TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

Old 01-31-2012, 01:04 AM   #1
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
I'm not one of those eco-friendly people. I usually do not care about how large a package is, but I have to say, I got Cheetara and there is more air in that blister than there is figure. What the hell? Did Bandai forget to put something else in there because that seems like a lot of wasted space.
Dr Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:48 AM   #2
Covenant
Thunder Kitty
Tygra is the same. All empty space. I guess we're paying extra for all that collectible air from China.
Covenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:52 AM   #3
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
They have to package all of the 6" modern figures into the same sized packaging. With Mumm-Ra as big as he is, it's going to leave some un-needed room for the others.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:00 AM   #4
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
They have to package all of the 6" modern figures into the same sized packaging. With Mumm-Ra as big as he is, it's going to leave some un-needed room for the others.
When did this law pass?
Old 01-31-2012, 11:12 AM   #5
Joe Moore
Administrator
It's not a law. But keeping a consistent packaging size allows for retailers to allot shelf space more effectively to your product. and keeping each scale size in the same packaging allows uninformed consumers to know which figures belong together. If a company shifts packaging sizes, resulting in a lot of strange or "off" sized packaging, then retailers tend to shy away from that stuff, costs to manufacture new packaging sizes is added and then there's the added chance of consumer confusion.

It really makes no sense to change the packaging size. Consistency in packaging is very important.
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:15 AM   #6
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
When did this law pass?
It's not a law, just standard packaging methods used by toy companies. The packaging for a size-class like this is done for a couple of reasons. Each case will be able to hold the same number of figures, and leave no wasted space. Also, unique packaging for every figure would get costly, fast.

Edit: Took too long to type that out and got sniped, lol...
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:23 PM   #7
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
I know why they are doing it, but I think it is stupid to waste so much space on empty air. They should be required to put at least a figure stand in there.