TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2012, 11:53 AM   #6451
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
I hope they will not troll the L/C ship, too, make L/C happen already darn it.

As usual thinking out loud the possibilities...
At this point all we've seen is cheetara and from what we've seen isn't too good so maybe in the end lion-o gets someone better it just might take some time for him to realize that.
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:01 PM   #6452
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
Agreed. The NS series is pretty much pro Tygra/Cheetara fanfiction, in animated form. So much like the comics....
The NS is looking to surpass the comics in that area they might as well do a crossover and give him HeMans sword a make him ruler of eternia too
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:05 PM   #6453
stormbringer
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamofEternia View Post
i really don't understand what direction they are taking this show to. since they killed of the main hero, i hope we can get more in depth episodes about the other characters that haven't been developed much. i would also like if they kept liono dead for a little while, so when he returns, he will be so much more hardened, mature and more like a leader. since tygra is now the lord of the thundercats, he should also learn his own lessons on humility and to understand that the SoO doesn't define who you are, but the individual who wields it . just like liono, tygra is just as immature and they both should be learning to grow up not just liono. it sucks that liono has to lose his life in order to once again learn another life lesson.
Lion-o is the only one who has any lessons to learn to the writers.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:08 PM   #6454
stormbringer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
The NS is looking to surpass the comics in that area they might as well do a crossover and give him HeMans sword a make him ruler of eternia too
And Teela will dump He-man to be with Tygra king of Eternia.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:11 PM   #6455
stormbringer
Quote:
Can't blame mumm-ra though i guess even he couldn't stand his own stench anymore
Does Mummra breathe?
Old 02-15-2012, 12:15 PM   #6456
stormbringer
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
It is a triangle, this is what happens. I thought lion-o would die, but not like this.
I think Jelenic is getting a twisted pleasure out of demeaning Lion-o.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:18 PM   #6457
stormbringer
Quote:
Could have mummra and mummrana been a couple in the past? Maybe the ASoE tricked mummra and sealed her up to make mummra do their bidding? Just thinking out load.
That would be interesting. The writers did say we would see some of Mummras past.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:26 PM   #6458
stormbringer
Quote:
Could have mummra and mummrana been a couple in the past? Maybe the ASoE tricked mummra and sealed her up to make mummra do their bidding? Just thinking out load.
Quote:
At this point all we've seen is cheetara and from what we've seen isn't too good so maybe in the end lion-o gets someone better it just might take some time for him to realize that.
I just don't know how the writers expect us to see Cheetara. They've made her so unlikeable, a lot of people will probably say Lion-o is better off without her.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:42 PM   #6459
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
Quote:
We were just joking DarkKnight. Trying to lighten the grim mood Jelenic put us in.
sorry
DarkKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:53 PM   #6460
L08e16o
Quote:
i really don't understand what direction they are taking this show to. since they killed of the main hero, i hope we can get more in depth episodes about the other characters that haven't been developed much. i would also like if they kept liono dead for a little while, so when he returns, he will be so much more hardened, mature and more like a leader. since tygra is now the lord of the thundercats, he should also learn his own lessons on humility and to understand that the SoO doesn't define who you are, but the individual who wields it . just like liono, tygra is just as immature and they both should be learning to grow up not just liono. it sucks that liono has to lose his life in order to once again learn another life lesson.
That is how I feel. Why is it only lion-o that is learning the lessons.

I don't know how long they will keep him dead.

I think the trails is teaching to use other ways instead of the SoO. He doesn't have it.

I just hope this is not the pattern in every arch.

Last edited by L08e16o; 02-15-2012 at 01:09 PM..
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:54 PM   #6461
L08e16o
Quote:
If he doesn't end up with cheetara, I would rather him be with no one.

No more drama.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:56 PM   #6462
L08e16o
Quote:
I think Jelenic is getting a twisted pleasure out of demeaning Lion-o.
Yeah. Next thing he will be tygra's jester.

They wanted layers, I only see lion-o getting layers after layers.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:58 PM   #6463
L08e16o
Quote:
That would be interesting. The writers did say we would see some of Mummras past.
That would be a twist.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:00 PM   #6464
L08e16o
Quote:
I just don't know how the writers expect us to see Cheetara. They've made her so unlikeable, a lot of people will probably say Lion-o is better off without her.
That is why I hope we learn more about her. Even the spirit cheetara is a playing games.

