TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 08-05-2011, 07:01 AM   #1
Joe Moore
Administrator
Use this thread to discuss the third episode of Thundercats titled "Ramlak rising".

For preview clips, check Here.
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:56 AM   #2
Tony_Bacala
Cornelius Tunar FTW
Looking forward to it. This has taken over my Smallville "excited its Friday" slot. (Yes, I said Smallville). .

Haven't watched the promos, trying to stay spoiler free.
Tony_Bacala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:03 PM   #3
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Definitely looking forward to it. Out of curiosity, does anybody know when/if the episodes will be re-airing? (just in-case I miss one, and want to watch it on TV, rather than resorting to online options).
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:40 PM   #4
nitewing73
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_Bacala View Post
Looking forward to it. This has taken over my Smallville "excited its Friday" slot. (Yes, I said Smallville). .

Haven't watched the promos, trying to stay spoiler free.
Your not the only one Tony. I've been looking for a show to replace Smallville. Hope it lasts as long as Smallville's 10 seasons.
nitewing73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:49 PM   #5
Joe Moore
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
Definitely looking forward to it. Out of curiosity, does anybody know when/if the episodes will be re-airing? (just in-case I miss one, and want to watch it on TV, rather than resorting to online options).
They haven't been re-running them.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:37 PM   #6
Beej B
Loves the new show!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Moore View Post
Really? That is ridiculous! They need to be pushing it with repeats at every turn! WTH, CN!?

That said, so stoked for tonight's new episode. Gonna re-watch the 2-part opener before it hits!
Beej B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 01:54 PM   #7
omens619
Thunder Kitty
Yeah, they haven't re-aired it at lot, I was lucky I found it on Fios video on demand
omens619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:19 PM   #8
bradpinder
Thunder Kitty
I am totally loving this toon, i was a huge fan of the original, and this one has hit all the right spots.

Im so jealous that I dont get the cartoon network here in canada. Online searching is how I saw the first episode... ok a little shady way to watch... but what choice do i have?
bradpinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:50 PM   #9
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Moore View Post
That's too bad. I hope they start to do so. Would be nice not to have to resort to the internet to keep up with new episodes. I'm confident I'll see most of the episodes when they first air, but I"m also confident I'll miss at least some of them.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:37 PM   #10
DESTRO
Overlord Of Evil
Quote:
They are on-demand under kids-cartoon network. Watch them when ever you want.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:54 PM   #11
xhavoc86
Thunder Kitty
30 more minutes till it airs for me
xhavoc86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 07:59 PM   #12
DESTRO
Overlord Of Evil
So a group of fish that live on an island of water in the middle of a sea of sand. Nice concept.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:01 PM   #13
Lord Lion O
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by DESTRO View Post
So a group of fish that live on an island of water in the middle of a sea of sand. Nice concept.

Agreed!
Lord Lion O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:06 PM   #14
Jack-Pumpkinhead
Thunderan Thespian
SPOILERS AHEAD. YE'VE BEEN WARNED

OK, that was amazing! The thunderkittens have actually proven themselves useful, and they are just so darn cute!! I love them trying to sway Lion-O with the cutesy-meowing. These fish-people are awesome, I hope we get to see them again. And Mumm-Ra continues to be scary without resorting to his ever-living form. Acting and animation still superb. And that mournful tune Kit played, very well-done. I cant wait for next week!
Jack-Pumpkinhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:24 PM   #15
Hyper Jaguar
Thunder Kitty
Great Episode. I liked how the Wilys were introduced.

5/5
Hyper Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:43 PM   #16
Joe Moore
Administrator
Thundercats Episode 3 Ramlak Rising Review
Old 08-05-2011, 08:50 PM   #17
Lord Lion O
Thunder Kitty
Anybody else notice that they were using Larry Kenny's...thundercats ho! Coming off commercial back into the show....SWEET!
Old 08-05-2011, 09:16 PM   #18
Lord Lion O
Thunder Kitty
My only complaint is CN keeps advertising adventure time during thundercats!
Old 08-05-2011, 10:11 PM   #19
Beej B
Loves the new show!!!
Fantastic third episode. That somber melody WilyKit played at the beginning was so incredibly moving - you could really feel the sense of heavy loss lingering before the survivors moved on. Beautiful.

