TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats News and Rumors

Old 04-23-2012, 03:31 PM   #51
nitewing73
Thunderian Commoner
So did Pumyra join Lion-O and the Thundercats at the end of the episode? That's what I'm wondering or was it just a guest shot.
nitewing73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:27 PM   #52
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Jelenic said in an interview a while back that Pumyra has "several" episodes dedicated to her, so she'll be around for a little while.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:36 PM   #53
Eclipse
Witch Doctor
She can also appear in a number of episodes that are not dedicated to her as well. It's what Cheetara's been doing from day one after all...
Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:02 PM   #54
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCDustyV View Post
shipping choices aside, I am curious on how Cheetara will be dealing with this. She's pretty much burnt her bridge with Lion-O near completely, and unlike Tygra hasn't had a chance to start rebuilding it yet... like I said in another post 12 eps he ran to her to talk and for support, now it looks like he'll be getting Pumyra for that.

Cheetara's relationship with Lion-O has taken some MAJOR blows in the last few eps where she's had notable parts. should she see her being knocked from the 'go-to-gal'/alpha female of the group I expect may have some emotional knocks for Chee-Chee if not have a lil green eyed monster lurking in the Thunder-Tank.

also a thought what if all of the cats take a bit of a shine to Pumyra. Panthro can relate with the former gladiator from what I took from the spoilers, she's closer to the kitten's age so they may be drawn more to her than Cheetara, and also ... well I've voiced my theory on how Tygra is around females in other posts. would be fun to see a female rivalry kick off...

in other words...

CAT FIGHT!!!!
Um...other than being the oldest female, how has Cheetara had an Alpha presence on this show? She's been in the background since day one. Show me the receipts Helping Lion-O with his self-doubt has been about 90% of her character. Other than telling him to believe in himself, she doesn't do much...
Unless you mean fighting, but it's an action heavy show so...yea.

Eh, I'm not to big on the "cat fight " trope. It's a common one, but it's silly(IMO). Women are capable of getting along with each other. Just because we have a new set of tits in the group, it doesn't mean we have the old ones should feel like less. It reinforces that whole, women are petty and jealous stereotype. We just can't stand to see another woman come out on top.
Now, I would be happy to see her rebuild her relationship with Lion-O. It would be nice to see that he can still come to her with his doubts ( I just don't want her character to amount to Lion-O's emotional post). From what I can tell from the spoilers, Pumyra seems like she would come off a little too harsh. Considering the you can do it approach Cheetara took, he might not be as receptive to the tough love approach. If you ask me, Nu-Lion-O probably doesn't need as much hand holding.

Considering Cheetara doesn't do much, I don't see what Pumyra could possibly take from her.
I'm not even a Cheetara fan, but the writers are planning big things for Pumyra, yet Cheetara hasn't had a character arc yet? What are they waiting for?

Last edited by Chique; 04-23-2012 at 10:12 PM..
Chique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:35 PM   #55
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
Um...other than being the oldest female, how has Cheetara had an Alpha presence on this show? She's been in the background since day one. Show me the receipts Helping Lion-O with his self-doubt has been about 90% of her character. Other than telling him to believe in himself, she doesn't do much...

Eh, I'm not to big on the "cat fight " trope. It's a common one, but it's silly(IMO). Women are capable of getting along with each other. Just because we have a new set of tits in the group, it doesn't mean we have the old ones should feel like less. It reinforces that whole, women are petty and jealous stereotype. We just can't stand to see another woman come out on top.
Now, I would be happy to see her rebuild her relationship with Lion-O. It would be nice to see that he can still come to her with his doubts ( I just don't want her character to amount to Lion-O's emotional post). From what I can tell from the spoilers, Pumyra seems like she would come off a little too harsh. Considering the you can do it approach Cheetara took, he might not be as receptive to the tough love approach. If you ask me, Nu-Lion-O probably doesn't need as much hand holding.

Considering Cheetara doesn't do much, I don't see what Pumyra could possibly take from her.
I'm not even a Cheetara fan, but the writers are planning big things for Pumyra, yet Cheetara hasn't had a character arc yet? What are they waiting for?
That's one reason why I liked "Survival of the Fittest," It was nice to see her interact with someone else and play "big sister" to WilyKit.

You have a point about the "cat fight" (although I greatly enjoyed it in the old show), I don't think it's really necessary to have the two of them square off like that again on any issue.