Last edited by L08e16o; 02-15-2012 at 01:09 PM..
Old 02-15-2012, 01:14 PM   #6465
stormbringer
Quote:
Yeah. Next thing he will be tygra's jester.

They wanted layers, I only see lion-o getting layers after layers.
I don't think there's ever been a show that's gone to such lengths to humiliate the main hero. Jelenic is clearly in love with Tygra, and will do anything to make him the star if the show.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:21 PM   #6466
AdamofEternia
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
If he doesn't end up with cheetara, I would rather him be with no one.

No more drama.
i think in terms of L/C, the romance aspect is likely dead. it was terribly written and knowing these writers, they will make the characters move on so fast that the triangle would seem like it never happened. Cheetara's character isn't really likeable in my eyes anymore for the fact that she as wise as they say she is, didn't realize the damage she was doing to both brothers. after these events on and off the astral plane, we kind of see where her loyalty lies which is the SoO and not her king. when i read the spoilers for the death of liono in the upcoming episodes, it got me thinking about the role of the clerics. they are supposed to be the bodyguards to their king and if circumstances shows itself, give their life for their king. liono dying means that she didn't do her job as a cleric. i hate to feel that im once again ranting about a kids show but the writing is still awful and the most of the characters are not likeable in my eyes.
AdamofEternia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:23 PM   #6467
stormbringer
Quote:
That is why I hope we learn more about her. Even the spirit cheetara is a playing games.

This show seems to be teaching the life lesson of: to get what you want, be a jerk. Tygra and Cheetara are some if the most unlikeable "heroes" in the history of animation. And yet their getting everything they want.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:28 PM   #6468
L08e16o
Quote:
i think in terms of L/C, the romance aspect is likely dead. it was terribly written and knowing these writers, they will make the characters move on so fast that the triangle would seem like it never happened. Cheetara's character isn't really likeable in my eyes anymore for the fact that she as wise as they say she is, didn't realize the damage she was doing to both brothers. after these events on and off the astral plane, we kind of see where her loyalty lies which is the SoO and not her king. when i read the spoilers for the death of liono in the upcoming episodes, it got me thinking about the role of the clerics. they are supposed to be the bodyguards to their king and if circumstances shows itself, give their life for their king. liono dying means that she didn't do her job as a cleric. i hate to feel that im once again ranting about a kids show but the writing is still awful and the most of the characters are not likeable in my eyes.
Well she was holding the SoO in episode 1. Maybe that is her first duty as a cleric. They are going after the SoO.

That is what forums are for.

That is why I hope they show more about her on the inside. It does make her look bad.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:29 PM   #6469
L08e16o
Quote:
This show seems to be teaching the life lesson of: to get what you want, be a jerk. Tygra and Cheetara are some if the most unlikeable "heroes" in the history of animation. And yet their getting everything they want.
Tygra did get everything he wanted, while lion-o lost everything.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:31 PM   #6470
L08e16o
Quote:
I don't think there's ever been a show that's gone to such lengths to humiliate the main hero. Jelenic is clearly in love with Tygra, and will do anything to make him the star if the show.
I can't think of one.

They said they were going to make it tough for him, but like this.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:32 PM   #6471
L08e16o
Quote:
Tygra said you need to refer to him as the Lord of the Thundercats.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:36 PM   #6472
stormbringer
Quote:
I can't think of one.

They said they were going to make it tough for him, but like this.
Tygra and Cheetara both could use some of those "lessons" the writers reserve exclusively for Lion-o. Lion-o is a far better person than T/C, time and simple growing up will take care of Lion-o. But Tygra and Cheetara are TERRIBLE people, and they need some punishments.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:38 PM   #6473
stormbringer
Quote:
Off with his head!
Old 02-15-2012, 01:41 PM   #6474
stormbringer
Quote:
I shall never acknowledge the usurper to the throne!
Old 02-15-2012, 01:43 PM   #6475
L08e16o
Quote:
Tygra and Cheetara both could use some of those "lessons" the writers reserve exclusively for Lion-o. Lion-o is a far better person than T/C, time and simple growing up will take care of Lion-o. But Tygra and Cheetara are TERRIBLE people, and they need some punishments.
or death for lion-o's growing process.

Last edited by L08e16o; 02-15-2012 at 01:48 PM..
Old 02-15-2012, 01:45 PM   #6476
L08e16o
Quote:
It will be interesting when lion-o goes against tygra in the spirit stone, what he finds out about him.

That is why after Trails, we need some fleshing of the other characters.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:47 PM   #6477
L08e16o
Quote:
I shall never acknowledge the usurper to the throne!
Cheetara usurped, tygra the LoTC just went along with it.

Maybe this was in Claudis's will. Jaga gave it to cheetara to carry it out. The Thunderians would be happy.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:50 PM   #6478
stormbringer
Quote:
It will be interesting when lion-o goes against tygra in the spirit stone, what he finds out about him.

That is why after Trails, we need some fleshing of the other characters.
I think Tygra is more likely to get character depth than Cheetara. They seem to have really written her into a corner.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:53 PM   #6479
stormbringer
Quote:
Cheetara usurped, tygra the LoTC just went along with it.

Maybe this was in Claudis's will. Jaga gave it to cheetara to carry it out. The Thunderians would be happy.
The treachery runs deep in the house of lions. When Lion-o returns he needs to banish Cheetara from the group. He'd be safer inviting Slithe to join them.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:53 PM   #6480
L08e16o
Quote:
I think Tygra is more likely to get character depth than Cheetara. They seem to have really written her into a corner.
I hope not. They are core characters (L/T/C). That will make other fans mad, because she is only there for the triangle. There is more to her, but when will they start fleshing her out.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:54 PM   #6481
L08e16o
Quote:
The treachery runs deep in the house of lions. When Lion-o returns he needs to banish Cheetara from the group. He'd be safer inviting Slithe to join them.
Or the ASoE, at least he knows where they are coming from.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:00 PM   #6482
stormbringer
Quote:
I hope not. They are core characters (L/T/C). That will make other fans mad, because she is only there for the triangle. There is more to her, but when will they start fleshing her out.

It would take some truly ingenious writing to fix Cheetara at this point, and honestly I don't trust these writers.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:05 PM   #6483
stormbringer
Quote:
Yeah at least they don't hide their motives, I wonder how Cheetara will even be able to keep her job as a cleric after this debacle? Lion-o should demoted her and ask Jaga's ghost to train the kittens as new clerics.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:09 PM   #6484
L08e16o
Quote:
It would take some truly ingenious writing to fix Cheetara at this point, and honestly I don't trust these writers.
As bad as it seems, this is all planned.

I think we will see more of cheetara motives.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:11 PM   #6485
L08e16o
Quote:
Yeah at least they don't hide their motives, I wonder how Cheetara will even be able to keep her job as a cleric after this debacle? Lion-o should demoted her and ask Jaga's ghost to train the kittens as new clerics.
I don't know what will happen, but whatever happen with the spirit cheetara will play a part IMO.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:14 PM   #6486
stormbringer
Quote:
Quote:
I don't know what will happen, but whatever happen with the spirit cheetara will play a part IMO.
Whatever the writers do it better be good. A lot of fans are probably ready to ditch the show altogether.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:17 PM   #6487
stormbringer
Quote:
As bad as it seems, this is all planned.

I think we will see more of cheetara motives.
Quote:
Like I said before, I think Cheetara was probably a poor orphan with natural abilities that made her eligible to be a cleric.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:20 PM   #6488
L08e16o
Quote:
Whatever the writers do it better be good. A lot of fans are probably ready to ditch the show altogether.
Some have already. This weekend will be key for me. 16 and 17 come out in Ireland.

Remember they said the triangle would be important to the story and this is how triangles go. They just don't get the main hero killed.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:22 PM   #6489
L08e16o
Quote:
Like I said before, I think Cheetara was probably a poor orphan with natural abilities that made her eligible to be a cleric.
I think there is more to it. If that is all we will get from her, then shame on the writers.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:23 PM   #6490
stormbringer
Quote:
Some have already. This weekend will be key for me. 16 and 17 come out in Ireland.

Remember they said the triangle would be important to the story and this is how triangles go. They just don't get the main hero killed.
Yeah if I don't start reading some good non-Lion-o bashing spoilers soon, I'll probably write the show off myself.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:23 PM   #6491
AdamofEternia
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
what confuses me more is that the writers are still playing with the whole liono and cheetara dynamic after she clearly made a conscious choice on who she wants to be with. i read a spoiler in the upcoming trials episodes, her ghost or whatever kisses him on the cheek. if this is true, i would really be annoyed with what they are doing to her character. since she has chosen tygra, let her flirt with him instead of complicating matters once again. i believe this is hindering liono's growth as a character. i see why my older brother quit watching this show.
AdamofEternia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:26 PM   #6492
stormbringer
Quote:
I think there is more to it. If that is all we will get from her, then shame on the writers.
I hope you're right. The writers really need to step up their stories if they don't want a ratings collapse.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:30 PM   #6493
stormbringer
Quote:
what confuses me more is that the writers are still playing with the whole liono and cheetara dynamic after she clearly made a conscious choice on who she wants to be with. i read a spoiler in the upcoming trials episodes, her ghost or whatever kisses him on the cheek. if this is true, i would really be annoyed with what they are doing to her character. since she has chosen tygra, let her flirt with him instead of complicating matters once again. i believe this is hindering liono's growth as a character. i see why my older brother quit watching this show.
An excellent point. How can they keep this triangle going when Cheetara has already chosen Tygra? Are they going to drag Lion-o down further and have hum stalk Cheetara? Or will he just hopelessly pine away for her while he watches het kiss his brother?
Old 02-15-2012, 02:41 PM   #6494
L08e16o
Quote:
I see it two ways.

Either they are doing this to rub it in the L/C faces or this is apart of something later.

I don't know if she kissed or whisper something into his ear. They block what she is doing with lion-o's shocked face.

This is all apart of the triangle.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:43 PM   #6495
L08e16o
Quote:
An excellent point. How can they keep this triangle going when Cheetara has already chosen Tygra? Are they going to drag Lion-o down further and have hum stalk Cheetara? Or will he just hopelessly pine away for her while he watches het kiss his brother?
That is how the triangle works and they can make it worse if they want.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:52 PM   #6496
stormbringer
Quote:
That is how the triangle works and they can make it worse if they want.
If they make it much worse the show may get prematurely canceled due to low ratings.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:53 PM   #6497
Balgus82
Quote:
I see it two ways.

Either they are doing this to rub it in the L/C faces or this is apart of something later.

I don't know if she kissed or whisper something into his ear. They block what she is doing with lion-o's shocked face.

Hello again!

Here's the way I see it:

I think she probably just naturally doesn't have many boundaries. She joined the Clerics as a kid. Probably never had any interest in any of the guys in the Clerics facility because she said she chose Tygra way back when he gave her the flower. So she's really never had any romantic male/female interaction. She might not have realized kissing on the cheek had any romantic implications and was just giving him a Kiss for luck.

As for the Spirit Cheetara, it's all in Lion-O's head and they're taking forms from his memories that he'll recognize. Spirit Cheetara probably kissed him on the cheek because deep down he still likes her and the stone is probably reflecting that. Or again, it could be another kiss for luck in the next trials.

Last edited by Balgus82; 02-15-2012 at 02:56 PM..
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:54 PM   #6498
L08e16o
Quote:
If they make it much worse the show may get prematurely canceled due to low ratings.
Kids are going to have smoke coming out of their ears, they won't know what is going on.

We don't even have a date for 14.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:57 PM   #6499
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
Hello again!

Here's the way I see it:

I think she probably just naturally doesn't have many boundaries. She joined the Clerics as a kid. Probably never had any interest in any of the guys in the Clerics facility because she said she chose Tygra way back when he gave her the flower. So she's really never had any romantic male/female interaction. She might not have realized kissing on the cheek had any romantic implications and was just giving him a Kiss for luck.

As for the Spirit Cheetara, it's all in Lion-O's head and they're taking forms from his memories that he'll recognize. Spirit Cheetara probably kissed him on the cheek because deep down he still likes her and the stone is probably reflecting that.
Was that confirmed on your last sentence?

How is this happening in his head if he is dead?

He wouldn't acted shock, that makes him look like a loser. I would think that would bring him more pain.

If that is true, they need to show that is how she is. She should have also said "sorry if you felt I was leading you on".

Last edited by L08e16o; 02-15-2012 at 02:59 PM..
Old 02-15-2012, 02:58 PM   #6500
stormbringer
Quote:
I see it two ways.

Their desire for this triangle is going to be the death of this show. They've already alienated a large portion of viewers as it is. If they continue it much longer, there won't be enough viewers to keep it on.