TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2012, 09:39 AM   #601
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Third Earth
Posts: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
...she chose to surrender in the middle if a fight, because a couple of bloodthirsty killers, one of which she dealt with before (Slithe), promised her they would spare her boyfriend. It was a bad idea, as further evidenced by the fact that moments after her surrender, Lion-o who she is supposed to protect was knocked unconscious and would have been killed id not for Panthro's arrival.
She chose to surrender because there was no better option at that time. There's no way she and Lion-O would have been able to handle the three generals on their own, so letting Tygra be offed would have only hurt their situation. Any chance that they could have been taken prisoner, even a very slim chance, was a better option than knowingly letting a teammate be murdered. Did her emotions play a part in that? Yeah, they did, but in the end all three of them survived. Would you really prefer them to have offed Tygra in the episode? Most especially because of Lion-O's stupidity? (aka going into the battle without the initial support of his team).

Quote:
Originally Posted by stac View Post
Unlike you, some of us don’t feel the need to twist facts to fit our own version of reality.
I'm not twisting facts, and I find it insulting that you claim that I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stac View Post
Many of us here have repeatedly mentioned that the reason we do not put Cheetara (or the T/C relationship) on a pedestal was not because she chose Tygra but because of the manner in which the love triangle was written.
I haven't put it on a pedestal, and I haven't seen anybody else do so. As for the love triangle, I think it's been handled quite well so far, and as far as I'm concerned, it ended with episode thirteen. From that point on it's been Tygra and Cheetara trying to have a relationship during a war, and Lion-O's jealousy getting in the way of his leadership.

Also, what you see as "many", is really a small percentage of people on here. The reason those on your side of this argument appear to be "many", is cause several of you don't multiquote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stac View Post
Cheetara’s characterisation was very badly handled in my opinion. You can go on assuming that Lion-O somehow “misread her signals” or maybe a sudden, out of the blue flashback without any build-up may be enough to convince you of the legitimacy of the T/C pairing. But that’s simply not good enough for me.
Lion-O did misread her signals, as did several "fans". While the flashback was out of the blue, that didn't make it less significant in any way, shape, or form.

Last edited by Ravenxl7; 03-30-2012 at 09:45 AM..
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:44 AM   #602
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
Lion-O did misread her signals, as did several "fans". While the flashback was out of the blue, that didn't make it less significant in any way, shape, or form.
That's right! She only held his hand, kissed him, and stood behind him, put her arms around him, and whispered in his ear. She clearly sent "just friends" vibes.

Look, I'm not saying Lion-O didn't make mistakes with his assumptions rather than actually talking to her, but mistakes were made of both sides. There are ways to be supportive that don't involve pressing your boobs against someone.

Last edited by SirSapphire; 03-30-2012 at 09:47 AM..
SirSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:35 AM   #603
Mako Crab
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSapphire View Post
That's right! She only held his hand, kissed him, and stood behind him, put her arms around him, and whispered in his ear. She clearly sent "just friends" vibes.
I knew I said I was done with this thread (or at least stormbringer), but . . . (goddammit)

Notice how that's all Cheetara putting herself out there? What did Lion-O ever do? Nothing. In real life, you're not going to keep putting yourself out there and making the first move and flirting with someone that never returns the affection. You end up feeling put-off. And eventually you realize that the person you're flirting with isn't really serious. And eventually you move on and find someone else.

You're all very good at analyzing Cheetara's actions, but tell me where in the first 13 episodes Lion-O ever flirted with Cheetara or gave her a kiss or a wink or held her hand a little too long.
I'll admit that the flashback and Tygra's confession in episode 13 really did come out of the blue (though even Lion-O noticed that Tygra was flirting with Cheetara way back in the first episode- and even Panthro noticed Tygra drooling once). But AT LEAST Tygra did say something finally. What's really out of the blue is how hurt Lion-O feels, because he never did anything to show that he had an interest in Cheetara. I'm sure he enjoyed being the object of her flirtations, and was upset when he realized that was coming to an end, but other than that- nothing.

So again- where in the first 13 episodes did Lion-O ever flirt with Cheetara?
Mako Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:44 AM   #604
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako Crab View Post
I knew I said I was done with this thread (or at least stormbringer), but . . . (goddammit)

Notice how that's all Cheetara putting herself out there? What did Lion-O ever do? Nothing. In real life, you're not going to keep putting yourself out there and making the first move and flirting with someone that never returns the affection. You end up feeling put-off. And eventually you realize that the person you're flirting with isn't really serious. And eventually you move on and find someone else.

