TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

Old 08-15-2011, 12:59 AM   #1
evilanimation
Thunder Kitty
so is the 6" Mumm-Ra a better fit for the 4" line or the deluxe version scale just fine?
evilanimation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:13 AM   #2
Mintcondition
Thunder Kitty
I was actually just talking about this in my own thread.

The thing is, the 4 inch Mumm-Ra IS larger than the other 4 inch figures, but not by too much.

While the 4 inch Lion-O looks cool fighting the 6 inch Mumm-Ra, I think it's way too big.

I don't think Mumm-Ra is supposed to be THAT much bigger than everyone else in his Ever-Living form. At least he wasn't in the original series.

So I think the 4 inch Mumm-Ra is fine with the other 4 inch figures, but I think because of his wings they had to make the body a bit smaller. Here's hoping they make a basic 4 inch Mumm-Ra who is bigger.
Mintcondition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:16 AM   #3
evilanimation
Thunder Kitty
Ya I was thinking the same thing, I bought him thinking he would work but am going to return him since I do not collect 6" figures. Thanks for the input.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:07 PM   #4
masterprime
Thunder Kitty
I dont know if you go to this link http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_sho..._PartyPack.pdf and scroll down to the second page its gives you a scale for about all the chacters. I think after seeing this the 6" Mumm-Ra figure fits better with the 4" line.
masterprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:39 PM   #5
Mintcondition
Thunder Kitty
Wow you may be right...that party viewing pack is awesome by the way.

It reminds me of the stuff you would find in the back of kid's magazines back in the day.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:38 PM   #6
masterprime
Thunder Kitty
Yeah the Popcorn was awesome lol.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:53 PM   #7
JohnnyAngel77
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterprime View Post
I dont know if you go to this link http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_sho..._PartyPack.pdf and scroll down to the second page its gives you a scale for about all the chacters. I think after seeing this the 6" Mumm-Ra figure fits better with the 4" line.
I can agree with that now, after seeing the pic of how big Mumm-Ra is gonna be for this series.
JohnnyAngel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 04:30 AM   #8
LordDudington
His Dudeship
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyAngel77 View Post
I can agree with that now, after seeing the pic of how big Mumm-Ra is gonna be for this series.
I think I'm going for the larger Mumm-Ra now, as well. I think it's kinda cool that he towers over the rest of them.
LordDudington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:06 AM   #9
evilanimation
Thunder Kitty
Awesome i am glad i picked him up now...thanks for the help guys.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:16 AM   #10
Lion-O*
Thunder Kitty
I have the 4inch MummRa with the red cloak.
One cool thing I came up with is he can fit inside the toy coffin that came with the McFarlane Monsters Dracula set
Lion-O* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:20 AM   #11
masterprime
Thunder Kitty
Oh cool any pics?
Old 08-16-2011, 05:26 PM   #12
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterprime View Post
Thanks for the heads up on this. I'm grabbing the 6" one to go with them now too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion-O* View Post
One cool thing I came up with is he can fit inside the toy coffin that came with the McFarlane Monsters Dracula set
Great suggestion
Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 03:39 AM   #13
Mintcondition
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion-O* View Post
Great minds think alike...I did the exact same thing. Only I used the McFarlane Monsters Mummy set for my Mumm-Ra and he looks awesome!

Also I'd like to say that the 4 inch Ever Living Mumm-Ra does seem too small for the other 4 inch figures, but also the 6 inch Mumm-Ra seems far too large.

It's not just a matter of a figure being taller than another. They have to look like they're at least in the same scale, and the 6 inch Mumm-Ra standing next to the 4 inch figures just doesn't look good.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:11 AM   #14
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintcondition View Post
Also I'd like to say that the 4 inch Ever Living Mumm-Ra does seem too small for the other 4 inch figures, but also the 6 inch Mumm-Ra seems far too large.

It's not just a matter of a figure being taller than another. They have to look like they're at least in the same scale, and the 6 inch Mumm-Ra standing next to the 4 inch figures just doesn't look good.
Can you post a photo?
Old 08-17-2011, 08:33 PM   #15
masterprime
Thunder Kitty
No problem Tracer glad to help.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:33 AM   #16
Weapon XIX
Thunder Kitty
After looking at the scale shot from the party pack, I decided to skip the deluxe altogether and go with the 6" scale version. In the scale pic the cats come up to about his waist and that's where the 4" figures hit him. Here are some pics:

and alternate endings to that sequence:

Weapon XIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:41 AM   #17
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
Wow, that looks great with them.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:27 AM   #18
77kustoms
Kustom Kreator
I am all for the 6" line. That being said, there are a few 4" characters I feel are in better scale with the 6" line. I can't upload the pic from my droid but Kit and Kat look more "kid like" when displayed alongside the 6" figures. I was never a huge fan of them, so their 3 points of articulation don't bother me. Also I wont have to pay $18 (a piece?) When the 6" come out....unless they have some super cool must have stuff with them. Also I think Snarff coming with the thunder tank is marketing win....for Bandai not me lol!
77kustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:27 AM   #19
LordDudington
His Dudeship
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapon XIX View Post
After looking at the scale shot from the party pack, I decided to skip the deluxe altogether and go with the 6" scale version. In the scale pic the cats come up to about his waist and that's where the 4" figures hit him. Here are some pics:

These pics just sold me on the 6" Mumm-ra. I guess off to K-mart I go! lol
LordDudington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:15 AM   #20
soundwave810
Thunder Kitty
Thxs for the pic Weapon XIX and thxs for evilanimation starting this thread. I was looking @ Deluxe 4" Mumm-Ra when I noticed that his head is smaller than the rest of the figures, so I figured I look around here before I start googling for the sizes. Looks like I'll be getting the 6" Mumm-Ra too!
soundwave810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 10:51 AM   #21
Weapon XIX
Thunder Kitty
No problem!
Old 08-28-2011, 03:09 AM   #22
Thinktank
Thunder Kitty
I dare say after the latest episode of the show the debate over who looks
best with rest of the 4" gang has been pretty well settled.

I have hard time imagining my shelf with anything less than the 6" Mumm-ra
dominating the back row. He is a titan compared to the others in episode 6.
Thinktank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 03:42 AM   #23
Jay Bell
Must NOM NOM diamonds!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinktank View Post
I dare say after the latest episode of the show the debate over who looks
best with rest of the 4" gang has been pretty well settled.
Settled when it comes to scale... but now the debate is if you want wings or not. Personally I plan on buying all the currently available Mumm-ra figures so I don't have to choose.
Jay Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:14 AM   #24
Weapon XIX
Thunder Kitty
Saw the 4" deluxe Mumm-ra over the weekend and man is he tiny. His head looked so small - smaller than the regular 4" mummy Mumm-ra. Even though I got the 6" version I thought I'd still be tempted when I saw the 4" version in stores, but I instantly put that back on the pegs.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:30 AM   #25
soundwave810
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Bell View Post
Settled when it comes to scale... but now the debate is if you want wings or not. Personally I plan on buying all the currently available Mumm-ra figures so I don't have to choose.
That's more or less what ended up doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapon XIX View Post
Saw the 4" deluxe Mumm-ra over the weekend and man is he tiny. His head looked so small - smaller than the regular 4" mummy Mumm-ra. Even though I got the 6" version I thought I'd still be tempted when I saw the 4" version in stores, but I instantly put that back on the pegs.
If I didn't already get the 4" dlx before I got the 6" one I'd agree with you. The 6" DOES need the wings though. That's why I got 4" dlx first, the wings. Th wings makes him looks WAY better imho.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:01 PM   #26
ThundercatsRules
Thunder Kitty
I actually havent gotten the figures,yet, but Im gonna say the "4" inch even though the "6" is bigger.
ThundercatsRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:08 PM   #27
Blade Raider
Thunder Kitty
I have the 6". Think I made the better choice, but it's a hard one. In the end, scale and the ability to hold weapons correctly wins. Plus, Bandai clearly made slots for wings, so a future release having them is at least possible.
Blade Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:28 PM   #28
kerowack
Thunder Kitty
I'm only collecting the 6 inchers (can't get sucked into playsets and vehicles right now), but bought a 4 inch Lion-O because the scale REALLy is perfect when compared to the 6 inch Mummra....
kerowack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:58 PM   #29
bedtime
Thunder Kitty
is there going to be a 6" scale mummy/shriveled mumm-ra?
bedtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:16 PM   #30
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Not likely. To be honest, I don't have any hope that Bandai will fully support the 6inch line with the entire cast. While they may do Tygra and several others, I doubt they will do Cheetara and the kids. Plus, have you seen the 6inch Lion-O? His face is boring. There is no detail, no expression in either his eyes or mouth. He looks like a corpse.
Dr Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:32 PM   #31
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
Not likely. To be honest, I don't have any hope that Bandai will fully support the 6inch line with the entire cast. While they may do Tygra and several others, I doubt they will do Cheetara and the kids. Plus, have you seen the 6inch Lion-O? His face is boring. There is no detail, no expression in either his eyes or mouth. He looks like a corpse.
Except in an interview they said that for the 6 inch line they'll have both kids in one pack to make up for the smaller character size.
Pravus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:38 PM   #32
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
That is what they said, but it does not mean it will happen. They said they were going to release White Ranger and Titanus for the MMPR relaunch line, and they were going to do a Legends versions of Pink Ranger and Zeo Ranger #5, none of those ever happened. They were supposed to do a Rita Repulsa figure, that never happened. My point is, Bandai says they are going to do things they never do.

However, I should have said "I doubt they will do Cheetara or any female character," as Kit and Kat together still means the pack has a male character.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:44 PM   #33
Saint Phe
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
That is what they said, but it does not mean it will happen. They said they were going to release White Ranger and Titanus for the MMPR relaunch line, and they were going to do a Legends versions of Pink Ranger and Zeo Ranger #5, none of those ever happened. They were supposed to do a Rita Repulsa figure, that never happened. My point is, Bandai says they are going to do things they never do.

However, I should have said "I doubt they will do Cheetara or any female character," as Kit and Kat together still means the pack has a male character.
They just released a Rita Repulsa!
Saint Phe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:46 PM   #34
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Hate to sound like a gerk, but can you prove it?
Old 09-04-2011, 12:41 AM   #35
Saint Phe
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Hate to sound like a gerk, but can you prove it?
Just search for her on ebay. Here's a link to a random listing for her: http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=65626637487
Saint Phe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 01:13 AM   #36
Thinktank
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Phe View Post
Just search for her on ebay. Here's a link to a random listing for her: http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=65626637487
Owned.
Thinktank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 06:17 PM   #37
Lion-O*
Thunder Kitty
here is the pic of 4 inch mummy Mummra with the coffin from the McFarlane Dracula set
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4inchmummyMummRacoffinpic.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	662
Lion-O* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:04 AM   #38
andr0s81
Thunder Kitty
Quote:

In addition to doing Rita, they did release Titanus and the White Ranger. Titanus was available on amazon.com and the White Ranger was originally released in Rite Aids and later on at discount stores such as Ross and TJ Maxx.
andr0s81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:08 PM   #39
soundwave810
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by andr0s81 View Post
In addition to doing Rita, they did release Titanus and the White Ranger. Titanus was available on amazon.com and the White Ranger was originally released in Rite Aids and later on at discount stores such as Ross and TJ Maxx.
That's why I never found the White Ranger!
Old 09-06-2011, 06:37 PM   #40
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Well that would have been nice to know. Thing is, if they say they should release something, they should release it in stores that matter. I don't go to Discount stores because the toys there are always destroyed and/or the toy isle was hit by Katrina.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:08 AM   #41
Blade Raider
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
They also released a new 4" Lord Zedd that's actually better than the Super Legends (articulation wise, at least). Problem was, him and White are in two different assortments so if you were lucky enough to find one, you're SOL on the other. I only found Zedd.

Quote:
Well that would have been nice to know. Thing is, if they say they should release something, they should release it in stores that matter. I don't go to Discount stores because the toys there are always destroyed and/or the toy isle was hit by Katrina.
Be happy it was released at all. The line didn't sell well, so all the stores "that matters" dropped it after the figures were already made. What they should do is a re-release of the super rare ones like White if Samurai continues to do well.

Last edited by Blade Raider; 09-08-2011 at 09:27 AM..
Blade Raider is offline   Reply With Quote