is insulting to the fans. Like I said with Naruto, that is a original series. It is not like TC where you have established ships.
The problem with this triangle is its not written well. T/C came out of nowhere, and viewers didn't buy it.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:47 PM   #6932
cmangund
Quote:
I think they wanted that. We all thought she was going to chose lion-o, that was a big time surprise. When I saw the flashback, I kind of knew where 13 was going to end, but I was in denial.

Remember this is what the WB boss wanted. MJ is trying to make the TC different in from the past.
Yeah, I have that suspicion too with the flashbacks in 13.

WB boss wanted the triangle, but maybe what they wanted was not like this perse, more like what I said earlier. This is Jelenic's idea the flower thing for T/C and Cheetara's sudden 180 character change and destruction. I don't think WB boss aggreed with that much character destruction of Cheetara, MJ just managed to squeeze that idea until the WB boss's okayed it.

Last edited by cmangund; 02-20-2012 at 06:52 PM..
Old 02-20-2012, 06:47 PM   #6933
Balgus82
Quote:
No it wouldn't. His whole attitude was affected by T/C. It is what it is.

Who said he was blameless. We have said, lion-o wouldn't take it well. Men don't take that well. Friendships have ended over a women or wars have been fought over women.

Lion-o wouldn't have stormed off and got into a fight in E14 and he wouldn't have been rash in 15. It all lead to his death.
1. I'm not talking about episode 14. He didn't die in episode 14. In episode 14 when he ran off Cheetara and Tygra ran after him to help him and after Panthro got back they beat the bad guys and everything was fine.

2. If Cheetara hadn't chosen Tygra they still would've been going in the same direction. They'd still be going after the stones. The only thing different is that Lion-O might have been more accepting to their suggestion of stopping for rest. They still would've gotten ambushed. Who Cheetara chose had nothing to do with The Mutant's plan.

Last edited by Balgus82; 02-20-2012 at 06:51 PM..
Old 02-20-2012, 06:49 PM   #6934
Balgus82
Quote:
I don't know, they said they were going to make it tough for him.

I don't know who he like, but I think if he didn't like him, lion-o wouldn't be the focus of the show. He is adding layers and drama.
Exactly. If they didn't like Lion-O he wouldn't be the focus of the show so much that throughout the first 13 episodes most of the other characters were in the background.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:49 PM   #6935
stormbringer
Quote:
Yeah, he is second best. He lost everything.
Considering the poor treatment that Lion-o has received, I wonder why he would want to come back to life.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:51 PM   #6936
L08e16o
Quote:
The problem with this triangle is its not written well. T/C came out of nowhere, and viewers didn't buy it.
I think everyone will agree with this. To me, as much as I hate it, that is good for us.

They did the rush job to just have a triangle.

Look how late we saw the flower and look how it went down. I like romances that are develop.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:51 PM   #6937
cmangund
Quote:
Yeah the triangle can't be for the kids, it is confusing.

I see.

So your going to do two wars. Just like the bat multitasking, focusing on WW while helping L/C

Yeah L/C is like SM/LL too much weight already.

Last edited by cmangund; 02-20-2012 at 06:54 PM..
Old 02-20-2012, 06:52 PM   #6938
L08e16o
Quote:
Exactly. If they didn't like Lion-O he wouldn't be the focus of the show so much that throughout the first 13 episodes most of the other characters were in the background.
Agree.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:53 PM   #6939
cmangund
Quote:
Considering the poor treatment that Lion-o has received, I wonder why he would want to come back to life.
There's no reason for Lion-O technically speaking. Tygra already has it all.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:54 PM   #6940
L08e16o
Quote:
1. I'm not talking about episode 14. He didn't die in episode 14. In episode 14 when he ran off Cheetara and Tygra ran after him to help him and after Panthro got back they beat the bad guys and everything was fine.

2. If Cheetara hadn't chosen Tygra they still would've been going in the same direction. They'd still be going after the stones. The only thing different is that Lion-O might have been more accepting to their suggestion of stopping for rest. They still would've gotten ambushed. Who Cheetara chose had nothing to do with The Mutant's plan.
Lion-o wouldn't have pushed on. Look at his pic, he is PO. He is acting rash. They might have been ambused, but I don't think lion-o would've have been dead.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:57 PM   #6941
L08e16o
Quote:
I see.

So your going to do two wars. Just like the bat multitasking, focusing on WW while helping L/C

Yeah L/C is like SM/LL too much weight already.

It is a triangle and the men are CIA agents.

I might have to watch the Vow too. Her friend was going to go with her, but her friends brother just got back from Afghanistan.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:58 PM   #6942
L08e16o
Quote:
There's no reason for Lion-O technically speaking. Tygra already has it all.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:58 PM   #6943
cmangund
Quote:
Yeah, good writers can write it in a way that we are not hating it this much, that we can still watch the show and not dropping it like this. Even with L/C is the end game, good writers can make us feel some sympathy towards T/C too, not like this, like what we L/C fans are feeling right now.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:59 PM   #6944
L08e16o
Quote:
I think SC gave him some motivation.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:01 PM   #6945
Balgus82
The thing they're doing with Lion-O is that they're running him through a gauntlet so that he comes out better in the end. Remember the monologue at the beginning of the series? "For it was written that he would be born of fire."

It isn't that they think it's "fun" to torture Lion-O. It's that if everything was handed to him the show would get kinda boring and he'd be a Mary Sue. Tygra always said he should've earned his position as king. Well He's earning it now. He's being torn down to be reborn better than he was before.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:01 PM   #6946
L08e16o
Quote:
Yeah, good writers can write it in a way that we are not hating it this much, that we can still watch the show and not dropping it like this. Even with L/C is the end game, good writers can make us feel some sympathy towards T/C too, not like this, like what we L/C fans are feeling right now.

Well writers did do a good job to make us feel this way, the same way as lion-o.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:03 PM   #6947
L08e16o
Quote:
The thing they're doing with Lion-O is that they're running him through a gauntlet so that he comes out better in the end. Remember the monologue at the beginning of the series? "For it was written that he would be born of fire."

It isn't that they think it's "fun" to torture Lion-O. It's that if everything was handed to him the show would get kinda boring and he'd be a Mary Sue. Tygra always said he should've earned his position as king. Well He's earning it now. He's being torn down to be reborn better than he was before.
I can agree, but the guy lost everything.

When I went to boot camp, they do the same thing. They tear you down and build you back up, but not over and over again.

It will get boring if this is the samething all the time. Other characters need to learn some lessons too.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:04 PM   #6948
cmangund
Quote:
Agreed. If we didn't get all that L/C and we had the flashback earlier, then it would be different.

Well writers did do a good job to make us feel this way, the same way as lion-o.
yeah by destroying Cheetara's character in the process, not proper writing.

They forgot one thing, this is a series not a one-time silver screen deal, they have to make the most number of viewers return to watch what will happen next, instead with 14 they will turn away even more L/C fans.

Old 02-20-2012, 07:07 PM   #6949
L08e16o
Quote:
yeah by destroying Cheetara's character in the process, not proper writing.

They forgot one thing, this is a series not a one-time silver screen deal, they have to make the most number of viewers return to watch what will happen next, instead with 14 they will turn away even more L/C fans.
Yes, I think they were unfair to cheetara. That is why I hope we find out more. If they don't explore who she is, then she is just a love interest.

MJ did say he wants to explore Lion-o, Tygra, and Cheetara. Maybe that is the order he is going.

We have had a lot of lion-o, some of tygra, and not that much of cheetara.

Agree. If they fail, I don't see a rebot in my life time.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:08 PM   #6950
cmangund
Quote:
I can agree, but the guy lost everything.

When I went to boot camp, they do the same thing. They tear you down and build you back up, but not over and over again.
What they did to Lion-O definetly not a "boot camp deal". Its rather throwing Lion-O into the very depths of Hell without any kind of safety line, to bring him back up.