You're all very good at analyzing Cheetara's actions, but tell me where in the first 13 episodes Lion-O ever flirted with Cheetara or gave her a kiss or a wink or held her hand a little too long.
I'll admit that the flashback and Tygra's confession in episode 13 really did come out of the blue (though even Lion-O noticed that Tygra was flirting with Cheetara way back in the first episode- and even Panthro noticed Tygra drooling once). But AT LEAST Tygra did say something finally. What's really out of the blue is how hurt Lion-O feels, because he never did anything to show that he had an interest in Cheetara. I'm sure he enjoyed being the object of her flirtations, and was upset when he realized that was coming to an end, but other than that- nothing.

So again- where in the first 13 episodes did Lion-O ever flirt with Cheetara?
So you're saying that Cheetarah isn't at fault for sending mixed signals because Lion-O never made a move? That's not how it works. I've said multiple times that Lion-O is guilty too because he never made a move, but that doesn't change any of what Cheetarah did. I've also said that Lion-O shouldn't have told Tygra and Cheetarah he was okay with things if he wasn't, but he was at least trying to be the bigger man in his relationship with Tygra (less so with Cheetarah though). I've also theorized that Lion-O's true interest was in the competition with "winning" her as an extension of his competition with Tygra and it's something he'll admit to after coming out of the Trials (I even compared it to a story arc Will Friedle's character had when he was on "Boy Meets World").
All I've said is that a simple "Sorry I hurt your feelings" from Cheetarah would
go a long way with Lion-O, but if Lion-O liked it he should have put a ring on it.

Last edited by SirSapphire; 03-30-2012 at 10:57 AM..
SirSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:26 AM   #605
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,267
btw where are the previews for tomorrow's episode? o.O
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:30 PM   #606
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Third Earth
Posts: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
btw where are the previews for tomorrow's episode? o.O
No idea. I was hoping we'd have one by now, but oh well. There's really no chance of the episode not airing tomorrow.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:25 PM   #607
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSapphire View Post
So you're saying that Cheetarah isn't at fault for sending mixed signals because Lion-O never made a move? That's not how it works. I've said multiple times that Lion-O is guilty too because he never made a move, but that doesn't change any of what Cheetarah did. I've also said that Lion-O shouldn't have told Tygra and Cheetarah he was okay with things if he wasn't, but he was at least trying to be the bigger man in his relationship with Tygra (less so with Cheetarah though). I've also theorized that Lion-O's true interest was in the competition with "winning" her as an extension of his competition with Tygra and it's something he'll admit to after coming out of the Trials (I even compared it to a story arc Will Friedle's character had when he was on "Boy Meets World").
All I've said is that a simple "Sorry I hurt your feelings" from Cheetarah would
go a long way with Lion-O, but if Lion-O liked it he should have put a ring on it.

Put a ring on it.

Lion-o felt betrayed by cheetara not tygra. That is why he didn't say anything.

I think they both like the competition.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:29 PM   #608
stormbringer
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
Put a ring on it.

Lion-o felt betrayed by cheetara not tygra. That is why he didn't say anything.

I think they both like the competition.
I was glad that Lion-o realized that it was Cheetara who "betrayed" him, and not Tygra.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:29 PM   #609
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako Crab View Post
I knew I said I was done with this thread (or at least stormbringer), but . . . (goddammit)

Notice how that's all Cheetara putting herself out there? What did Lion-O ever do? Nothing. In real life, you're not going to keep putting yourself out there and making the first move and flirting with someone that never returns the affection. You end up feeling put-off. And eventually you realize that the person you're flirting with isn't really serious. And eventually you move on and find someone else.

You're all very good at analyzing Cheetara's actions, but tell me where in the first 13 episodes Lion-O ever flirted with Cheetara or gave her a kiss or a wink or held her hand a little too long.
I'll admit that the flashback and Tygra's confession in episode 13 really did come out of the blue (though even Lion-O noticed that Tygra was flirting with Cheetara way back in the first episode- and even Panthro noticed Tygra drooling once). But AT LEAST Tygra did say something finally. What's really out of the blue is how hurt Lion-O feels, because he never did anything to show that he had an interest in Cheetara. I'm sure he enjoyed being the object of her flirtations, and was upset when he realized that was coming to an end, but other than that- nothing.

