TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

Old 04-10-2013, 01:25 PM   #1
test
You don't stand a chance
Ok it may be just me but I've noticed that the classic thundercats that bandai produced are rapidly outselling the 2011 cats on ebay...
They hit an all time low for a whole when there was an abundance , but recently they seem to be picking up in sales .... (Yes I spend half my life scowering ebay lol)
Call me weird or god forbid a dreaded future scalper but I stocked up on these when they were all on sale and now have 4 pairs of 8 inch liono and tygra moc with 2 of each box variant.... And also two pairs of the 6 inch liono and mumm ra ... Together with my favourite the stgcc red liono ... (Love this figure even though its a repaint in a different box lol ) oh and of course I have the sdcc liono but I'm really not as keen on that one , but its worth having.

I just have a gut feeling that these bandai classics are gonna be fairly highly sought after in years to come when the stock eventually dryes up .... I know they are far from perfect , but I think they are still darn nice little figures in their own way and I will still be happy regardless of whether they ever become desirable (after all who wouldn't want a liono and tygra army in their display cabinets lol) ...... I made a tough call and have been selling my 2011 cats as I realised that the whole reason I love thundercats is for the classic characters , hence why from now on I will only be collecting ljn's , mezcos and anymore bandai classics if they decide to do any more as a gesture to us loyalists lol ... Plus I've developed a rather expensive addiction to transformers mps ...

Anyways we can never predict the future I guess , but if there ever is a bandai classics shortage ... You all know I will be the man to see lol
test is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:47 PM   #2
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
Thats an interesting theory and although I only have one each of the classic line I would be happy to see nice demand for them in the future.
adssse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:16 PM   #3
pallas
Thunder Kitty
I saw a bunch of these guys for 5.99 at a store called Fallas before Christmas, I got one of each and thought if they lasted beyond the christmas bills I'd get a couple more. I was happy to see them gone from most of the stores so it looks like they were able to sell through their stock pretty quickly. I still see the same Avatar the last airbender and Jonah Hex figs still on the pegs and that makes me laugh every time I see them.
pallas is offline   Reply With Quote