Lion-O is probably the closest thing she has to a "best friend" and losing him to someone else is a legitimate concern, is it one she'll actually have? Who knows? But it would be nice to see her have some kind of conflict. As for why the producers and writers don't really use her much, she was very much a tool of the love triangle they set up and once that got resolved there just wasn't as much for her to do (not that she got a lot in the first place).

We know that the writers consider the first season "Lion-O's story" So other characters have to wait to get focus (Which they have been, but it's limited), but we also know that they've dedicated a few episodes to Pumyra, which probably means she's important to Lion-O (the assumption being that she's his love interest). The hope is once his story is finished they can branch out to the other characters and give them a chance to shine.
SirSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:52 PM   #56
nitewing73
Thunderian Commoner
I can't wait to watch this episode. Thanks for the info.
nitewing73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:25 PM   #57
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:

He specifically said she was the alpha-FEMALE, which she was. Now, being the alpha-female still puts her in, what, the number 3 position maybe? And it's a distant third. But there's no arguing that, distant third or no, she is definitely the alpha-female.

I kind of agree about the unfortunate implications of a possible cat fight, but at the same time it's not impossible to see Cheetara realizing how much her bridges have been burnt with Lion-o through the situation with Pumyra. They don't have to necessarily fight over it, they could just use it to have Cheetara think about what she wants out of a relationship with Lion-o. Though to be fair, we don't know. We haven't actually seen the new, more mature Lion-o interact with Cheetara. Maybe they are friends now.

And while Pumyra may be harsh, she has pretty good justification, so I don't think you're going to see the other cats getting mad at her attitude. There's a very real argument to be made that they SHOULD have saved their people first and dealt with Mumm-ra second.

Sadly, I think the love triangle WAS Cheetara's character arc. People keep looking for something else, and we may get something minor, but I will bet you anything that was her arc: weird Lion-o support, flower thing and all.
KaleRylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:32 PM   #58
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleRylan View Post
He specifically said she was the alpha-FEMALE, which she was. Now, being the alpha-female still puts her in, what, the number 3 position maybe? And it's a distant third. But there's no arguing that, distant third or no, she is definitely the alpha-female.

I kind of agree about the unfortunate implications of a possible cat fight, but at the same time it's not impossible to see Cheetara realizing how much her bridges have been burnt with Lion-o through the situation with Pumyra. They don't have to necessarily fight over it, they could just use it to have Cheetara think about what she wants out of a relationship with Lion-o. Though to be fair, we don't know. We haven't actually seen the new, more mature Lion-o interact with Cheetara. Maybe they are friends now.

And while Pumyra may be harsh, she has pretty good justification, so I don't think you're going to see the other cats getting mad at her attitude. There's a very real argument to be made that they SHOULD have saved their people first and dealt with Mumm-ra second.

Sadly, I think the love triangle WAS Cheetara's character arc. People keep looking for something else, and we may get something minor, but I will bet you anything that was her arc: weird Lion-o support, flower thing and all.
Technially yeah, she's the oldest female, and the premier female of this show. IMO, she hasn't been WRITTEN that way. I didn't think he was being so literal. IMO, she's been a background character. Not much Alpha about it

You following me? Eh, maybe I got a different impression from the the OP. It happens.
When I think Alpha, I think grand. Something outstanding, awe inspiring and bad a**! A title which I don't really see her fit for, thus it would look laughable, I mean strange to see her get uncomfortable about losing that within the group.

I certainly hope not. The triangle focused on Tygra and Lion-O. Cheetara has to be 3rd best in her own arc? What better understanding did we get from Cheetara? Other than her struggle to be a Cleric, I don't recall any insights to why she is the person she is today. I hope the writers wouldn't do us like that 0.o

Last edited by Chique; 04-24-2012 at 12:22 AM..
Old 04-24-2012, 12:37 AM   #59
vantheman77
Thunder Kitty
Lion-O has sure become a punching bag. First Tygra, now Pumy-Ra.