So again- where in the first 13 episodes did Lion-O ever flirt with Cheetara?
I agree lion-o didn't say anything, but he thought it was a done deal when she kissed him on the cheek before the AP. Remember what panthera did to him.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:29 PM   #610
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Planet of the Snarfs
Posts: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
The first time Prime died in the 80's movie, kids were pretty freaked out by it. There were even parents writing to Hasbro, to complain about it. It's amazing how things change, now Prime dies at least once every series.
The outrage might of been more because hot rod sucked and yes it was hot rod's fault
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:30 PM   #611
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
I was glad that Lion-o realized that it was Cheetara who "betrayed" him, and not Tygra.
She changed Annet's prediction.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:31 PM   #612
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
I'll never understand the rewrite of Cheetara's personality in the last couple of episodes.
They had to have the triangle.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:33 PM   #613
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSapphire View Post
I've been thinking about Cheetarah's actions in the fight in "New Alliances" and a thought occurred to me: Lion-O gambles with his brother's life, but knowing what we know about the characters it's probably because he has faith that Tygra could find his way out of the situation. Cheetarah refuses to fight with Tygra held hostage because she doesn't want to risk his life that way. As much as she cares about him she doesn't have the same faith in him that Lion-O does. She doesn't have the same faith in Tygra that she does Lion-O. I think if the situation was reversed she would have kept fighting (Tygra might not) because she believes Lion-O can do anything. In this context Tygra's smile could be taken as a wry smirk of disappointment that the woman he loves doesn't believe in him the same way she does his brother.
Good post.

I think tygra would've completed the mission.

It was bad that he got tied up with his own whip.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:33 PM   #614
stormbringer
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
The outrage might of been more because hot rod sucked and yes it was hot rod's fault
Yep, they probably should have made Ultra Magnus the confident leader.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:34 PM   #615
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
So I guess that would mean that Cheetara doesn't know Tygra as well as she thought. That could certainly become an issue down the line.
It is all about the triangle.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:34 PM   #616
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
The outrage might of been more because hot rod sucked and yes it was hot rod's fault
+20.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:35 PM   #617
stormbringer
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
They had to have the triangle.
Shame they couldn't write a good one.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:38 PM   #618
stormbringer
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
Good post.

I think tygra would've completed the mission.

It was bad that he got tied up with his own whip.
I think that Tygra, Panthro, and Claudus, would have all done the same thing in Lion-o's place.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:38 PM   #619
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamofEternia View Post
i knew the love triangle plot would eventually cause a drastic negative change in the characters involved. this is why i didn't really support the romance and i hope the writers stay away from romance for now and focus on the damn main story arc.
When I knew this was coming on, I didn't want romance. After the first 4 episodes I was hooked to L/C.

I think the triangle will go on.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:48 PM   #620
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Planet of the Snarfs
Posts: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSapphire View Post
I've been thinking about Cheetarah's actions in the fight in "New Alliances" and a thought occurred to me: Lion-O gambles with his brother's life, but knowing what we know about the characters it's probably because he has faith that Tygra could find his way out of the situation. Cheetarah refuses to fight with Tygra held hostage because she doesn't want to risk his life that way. As much as she cares about him she doesn't have the same faith in him that Lion-O does. She doesn't have the same faith in Tygra that she does Lion-O. I think if the situation was reversed she would have kept fighting (Tygra might not) because she believes Lion-O can do anything. In this context Tygra's smile could be taken as a wry smirk of disappointment that the woman he loves doesn't believe in him the same way she does his brother.
The smirk was from an ego boost and he probably feels that cheetara thinks lion-o is so fragile that he needs constant reassurance from her in everything he does. We may get to see how things play out if things were reversed in the next ep. The reviews I read prior the new ep was a bit different from what I saw in ep 14 so far
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:51 PM   #621
stormbringer
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
The smirk was from an ego boost and he probably feels that cheetara thinks lion-o is so fragile that he needs constant reassurance from her in everything he does. We may get to see how things play out if things were reversed in the next ep. The reviews I read prior the new ep was a bit different from what I saw in ep 14 so far
Since it'll be up to Lion-o to save all of them when he returns, he'll be able to have the smirk next.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:53 PM   #622
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Planet of the Snarfs
Posts: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSapphire View Post
So you're saying that Cheetarah isn't at fault for sending mixed signals because Lion-O never made a move? That's not how it works. I've said multiple times that Lion-O is guilty too because he never made a move, but that doesn't change any of what Cheetarah did. I've also said that Lion-O shouldn't have told Tygra and Cheetarah he was okay with things if he wasn't, but he was at least trying to be the bigger man in his relationship with Tygra (less so with Cheetarah though). I've also theorized that Lion-O's true interest was in the competition with "winning" her as an extension of his competition with Tygra and it's something he'll admit to after coming out of the Trials (I even compared it to a story arc Will Friedle's character had when he was on "Boy Meets World").
All I've said is that a simple "Sorry I hurt your feelings" from Cheetarah would
go a long way with Lion-O, but if Lion-O liked it he should have put a ring on it.
I don"t see any evidence in what we've seen in cheetars's character so far that she would've rejected lion-o if he made a move and if you think its a mess now imagine how bad it would be if that went down
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:57 PM   #623
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
I don"t see any evidence in what we've seen in cheetars's character so far that she would've rejected lion-o if he made a move and if you think its a mess now imagine how bad it would be if that went down
This is how I feel and I still believe lion-o still has strong feelings for her. He thought she choose him when she kissed him like pathera did. That is not going to change over night.

If a women did all that stuff to me, I would've have more than a crush for her.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:58 PM   #624
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
Since it'll be up to Lion-o to save all of them when he returns, he'll be able to have the smirk next.
He looks really PO in that promo.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:58 PM   #625
stormbringer
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
I agree lion-o didn't say anything, but he thought it was a done deal when she kissed him on the cheek before the AP. Remember what panthera did to him.
Even Tygra thought Cheetara chose Lion-o.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:59 PM   #626
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
The smirk was from an ego boost and he probably feels that cheetara thinks lion-o is so fragile that he needs constant reassurance from her in everything he does. We may get to see how things play out if things were reversed in the next ep. The reviews I read prior the new ep was a bit different from what I saw in ep 14 so far
You think they surrendered on lion-o and he died?
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:59 PM   #627
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
Even Tygra thought Cheetara chose Lion-o.
So did the kids.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:01 PM   #628
stormbringer
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
This is how I feel and I still believe lion-o still has strong feelings for her. He thought she choose him when she kissed him like pathera did. That is not going to change over night.

If a women did all that stuff to me, I would've have more than a crush for her.
Cheetara knows she led the poor guy on. She could barely face him when he brought up how he "misread" her signals.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:03 PM   #629
stormbringer
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
He looks really PO in that promo.
So I wonder if Lion-o will have finally become the bad ass king we've been waiting for?
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:04 PM   #630
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Planet of the Snarfs
Posts: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
So did the kids.
Old snarf knew better though
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:04 PM   #631
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
Cheetara knows she led the poor guy on. She could barely face him when he brought up how he "misread" her signals.
All she said was I thought you were ok with tygra and me.

Even with the triangle stuff, the end was really bad.

You know when tygra and lion-o find the tiger tribe, I wonder if they get everything out in the open.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:05 PM   #632
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
Old snarf knew better though
He would've already hooked up.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:06 PM   #633
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
So I wonder if Lion-o will have finally become the bad ass king we've been waiting for?
I think he will. That is what this is all about.

I just want him to beat tygra.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:07 PM   #634
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Planet of the Snarfs
Posts: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
So I wonder if Lion-o will have finally become the bad ass king we've been waiting for?
After some training from panthro and pumyra he will be very tough to beat some tygra better stay in check or he'll be wearing a full body cast crying "oh why did I mess with lion-o" with snarf laughing from some corner
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:09 PM   #635
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Planet of the Snarfs
Posts: 689
I wonder if snarf will be able to drive the thunder tank now seeing how even the berbils can fit in the seat and drive it World War Snarf oh I can hardly wait
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:12 PM   #636
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
I wonder if snarf will be able to drive the thunder tank now seeing how even the berbils can fit in the seat and drive it World War Snarf oh I can hardly wait
He might save them in a episode.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:13 PM   #637
Mako Crab
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSapphire View Post
So you're saying that Cheetarah isn't at fault for sending mixed signals because Lion-O never made a move? That's not how it works. I've said multiple times that Lion-O is guilty too because he never made a move, but that doesn't change any of what Cheetarah did.
Cheetara said she sends mixed signals. You disagree. And that's alright. Not even Lion-O believed it. But for the sake of argument, if we believe that Cheetara was intentionally flirting, and Lion-O never flirted back, then what's she supposed to think? He's not interested? Maybe this isn't the guy she wants? What's his deal? How long is she supposed to put herself out there, before she gives up waiting for him to make a move?
And that's only assuming she was flirting intentionally. If you guys have never received mixed signals, then you're very lucky. I've gotten mixed signals that were more than a simple kiss on the cheek, so to me it's completely understandable and believable. I've had a couple girls that wanted to model their new bikini or lingerie for me, only to find out that they thought it'd be okay since I was such a good "friend."
But at least you acknowledge that it's not 100% Cheetara's fault, and that Lion-O needs to share some of the blame too. So that's cool.

Quote:
I've also said that Lion-O shouldn't have told Tygra and Cheetarah he was okay with things if he wasn't, but he was at least trying to be the bigger man in his relationship with Tygra (less so with Cheetarah though). I've also theorized that Lion-O's true interest was in the competition with "winning" her as an extension of his competition with Tygra and it's something he'll admit to after coming out of the Trials (I even compared it to a story arc Will Friedle's character had when he was on "Boy Meets World").
All I've said is that a simple "Sorry I hurt your feelings" from Cheetarah would
go a long way with Lion-O, but if Lion-O liked it he should have put a ring on it.
I can agree with this, and I do hope that after his trials, he gets over his little crush. Hope he can actually wish them well and mean it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
I agree lion-o didn't say anything, but he thought it was a done deal when she kissed him on the cheek before the AP. Remember what panthera did to him.
Who's Panthera? Is this someone from the original show?

And please, guys! Use the multi-quote!
Mako Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:15 PM   #638
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako Crab View Post
Cheetara said she sends mixed signals. You disagree. And that's alright. Not even Lion-O believed it. But for the sake of argument, if we believe that Cheetara was intentionally flirting, and Lion-O never flirted back, then what's she supposed to think? He's not interested? Maybe this isn't the guy she wants? What's his deal? How long is she supposed to put herself out there, before she gives up waiting for him to make a move?
And that's only assuming she was flirting intentionally. If you guys have never received mixed signals, then you're very lucky. I've gotten mixed signals that were more than a simple kiss on the cheek, so to me it's completely understandable and believable. I've had a couple girls that wanted to model their new bikini or lingerie for me, only to find out that they thought it'd be okay since I was such a good "friend."
But at least you acknowledge that it's not 100% Cheetara's fault, and that Lion-O needs to share some of the blame too. So that's cool.


I can agree with this, and I do hope that after his trials, he gets over his little crush. Hope he can actually wish them well and mean it.


Who's Panthera? Is this someone from the original show?

And please, guys! Use the multi-quote!
Legacy. She said" I have faith in you Leo" and she kissed him on the cheek. Lion-o said he was dead, but at least he had a girlfriend.

I dont' remember her saying she was sending mix singals.

Last edited by L08e16o; 03-30-2012 at 02:35 PM..
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:15 PM   #639
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Planet of the Snarfs
Posts: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
He would've already hooked up.
And lion-o "would've misread" that too. Cheetara's character would've looked even worse
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:19 PM   #640
stormbringer
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
And lion-o "would've misread" that too. Cheetara's character would've looked even worse
There's a lot of "misreading" going on with Cheetara.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:19 PM   #641
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Planet of the Snarfs
Posts: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako Crab View Post
Cheetara said she sends mixed signals. You disagree. And that's alright. Not even Lion-O believed it. But for the sake of argument, if we believe that Cheetara was intentionally flirting, and Lion-O never flirted back, then what's she supposed to think? He's not interested? Maybe this isn't the guy she wants? What's his deal? How long is she supposed to put herself out there, before she gives up waiting for him to make a move?
And that's only assuming she was flirting intentionally. If you guys have never received mixed signals, then you're very lucky. I've gotten mixed signals that were more than a simple kiss on the cheek, so to me it's completely understandable and believable. I've had a couple girls that wanted to model their new bikini or lingerie for me, only to find out that they thought it'd be okay since I was such a good "friend."
But at least you acknowledge that it's not 100% Cheetara's fault, and that Lion-O needs to share some of the blame too. So that's cool.


