TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

Old 06-23-2012, 12:57 AM   #1
Fist Pounder
Thunder Kitty
If so I hate to see it die however its just as well because Im running out of shelf space
Fist Pounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:11 AM   #2
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
We don't know yet. If we don't see anything new from Bandai at SDCC, I would then think it safe to say that the line is dead. Until then...not yet.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:39 AM   #3
Ruination04
Ancient Spirit of E-Ville
When is SDCC?
Ruination04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:13 AM   #4
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruination04 View Post
When is SDCC?
July 12th-15th. The 11th is a "preview night", but I don't think any major news comes from it.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:17 PM   #5
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
We don't know yet. If we don't see anything new from Bandai at SDCC, I would then think it safe to say that the line is dead. Until then...not yet.
It just occured to me the other day, as I recall, Bandai didn't do anything at SDCC last year for TC. The exclusive Lion-O was a TRU/EE exclusive, not a Bandai one.

Honestly, I think it's safe to say the line is dead. I had a 20% off one item at TRU and visited the three local TRU's by me (fruitlessly searching for a Transformers Prime Vehicon) and of the three, one no longer had a TC section (instead had stuck them on a rear endcap with other clearance figures including Star Trek Movie and Terminator Salvation figures) and the other two had a few leftover figures on the shelf at discount. When I was last at Target, they had deeply discounted their few remaining figures and at Wal-mart, they had moved all the TC figures to the clearance table in their recent reset for Spiderman and whatnot.

This line is exhibiting every sign of a dead line, it's just not off the shelves yet.
Pravus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:45 PM   #6
RedisPower
or SONIC RANGER!!!
With my latest run to Wal-Mart today in search of TDKR toys and Deluxe PRS zords, the TC toys are still on the toy shelves right next to Ben 10 and PRS, with the clearance stickers REMOVED.
The shelves were pretty bare, excluding the 3 inch figures; but they still have the TC name tags still taking up a good chunk of the isle. So what is going on here?
ComicCon may be your best bet for this deal breaker.
RedisPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:21 PM   #7
Might Beyond Sight
Thunder Kitty
I really hope we have an update on the show or toyline (if not both) by comic-con. If not then, then we would probably have to wait till power-con/Thundercon, which September 22-23.
Might Beyond Sight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:16 PM   #8
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post
It just occured to me the other day, as I recall, Bandai didn't do anything at SDCC last year for TC. The exclusive Lion-O was a TRU/EE exclusive, not a Bandai one.
True, Bandai didn't sell it themselves, but they were still the one's who produced it...
Old 06-24-2012, 06:26 AM   #9
shmashwitdaclub
Thunder Kitty
Seems like this entire line is being clearanced at Target and everything made by Bandai except for the Armor of Omens is being clearanced at my local TRU. The only saving grace this line could possibly have is if Bandai is clearancing out the old so there is room to bring in the new under a new style packaging or item number....

Oddly enough Walmart I do not believe has anything on clearance anymore...
shmashwitdaclub is offline   Reply With Quote