TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2012, 10:51 PM   #151
CreepySariFan
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleRylan View Post
Interesting. That thing about Jaga seems like it's begging to be explained later. Is he one of the original cats? Was he friends with Leo? Is he himself the one that put the spell on the Sword of Omens?
I watched the flashback sequence in the Journey to the Tower of Omens again. It almost looks like Jaga was the one writting in the speculated Book of Omens.
CreepySariFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:09 AM   #152
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleRylan View Post
I think the point being made is they were planning to save the slaves and defeat the rats already, and since the rats were the only ones who knew about it, if they stopped them, then they could have just left the sword there.
And my point is, after they defeated the rats, and freed the slaves in the mountain, and head on their merry little way that there would be NOTHING stopping Ratar-O from going back to the lizards, buying more slaves, and doing it all over agian.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:00 AM   #153
Sining
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSapphire View Post
Then how come more of the merchandising is centered around Askua?
No. Frigging. Way >_<

Actually, they seem to have equal amounts of merchandise.
Sining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:32 AM   #154
Mum Star
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 68
Let's not get into the Asuka/Rei debate. It drove me away from Eva for years.

Keeping on topic, leaving the sword would only make it a matter of time before Mumm-Ra found it. When he get's to it, he'd just have to start looking. Or someone working for Ratar-O would let it slip at the wrong time, and word would get back to Mumm-Ra. That's not to say that things couldn't go horribly wrong with them having the sword, but I can see why they took off with it.
Mum Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:33 AM   #155
Mum Star
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 68
Oops, double post. Sorry
Mum Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:59 AM   #156
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Come on, the writers wanted this. Could mummra break the curse on the sword?? He couldn't break the curse on the SoO. Would he be able to take the SoP out of the cave.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:27 AM   #157
fuukonomiko
Harbinger of Tiger Doom
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Wis-freakin-consin
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
Come on, the writers wanted this. Could mummra break the curse on the sword?? He couldn't break the curse on the SoO. Would he be able to take the SoP out of the cave.
If the Sword of Plundarr used to be his, there is always the chance it'll return to its master. Jaga was a great wizard, but he's not absolutely powerful. There is always the "What if?" and the cats didn't want to take that chance.
fuukonomiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:30 AM   #158
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuukonomiko View Post
If the Sword of Plundarr used to be his, there is always the chance it'll return to its master. Jaga was a great wizard, but he's not absolutely powerful. There is always the "What if?" and the cats didn't want to take that chance.
As someone brought up, I think mummra would want his SoP first then go after the SoO.

Why take the chance as you said with the cats. Mummra was overthrown by 2 cats and animals. He would be more careful this time.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:21 AM   #159
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 198
Saw the episode last night and I really enjoyed it. As I was watching I kept feeling like "man, this series is finaly on track!" Pumyra has been like a breathe of fresh air and I am hoping she sticks around for good, though I feel like Pumyra coming on to Lion-o came too quickly. Maybe in the next episode AFTER he pulled her from under that rock would have been better suited?

Things I liked:

The animation for Cheetara freeing the SoP.

Jaga fighting Ratilla was great. I marked out big time. Wish it would have been longer like his fight with Grune in "The Ghost Warrior".

Pumyra's hot headedness. It can get the cats in all sorts of trouble which will make things all the more interesting.

Rataro. I thought they did a great job with him and his swords were great nod to the original. I also liked that they made him an intellect.

Things I didn't like:

Not showing how Cheetara and Tygra got down to the bottom of the mine.

A little too much with Tygra and Cheetara already. It feels like it is being pushed on us.

The SoO not going into short sword mode after being knocked out of Lion-o's hand. Maybe I have just grown to expect that from TOS.

Yet another missed Thundercats Ho moment when Lion-O gets a hold of the SoO again during his fight with Rataro. Man I was so expecting it but again was left empty handed...

*Also the lack of Kit/Kat & Snarf making an appearance makes me believe they seperated from the other cats to go after Tookit and we will see them again in "The Forever Bag".

All in all a great episode and I am looking forward to next weeks episode which the series has finally started doing for me.
AlexofThundera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:57 AM   #160
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Planet of the Snarfs
Posts: 689
I wonder since the sword of plundar is made of evil magic if it corrupts anyone who touches it. I noticed that jaga didn't touch it and buried immediately but both cheetara and tygra touched it. Also I'm wondering if the the ancient spirits of evil gave tygra's father that whip.
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:10 AM   #161
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Planet of the Snarfs
Posts: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
And my point is, after they defeated the rats, and freed the slaves in the mountain, and head on their merry little way that there would be NOTHING stopping Ratar-O from going back to the lizards, buying more slaves, and doing it all over agian.
After defeating the rats they would have to destroy the whole mine like in ep 5 destroying probably many years of work that it took to dig them. Well at least that might of been a reason for mumm-ra to bring back the driller. If ratar-o wants to buy more slaves they most likely won't be cats because he doesn't want lion-o to come and beat him down again and the other animals aren't going to take that from ratar-o
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:12 AM   #162
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
I wonder since the sword of plundar is made of evil magic if it corrupts anyone who touches it. I noticed that jaga didn't touch it and buried immediately but both cheetara and tygra touched it. Also I'm wondering if the the ancient spirits of evil gave tygra's father that whip.
I think simply touching it isn't enough; You have to actually try and use it. That may be the case in the next episode, one of the cats attempts to use the sword in order to keep the lizards from getting it. My guess is Cheetara (based on cryptic comments made by the crew) and as a side effect she gains the "sixth sense" she had in the original series, which is why she considers it a curse.
SirSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:27 AM   #163
Sining
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 157
I'm reminded of diablo suddenly...where in the end, the main char thought the best way to prevent diablo from breaking free was to keep diablo with him at all times....and we all know how that turned out -_-
Sining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:20 AM   #164
DanaLynn
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sault Canada
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sining View Post
I'm reminded of diablo suddenly...where in the end, the main char thought the best way to prevent diablo from breaking free was to keep diablo with him at all times....and we all know how that turned out -_-
Yes! We got a second great game, with Diablo II!
DanaLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:11 PM   #165
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
As someone brought up, I think mummra would want his SoP first then go after the SoO.

Why take the chance as you said with the cats. Mummra was overthrown by 2 cats and animals. He would be more careful this time.
He wanted the stones more than he wanted the SoP. And he most likely figured if he had the SoO he wouldn't need the SoP. Afterall the Sword of Omens was made from the same type of material as the SoP and unlike the SoP it acutally still had a stone inside it.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:12 PM   #166
Thunderian scholar
Jaga's disciple
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Thundera
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexofThundera View Post
Things I didn't like:
Yet another missed Thundercats Ho moment when Lion-O gets a hold of the SoO again during his fight with Rataro. Man I was so expecting it but again was left empty handed...
He was about to call the power of the SoO, but was knocked down by Ratar-O
Thunderian scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:16 PM   #167
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
After defeating the rats they would have to destroy the whole mine like in ep 5 destroying probably many years of work that it took to dig them. Well at least that might of been a reason for mumm-ra to bring back the driller. If ratar-o wants to buy more slaves they most likely won't be cats because he doesn't want lion-o to come and beat him down again and the other animals aren't going to take that from ratar-o
The cats didn't destroy the mine in episode 5. The Driller did. There's really no indication yet that they have the firepower to destroy the whole mountain like that.

And even if Ratar-O got some different species than cats to look for the sword again, do you really think the Tcats want him doing it? Take away the thing he's searching for and you take away the reason he was buying slaves in the first place.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:09 PM   #168
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderian scholar View Post
He was about to call the power of the SoO, but was knocked down by Ratar-O
I'm talking about when Mordax first tosses the sword back to him.
AlexofThundera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #169
Vanishing Point
tigershark
Join Date: May 2012
Location: On the Horizon, TEXAS
Posts: 2
I would think with a title like "birth of the blades" it'll be primarily a flashback, probably showing Bengali forging SoO.