I can agree with this, and I do hope that after his trials, he gets over his little crush. Hope he can actually wish them well and mean it.


Who's Panthera? Is this someone from the original show?

And please, guys! Use the multi-quote!
No panthera isn't from the original. She was that tall female cat that was helping leo in ep 7
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:44 PM   #642
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,267
This is Panthera
Panthera concept 1 by ~Dingo107 on deviantART
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:49 PM   #643
stormbringer
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
No panthera isn't from the original. She was that tall female cat that was helping leo in ep 7
I would have told Mako that Panthera was Leo's girlfriend in the Book, but I decided to create a ceasefire in which we don't comment on each others post anymore.

Last edited by stormbringer; 03-30-2012 at 02:58 PM..
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:58 PM   #644
LouLou
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 19
I enjoyed the episode and looking forward to the next. Im a big Cheetara fan and will stick by her no matter what, think i do prefer the old Cheetara more though, because like most have said she is quite mixed in this series with her feelings and how shes being portrayed etc.
Anyone we'll just have to see what happens!
LouLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:01 PM   #645
Mako Crab
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
Oh yeah! I forgot her name.
Mako Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:50 PM   #646
CCDustyV
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 145
Also I wonder if when Tygra gets the reigns of the team next ep it won't loosen some of the blinders off her a bit.

My bet is Lion O will eventually get past her, and probably around the time Cheetara/Tygra self destructs and she realizes she made a mistake in her choice, thus leading her to have to chase after Lion O instead of vice versa.

maybe even give her a taste of her own medicine, realize she should have chosen Lion O, and goes after him right as he and Pumyra kiss for the first time (in an identical kiss as her and Tygra's first, likely her having the same shocked expression Lion O wore, what can I say I love karmic moments in shows like this).
CCDustyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:52 PM   #647
stormbringer
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCDustyV View Post
Also I wonder if when Tygra gets the reigns of the team next ep it won't loosen some of the blinders off her a bit.

My bet is Lion O will eventually get past her, and probably around the time Cheetara/Tygra self destructs and she realizes she made a mistake in her choice, thus leading her to have to chase after Lion O instead of vice versa.

maybe even give her a taste of her own medicine, realize she should have chosen Lion O, and goes after him right as he and Pumyra kiss for the first time (in an identical kiss as her and Tygra's first, likely her having the same shocked expression Lion O wore, what can I say I love karmic moments in shows like this).
I like this scenario.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:09 PM   #648
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 349
Mako seems to be bashing you guys on TCL now. Said he thinks you want to see Lion-o kill Cheetara.
hollowdheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:11 PM   #649
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Third Earth
Posts: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowdheart View Post
Mako seems to be bashing you guys on TCL now. Said he thinks you want to see Lion-o kill Cheetara.
I have seen them "joke" about such a situation, but honestly, I find it impossible to tell when they're joking, and when they're being serious.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:11 PM   #650
stormbringer
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowdheart View Post
Mako seems to be bashing you guys on TCL now. Said he thinks you want to see Lion-o kill Cheetara.
Which is of course an exaggeration. Oh well, as long as the terms of the "ceasefire" are honored, he can say what he wants on other sites.

Last edited by stormbringer; 03-30-2012 at 06:00 PM..
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thundercats Episode 1 & 2 Discussion Joe Moore Thundercats Cartoons 190 11-27-2011 02:22 AM
Thundercats Episode 9 - Berbils Discussion Thread Joe Moore Thundercats Cartoons 71 11-27-2011 02:16 AM
Thundercats Episode 7 - Legacy Discussion Tony_Bacala Thundercats Cartoons 122 11-27-2011 02:03 AM
Thundercats Episode 5 - Old Friends Discussion Joe Moore Thundercats Cartoons 79 08-24-2011 07:06 PM
Thundercats Episode 3 Ramlak Rising Discussion Joe Moore Thundercats Cartoons 66 08-09-2011 06:21 PM

 

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS