TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats General Discussion

Old 06-13-2011, 02:34 AM   #1
axeinurface
Thunder Kitty
OK, does ANYBODY remember this? there was a live-action thundercats U.S. tour in the '80s..i believe it was TC on ice (seriously!!). i can remember it because i had gotten a sweet ass toy sword of omens that lit up red when u pressed a button. i can't find anything about it anywhere though. i wish i still had that sword..i have yet to see another one (i was super bummed when i accidentally broke it as a kid).
axeinurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:01 AM   #2
ShockWaveNews
Thunder Kitty
It was called ThunderCats Live! and i remember it fondly (went to it at Madison Square Garden) it had Karate Kat, TigerSharks,SilverHawks, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Gumby and Pokey, and the Street Frogs. still have the Banner from it somewhere in my closet. Great memories.
ShockWaveNews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 02:09 PM   #3
axeinurface
Thunder Kitty
haha OK good i'm not crazy then! last week my mom asked me if i saw they were remaking thundercats and i was like hells yeah!! and i asked her about the live show and she thought i was tripping. but my parents were just divorced at the time and i remember going with my dad..so it all adds up now.
as for the sword, my mom told me i got it at mervyn's cause she remembers it being one of the few toys i ever threw a fit over her buying (the other one was a stuffed ewok ha)
axeinurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:15 PM   #4
PANTHRO HOOO
Thunderian Commoner
I saw this. I can barely remember. Abtualy I remember the silverhawks entrance and the banner more than anything.
PANTHRO HOOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:05 AM   #6
PANTHRO HOOO
Thunderian Commoner
WTF they probably made 100s of 1000s on this crap and they couldnt get the sword of omens even close.
PANTHRO HOOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:35 AM   #7
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by PANTHRO HOOO View Post
WTF they probably made 100s of 1000s on this crap and they couldnt get the sword of omens even close.
That Sword of Omens looks like it was based on some of the older concept art. Check it in this old picture: http://wallpapers.net/wallpapers/80s...s-1024x768.jpg
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:36 PM   #8
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Huh. I just now realized how closely some of the old Thundercats art resembles the costuming and makeup of the Broadway show "Cats." Screwy.
SirSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote