TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 08-16-2011, 01:15 AM   #1
Pinero
Thunder Kitty
Season 1, Episode 4
Episode Synopsis: The team search for Thundrilium and learn more about Panthro and Grune's past. Original Air Date: Aug 19, 2011

ThunderCats Episode Guide 2011 Season 1 - Old Friends, Episode 4 | TVGuide.com
Pinero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:14 AM   #2
dolza_khyron
Thunder Kitty
wow! the thundercats really like naming things after themselves!

thundertank, thundera, "thunder thunder thunderr!"

this is kind'a like us naming a city "Human" and a tank the "human tank" and our oil "human oil" LOL!

Last edited by dolza_khyron; 08-16-2011 at 04:03 AM..
dolza_khyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:25 AM   #3
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Thundrilium being a factor in the new show is a nice surprise. Should be interesting to find out more about what happened on Panthro's and Grune's mission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolza_khyron View Post
wow! the thundercats really like naming things after themselves!

thundertank, thundera, "thunder thunder thunderr!"

this is kind'a like us naming a city "Human" and a tank the "human tank" and our oil "human oil" LOL!
With the original show, I always saw it more as them naming everything after their home planet. Which isn't a factor for the new show, but it can be seen as just continued use of the original show's terminology.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:05 PM   #4
Pinero
Thunder Kitty
Thundrilium was in the OS they need it for fuel, besides the sword the cat best weapon is the thundertank nd maybe the cats never heard of Thundrilium but panthro tells them bout it and how it fuel for the tank and other future devices
Old 08-16-2011, 01:37 PM   #5
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinero View Post
Thundrilium was in the OS they need it for fuel, besides the sword the cat best weapon is the thundertank nd maybe the cats never heard of Thundrilium but panthro tells them bout it and how it fuel for the tank and other future devices
correct, they were looking for it in one of the early episodes to power the thundertank and cats lair
IndyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:24 PM   #6
LordLionO
Hear the Roar.
Quote:

HumanGuys are on the move....HumanGuys are loose!

Human...Human...Human...HumanGuys!
LordLionO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 03:51 PM   #7
dolza_khyron
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLionO View Post
HumanGuys are on the move....HumanGuys are loose!

Human...Human...Human...HumanGuys!
nah it'd be more likely "Plunder Guys" since it's MAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinero View Post
which is still lame, and like naming our fuel after ourselves, and it makes it even more weird that they'd name a fuel source on the planet, that they share with other species after themselves! LOL!

Last edited by dolza_khyron; 08-16-2011 at 03:54 PM..
dolza_khyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:10 PM   #8
Pinero
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
nah it'd be more likely "Plunder Guys" since it's MAN

which is still lame, and like naming our fuel after ourselves, and it makes it even more weird that they'd name a fuel source on the planet, that they share with other species after themselves! LOL!
maybe they was the first specie to discover thundrillium and marked it with there name..who knows until next ep
Old 08-16-2011, 10:08 PM   #9
Hammerhand
Thunder Kitty
This is an episode I really want to see!
I can't wait for more Panthro and Grune!
Hammerhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:19 PM   #10
Pinero
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhand View Post
This is an episode I really want to see!
I can't wait for more Panthro and Grune!
me too i love the last one but not like everybody else, last ep was a teaching and meaning lesson in wich falls into play with the story but it was a bypass ep for this week one
Old 08-17-2011, 12:01 AM   #11
Valdin
Thunder Kitty
Am I the only one who is not a fan of the new panthro? I know it was just a preview but he seems to have a bad attitude I'm not liking. I do prefer the way the flashback panthro looks compared to modern panthro with the scars and hellboy 'do. The classic panthro was my favorite. I like the fact that we are going to get a backstory to him and grune. I hope the new panthro grows on me but for now. not so much.
I love everything else about the new show, all the other characters rock. Even the fish people were cool. It was a little puzzling that they couldn't swim but It wasn't really water.
Valdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:29 AM   #12
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdin View Post
Am I the only one who is not a fan of the new panthro? I know it was just a preview but he seems to have a bad attitude I'm not liking. I do prefer the way the flashback panthro looks compared to modern panthro with the scars and hellboy 'do. The classic panthro was my favorite. I like the fact that we are going to get a backstory to him and grune. I hope the new panthro grows on me but for now. not so much.
I love everything else about the new show, all the other characters rock. Even the fish people were cool. It was a little puzzling that they couldn't swim but It wasn't really water.
I'm not so sure he has a bad attitude. afterall the guy or "cat" just burst on to the scene in the thundertank beating the $%^@ out of the lizards to save someone he didnt know. Lion-o even said "Who are you?" he just replied "The names Panthro." Maybe it was the tone of his voice....but he just nun-chucked a lizard. his adrenaline was probably going high. No sure how he'll turn out, but I hope he is cool. afterall, imo, Tygra is titally different from the original charactor. Now he is a dick. Still like his charactor though. I am sure Lion-o will prove his worth sooner then later and all the cats will come to respect him.
IndyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:06 AM   #13
Pinero
Thunder Kitty
how can u say that about panthro when he only had 2 min debut and didnt show his personality..my intake on panthro is, he is more mature and older then the rest of the cats so he prolly be more of a guidance and adult to the cats but he fall under lion-o the king in which lion-o hasnt yet finish developed as a character, he got alot more growing to do and panthro debut will put them in a new direction

according to the teaser trailer for ep5 everything I said in that post seems right lol

Last edited by Pinero; 08-17-2011 at 10:42 PM..
Old 08-17-2011, 01:59 PM   #14
nitewing73
Thunderian Commoner
The characterizations of each of the main cast is different than the original series. I actually like how the twins were orphans and thieves and that Cheetara was a cleric and that Tygra is Lion-O's adopted brother. I like the fact that Panthro and Grune were Claudus's generals. It gives the characters a little bit more of a 3-dimensional feel instead of just Cheetara runs fasts and can see visions, and Tygra is the quiet thinker or something like that.
nitewing73 is offline   Reply With Quote