TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 10-18-2011, 08:54 AM   #51
RockyMountainHawk37
Thunder Kitty
My 3 year old daughter and I are loving it! She's got most of the new toys...I would suggest less flash back episodes...get the team going forward. Definitely need to see Jackalman and Monkian! Will we get the first 8 episodes on blu-ray?
RockyMountainHawk37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:32 PM   #52
omens619
Thunder Kitty
It's a great series, and the background or origin episodes are becoming interesting.

I hope we see more developments of Mumra's character though, a origin perhaps.
omens619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:18 PM   #53
GK Punk
Your Straight Edge Savior
Absolutely love the series. I kinda wish we could get more of the twins, the later episodes really seemed to start pushing them in the background, but it's a minor complaint. Loving the story telling, designs and pacing of this series. I really can't wait for next week's new ep.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:14 AM   #54
Star Saber
Thunder Kitty
I love the arc style storytelling and myth building. Hoping this show will go for at least 4 seasons. Too many great shows end at three, it just feels lacking.
Star Saber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:09 AM   #55
Ulisa
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by GK Punk View Post
Absolutely love the series. I kinda wish we could get more of the twins, the later episodes really seemed to start pushing them in the background, but it's a minor complaint. Loving the story telling, designs and pacing of this series. I really can't wait for next week's new ep.
I agree whole-heartedly with this. The twins were my favorites in the old series and they're my favorites in the new series as well. It seems that they kept their agility and their cunning which could open all kinds of windows. The writers seem to be branching out though. "Berbils" had a lot of development on Panthro so I'm not counting out that newer episodes could feature the twins.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing those two carry an episode, maybe save the adults for once. Usually, in the old series, they lent a hand and were useful, as they are in this series, but I'd love to just see them really be a victor for once, especially given their young age and small size.
Ulisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:20 AM   #56
Lion O of savannah
TruthJusticeHonorLoyalty
I agree with GK Punk and Ulisa, they don't get the love and facetime like they did in the older cartoon. I'm almost certain they saved the adults in more than one episode in the classic series. Well let's keep our fingers crosses.

Last edited by Lion O of savannah; 10-30-2011 at 10:21 AM.. Reason: mispell
Lion O of savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:04 PM   #57
Ulisa
Thunder Kitty
It's interesting, when they introduced the ideas of the tracking down these other stones, the first thing that popped into my head was a revamped version of "Tower of Traps" for one of them:

maybe a piece of one of the stones or clues to their whereabouts or even the stone itself stuck atop an old rigged fortess. The twins, in their own fashion, decide to get it themselves due to their desire to prove themselves. In the classic series, that was an issue they dealt with a few times, a desire to prove themselves among adults who were older and stronger than them, and in many cases, had additional talents than them: (speed, strength, etc)

I will say, I like the way they've set the two up in this series though. I think their relationship with Lion-o could prove to be an interesting one. It was one of my favorite relationships in the old series; he seemed like a protective older brother to them, understanding where they were coming from but also providing an authority if need be. Considering Lion-o's reaction in the new series when they first came in, I think they've slowly begun to weave their way into his heart. I'd be interested in seeing where that goes, if anywhere
Ulisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:07 PM   #58
80sFanboy
Unofficial Thundercat
I've wanted to think that this could be both a continuation and a reboot, but I doubt that. They've completely done a re-thinking on this and changed from the original.

That being said; Of course they have to story tell! How else would we know origins since they've changed? I love the new direction, to be sure. I especially like how Cheetara is as young as Lion-O, not that Lion-O's suspension capsule was THE ONLY ONE TO LEAK. [plot hole]

Besides, if it was a continuation, the Book of Omens would have been written in Braille for Lynx-O, since he was the commander of the Tower of Omens. Etc
80sFanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:36 PM   #59
Manic
Thunder Kitty
First and foremost, despite having been a fan of Thundercats for most of my life, I have no intention to compare the original show with the new one. I think it's better to let them stand on their own merits as they are two different takes on the Thundercats.

Like most, I was excited to hear of a new incarnation of Thundercats but disappointed that the show is not available on the air in Canada, which leaves me two options in order to view it: either watch it online or wait for the DVDs (what, no Blu-ray?!) and, naturally, since I dislike waiting until the release of the next set, I do both. My only gripe with the DVD release is it doesn't include the "movie" version of the premiere.

I thoroughly enjoyed the premiere, seeing the different takes on the familiar characters. The Thunderkittens having tails took a bit of getting used to and, at first, I wasn't sure whether or not Snarf was more annoying than the original, seeming like a "Pokemon" version of the character, but I've come to like the new Snarf. My absolute favourite part of the premiere, and this is my classic Thundercats fandom showing through, was Claudus brandishing the Sword of Omens and crying out "Thundercats, HO!"

My least favourite episode of the current batch (I have not seen episodes 9 or 10 yet) would be "Ramlak Rising" and the obvious Moby Dick rip while I would have to say the funniest moment so far was at the beginning of "The Song of the Petalars" involving Cheetara, Lion-O and some rather "bad timing" courtesy of Snarf.

I really do like the serialized build to the series thus far and hopefully the show will continue for many more episodes to come, supported by a successful toyline. I seriously hope it will not be like the Transformers franchise where a series and toyline are around for three seasons and then it's rebooted and everything starts at square one. I hope this incarnation of Thundercats grows to rival that of the original and, mostly, I hope some Canadian station will pick the show up!
Manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 07:52 AM   #60
BB Shockwave
Thunder Kitty
I never got into the old TC series, despite being born in 1978 - I liked most other toons of the era (Ghostbusters, Transformers, GI Joe, Wheeled Warriors, Bravestarr) - but it somehow felt, I dunno... wooden. The acting, the predictable plots, the whole ridiculousness of Lion-O's costume... I started re-watching it recently and it hasn't changed my opinion, there are some nice episodes, and Mumm-ra is a quite unique villain, but overall it is just mostly boring.

In contrast, the new show is EPIC. It is like what Lord of The Rings would be if animated... It has a living, breathing, well-detailed world for a setting, an incredible mystical/sci-fi backstory, and a small band of well-written characters fighting against an interesting villain. I love the series, and I am the only one in Hungary (apparently) who started translating it, but there is certainly interest for it already.
BB Shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:33 AM   #61
Yasraina
Thunder Kitty
To tell the truth i was afraid how the new show was going to be, cause i'm a huge fan of the original thundercats. Now i can admit that i like the difference in the story, the hole new idea of Thundera being a great kingdom and all, the magic-technology believe that the citizens had, it's like watching something complete new and extremely well developt. As for the characters they were amazing and there stories untill now ttey were great. A few little things i didn't like were: 1. the tail thing (why a few have tails and others don't) and 2. the unknown past of Tygra (we know that he is adopted but who the hell are his parents, do they have something to do we the plot will we see them latter or it is just that?).
Yasraina is offline   Reply With Quote