Her anger towards Lion-O stemming from what happened to the Thunderians is understandable and I wonder if the other surviving Thundercats will feel the same way since only Tygra, Cheetara, and Jaga knows that Lion-O is the king while the rest don't.
vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:06 AM   #60
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Technially yeah, she's the oldest female, and the premier female of this show. IMO, she hasn't been WRITTEN that way. I didn't think he was being so literal. IMO, she's been a background character. Not much Alpha about it

You following me? Eh, maybe I got a different impression from the the OP. It happens.
When I think Alpha, I think grand. Something outstanding, awe inspiring and bad a**! A title which I don't really see her fit for, thus it would look laughable, I mean strange to see her get uncomfortable about losing that within the group.

I certainly hope not. The triangle focused on Tygra and Lion-O. Cheetara has to be 3rd best in her own arc? What better understanding did we get from Cheetara? Other than her struggle to be a Cleric, I don't recall any insights to why she is the person she is today. I hope the writers wouldn't do us like that 0.o
I think his point was completely literal, since he was saying how perhaps Pumyra threatens Cheetara's position as the alpha-female. How Cheetara relates to lion-o or Tygra is irrelevant to that concern, so the term is accurate for the example. But I'm not really trying to start a fight. I was just saying.

And this is something where I think we once again have to remember the disconnect between the cartoon we're watching and the 'reality' within the world. To the cartoon, she has not been that important (although who has other than Lion-o and Tygra? And Tygra has mostly only been important as Lion-o's foil). In the 'reality' of this world, Cheetara is the alpha-female of this group. She is one of the most experienced, possibly the best pound for pound fighter, and her advice is respected by all the others.

A story COULD be told of Pumyra threatening that position. It seems unlikely, and I personally hope they don't. But it's a valid possibility.

As to the triangle being her arc: I said sadly. I'm not glad about it, I'm just saying it's a hunch I have. The pasts of the characters have not been in-depth, except for arguably Lion-o and Tygra by extension. They've just been snapshots of defining moments. I could easily see the moment she became a cleric being her defining moment.

Also, given Cheetara's whole purpose so far has been the triangle, it wouldn't surprise me if they don't have plans for her beyond that.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:53 AM   #61
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
I think his point was completely literal, since he was saying how perhaps Pumyra threatens Cheetara's position as the alpha-female. How Cheetara relates to lion-o or Tygra is irrelevant to that concern, so the term is accurate for the example. But I'm not really trying to start a fight. I was just saying.

And this is something where I think we once again have to remember the disconnect between the cartoon we're watching and the 'reality' within the world. To the cartoon, she has not been that important (although who has other than Lion-o and Tygra? And Tygra has mostly only been important as Lion-o's foil). In the 'reality' of this world, Cheetara is the alpha-female of this group. She is one of the most experienced, possibly the best pound for pound fighter, and her advice is respected by all the others.

A story COULD be told of Pumyra threatening that position. It seems unlikely, and I personally hope they don't. But it's a valid possibility.

As to the triangle being her arc: I said sadly. I'm not glad about it, I'm just saying it's a hunch I have. The pasts of the characters have not been in-depth, except for arguably Lion-o and Tygra by extension. They've just been snapshots of defining moments. I could easily see the moment she became a cleric being her defining moment.

Also, given Cheetara's whole purpose so far has been the triangle, it wouldn't surprise me if they don't have plans for her beyond that.
So Pumyra is a threat to a position Cheetara has earned only through being the only adult female character? Not trying to be a smart ass, I just want to get a clear understanding of what you're saying.

I was only speaking of the position Cheetara has in the group, and whether or not I thought ALPHA FEMALE was justified past her being the only adult female. Sure she is the "ALPHA FEMALE", but I just don't see much alpha about her. It's default because well, she's clearly stronger and more experienced than Kit, who atm is the only other female in the group. I thought he meant Pumyra would overshadow a position Cheetara has earned through the eyes of the audience. Which, IMO, would take more than just knowing how to handler herself in a fight.

Considering I didn't think he was being so literal about the post, what I said is as of now, irrelevant. Cheetara is the Alpha Female because she is the oldest a most experienced female in the group. Not what I thought he meant, so I see where I messed up.

Maybe I'm missing it because I think it would be silly to fight over. You're mad because another woman has incorporated herself into the group, and is handling herself well???

The missing Lion-O thing sounds cool.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:10 AM   #62
L08e16o
If the love triangle is the only thing for cheetara, I think that is sexist.

Taking away that cheetara is a female, she replaced jaga. If pumyra threatens that, I think there would be problem. If lion-o doesn't need a cleric, then what is cheetara's purpose.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:36 AM   #63
Grippen
Thunder Kitty
Has anyone seen the new Pumyra how does she look?
Grippen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:17 PM   #64
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippen View Post
Has anyone seen the new Pumyra how does she look?
Airspeed said she looked like the OS.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:37 PM   #65
CreepySariFan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
Airspeed said she looked like the OS.
To me, that's kinda like saying modern Lynx-O looks the same as the OS. It would be true, but, not really.
CreepySariFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:14 PM   #66
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepySariFan View Post
To me, that's kinda like saying modern Lynx-O looks the same as the OS. It would be true, but, not really.
You're right, he is not really good with the details.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:39 PM   #67
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
If the love triangle is the only thing for cheetara, I think that is sexist.

Taking away that cheetara is a female, she replaced jaga. If pumyra threatens that, I think there would be problem. If lion-o doesn't need a cleric, then what is cheetara's purpose.
It is most certainly sexist. But at the same time, the fact that she is Lion-o's cleric does not guarantee her a plotline, that just happens to be her position in the dead nation's hierarchy.

Like I've said repeatedly, I'm not arguing this out of joy, it's just my theory. Basically every character got one flashback episode with a few flashbacks showing their defining moment. I would say Between Brothers covered that for Cheetara. I could easily be wrong, but it just seems to fit IMO.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:41 PM   #68
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
So Pumyra is a threat to a position Cheetara has earned only through being the only adult female character? Not trying to be a smart ass, I just want to get a clear understanding of what you're saying.

I was only speaking of the position Cheetara has in the group, and whether or not I thought ALPHA FEMALE was justified past her being the only adult female. Sure she is the "ALPHA FEMALE", but I just don't see much alpha about her. It's default because well, she's clearly stronger and more experienced than Kit, who atm is the only other female in the group. I thought he meant Pumyra would overshadow a position Cheetara has earned through the eyes of the audience. Which, IMO, would take more than just knowing how to handler herself in a fight.

Considering I didn't think he was being so literal about the post, what I said is as of now, irrelevant. Cheetara is the Alpha Female because she is the oldest a most experienced female in the group. Not what I thought he meant, so I see where I messed up.

Maybe I'm missing it because I think it would be silly to fight over. You're mad because another woman has incorporated herself into the group, and is handling herself well???

The missing Lion-O thing sounds cool.
I understand that you wouldn't like if they did this. I wasn't arguing in favor of the plot, I was just correcting your misinterpretation of what he said. And unfortunately, people DO often get mad if they feel that their role in a group is threatened, whether realistically or not.

This idea for a plot is not insane and unrealistic. A bad plot idea maybe, but quite plausible.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:54 PM   #69
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Apparently Irish people dont have camera's nor do they have the ability to screen cap.
Kregermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:56 PM   #70
L08e16o
Quote:
It is most certainly sexist. But at the same time, the fact that she is Lion-o's cleric does not guarantee her a plotline, that just happens to be her position in the dead nation's hierarchy.

Like I've said repeatedly, I'm not arguing this out of joy, it's just my theory. Basically every character got one flashback episode with a few flashbacks showing their defining moment. I would say Between Brothers covered that for Cheetara. I could easily be wrong, but it just seems to fit IMO.
I can't see that has cheetara's defining moment.

Tygra already has two flashback, so does panthro. The kittens got a really good flash back too.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:44 PM   #71
CCDustyV
Thunder Kitty
What I was refering to "Alpha Female" is she's the central female of the group.

imagine a possibility here, which is typical of a series with a single female character suddenly getting a second.

Lion O already doesn't go to her for the support that he used to. Say he starts leaning on Pumyra the way he used to lean on her for support?

She'd notice that and have a bit of irritation and jealousy start to grow. but she's got willpower, she'd force it down.

bit later, she goes to prepare dinner, oops, Pumyra's already got it done, and flashes her a friendly smile. nothing maliceful, but she's got Panthro saying it's the best food he's had in weeks.... unintentional insult toward a woman's cooking, worst mistake a male can ever make (I've made it believe me it leads to pain most of the time) but she wouldn't blame Panthro, she'd have her eyes focused on who she'd begin to view as "the intruder"

then bit later, at dark, she goes to check on Kit and Kat and to tuck them in, not confirmed but she seems like the motherly type toward the kids, could see her doing this often... hello, Pumyra already there, tucked um in and giving them a bed time story that put her tales to shame.

Cheetara: hssssss!

but, then she goes into the woods, and works on her staff katas, beating the crap out of an imaginary Pumyra.

next morning she wakes up and thinks she's ok now. she can deal with "the intruder".

turns a corner, sees Tygra leaning against a tree, smirking at Pumyra, and flirting.

and she snaps harder than her old staff in the big owl's beak.

heck, I may make that into a fanfiction.

outside that wild speculation and imagination of my part.

you ever put two female cats that don't know each other in close proximity? that NEVER ends well.
CCDustyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:06 PM   #72
CCDustyV
Thunder Kitty
Also, any confirmation on Pumyra's voice actress? if it's Cree (Panthera's voice actress) I'd be more inclined to actually believe she's a likely love intrest.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:07 PM   #73
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
I can't see that has cheetara's defining moment.

Tygra already has two flashback, so does panthro. The kittens got a really good flash back too.
How she received her life's calling isn't a defining moment? No offense but that's just silly. It is a defining moment. Even if they do give her some more episodes later that doesn't make how she became a cleric not a defining moment. Seriously.

Most of Tygra's flashbacks connect with Lion-o's, What two personal flashbacks did Panthro have? I thought we just had his past leading into how he joined the cats? As for the kittens, it was not that much longer than the flower thing with CHeetara, it was just more satisfying and singular. And remember, from the various reviews a lot of people DIDN'T like the kittens' flashback.

Last edited by KaleRylan; 04-24-2012 at 09:10 PM..
Old 04-24-2012, 09:18 PM   #74
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:

imagine a possibility here, which is typical of a series with a single female character suddenly getting a second.

Lion O already doesn't go to her for the support that he used to. Say he starts leaning on Pumyra the way he used to lean on her for support?

She'd notice that and have a bit of irritation and jealousy start to grow. but she's got willpower, she'd force it down.

bit later, she goes to prepare dinner, oops, Pumyra's already got it done, and flashes her a friendly smile. nothing maliceful, but she's got Panthro saying it's the best food he's had in weeks.... unintentional insult toward a woman's cooking, worst mistake a male can ever make (I've made it believe me it leads to pain most of the time) but she wouldn't blame Panthro, she'd have her eyes focused on who she'd begin to view as "the intruder"

then bit later, at dark, she goes to check on Kit and Kat and to tuck them in, not confirmed but she seems like the motherly type toward the kids, could see her doing this often... hello, Pumyra already there, tucked um in and giving them a bed time story that put her tales to shame.

but, then she goes into the woods, and works on her staff katas, beating the crap out of an imaginary Pumyra.

next morning she wakes up and thinks she's ok now. she can deal with "the intruder".

turns a corner, sees Tygra leaning against a tree, smirking at Pumyra, and flirting.

you ever put two female cats that don't know each other in close proximity? that NEVER ends well.
Thank you for clarifying. That was what I thought you meant as I told Chique.

That said, I REALLY hope you're wrong. The plot you're describing is incredibly 'stereotypical female' stuff. And if it weren't done VERY carefully could easily become incredibly sexist. Especially since most of the 'competition' you're describing suddenly comes from really traditional feminine things. Cooking, caring for children, taking her men, etc. All of that is stuff that Cheetara has never been shown to particularly care about before. To suddenly have her start a fight because her femininity is threatened would be out of place.

If they needed to build a conflict between the two, they'd be better served centering it on reliability. Cheetara's role in the group is as a bodyguard and a warrior. Those are the things that Pumyra would have to threaten in order for it not to be very strange and basically sexist.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:21 PM   #75
CCDustyV
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Thank you for clarifying. That was what I thought you meant as I told Chique.

That said, I REALLY hope you're wrong. The plot you're describing is incredibly 'stereotypical female' stuff. And if it weren't done VERY carefully could easily become incredibly sexist. Especially since most of the 'competition' you're describing suddenly comes from really traditional feminine things. Cooking, caring for children, taking her men, etc. All of that is stuff that Cheetara has never been shown to particularly care about before. To suddenly have her start a fight because her femininity is threatened would be out of place.

If they needed to build a conflict between the two, they'd be better served centering it on reliability. Cheetara's role in the group is as a bodyguard and a warrior. Those are the things that Pumyra would have to threaten in order for it not to be very strange and basically sexist.
most of my discription was intentionally over the top and meant for humor, but the idea of Pumyra being a challenge for Cheetara for her possition in the team is very seeable for me... and really after the last few eps, wouldn't be hard to beat Cheetara at the bodyguard role...

and I say again, never seen two new-comer female felines together and not had some hissing and spatting at each the very least. female cats are FAR more territorial than males.

Last edited by CCDustyV; 04-24-2012 at 09:27 PM..
Old 04-24-2012, 10:24 PM   #76
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:

I don't know why, but for some reason I'm hoping Pumyra is more of a singer than a storyteller. The music in the show is so fantastic I'm hoping they put some vocals to it.

Also do the cats do much cooking? It seems like they eat a lot of fruit and eat it raw. Panthro mentions wanting meat but we rarely actually see them eating any. Knowing the Berbils a kitchen is something they probably put into the new Thundertank but it's possible none of the cats know how to use a modern oven and stove. It could be funny if Pumyra ends up cooking for everyone, who are completely amazed and ask her how she figured it out only for her to comment "I read the manual."

As for the possibility of a catfight, while it's a great pun it's a cliche. I think it would be far more novel to set one up and at the moment it looks like things break Cheetara commands "You. Me. Outside." When they cut back hours later the rest of the cats are mortified at the outcome only for the two to come back laughing and chatting explaining that the "reached an understanding" only for one of the male cats comment that this might actually be worse.

Last edited by SirSapphire; 04-24-2012 at 10:30 PM..
Old 04-24-2012, 11:21 PM   #77
Lunchie
Thunder Kitty
I am actually looking forward to this episode, but mostly due to curiosity.

I once again re-iterate, I REALLY don't like Pumyra being introduced as just a "love interest to replace Cheetara", especially due to the fact that Lion-O and Cheetara really haven't fixed their relationship since episode 14. (We can assume they may be on the road to recovery, but nothing has been shown)

I do hope Pumyra is an interesting and fun character, however I still can't shake the fact that she's a secondary character in the OS. It doesn't sit right with me, especially because we've only gotten a glimpse of Lynx-O and no Bengali as of yet. YES, i see the need for another female character, YES this is a reboot and can do whatever it wants. I admit this is just my personal bias.

I'm just worried they will focus on all these elements that fans WANT to see and that will detract from the main story, which unfortunately seems to be stagnating. I really hope in the next few eps, they will "Up the ante". Don't know how they will or should do it, but JUST DO IT.

(BTW I have been comparing this show a lot with new episodes of Legend of Korra, which is AWESOME!)
Lunchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:29 PM   #78
Lunchie
Thunder Kitty
This just a brain vomit suggestion on how to "Up the Ante".....Tygra getting possessed/turned by the Ancient Spirits of Evil.
Ignoring the fact that my dislike for Tygra is CLEARLY SHADOWING MY JUDGEMENT....I still think it would add a "Oh $#$%" Moment to the show and the resolution would be pretty epic. Plus I think it would be awesome for a battle if they had Lion-O with the armor of omens Fighting against Tygra with the Armor of Plun-Dar. I know it would ruin all the Lion-O Tygra brotherly bonding they've started with Native son....just saying it would be pretty epic.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:31 PM   #79
Lunchie
Thunder Kitty
Oh yeah, for "The Pit" I'm looking for a "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!" moment from one of the Thundercats. Anyone else?
Old 04-25-2012, 08:11 AM   #80
L08e16o
Quote:

The person I am with, she says the females (same age) fight each other in the office. They fight to be the A female.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:13 AM   #81
L08e16o
Quote:
How she received her life's calling isn't a defining moment? No offense but that's just silly. It is a defining moment. Even if they do give her some more episodes later that doesn't make how she became a cleric not a defining moment. Seriously.

Most of Tygra's flashbacks connect with Lion-o's, What two personal flashbacks did Panthro have? I thought we just had his past leading into how he joined the cats? As for the kittens, it was not that much longer than the flower thing with CHeetara, it was just more satisfying and singular. And remember, from the various reviews a lot of people DIDN'T like the kittens' flashback.
How did she receive it. We didn't see that. She just said it was her dream. That is not a callling.

We saw the one with Grune and the one with his dog friend.

I think it was recieved better than the flower.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:07 PM   #82
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Just saw what Pumyra looks like, and some screenshots from this ThunderCats “The Pit” Images & Description

Don't like Pumyra's new look. Looks worse than the OS to me.
hollowdheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:09 PM   #83
CreepySariFan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowdheart View Post
Just saw what Pumyra looks like, and some screenshots from this ThunderCats “The Pit” Images & Description

I'm so totally okay with that :O
Old 04-25-2012, 03:27 PM   #84
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepySariFan View Post
I'm so totally okay with that :O
She's preeeeeeeetty...
Also first Cat with no shoes (or whatever) at all I've seen, awesome.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:44 PM   #85
CreepySariFan
Thunder Kitty
ThunderCats "The Pit" Sneak Peek Videos and Images!

Ep previews, aww right.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:50 PM   #86
KurtulanSama
Thunder Kitty
I was expecting Pumyra to be more "stunning". but her hair style will take some time to get used to... Ok, I got used to it... Still she is really good imho.

but really her hair reminds me of Tygra... and Willykat(that was the boys name right?)
KurtulanSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:59 PM   #87
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
She's a bit leaner and not as busty as Cheetara, hard to tell how tall she is though, probably at least as tall as Lion-O. Her necklace looks like it might be important, maybe some kind of keepsake.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:52 PM   #88
fuukonomiko
Harbinger of Tiger Doom
I would describe her look as more..."feral" than it used to be. At least her hair doesn't look like a skunk like it did in the OS. She looks more warrior than medic here.
fuukonomiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:58 PM   #89
Eclipse
Witch Doctor
I liked how her facial expression went from serene to absolutely angry when she saw Lion-O through the bars of her cell.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:00 PM   #90
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuukonomiko View Post
I would describe her look as more..."feral" than it used to be. At least her hair doesn't look like a skunk like it did in the OS. She looks more warrior than medic here.
In the art she still has her little bag on her hip, so she may have her medic skills intact. The cats could use a medic on the team, I don't know if Clerics are taught healing skills it seems they're mostly combat-oriented.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:08 PM   #91
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowdheart View Post

That is how I feel. I think she is ugly.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:11 PM   #92
fuukonomiko
Harbinger of Tiger Doom
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

I think both Pumyra and Cheetara are beautiful in different ways.

I'm still rooting for Queen Willa and Lion-O, LMAO

I hope they don't make Pumyra a tempremental b-word.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:15 PM   #93
L08e16o
Quote:
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

I think both Pumyra and Cheetara are beautiful in different ways.

I'm still rooting for Queen Willa and Lion-O, LMAO

I hope they don't make Pumyra a tempremental b-word.
Panthera, Cheetara, and lion-o's mom looked good.

Pumyra, not even close. I wouldn't be surprise if she did have a 3rd year school unifrom for jr. high.

You know she will be so nice in 20.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:15 PM   #94
Balgus82
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSapphire View Post
In the art she still has her little bag on her hip, so she may have her medic skills intact. The cats could use a medic on the team, I don't know if Clerics are taught healing skills it seems they're mostly combat-oriented.
Can't really say a bag means that. Addicus and Kaynar also had bags on their hips.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:34 PM   #95
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
Can't really say a bag means that. Addicus and Kaynar also had bags on their hips.
Ah, It's apparently where she keeps the ammo for her little wrist-bow according the art.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:43 PM   #96
Balgus82
yup. was just about to come back here and say that. lol
Old 04-25-2012, 06:22 PM   #97
fuukonomiko
Harbinger of Tiger Doom
Now that I look at her still screenshots, Pumyra kinda reminds me of a fox.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:50 PM   #98
Eclipse
Witch Doctor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
You're right. Even Cheetara has a little bag? pocket? on the back of her belt. I can't recall seeing her taking anything out of it.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:55 PM   #99
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
You're right. Even Cheetara has a little bag? pocket? on the back of her belt. I can't recall seeing her taking anything out of it.
Isn't that where she keeps her staff?

Quote:
Now that I look at her still screenshots, Pumyra kinda reminds me of a fox.
In every sense of the word. Rrowwr.

Last edited by SirSapphire; 04-25-2012 at 06:57 PM..
Old 04-25-2012, 07:10 PM   #100
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSapphire View Post
Isn't that where she keeps her staff?
I think she keeps her staff where she kept the "heart" of the flower.
hollowdheart is offline   Reply With Quote