Like a few others I've read I feel that while Lion-O is showing more power in his attacks but his swordmanship is heavily lacking since the drifter... and he relys too heavily on his candy sheild

Panthro aside from a single punch has done nothing since going stretch armstrong in new alliances

Pumyra with the slaves freed and rescued hopefully will drop the "You don't know it didn't happen to you" attitude soon

Line of the show folks: "uh could you start with me, He needs to figure out a way to get us out of this..."
Vanishing Point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:59 PM   #170
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Planet of the Snarfs
Posts: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
The cats didn't destroy the mine in episode 5. The Driller did. There's really no indication yet that they have the firepower to destroy the whole mountain like that.

And even if Ratar-O got some different species than cats to look for the sword again, do you really think the Tcats want him doing it? Take away the thing he's searching for and you take away the reason he was buying slaves in the first place.
Yes the driller destroyed the mine I meant that they could've done the same. It didn't take much from the driller to destroy that mine and a few well placed land mines ( panthro seems to have a stash) would cause the tunnels to collapse. Ratar-o doesn't seem to have any tech so it would take years upon years to do it with manual slave labor. Thats why I said it would be a good reason for mumm-ra to bring the driller back.
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:05 PM   #171
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Planet of the Snarfs
Posts: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSapphire View Post
I think simply touching it isn't enough; You have to actually try and use it. That may be the case in the next episode, one of the cats attempts to use the sword in order to keep the lizards from getting it. My guess is Cheetara (based on cryptic comments made by the crew) and as a side effect she gains the "sixth sense" she had in the original series, which is why she considers it a curse.
Well if thats how she gets her sixth sense I wonder if she will be mentally linked with mumm-ra and have nightmares from his thoughts of enslaving the main cast of the show and have them change his bandages
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:20 PM   #172
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,267
Ya know....Everyone Assumes "Birth of the Blades" will explain the origins of the SoP and the SoO....but we've already seen the SoO being forged. And if it was only talking about the SoP why would blades be plural? Maybe that episode is explaining the origin of the Rat's Eyes instead. Of course that's just my "lets think of things that probably aren't true just to get people talking" sense tingling.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:50 PM   #173
Paul
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanishing Point View Post

Line of the show folks: "uh could you start with me, He needs to figure out a way to get us out of this..."
yes that was a corker!

actually, it was a bit of a Lion-O/Panthro double act at that point :0)
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:52 PM   #174
CCDustyV
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 145
I have a bad feeling... very bad feeling, and it's only partially about the army surrounding our feline heroes...

Tygra's eye quirks a lil when Lion O mentioned the Sword of Plundarr rivaled his own - check

overly romantic episode several episodes away from a season fanale - check

Cheetara issuing a warning that "this weapon was not meant to be used by a cat" - check

add all these factors up: Tygra's going to do something very, very stupid.

my own prediction for the next ep, Tygra's going to use the Sword and Claw of Plundarr and will end up corrupted, and it could also possibly lead to at least the beginnings of the end of the Ti/Chee relationship. which will coincide with Lion O hooking up with Pumyra, thus fulfilling to my earlier prediction of Cheetara getting a shock view of Lion O and Pumyra kissing like she and Tygra did way back in ep 13.

but beyond my predictions and theories, one thing for sure from that cliffhanger.

this is a big Uh Oh situation...
CCDustyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:46 PM   #175
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCDustyV View Post
I have a bad feeling... very bad feeling, and it's only partially about the army surrounding our feline heroes...

Tygra's eye quirks a lil when Lion O mentioned the Sword of Plundarr rivaled his own - check

overly romantic episode several episodes away from a season fanale - check

Cheetara issuing a warning that "this weapon was not meant to be used by a cat" - check

add all these factors up: Tygra's going to do something very, very stupid.

my own prediction for the next ep, Tygra's going to use the Sword and Claw of Plundarr and will end up corrupted, and it could also possibly lead to at least the beginnings of the end of the Ti/Chee relationship. which will coincide with Lion O hooking up with Pumyra, thus fulfilling to my earlier prediction of Cheetara getting a shock view of Lion O and Pumyra kissing like she and Tygra did way back in ep 13.

but beyond my predictions and theories, one thing for sure from that cliffhanger.

this is a big Uh Oh situation...
Mummra is about to open a can of WA, FINALLY! The cats have to get the elixir to stop him.

I am hoping in birth of the blades, we see the material that the swords come from.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #176
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCDustyV View Post

Tygra's eye quirks a lil when Lion O mentioned the Sword of Plundarr rivaled his own - check
It did? Are you sure? When I looked you can't even see Tygra when Lion-O says that.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:33 PM   #177
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
KaleRylan's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Imsil, South Korea
Posts: 178
Okay, as far as Ratar-o getting more slaves and finding the sword: the scene seems to suggest that Cheetara is the ONLY person who can even remove the sword because 'jaga's magic flows through her.' So, given the way it was shown, it does seem like they were dumb. They were the only people with the key to darkness, and they used it.

That said, this is one of those cases where I don't really care. We want the SoP in play, because it's cool and it's going to make cool things happen. I think they could have done it better or given a better explanation, but it's not that important.

And personally, I hope Tygra doesn't use the sword just because I'm tired of the rivalry and I feel it's been played out. I LIKE the Lion-o who's honestly trying to accept their relationship and the Tygra who gets his brother a little.

Plus, I think the idea of tying an OS thing like Cheetara's sixth sense into the new plot in this way is a great way to modernize one of the old ideas. I hope they do that. It also explains the 'curse' thing way better that the OS.
KaleRylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:44 PM   #178
fuukonomiko
Harbinger of Tiger Doom
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Wis-freakin-consin
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
It did? Are you sure? When I looked you can't even see Tygra when Lion-O says that.
Cheetara also said that the sword of Plundarr was not meant to be wielded by a Thundercat. Last I checked, Tygra is still a thundercat, a member of the tiger clan notwithstanding.

Even so, did you see the size of that thing? He couldn't put two hands in it. It will only likely fit on his head and drop on his shoulders. Not sure you can use it that way.
fuukonomiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:53 PM   #179
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuukonomiko View Post
Cheetara also said that the sword of Plundarr was not meant to be wielded by a Thundercat. Last I checked, Tygra is still a thundercat, a member of the tiger clan notwithstanding.
Yeah and? Cheetara, Pumyra, Lion-O, Panthro, Wily Kit, and Wily Kat are also all Thundercats?

I'm just saying as of right now there's no indication that Tygra plans on using it. Not saying that he won't, but the evidence that was quoted was not there. you can't see Tygra lift his eyebrows or give a look or whatever when you can't even see Tygra at all. You don't see him until Cheetara starts to go after the sword and he follows her.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:57 PM   #180
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
You can't see Tygra lift his eyebrows or give a look or whatever when you can't even see Tygra at all. You don't see him until Cheetara starts to go after the sword and he follows her.
And he goes with her not because of the sword, but because he wanted to score some alone time with his girlfriend.
SirSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:06 PM   #181
fuukonomiko
Harbinger of Tiger Doom
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Wis-freakin-consin
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
Yeah and? Cheetara, Pumyra, Lion-O, Panthro, Wily Kit, and Wily Kat are also all Thundercats?

I'm just saying as of right now there's no indication that Tygra plans on using it. Not saying that he won't, but the evidence that was quoted was not there. you can't see Tygra lift his eyebrows or give a look or whatever when you can't even see Tygra at all. You don't see him until Cheetara starts to go after the sword and he follows her.
Wow, I'm on your side dude. That's why I was saying that he probably won't be wielding that sword because he wasn't meant to since Thundercats can't and that its not going to fit anyway. I just happened to type under your quote and not the other guys (still getting used to these boards you know). I didn't see any facial expression changes on Tygra either.
fuukonomiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:08 PM   #182
CCDustyV
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 145
I saw an subtle eyebrow quirk when Lion O mentioned the sword, subtle, but it, followed by Tygra's jumping to follow Cheetara after it was a redflag to me. could be paranoid, but meh that's me... Though I will say, while I'm not a fan of the pairing, it is mighty nice of Tygra to remember he had a girlfriend after three or four eps with him hardly acknowledging that. (won't count the Kittens ep). Just saying, if they'd handle their pairing well, I could get behind it, but it's almost the worst romantic subplot I've seen. was tops till I saw saturday's Legend of Korra (really, that was it? REALLY?!)

As Just saying, that rivalry isn't going to end just because Tygra found out he's from a long line of jerks. Tygra's always wanted the Sword, it was made clear in the Astral Plane debackle the sword is what he wanted for YEARS, that won't just go away over night. And a throw down between the brothers with equally powerful swords would be a fine way to finally put this to a rest.

and also I might point out that overly romantic episodes between support characters usually lead to a break up or one of their deaths in most shows/animes... if they're going with that trope, I'd personally rather see a break up over Tygra or Cheetara pushing up daisies...

And for the record before I say this, while I still stand by my preference of Lion O/Cheetara I'm actually starting to like Pumyra with Lion O at least for now, always had a thing for spitfires personally, but there's just something not right with Tygra/Cheetara at least how they are here, it just, it's hard to really say, something doesn't feel 'kosher' there... but again, could be old anime paranoia.
CCDustyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:47 PM   #183
Eclipse
Witch Doctor
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Battle.net
Posts: 193
I wouldn't be averse to Tygra taking a dive into the Dark Side. But right now I don't see how: up to Ep. 13 he could have been an easy prey, but from the evening bell till now, even if he still wanted the crown (to a nonexistent kingdom, let's face it: Thundera is gone and stayiing gone for a while), he has more to lose than to gain from such a decision.

Crown, not sword, is what he had always wanted the most. He said so himself in Native Son. The sword would have been his ticket to the crown, but it did not choose him and he knows it will never fully work for him. It was a matter of jealousy, pure and simple. Now don't get all self-righteous on me: anyone with a sibling knows of jealousy.

If the SoP has the power to corrupt a soul -and it would be cool- then either Tygra or just anyone else would weild it out of desperation. Not for coveting a crown that exists in name only, not for a sword that won't work for them, just to try and save a dear one.

And there's the logical conclusion: he wouldn't stay in the Dark Side forever. Who would bring him back, if not for the two people who matter to him the most?

I don't actually think this would happen, but if it did, that's my take. I'd love to see that.

Oh, wait... I may be reading something incredibly similar somewhere. Or waiting to read it, since the author of that fic got sidetracked writing some first person POV oneshots... you know who you are miss Fuuko...
Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:01 PM   #184
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
KaleRylan's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Imsil, South Korea
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCDustyV View Post
I saw an subtle eyebrow quirk when Lion O mentioned the sword, subtle, but it, followed by Tygra's jumping to follow Cheetara after it was a redflag to me. could be paranoid, but meh that's me... Though I will say, while I'm not a fan of the pairing, it is mighty nice of Tygra to remember he had a girlfriend after three or four eps with him hardly acknowledging that. (won't count the Kittens ep). Just saying, if they'd handle their pairing well, I could get behind it, but it's almost the worst romantic subplot I've seen. was tops till I saw saturday's Legend of Korra (really, that was it? REALLY?!)

As Just saying, that rivalry isn't going to end just because Tygra found out he's from a long line of jerks. Tygra's always wanted the Sword, it was made clear in the Astral Plane debackle the sword is what he wanted for YEARS, that won't just go away over night. And a throw down between the brothers with equally powerful swords would be a fine way to finally put this to a rest.

and also I might point out that overly romantic episodes between support characters usually lead to a break up or one of their deaths in most shows/animes... if they're going with that trope, I'd personally rather see a break up over Tygra or Cheetara pushing up daisies...

And for the record before I say this, while I still stand by my preference of Lion O/Cheetara I'm actually starting to like Pumyra with Lion O at least for now, always had a thing for spitfires personally, but there's just something not right with Tygra/Cheetara at least how they are here, it just, it's hard to really say, something doesn't feel 'kosher' there... but again, could be old anime paranoia.
Like SirSapphire said, Tygra was pretty clear why he wanted to go with Cheetara, and it wasn't the sword. He wanted to spend time with her. Which was creepy. Are they going out of their way to present their relationship like some creepy watching your parents make out thing? They're so unnatural. I was a T/C supporter (for plot reasons more than 'shipping') and am glad of it, but it's just so weirdly done.

They might do this duel thing, but I don't want to see it, because different sword or no, it's functionally the same thing they did in the Astral Plane where the two of them fought with copies of the Sword of Omens.

You're right about anime, though I'm hoping they don't go that way here. The triangle was bad, let it die. Pumyra and Lion-o has been oddly fast, but if it breaks the triangle I'm all for it. Although I pray they don't start making all the weird innuendo like Tygra and Cheetara. I agree that they're showing their relationship very strangely if they plan to make it permanent. It's just being written in that standard 'destined to fail' way.

P.S. what was wrong with legend of Korra? It was definitely fast, but I assume that's because this first season is basically the original 12 episode mini-series.
KaleRylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:15 PM   #185
Eclipse
Witch Doctor
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Battle.net
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleRylan View Post
They might do this duel thing, but I don't want to see it, because different sword or no, it's functionally the same thing they did in the Astral Plane where the two of them fought with copies of the Sword of Omens.
My theory is that the SoP would be used against Mumm-Ra's army, not against the SoO. But it's just that, a theory, to toy a little with CC's idea.
Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:24 PM   #186
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleRylan View Post
Like SirSapphire said, Tygra was pretty clear why he wanted to go with Cheetara, and it wasn't the sword. He wanted to spend time with her. Which was creepy. Are they going out of their way to present their relationship like some creepy watching your parents make out thing? They're so unnatural. I was a T/C supporter (for plot reasons more than 'shipping') and am glad of it, but it's just so weirdly done.

They might do this duel thing, but I don't want to see it, because different sword or no, it's functionally the same thing they did in the Astral Plane where the two of them fought with copies of the Sword of Omens.

You're right about anime, though I'm hoping they don't go that way here. The triangle was bad, let it die. Pumyra and Lion-o has been oddly fast, but if it breaks the triangle I'm all for it. Although I pray they don't start making all the weird innuendo like Tygra and Cheetara. I agree that they're showing their relationship very strangely if they plan to make it permanent. It's just being written in that standard 'destined to fail' way.

P.S. what was wrong with legend of Korra? It was definitely fast, but I assume that's because this first season is basically the original 12 episode mini-series.
What's creepy about wanting to spend time with your girlfriend? It's not like he stalled the mission in order to make goo-goo eyes, they were still actively looking for the sword. It's not like Tygra put it on the back burner, he just got a little mushy with the one liners

I found it a bit corny, but not creepy. I found him turning out to be a cornball hilarious.

Care to shoot me some examples of this destined to fail trope? I watch anime, but apparently I don't watch enough. You know what, could it be something similar to the way Mako and Asami are unfolding on "Korra"? All the rubbing noses and the "sweety" stuff seems out of place in the Avatar world, but Sokka and Suki (original avatar series) were not immune to mushy romance either .

Last edited by Chique; 05-07-2012 at 11:36 PM..
Chique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:32 PM   #187
vantheman77
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 151
I doubt Tygra will try to wield the Sword of Plundarr as it's too big for him to fit in. He has that new whip from Native Son. However, I can see the Thundercats on the run with the Sword of Plundarr while Mumm-Ra and his army give chase in the next episode.
vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:51 AM   #188
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
KaleRylan's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Imsil, South Korea
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
What's creepy about wanting to spend time with your girlfriend? It's not like he stalled the mission in order to make goo-goo eyes, they were still actively looking for the sword. It's not like Tygra put it on the back burner, he just got a little mushy with the one liners

I found it a bit corny, but not creepy. I found him turning out to be a cornball hilarious.

Care to shoot me some examples of this destined to fail trope? I watch anime, but apparently I don't watch enough. You know what, could it be something similar to the way Mako and Asami are unfolding on "Korra"? All the rubbing noses and the "sweety" stuff seems out of place in the Avatar world, but Sokka and Suki (original avatar series) were not immune to mushy romance either .
Spending time with his girlfriend wasn't creepy it was the way it was done. And don't get too hung up on the word, I'm not trying to attack it seriously, I'm just saying the way they did it was weird. It sounded, and felt, like when your parents are romantic in front of you. You know what I mean? They make all these weird innuendos that you don't quite understand because you're a kid, but you SORT OF understand and it gives you the oogies to hear your parents talk about that?

That was the feeling I got. I'm not saying 'the writing was bad' or anything, it just was so corny to me that it was more embarrassing than endearing.
KaleRylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:18 AM   #189
Mum Star
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 68
Tigra needs to realize that being king can really suck. Sure it's fine if your kingdom is all great, and top of the world. But right now Thundara is gone. The Cat's scattered and enslaved. And whoever the king is, has to unite the races, beat Mumm-Ra, and then see about rebuilding. Basicly Lion-O is stuck with all the bad parts for being a king. Tigra isn't. So the question is if Tigra was king, could he shoulder that burden?
Mum Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:20 AM   #190
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleRylan View Post
Spending time with his girlfriend wasn't creepy it was the way it was done. And don't get too hung up on the word, I'm not trying to attack it seriously, I'm just saying the way they did it was weird. It sounded, and felt, like when your parents are romantic in front of you. You know what I mean? They make all these weird innuendos that you don't quite understand because you're a kid, but you SORT OF understand and it gives you the oogies to hear your parents talk about that?

That was the feeling I got. I'm not saying 'the writing was bad' or anything, it just was so corny to me that it was more embarrassing than endearing.
What I don't get is they (writers) are worried about saying Ho, but they had now problem having tygra say "Instead of doing it by yourself, why don't you do it with me".
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:23 AM   #191
Bill923
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 14
All in all the episode was great. I'm really looking forward to some more flash blacks about both swords. Doesn't it seem like the Spirit stone sure likes Lion-O. I think the Eye of Thundera is incomplete. Just a theory but I wonder if the stones get combined and create the real Eye.

Last edited by Bill923; 05-08-2012 at 08:32 AM..
Bill923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:26 AM   #192
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Planet of the Snarfs
Posts: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
Ya know....Everyone Assumes "Birth of the Blades" will explain the origins of the SoP and the SoO....but we've already seen the SoO being forged. And if it was only talking about the SoP why would blades be plural? Maybe that episode is explaining the origin of the Rat's Eyes instead. Of course that's just my "lets think of things that probably aren't true just to get people talking" sense tingling.
Isn't the sword of plundar two blades so it could be an ep showing how it was made
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:34 AM   #193
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Planet of the Snarfs
Posts: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mum Star View Post
Tigra needs to realize that being king can really suck. Sure it's fine if your kingdom is all great, and top of the world. But right now Thundara is gone. The Cat's scattered and enslaved. And whoever the king is, has to unite the races, beat Mumm-Ra, and then see about rebuilding. Basicly Lion-O is stuck with all the bad parts for being a king. Tigra isn't. So the question is if Tigra was king, could he shoulder that burden?
That would depend on the direction he wants to go because if he just wanted to be like ratilla it would be easy if you utilize either sword in that manner and rule. Hold a sec the sword of omens won't work for him hmm so that leaves the SoP we'll have to wait and see but as someone posted earlier we are all in for a real cliff hanger and someones face will be looking like lion -o's did all
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:40 AM   #194
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill923 View Post
All in all the episode was great. I'm really looking forward to some more flash blacks about both swords. Doesn't it seem like the Spirit stone sure likes Lion-O. I think the Eye of Thundera is incomplete. Just a theory but I wonder if the stones get combined and create the real Eye.
Good thought.

I don't think lion-o has unlocked the true power of the SoO.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:40 AM   #195
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Planet of the Snarfs
Posts: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantheman77 View Post
I doubt Tygra will try to wield the Sword of Plundarr as it's too big for him to fit in. He has that new whip from Native Son. However, I can see the Thundercats on the run with the Sword of Plundarr while Mumm-Ra and his army give chase in the next episode.
The gauntlet is too big but he should be able to use the sword of plundar if he wanted to. Also since its a magical metal maybe it can conform to the size the hand that is using it, Claudis was much bigger then lion-o and the gauntlet fits like a glove (no pun intended )
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:43 AM   #196
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
That would depend on the direction he wants to go because if he just wanted to be like ratilla it would be easy if you utilize either sword in that manner and rule. Hold a sec the sword of omens won't work for him hmm so that leaves the SoP we'll have to wait and see but as someone posted earlier we are all in for a real cliff hanger and someones face will be looking like lion -o's did all
I would like that.

I want to see another L/T fight. Tygra has beaten lion-o 3 times. Lion-o is due.

That would be awesome Tygra with the SoP and Lion-o with the SoO.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:44 AM   #197
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Planet of the Snarfs
Posts: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuukonomiko View Post
Cheetara also said that the sword of Plundarr was not meant to be wielded by a Thundercat. Last I checked, Tygra is still a thundercat, a member of the tiger clan notwithstanding.

Even so, did you see the size of that thing? He couldn't put two hands in it. It will only likely fit on his head and drop on his shoulders. Not sure you can use it that way.
"Not meant to be wielded by a thundercat" doesn't mean it can't be wielded by a thundercat
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:45 AM   #198
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
"Not meant to be wielded by a thundercat" doesn't mean it can't be wielded by a thundercat
Do you think that might be a hint.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:20 AM   #199
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 198
I have to agree with those who say the Tygra / Cheetara relationship felt "forced" in this episode. It was kind of like that "oh jeez..." feeling you get when you see two really mushy people all over each other. Reminds me of that episode of Seinfeld "No, your sshmoopie!". lol

Tygra using the SoP is an interesting idea but I don't think it will happen. I feel like we already had the Tygra / Lion-o fued. I don't want to watch that again. At least not at this point in the series.

The interesting thing is Mordax tells Rataro that all those who seek the SoP are destined to die, and Rataro confirms its true. Will this not affect Tygra and/or Cheetara since they volunteered?

On a side note when Cheetara tells Pumyra she can't imagine being a slave, Pumyra says "try living it". Seems she was a slave of the rats for months. I am thinking Dobo would visit the mines and purchase the strongest cats from Rataro for use in the pit.
AlexofThundera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:30 AM   #200
Eclipse
Witch Doctor
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Battle.net
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantheman77 View Post
I doubt Tygra will try to wield the Sword of Plundarr as it's too big for him to fit in. He has that new whip from Native Son. However, I can see the Thundercats on the run with the Sword of Plundarr while Mumm-Ra and his army give chase in the next episode.
I understand the gauntlet being too big, but the sword? You don't need to be wearing the gauntlet to unsheath it and use it... unless I need to watch it again and see something I have missed.

In any case, it was all about exploring what could happen given CC's premise, with no certain basis that something like that is actually going to happen.
Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thundercats Episode 14 New Alliances Discussion Joe Moore Thundercats Cartoons 739 07-04-2012 03:31 PM
Thundercats Episode 17 Native Son Discussion Thread Joe Moore Thundercats Cartoons 215 04-23-2012 09:56 AM
Thundercats Episode 1 & 2 Discussion Joe Moore Thundercats Cartoons 190 11-27-2011 02:22 AM
Thundercats Episode 7 - Legacy Discussion Tony_Bacala Thundercats Cartoons 122 11-27-2011 02:03 AM
Thundercats Episode 5 - Old Friends Discussion Joe Moore Thundercats Cartoons 79 08-24-2011 07:06 PM

 

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS