TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats News and Rumors

Old 10-25-2011, 10:10 AM   #1
Joe Moore
Administrator
New Thundercats Trading Cards Coming In January
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:04 PM   #2
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
I haven't collected trading cards in quite some time, but I might get into these.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:56 AM   #3
Grune the Destroyer
Thunder Kitty
Yeah, these sound pretty good.
Grune the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:40 PM   #4
xhavoc86
Thunder Kitty
Hmm... I don't know if trading cards appeal to me anymore...

I use to love collecting cards along side collecting comics and action figures, and while I still collect comics and figures, don't know if I care for cards...
xhavoc86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 01:35 AM   #5
LXL Guy
Thunder Kitty
When I finally see some card artwork, I'll decide then and there if I want them. If it's a mix of new and old with original designs, then just maybe they might get me.
LXL Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 10:49 AM   #6
Mummra
Thunder Kitty
Kinda off topic but I've included some pictures of previous ThunderCats card sets from the 80's.

First group - Complete Collection of Prismatic Dazzlers from Seal-it Vending Corporation:

Don't see too many sticker machines around anymore. From what I understand the set above was pulled before the machine was filled.

Second group- Unreleased Topps Trading Card set. Double sided cards. 12 cards (24 characters). Here are a few examples:

Mummra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 03:05 PM   #7
80sFanboy
Unofficial Thundercat
After beating "Magic: The Addiction", you guys are going to pull me back in???

Let me get my checkbok
80sFanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 03:25 PM   #8
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
I'd rather spend my money on figures... unless it's a trading card game... and some of my friends really got into it... in that case, bring it on!
englishw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:43 PM   #9
Dedboy
Thunder Kitty
Trading cards are a bad addiction to get into...the smell of a newly opened pack of cards is so alluring! I won't get these, but if they made those stickers again, that were shown above, I'd be all about those!!! :]
Dedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:29 PM   #10
Purrsia
Thunder Kitty
I like the idea of trading cards - I'd buy them!
Purrsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 02:03 PM   #11
Mummra
Thunder Kitty

Quote:
Name: Trading Card Box
Manufacturer: Bandai
Series: Thundercats
Release Date: Jan 2011
For ages: 4 and up
Details (Description): Meet the all new ThunderCats!

One of the most iconic animated series of the 1980s and a continuing pop culture force, ThunderCats is an epic tale of a young hero's journey to fulfill his ultimate destiny. The new ThunderCats series follows Lion-O, the young heir to the throne, who embarks on a great quest to take his rightful place as king. The kingdom of Thundera is threatened by the evil sorcerer Mumm-Ra, and Lion-O, the unlikely champion, must work with his faithful comrades Tygra, Cheetara, Panthro, WilyKat, WilyKit and his loyal pet, Snarf, on his journey to save their world from darkness.

Bandai is pleased to introduce an all new 72 card set from the hit Cartoon Network show.

This set includes:
. 60 thundering trading cards
. 12 special rare foil cards (1 per pack)
. 24 packs per box.

8 cards per pack - 1 Holographic Foil card per pack
Mummra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:28 PM   #12
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mummra View Post
Not bad, but not anything really special. Should be interesting to see what the other side looks like (I'm assuming it'll have their stats/bio). I'll probably get a couple of packs, maybe five at the most. Then trade on here to try and get the entire set
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:32 AM   #13
shimey013
Thunder Kitty
I saw these at target today...almost bit but didnt seem like anything really special. No sketch cards or anything like that..i was hoping for something cool... oh well.. for $2.99...i dunno...
shimey013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 02:35 PM   #14
Johnny 5
Thunder Kitty
I always check the main page, but am not big into message boards, but I do l lurk and wanted to contribute back since opportunity knocked.

I was in Target yesterday and saw a card shoot that didn't have too many packs left, but grabbed a bunch just for fun and to see what they were like. I couldn't find too much information on the product and didn't even know they had been released.

If anyone else was curious, I filmed the pack break. Bandai Thundercats Trading Cards 2011/2012 Pile of Packs Break - YouTube

I went through the cards pretty fast, but at least you can get a brief overview. I'm surprised that there hasn't been more information on the set. The foil cards are the first 12 cards in the set and are one per pack. There are some art cards and nice puzzle cards, but the majority of the set are screen shots from the first few episodes. I think the set isn't bad, but could have/should have been better. Hopefully Bandai produces additional sets since there is a lot more to cover. I wish the cards featured original artwork and had more text, but fun trading cards are still fun trading cards.
Johnny 5 is offline   Reply With Quote