TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > Thundercats Collecting > Thundercats Sightings

Old 02-05-2011, 09:40 PM   #1
Tony_Bacala
Cornelius Tunar FTW
Use this thread to post what you find, and where! Let your fellow collectors know what's up. Minor local discussion is ok, but try to keep it focused on the toys and finding them locally.
Tony_Bacala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:00 PM   #2
Ben_Gali
Thunder Kitty
I just wanted to let all you NY'ers know that there is jack squat in the Capital Region.
Ben_Gali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 05:15 PM   #3
Fuzz
Thunder Kitty
Been checking Kmart, Target, Walmart, and TRU in the Buffalo area for the last three days. NOTHING!

Although, the West Seneca Kmart has completely cleared out the aisle next to the action figure aisle and have a sign up at the top that says "Action Figures". I think they're getting ready to stock some new stuff soon!
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:21 PM   #4
Ben_Gali
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Been checking Kmart, Target, Walmart, and TRU in the Buffalo area for the last three days. NOTHING!

Although, the West Seneca Kmart has completely cleared out the aisle next to the action figure aisle and have a sign up at the top that says "Action Figures". I think they're getting ready to stock some new stuff soon!
One can only hope. Over the weekend while I was out and about I hit two Targets, a Wal-Mart, K-Mart, two TRU... and nothing TC related on the shelves at all.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:23 AM   #5
Fuzz
Thunder Kitty
I'll be checking Lancaster Kmart, Kohls, Target, and Walmart tonight. I'll post ASAP if I find anything.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:35 PM   #6
Fuzz
Thunder Kitty
Nothing in Lancaster.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:50 PM   #7
soundwave810
Thunder Kitty
Rego Park/ Long Island City TRUs have the Thundertank, Sword of Omens and Claw Shield on the shelves!
soundwave810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:34 AM   #8
Fuzz
Thunder Kitty
Severely annoyed! Been visiting the West Seneca Kmart the last few days to check that toy aisle they cleared out. As of yesterday, it is now full of little kid toys. I asked the guy stocking why they hung a sign in the aisle that says "action figures." He said that shouldn't have been placed there.

DAMMIT!

Last edited by Fuzz; 08-10-2011 at 08:51 AM..
Old 08-10-2011, 07:22 PM   #9
Fuzz
Thunder Kitty
Blasdell TRU was fully stocked with everything today - characters, tank, sword, etc. Unfortunately, we grabbed the only Panthro, Cheetara, Wilykit, and Wilykat left.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0238[1].jpg
Views:	20
Size:	421.2 KB
ID:	534
Old 08-11-2011, 11:58 AM   #10
HIS616infernal
Thunder Kitty
man im gonna hve to start looking cant wait to grab the figures!!!
ill post stuff to if i find anything in the buffalo area.
HIS616infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:09 PM   #11
Fuzz
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIS616infernal View Post
man im gonna hve to start looking cant wait to grab the figures!!!
ill post stuff to if i find anything in the buffalo area.
If you find anything at a store other than TRU, let me know what the price was for the deluxe 4" figures. TRU is charging $15. Kmart.com has them listed at I think $12.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:15 PM   #12
HIS616infernal
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
If you find anything at a store other than TRU, let me know what the price was for the deluxe 4" figures. TRU is charging $15. Kmart.com has them listed at I think $12.
will do man$15 so much for a deluxe wow lol ive seriously not seen anything yet...
Old 08-12-2011, 01:50 PM   #13
Fist Pounder
Thunder Kitty
If anyone is familiar with Albany I went to my local Toys R us in queensbury where they had the Sword of Omens claw shield and Thundertank toys.

I am not a fan of role play items but The Thundertank is mine. They said there expecting more next week so hopefully I add some more acton figures to my thundercats shelfs.

The new thundertank looks great next to my original I found at a arage sale in not great but i think displayable condition
Fist Pounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 04:20 PM   #14
Ben_Gali
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist Pounder View Post
If anyone is familiar with Albany I went to my local Toys R us in queensbury where they had the Sword of Omens claw shield and Thundertank toys.

I am not a fan of role play items but The Thundertank is mine. They said there expecting more next week so hopefully I add some more acton figures to my thundercats shelfs.

The new thundertank looks great next to my original I found at a arage sale in not great but i think displayable condition
Glad to hear that they are finally showing up in the Capital Region. I was looking at some Targets/TRU/K&Wal-Marts last week in my travels and found squadouche.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:59 AM   #15
Fuzz
Thunder Kitty
Kmart in West Seneca had a small amount of stuff in stock, yesterday. 6" figures only, thundertank, and Sword of Omens.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:51 PM   #16
Fuzz
Thunder Kitty
Update on West Seneca Kmart. They now have 4" basic figures in stock.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:22 AM   #17
HIS616infernal
Thunder Kitty
Nice! im gonna hve to go check out kmart. picked up the last mum-ra 4" at TRU in blasdell. all they have left there are thundertank and sword of omens.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:07 AM   #18
Killingrrrrrr
Thunder Kitty
I’m a little late to the party, but the TRU in Times Square got their first shipment of 4" and 6" figures last Saturday. They also have the roll-playing toys as well as the Thundertank and mini-vehicles. (Still have my eyes peeled for the deluxe 4" and 6" classics).

The nice thing about this location is that when they get something in stock, they get a LOT of it. Still, there were only two Cheetaras out of an entire endcap of figures, so grab wisely!

The store clerk told me that they get calls every single day about the toys, so it would seem Bandai has a hit on its hands.
Killingrrrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:35 AM   #19
Fist Pounder
Thunder Kitty
Just got back from k mart in the capital region.

They had all of the 6 inch figures, thundertank, mummy mummra, tygra, and Liono.

I picked up the 4 inch liono mummy mummra and the last 6 inch mummra

GOing to check toys r us on wednesday and thursday Im really hoping for the lizard cannon and 4 inch panthro
Old 08-16-2011, 12:24 PM   #20
Ben_Gali
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Just got back from k mart in the capital region.

They had all of the 6 inch figures, thundertank, mummy mummra, tygra, and Liono.

I picked up the 4 inch liono mummy mummra and the last 6 inch mummra

GOing to check toys r us on wednesday and thursday Im really hoping for the lizard cannon and 4 inch panthro
Hey FP, where in the capital region? The TRU on Wolf Rd had the various sized Sword of Omens as well as the Thundertank however either the figures were wiped out already or they hadn't made their way out of the storeroom.
Old 08-16-2011, 02:39 PM   #21
Fist Pounder
Thunder Kitty
The Kmart in glens falls its near queensbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_Gali View Post
Hey FP, where in the capital region? The TRU on Wolf Rd had the various sized Sword of Omens as well as the Thundertank however either the figures were wiped out already or they hadn't made their way out of the storeroom.
Old 08-16-2011, 02:42 PM   #22
Fist Pounder
Thunder Kitty
Wolf road is in albany so the toys r us in queensbury had the same things however the figures didint get wiped out i was told that was all they had but either tommorow or thursday they will be getting a shipment in, at the moment ive got my sights set on lizard cannon and a 4 inch panthro

Quote:
Old 08-16-2011, 04:01 PM   #23
NYrat77
Thunder Kitty
Thanks for the heads up. I picked up a set of 4" including 2 cheetaras at the Times Square Toys R Us.

But how rare is this! You should be able to spot the mistake immediately. I didn't even realize it till after I bought it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20110816_165052.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	614.7 KB
ID:	571
NYrat77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 04:07 PM   #24
Fist Pounder
Thunder Kitty
Thats a wilykit action figure but it features wilykats picture?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYrat77 View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I picked up a set of 4" including 2 cheetaras at the Times Square Toys R Us.

But how rare is this! You should be able to spot the mistake immediately. I didn't even realize it till after I bought it.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:29 PM   #25
NYrat77
Thunder Kitty
Yup! That is wilykit on a wilykat card. Really hoping that's a rare mistake.
However, now i have to go back and get another wilykit to actually open and display.

Quote:
Thats a wilykit action figure but it features wilykats picture?
Old 08-18-2011, 10:14 AM   #26
Fist Pounder
Thunder Kitty
Thundercats out in full throttle

Toys R us in Queensbury had

4 inch figures
Liono
Panthro
Tygra
Cheetara
Wilykit
Wilykat
Mummra

Deluxe 4 inch
Liono
Mummra
Grune The Destroyer

6 inch figures
Liono
Panthro
Mummra

Classics
Liono
Tygra

Vehicles
Thundertank(saw and grabbed there last week)
Thunder racers Liono and Tygra
Lizard Cannon with Lizard

I grabbed the lizard cannon and 4 inch tygra panthro cheetara wily kat and kit.

Also I would like to note that ive been keeping tabs on toys r us since last week and while they got a shipment yesterday it didint make it to shelves until today and I see alot of you saying they picked up the last wilykat kit panthro or cheetara.

I think they may be packing these one to a case as I only saw one each but there where a bunch of Lionos and mummras.

So today was a good day
Old 08-20-2011, 02:32 PM   #27
alanmoni
alanmoni
Walmart has started putting Thundercats items on the shelves. The store in Hamburg, NY had Classics Lion-O and Tygra and all the new Thundercats, including Cheetara, Panthro, Wilykit, and Wilykat. I was ecstatic to finally get these, especially after having bad luck with Kmart and Toys R Us for the last few weeks!
alanmoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 04:24 PM   #28
Killingrrrrrr
Thunder Kitty
Hit the Times Square TRU again this morning and found they had moved the ‘cats to a more prominent display area right in front of the escalators. Two columns of Third Earth goodness!

The entire line is now available, though it was a bit picked-over (no classic Lion-O’s left for me, just a dozen or so Tygras --but hey, at least they’re selling well!) Picked up the deluxe 4" figures (Grune seems to be the short pack) and noted that Cheetara and the kittens are still the rare grab as there were none to be found on the pegs.

Now that everything is finally available, is it wrong to now want a new wave of figures? Definitely need to see Claudus, Jaga, and Slithe on the pegs...
Killingrrrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:33 PM   #29
OutRunDayLight
Thunder Kitty
A quick run down for those in the Westchester Area (as of last Friday)

- White Plains Toys R Us - They only had the Mega Scale Lion-O, a few of the Claw Shields, various Swords of Omens, and Thundertanks. No 6-Inch, 4-Inch or Classics

- White Plains Target and Walmart - Nothing at all

- FAO Schwarz in Manhattan - They had a bunch of Cheetara and Wily Kit /Kat figures, lots of Mumm Ra, and I believe I saw a Pantro in 4-inch. A few Lion-Os in 4 and 6 Inch. and they did have a ridiculous number of Tygra and Lion-O classics. HOWEVER, they are charging about $28 or $29 for the classics.
OutRunDayLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:44 PM   #30
Ben_Gali
Thunder Kitty
Well the TRU on Wolf Rd has little to nothing... the Target in Colonie has nothing... and so I had to venture to the K-mart on Central Ave where I struck gold! A 4 in Lion-O and Tygra. Sweet Xmas ... these seem harder to find than a suitcase full of crisp clean $100 bills.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:43 AM   #31
Fist Pounder
Thunder Kitty
Have you seen thundercats collectors? last week was great but this week the collectors walk in and out of tru kmart walmart and target with suit cases full of crisp clean 100 dollar bills for lack of having to spend them

Quote:
Well the TRU on Wolf Rd has little to nothing... the Target in Colonie has nothing... and so I had to venture to the K-mart on Central Ave where I struck gold! A 4 in Lion-O and Tygra. Sweet Xmas ... these seem harder to find than a suitcase full of crisp clean $100 bills.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:07 PM   #32
Jlogano20
Thunder Kitty
geneseo walmart has all of the 4 inchs all of the classic 8 inchs and just about everything else
Jlogano20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:05 PM   #33
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
"For Thundera!

We have a Thunderian mission for you East Coast fans if you are willing to accept it!

Being as we live and work on the show here in California and Japan, we heard that the Times Square Toy’s R’ Us has a big Thundercats toy display going right now. We are looking for one Thunderian warrior willing enough to snap some photos of it for us.

What we give you in return is nothing more than our appreciatio….Screw it. We’ll give you a poster with the crews autograph how’s that sound? HO!"

Thundercats Crew Blog, For Thundera!
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:18 PM   #34
NYrat77
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
"For Thundera!

We have a Thunderian mission for you East Coast fans if you are willing to accept it!

Being as we live and work on the show here in California and Japan, we heard that the Times Square Toy’s R’ Us has a big Thundercats toy display going right now. We are looking for one Thunderian warrior willing enough to snap some photos of it for us.

What we give you in return is nothing more than our appreciatio….Screw it. We’ll give you a poster with the crews autograph how’s that sound? HO!"

Thundercats Crew Blog, For Thundera!

Here's a few for you.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2357.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	378.5 KB
ID:	637Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2348.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	355.9 KB
ID:	638Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2354.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	471.3 KB
ID:	639Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2355.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	458.6 KB
ID:	640Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2367.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	389.4 KB
ID:	641

Name:	IMG_2347.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	224.3 KB
ID:	642Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2365.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	270.6 KB
ID:	643Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2362.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	287.4 KB
ID:	644
Old 08-31-2011, 11:49 AM   #35
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
oh man! thats awesome!
IndyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:28 PM   #36
RedEyes
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYrat77 View Post
Here's a few for you.
So sweet! Love it when they make it look presentable. Definitely helps the appeal. Now I'm gonna have to hit the city one day soon!

As for sightings, Carle Place TRU had the Tower of Omens. There may have been 2.

Last edited by RedEyes; 08-31-2011 at 08:30 PM..
RedEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:43 PM   #37
poisoncow
Thunder Kitty
I've found a ton of the new ones at the Wal-Mart on Niagara Falls Blvd in Buffalo. Still no Classics yet (ordered them through BBTS though), TRU on the Blvd also had the 24" Lion-O
poisoncow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 02:28 AM   #38
PANTHRO HOOO
Thunderian Commoner
Dutchess county sucks
PANTHRO HOOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 04:10 PM   #39
PANTHRO HOOO
Thunderian Commoner
I take it back. Tons of stuff at toys r us in poughkeepsie.

Sword of omens
Sword of omens dlx
Claw
Thunder tank
Temple of omens
All main cats in 4 inch
Lizard cannon
Tygra with vehicle
Oversized lion o figure
Mumra 4 inch
Couple of 6 inch cats and 1 6b inch Mumra
PANTHRO HOOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:11 PM   #40
poisoncow
Thunder Kitty
Saw Classics Lion-O and Tygra at the Wal Mart on Niagara Falls blvd in Amherst/Buffalo
poisoncow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 03:22 PM   #41
Jlogano20
Thunder Kitty
webster walmart has a fresh 4 inch restock
Old 09-18-2011, 08:04 AM   #42
Jlogano20
Thunder Kitty
webster and victor kmart both got restocks of the deluxe 4 inchs both have 1 grune
Old 09-18-2011, 08:13 AM   #43
Ben_Gali
Thunder Kitty
Those of you in the Capital Region, the WM in Albany seemed to have a pretty good stock. I snagged a Panthro and Cheetara! Get them while you can.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:17 PM   #44
Bionic Commando
Thunder Kitty
The new 6" Classics are in at Fishkill Walmart.They had 2 cases on the pallet last night I grabbed a Lion-O

Bionic Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:40 AM   #45
Robogeek1973
Thunder Kitty
Rotterdam Wal-mart has three 6 inch Cheetaras, two 4 inch Mumm-ras, one 4 inch Claudus, and two of Mumm-ra's tank thingys.
Robogeek1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:30 PM   #46
Jlogano20
Thunder Kitty
hennrietta WM has some 6 inch cheetaras

geneseo walmart has the armor of omens
Old 01-22-2012, 09:38 PM   #47
Fuzz
Thunder Kitty
Found the new 4" Panthro (metal arms) at Hamburg Walmart. There was only one left.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:37 AM   #48
Jlogano20
Thunder Kitty
found the 4 inch wave 2 at macedon walmart
Old 03-04-2013, 08:51 AM   #49
Fuzz
Thunder Kitty
This is kind of an odd sighting. I was at a local Chucky Cheese over the weekend, and look what was sitting up on the prize shelf!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	cc.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	562.8 KB
ID:	1530