Loved the obvious nods to Moby Dick and even PotC: Dead Man's Chest. Great little touches throughout. Amazing scenic backdrops in this one, too. All the lush surroundings and treacherous terrain leading to the Sand Sea was superb.

Anyone else catch the Wilhelm scream @ 7:41-42? LMAO!!!

Friedle continues to impress as Lion-O here - the gravitas he's giving the character, especially after the events of the opening 2-parter, is extremely well done. The rage and anger boiling inside him, along with his drive to still prove he's twice the man Tygra is - perfectly delivered. And of course, having him see the error of his ways by the haphazard actions and fate of the Captain was nicely carried out. Despite this though, he's clearly becoming the fearless warrior he must be to fulfill his destiny, and to avenge his father.

Great lines in this one as well. "Just so you know, we're not following you - you're just walking in front of us!" LOL - awesome. "The food's fightin' better than YOU!" LMAO!!! And the first mate's reaction to hearing he could easily become dinner was priceless.

Loved the scenes with the Kittens and the creepy chef. Sure got more than he bargained for trying to fatten them up, lol.

And poor Jaga. Mumm-ra was really laying into him. That must've been some seriously effed up and evil mojo in that lantern - Jaga lasted no time whatsoever in breaking. They are really building up Mumm-ra nicely. That first full transformation is gonna be HUGE when we finally get to it.

Can't wait for next week's!
Old 08-05-2011, 10:16 PM   #20
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Definitely a great episode. Would've posted right after the episode, but got caught up in other things. The fishmen gave me a Berserkers vibe. Though with their former captain's death, I foresee them being allies rather than enemies. I really liked their ship. It's a shame it was destroyed. Looked like a big wooden narwhal to me.

Lion-O's rage was interesting, and considering what he just went through, understandable. It's nice to see him actually learning some lessons, and growing into his leadership position.

The twins were really good, and it's nice to see how they teemed-up with the others. They really are the annoying little siblings to the others, who always want to spend time with their older siblings no matter what the situation is (I've got a good friend with a younger brother like that).

Snarf was, again, very enjoyable in this episode. There was at least once where it almost sounded like he said snarf, but in his more cat-like meow sounds. I'm really hoping he gets a plush, and a 4" scaled figure released outside of the Thundertank. By any chance, is there anybody who has/is going to get the Thundertank, but doesn't want Snarf? (hint, hint, I'll take him off your hands )

The bit at the end with Mumm-Ra, Grune, and Jaga was unexpected and really nice. Was interesting to see that Jaga is alive. Was also really nice to see Mumm-Ra's pyramid. It's different, but it's actually more accurate than I thought it would be. Really the only missing bits are his cauldron and his tomb (though that could just be in another part of the pyramid).

Only disappointing thing, for me, was the lack of an intro sequence. The little bit of an intro it had was nice, but wasn't much. Though this does have one benefit to it. The lack of a traditional intro sequence leaves just a little bit more room for actual episode content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESTRO View Post
They are on-demand under kids-cartoon network. Watch them when ever you want.
Don't have it=can't us it.

Last edited by Ravenxl7; 08-05-2011 at 10:27 PM..
Old 08-05-2011, 10:49 PM   #21
Tony_Bacala
Cornelius Tunar FTW
Dug the ep. However, wasn't as wowed as last week. I know it's hard to match those first 2, as that was basically a movie.

Characters seemed a bit campy, forced. As was lion-o's narrow minded tone that magically got resolved by the end of ep.

This is all just fanboy bitching and moaning tho. It's still better than 90% of toon tv out there. .

Bring on ep 4!
Old 08-05-2011, 11:26 PM   #22
GK Punk
Your Straight Edge Savior
Well the Twins sold me this ep totally. I loved them so much that all the shows faults I could look past easily. (Such as Lion O's focus on revenge.)
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 12:24 AM   #23
LXL Guy
Thunder Kitty
Was there an actual opening now that they've shown episode 3?
LXL Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 12:33 AM   #24
xhavoc86
Thunder Kitty
I'm liking this series a lot more than I initially thought I would.

I'm still not sold on the character designs, but the animation is superb. The story was a bit random in my opinion, it felt like filler, but it introduced the two siblings so that's something. The episode kinda reminded me of Pirates of Dark Water lol

Can't wait to see how Panthro will be introduced. (and Lynx-O, Pumyra and Bengali too of course...eventually...i hope... lol)

EDIT: LXL Guy. That's a good question, I saw the episode from start to finish but I can't for the life of me remember if there was an opening or not. Sorry.

Last edited by xhavoc86; 08-06-2011 at 12:35 AM..
xhavoc86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 12:36 AM   #25
GK Punk
There was not an opening clip this week.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:36 AM   #26
Tony_Bacala
Cornelius Tunar FTW
The voice acting for the kids reminds me of Peanuts cartoons from back in the day.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:22 AM   #27
GK Punk
I stand corrected, there was a quick 7 second intro that featured the song played on the KidsWB game, and the Thundercats logo and a shot of Lion O doing site beyond site.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:22 AM   #28
Beej B
Loves the new show!!!
Quote:
I really liked their ship. It's a shame it was destroyed. Looked like a big wooden narwhal to me.
It also kinda reminded me of Jabba's Sail Barge a little bit, at least from certain shots and angles.

Quote:
Only disappointing thing, for me, was the lack of an intro sequence. The little bit of an intro it had was nice, but wasn't much. Though this does have one benefit to it. The lack of a traditional intro sequence leaves just a little bit more room for actual episode content.
Yeah, I was a little disappointed it didn't have a full intro as well, but like you said, it just leaves more time for the episode itself. Still, something retro-cool like the MOTU revival show's intro (that took some nods from the original MOTU series intro) might have been neat here as well. But in a way, the simple intro card works too, I guess. Strikes a more serious and epic tone, to an extent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhavoc86 View Post
The episode kinda reminded me of Pirates of Dark Water lol
LOL, I thought that too. Guess it's kind of unavoidable.

And I forgot to mention this earlier, but I guess "Whiskers" is becoming to TC 2011 what "Scrap" is to TF Prime, eh? LOL
Old 08-06-2011, 01:50 AM   #29
JASONKAT
Thunder Kitty
Anybody know where i can watch this show cause i missed it tonight,
So anybody have a link i can watch it on since tv doesnt have reruns yet. thanxs!
JASONKAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 02:46 AM   #30
dolza_khyron
Thunder Kitty
i totally love it! love the thunderkittens most!

also i want toys of the fish people, especially the captain!

make it happen bandai!

and also, a toy of the boat too! both that big boat, and the boat the cats sail off on at the end.
dolza_khyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 03:04 AM   #31
BB Shockwave
Thunder Kitty
Download links:

Thundercats S01E03 - Ramlak Rising (180 MB)

Thundercats S01E03 - Ramlak Rising (HD, 670 MB)
BB Shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 03:05 AM   #32
wizzra
Thunder Kitty
it was an "OK" episode... nothing exciting of any sort ..
wizzra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 04:36 AM   #33
Blade Raider
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolza_khyron View Post
also i want toys of the fish people, especially the captain!

make it happen bandai!

and also, a toy of the boat too! both that big boat, and the boat the cats sail off on at the end.
You obviously don't know Bandai very well. Secondary characters are a rarity for them.

Last edited by Blade Raider; 08-06-2011 at 04:39 AM..
Blade Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 04:42 AM   #34
JASONKAT
Thunder Kitty
Just got done watching it (thanxs to @BB) for sendin the link since i missed it earlyer.
Anyhow.. sombody on here mentioned that lion-o and tygra's suit came out of nowhere. They r seen walking in reg clothes (as seen in the 1st 2 shows) then in this1 they are seen wearing the brown hoodie coat. but later in the show, they get caught by the fish men and tied up. then we see lion-o and tygras's clothes changed to their fighting gear. Whats up w that? did they think nobody would noticed? lol
still a good show tho. loved it!
Old 08-06-2011, 04:42 AM   #35
dolza_khyron
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Raider View Post
You obviously don't know Bandai very well. Secondary characters are a rarity for them.
oh i do know, it's only hasbro that creates everything... lol

we'll be lucky if we get any lizards other then slithe lol!
Old 08-06-2011, 04:49 AM   #36
Wilyjo
Thunder Kitty
It was average to me, I did enjoy the kids though. Action was great as well. Nothing really "wow"ing me this time but that doesn't make me want to stop watching.

The one thing that stuck out in my mind though was Tygra's complete costume change with no explanation. The kids stole their new 'duds, which is fine. But Tygra just kind of appears with his new armor after a transition. While we can assume he got it out of the rubble, it's still kinda jarring. Nothing's perfect I guess though.
Wilyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 05:20 AM   #37
dolza_khyron
Thunder Kitty
yea i liked that about the twins, i liked that they stole their outfits LOL!
Old 08-06-2011, 05:23 AM   #38
Wilyjo
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
yea i liked that about the twins, i liked that they stole their outfits LOL!
That's quite fitting, don't you think?
Old 08-06-2011, 05:42 AM   #39
dolza_khyron
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilyjo View Post
That's quite fitting, don't you think?
what's next? they steal a "tank?"
Old 08-06-2011, 05:49 AM   #40
Wilyjo
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
what's next? they steal a "tank?"
Maybe. Then all hell will break loose until Panthro finds them
Old 08-06-2011, 06:03 AM   #41
JASONKAT
Thunder Kitty
Yea that too got my atention after re-watching it over, they all changed clothes right after tygra says "YOU ARE THE KING" just b4 lion-o pauses to take 1 last look behind him. althought we never saw them change but u can clearly tell they changed clothes under their hoodie!
Old 08-06-2011, 06:10 AM   #42
Wilyjo
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by JASONKAT View Post
Yea that too got my atention after re-watching it over, they all changed clothes right after tygra says "YOU ARE THE KING" just b4 lion-o pauses to take 1 last look behind him. althought we never saw them change but u can clearly tell they changed clothes under their hoodie!
Yeah, it's only Tygra that bothers me though. Lion-O just got a shoulderpad, that's it. Tygra got a whole new outfit though with no explanation, which bothers me, because we haven't seen it before, but I'm not gonna spend more time on it. I guess it's either show Tygra getting it or cut something else out. Eh, I'm fine with assuming he got it the same way the kids got their new duds.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:17 AM   #43
JASONKAT
Thunder Kitty
Maybe it changes colors? lol next week it might b purple,or black. lol jk.
Sumthing tells me im gonna b paying more close atention to their clothes, or who has wat in their hand and theres always that1 part where "now u see it, now u dont" i hope they didnt mess anything like that up. And lion'o shoulderpad looks kinda stupid., i cant belive he even wear a turtleneck. but they should have left that pad off.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:22 AM   #44
The Eye of Thundera
Omnipresent
I didn't really care to much for this episode unfortunately. I was hoping this series would remain dark for awhile longer and continue to show Lion-O as the hot headed leader that keeps making mistakes which ultimately leads up to an "awakening" for him somewhere down the road. I really didn't care for the fish people idea at all and I hope they concentrate the upcoming episodes on the main characters to build on the foundation of what they started in episode 1&2.
The Eye of Thundera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 07:04 AM   #45
BB Shockwave
Thunder Kitty
Nice episode. I really liked the parallel between the Captain (Tunar was his name?) and Lion-O. And the designs were awesome - the Ramlak was a totally weird fantasy ID reminding me of some crazy old AD&D monsters - a giant whale/squid that is a cactus, and steals water from oasises?

Thoughts about minor things:

- The kittens were great. Loved the "We are not following you. You are just walking in front of us" line from Kat. And, how they steal their clothes.
- So, after ransacking Thundera, they invaders just leave? The lack of other cats left behind leads me to believe the lizards took them as slaves. However, Mumm-Ra and Grune are back in his pyramid, so Grune has indeed become his general, not Slithe's ally.
- Liked how Tygra stops openly questioning Lion-O now that he is king, showing his respect for the traditions.
- I honestly did not expect to see Claudus' funeral, a very touching moment.
- Lion-O's thirst for vengeance... it's a good thing they did not encounter any lizards, as I doubt he had any thought of mercy in his mind. Still, even after coming to terms with his priorities, it'll be tough for him to learn that the guy who killed his father is, you know... ever-living, thus cannot be destroyed for good.
- Jaga's fate is a nice twist of his old ghost state, while leaving the possibility of bringing him back in the flesh, behind.
-Liked Mumm-Ra's and Grune's little exchange. Grune points out the obvious, but Mumm-Ra is not convinced... which leads to even more questions, why did Jaga not want Claudus to find the Book?
- Loved the fish-people, especially the captain, the cook and the spotted-goldfish like first mate. There were even females on board.
- Is it just me, or wasn't it creepy how the fish-people were so ready to eat intelligent beings without blinking an eye? Maybe they have fallen on really hard times. Also, nice little touch about how they still need water to live in that the lower decks of the ship were under water.
-Changing clothes was not a big deal we needed to see. They have mentioned that they also gathered provisions before leaving the ruins of the city, and we can guess there was plenty of stuff lying around the marauders left behind.

Looking forward to the next episode!

Quote:
oh i do know, it's only hasbro that creates everything... lol

we'll be lucky if we get any lizards other then slithe lol!

We already have one that comes with the catapult toy. One of the goggled fat frog-like types.
I second that I wish this toylinbe would become what Star Wars Clone Wars line is, where every character gets a toy... I like these designs so much, I would buy the whole fish-people crew in a heartbeat, for example.

Last edited by BB Shockwave; 08-06-2011 at 07:09 AM..
BB Shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:34 AM   #46
ejrussell
Thunder Kitty
There was much to enjoy in this episode, the action, the humor and of course the heart-breakingly beautiful scenery. Who knew that Third-Earth was gorgeous enough to put Pandora from "Avatar"* to shame? With that said there were some missteps but to call them missteps is a bit unfair considering that this is only the third episode so the show still has time to find its stride. I felt that the Whole Plot Reference to "Moby Dick" was a little stiff and Lion-O's epiphany came a little to abruptly. Other than that, I really enjoyed it. I'm glad that the show didn't lose any momentum and I think the twist at the end involving Mumm-Ra had quit a bit to do with that. Can't wait for next week.

Last edited by ejrussell; 08-06-2011 at 08:35 AM.. Reason: *That is James Cameron's Avatar.
ejrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:54 AM   #47
Lion O of savannah
TruthJusticeHonorLoyalty
I was satisfied last night after the episode went off. Lion O's first slice of humbling pie. Unlike the original cartoon we get to see Lion O mature into the true Lord of theThundercats. Am I the only one that ate a bowl of cereal while watching last nights episode? Best bowl of cinnamon toast crunch I've had in awhile.
Lion O of savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 12:13 PM   #48
Chukkzy
Thunder Kitty
Some character development, which is okay in my book. I am happy that finally a show like this does not simply throw out one episode after another, assuming that things just happen but also show them happening. Of course you are outraged if someone just murdered a family member, of course you want blood when you were raised as a fighter... but also you need to overcome your wish for revenge for the greater good.
I found the Moby Dick reference a little forced though, it was okay after all. Fun to watch.
Seems to me like the best show CN has put out in ages, I can not wait till next week.
Chukkzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 12:18 PM   #49
Tony_Bacala
Cornelius Tunar FTW
http://www.thundercats.ws/news/thund...reen-caps-212/

100+ screen caps from the ep.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:18 PM   #50
Tony_Bacala
Cornelius Tunar FTW
Also, I think Cornelius Tunar wins best name ever award.