TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2012, 02:23 PM   #1
Joe Moore
Administrator
Joe Moore's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,655
Please use this thread to discuss Thundercats Episode 25: What Lies Above Part 1. Remember, the new episode of Thundercats airs Saturday June 9 at 9:30 AM EST.

Sorry, no previews again this week. We did get a logline synopsis though:

Quote:
The ThunderCats’ search for the Tech Stone leads them high above Thundera to the floating bird city of Avista, where the stone is the power source for their city.
Enjoy the episode guys.
Joe Moore is offline  
Old 06-08-2012, 06:16 PM   #2
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Moore View Post
Please use this thread to discuss Thundercats Episode 25: What Lies Above Part 1. Remember, the new episode of Thundercats airs Saturday June 9 at 9:30 AM EST.

Sorry, no previews again this week. We did get a logline synopsis though:



Enjoy the episode guys.
Someone called this before about the stone being a power source. Good call.

Time Warner and CN have not updated any of the Tcats episodes, it is still on 22. They use to update it at Saturday at midnight.
L08e16o is offline  
Old 06-08-2012, 09:29 PM   #3
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 349
Yeah, even my provider Charter hasn't updated the on demand....it's still on episode 13. Though i'm looking forward to this episode. Hopefully it'll be worth getting up early. The past few times i wish i had slept in.
hollowdheart is offline  
Old 06-08-2012, 09:47 PM   #4
stormbringer
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowdheart View Post
Yeah, even my provider Charter hasn't updated the on demand....it's still on episode 13. Though i'm looking forward to this episode. Hopefully it'll be worth getting up early. The past few times i wish i had slept in.
Yeah, I'm sick of the filler myself. It's okay for a couple of episodes earlier in a season, but now that we're heading towards the season finale, they need to focus on the main story again.
stormbringer is offline  
Old 06-08-2012, 11:32 PM   #5
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: In the timeline where L/C already happened
Posts: 1,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
Yeah, I'm sick of the filler myself. It's okay for a couple of episodes earlier in a season, but now that we're heading towards the season finale, they need to focus on the main story again.
Provided MJ still got a "main story" to tell. Maybe he run out of juice already during the story planning stages when reaching this point.

________________
Jelenic and crew will be forever be remembered as the man and crew that tainted the TCATS brand.
cmangund is offline  
Old 06-09-2012, 12:07 AM   #6
stormbringer
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
Provided MJ still got a "main story" to tell. Maybe he run out of juice already during the story planning stages when reaching this point.

________________
Jelenic and crew will be forever be remembered as the man and crew that tainted the TCATS brand.
That would definately validate the cancellation rumors.
stormbringer is offline  
Old 06-09-2012, 01:40 AM   #7
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: In the timeline where L/C already happened
Posts: 1,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
That would definately validate the cancellation rumors.
One more reason, why no news about the show.

________________
Jelenic and crew will be forever be remembered as the man and crew that tainted the TCATS brand.
cmangund is offline  
Old 06-09-2012, 01:51 AM   #8
stormbringer
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
One more reason, why no news about the show.

________________
Jelenic and crew will be forever be remembered as the man and crew that tainted the TCATS brand.
Yeah the longer we go without any news, the more valid these rumors seem to be.
stormbringer is offline  
Old 06-09-2012, 08:48 AM   #9
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,267
Woot! the Feliner and Vultureman (or Vultaire)!
Balgus82 is offline  
Old 06-09-2012, 08:49 AM   #10
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
Provided MJ still got a "main story" to tell. Maybe he run out of juice already during the story planning stages when reaching this point.

________________
Jelenic and crew will be forever be remembered as the man and crew that tainted the TCATS brand.
yeah we get it. you hate Jelenic. Get over it already.
Balgus82 is offline  
Old 06-09-2012, 08:55 AM   #11
spike78a
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 33
how does panthro know about jesus?
spike78a is offline  
Old 06-09-2012, 09:02 AM   #12
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
WOW.

If this doesn't prove who MJ loves, I don't know what does.

Again, Tygra shines as always. Cheetara reduced to cheerleader.

Like the new Vultureman.

Pumyra is just like tygra. Doesn't listen to lion-o pushes him, but MJ makes sure he loves her.

Great art, funny parts, and Vultaire, that is all I like.

If there is no more misdirections in this show, it was done for one reason, to make MJ's dream come true.

Last edited by L08e16o; 06-09-2012 at 09:06 AM..
L08e16o is offline  
Old 06-09-2012, 09:04 AM   #13
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
One more reason, why no news about the show.

________________
Jelenic and crew will be forever be remembered as the man and crew that tainted the TCATS brand.
I will love it when MJ is removed as writer.
L08e16o is offline  
Old 06-09-2012, 09:08 AM   #14
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: In the timeline where L/C already happened
Posts: 1,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
I will love it when MJ is removed as writer.
MJ must be removed completely out of the show, not just from the writing job. Otherwise his bad aura will linger, bad business all around

________________
Jelenic and crew will be forever be remembered as the man and crew that tainted the TCATS brand.
cmangund is offline  
Old 06-09-2012, 09:09 AM   #15
fuukonomiko
Harbinger of Tiger Doom
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Wis-freakin-consin
Posts: 128
The new Vultureman aka Vultaire is awesome!
With the stone powering the whole city, it makes you wonder how this is all going to fly *Pun intended* LOL.
Panthro's meltdown kinda reminded me of a Mr. T moment (for us old enough to remember BA Baraccus)
I'm happy to see Tygra acquire a new skill.
Last I checked MJ didn't write the episode. Can't blame the man for everything.
fuukonomiko is offline  
Old 06-09-2012, 09:10 AM   #16
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 212
It was a decent episode. The rush really killed the potential of letting them explore the city a bit. One of the filler episodes could have been used to explore the bird city.

I bet the words Turkey and Chicken are negative slurs to their kind.
Singe is offline  
Old 06-09-2012, 09:12 AM   #17
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
MJ must be removed completely out of the show, not just from the writing job. Otherwise his bad aura will linger, bad business all around

________________
Jelenic and crew will be forever be remembered as the man and crew that tainted the TCATS brand.
He can't just let lion-o shine in one episode by himself. This is a joke.

The ending of the season will have lion-o fight mummra for 2 minutes (like the flashback) and lion-o will hit mummra with a lucky shot. While tygra will beat the other generals.

I am so done with him. You were right when you talked about what he did in BM brave and bold.
L08e16o is offline  
Old 06-09-2012, 09:14 AM   #18
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuukonomiko View Post
The new Vultureman aka Vultaire is awesome!
With the stone powering the whole city, it makes you wonder how this is all going to fly *Pun intended* LOL.
Panthro's meltdown kinda reminded me of a Mr. T moment (for us old enough to remember BA Baraccus)
I'm happy to see Tygra acquire a new skill.
Last I checked MJ didn't write the episode. Can't blame the man for everything.
Sorry, what did you say tygra?

He is the producer and he gives the direction to the writers.
L08e16o is offline  
Old 06-09-2012, 09:15 AM   #19
stormbringer
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,504
Tygra and Pumyra aren't the "look before you leap" types, that's for sure. Tygra lucked out, but it looks like Pumyra's gotten everyone killed (not really of course).
stormbringer is offline  
Old 06-09-2012, 09:16 AM   #20
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: In the timeline where L/C already happened
Posts: 1,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
He can't just let lion-o shine in one episode by himself. This is a joke.

The ending of the season will have lion-o fight mummra for 2 minutes (like the flashback) and lion-o will hit mummra with a lucky shot. While tygra will beat the other generals.
It's more of an insult rather than a joke at this point for Lion-O.

________________
Jelenic and crew will be forever be remembered as the man and crew that tainted the TCATS brand.
cmangund is offline  
Old 06-09-2012, 09:18 AM   #21
vantheman77
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 151
Tygra and Pumyra shined in this episode with Tygra developing flying pilot abilities and beating the head Voltaire while Pumyra gets him to open the codes and tries to get the Tech Stone, but doesn't. The only thing I enjoyed from this episode was seeing the entire Thundercats together. Nice flashback from Leo's time after Mumm-Ra's ship arrives on Third Earth.
vantheman77 is offline  
Old 06-09-2012, 09:18 AM   #22
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
It's more of an insult rather than a joke at this point for Lion-O.

________________
Jelenic and crew will be forever be remembered as the man and crew that tainted the TCATS brand.
Agreed.
L08e16o is offline  
Old 06-09-2012, 09:22 AM   #23
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
Tygra and Pumyra aren't the "look before you leap" types, that's for sure. Tygra lucked out, but it looks like Pumyra's gotten everyone killed (not really of course).
Yeah, MJ made sure that lion-o has to deal with tygra in some way.
L08e16o is offline  
Old 06-09-2012, 09:27 AM   #24
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: In the timeline where L/C already happened
Posts: 1,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
Sorry, what did you say tygra?

He is the producer and he gives the direction to the writers.
He mapped out the entire storyline before giving them to individual writers, Thus the individual writers were his "puppet".

________________
Jelenic and crew will be forever be remembered as the man and crew that tainted the TCATS brand.
cmangund is offline  
Old 06-09-2012, 09:30 AM   #25
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
He mapped out the entire storyline before giving them to individual writers, Thus the individual writers were his "puppet".

________________
Jelenic and crew will be forever be remembered as the man and crew that tainted the TCATS brand.
And that is where people don't understand. If you want hired to be a writer on the show, you are going to do what the producer wants.
L08e16o is offline  
Old 06-09-2012, 09:36 AM   #26
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: In the timeline where L/C already happened
Posts: 1,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
And that is where people don't understand. If you want hired to be a writer on the show, you are going to do what the producer wants.
And this Producer is madly "in love" with Tygra.

________________
Jelenic and crew will be forever be remembered as the man and crew that tainted the TCATS brand.
cmangund is offline  
Old 06-09-2012, 09:37 AM   #27
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,267
Yeah, but he's not the only one coming up with story ideas. They have group meetings for that stuff. Frankly none of us know which ideas are his and which are someone else's so blaming him for everything is pointless.
Balgus82 is offline  
Old 06-09-2012, 09:48 AM   #28
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
And this Producer is madly "in love" with Tygra.

________________
Jelenic and crew will be forever be remembered as the man and crew that tainted the TCATS brand.
Didn't they say he mapped this out in the begining.

Hey, I wouldn't be surprise if pumyra betrays lion-o and he falls even more head over heals for her.

I am glad I am getting a 90 minute massage in 30 minutes.

Last edited by L08e16o; 06-09-2012 at 09:52 AM..
L08e16o is offline  
Old 06-09-2012, 09:50 AM   #29
MegaGearX
Thunder Kitty
MegaGearX's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Camden, New Jersey
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantheman77 View Post
Tygra and Pumyra shined in this episode with Tygra developing flying pilot abilities and beating the head Voltaire while Pumyra gets him to open the codes and tries to get the Tech Stone, but doesn't. The only thing I enjoyed from this episode was seeing the entire Thundercats together. Nice flashback from Leo's time after Mumm-Ra's ship arrives on Third Earth.
I liked the episode, but I didn't like that. It's one thing for Tygra to be naturally talented, but him beating a BIRD MAN in the air after a few hours of experience was too far fetched.
MegaGearX is offline  
Old 06-09-2012, 09:51 AM   #30
Eclipse
Witch Doctor
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Battle.net
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuukonomiko View Post
The new Vultureman aka Vultaire is awesome!
With the stone powering the whole city, it makes you wonder how this is all going to fly *Pun intended* LOL.
Panthro's meltdown kinda reminded me of a Mr. T moment (for us old enough to remember BA Baraccus)
I'm happy to see Tygra acquire a new skill.
Last I checked MJ didn't write the episode. Can't blame the man for everything.
Wasn't Tygus a pilot? There's a jacket that comes to mind and screamed "pilot" lmao I suppose it shouldn't be surprising that Tygra can fly as well. It should be encoded in the tigers' genes or something
Eclipse is offline  
Old 06-09-2012, 09:52 AM   #31
stormbringer
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
Didn't they say he mapped this out in the begining.

Hey, I wouldn't be surprise if pumyra betrays lion-o and he falls even more head over heals for her.
Certain "shifts in characterization" make me question the validity of this actually being well planned from the start.
stormbringer is offline  
Old 06-09-2012, 09:52 AM   #32
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Third Earth
Posts: 863
I loved this episode. The introduction of Vultaire was nice. I was hoping we would get an update to Vultureman at some point. Panthro's fear of heights was interesting to see. Though the highlight to this episode was definitely the Feliner, and Tygra's mad piloting skills. It's just too bad we'll most likely never see a toy representation of it (come on Bandai, prove me wrong...).

I'm definitely looking forward to the season finale. I just hope it doesn't end-up being the series finale too. I'm expecting it to be a great end to the season, but based on the lead-up to it, I can't imagine it working as a series finale too.
Ravenxl7 is offline  
Old 06-09-2012, 09:52 AM   #33
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
Wasn't Tygus a pilot? There's a jacket that comes to mind and screamed "pilot" lmao I suppose it shouldn't be surprising that Tygra can fly as well. It should be encoded in the tigers' genes or something
Maybe Tigers were genetically designed by Mumm-Ra to be good pilots (if the whole Mumm-Ra made the animals theory is true).
Balgus82 is offline  
Old 06-09-2012, 09:54 AM   #34
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: In the timeline where L/C already happened
Posts: 1,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
Didn't they say he mapped this out in the begining.

Hey, I wouldn't be surprise if pumyra betrays lion-o and he falls even more head over heals for her.
He did.

Sounds like what MJ will do.

________________
Jelenic and crew will be forever be remembered as the man and crew that tainted the TCATS brand.
cmangund is offline  
Old 06-09-2012, 09:55 AM   #35
stormbringer
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaGearX View Post
I liked the episode, but I didn't like that. It's one thing for Tygra to be naturally talented, but him beating a BIRD MAN in the air after a few hours of experience was too far fetched.
He's beyond talented, he'd have to be a prodigy to pull that off.
stormbringer is offline  
Old 06-09-2012, 09:56 AM   #36
Eclipse
Witch Doctor
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Battle.net
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
Maybe Tigers were genetically designed by Mumm-Ra to be good pilots (if the whole Mumm-Ra made the animals theory is true).
I wouldn't be surprised... if the theory is true, which in turn would surprise me. But you don't just sit in an unfamiliar vehicle and make it work. Except in cartoons of course.
Eclipse is offline  
Old 06-09-2012, 09:57 AM   #37
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
He's beyond talented, he'd have to be a prodigy to pull that off.
This is tygra's show, lion-o is just living in it.
L08e16o is offline  
Old 06-09-2012, 09:59 AM   #38
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: In the timeline where L/C already happened
Posts: 1,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
This is tygra's show, lion-o is just living in it.
Lion-O is just an innocent bystander. Waving his hand from the sidelines.


________________
Jelenic and crew will be forever be remembered as the man and crew that tainted the TCATS brand.
cmangund is offline  
Old 06-09-2012, 10:00 AM   #39
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
WOW.

If this doesn't prove who MJ loves, I don't know what does.

Again, Tygra shines as always.
Oh yeah, nevermind that the past seven episodes or so he's appeared in before this have him getting his ass handed to him in nearly every conceivable way.
SirSapphire is offline  
Old 06-09-2012, 10:01 AM   #40
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: In the timeline where L/C already happened
Posts: 1,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
He's beyond talented, he'd have to be a prodigy to pull that off.
Well Tygra is MJ's most prized pupil. Before "the revolt" like we discussed it with PM(the crazed cult leader story)

________________
Jelenic and crew will be forever be remembered as the man and crew that tainted the TCATS brand.
cmangund is offline  
Old 06-09-2012, 10:08 AM   #41
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
Lion-O is just an innocent bystander. Waving his hand from the sidelines.
Did you even watch the episode? I seem to recall you saying you weren't going to watch it anymore after episode 13. I don't know why I keep seeing you in talkback threads. Especially when you never actually comment on the episode. You just come in and go "MJ BAD!"
Balgus82 is offline  
Old 06-09-2012, 10:10 AM   #42
AdamofEternia
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 136
this episode was pretty decent overall and i kind of enjoyed it. i like the vultureman character vultair and his fellow birds too. the art style as always in this series is amazing. i don't know if it is just me but this episode came off as filler-ish a bit. for a two part season finale, i would have thought this episode would set up for a much formidable threat (mum-ra & minions) leading to the second episode of the two part finale. still it was a good episode and i liked it. it seems that tygra and pumyra are cut from the same cloth because they are too similar in personality and in a weird way appearance too.
AdamofEternia is offline  
Old 06-09-2012, 10:18 AM   #43
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: In the timeline where L/C already happened
Posts: 1,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
Did you even watch the episode? I seem to recall you saying you weren't going to watch it anymore after episode 13. I don't know why I keep seeing you in talkback threads. Especially when you never actually comment on the episode. You just come in and go "MJ BAD!"
Ah finally you said it yourself with capital "MJ BAD!"

________________
Jelenic and crew will be forever be remembered as the man and crew that tainted the TCATS brand.
cmangund is offline  
Old 06-09-2012, 10:22 AM   #44
fuukonomiko
Harbinger of Tiger Doom
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Wis-freakin-consin
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamofEternia View Post
it seems that tygra and pumyra are cut from the same cloth because they are too similar in personality and in a weird way appearance too.
They do have the same head shape and in some ways hair pattern, all you have to do is extend Tygra's sideburns and hair length in the back. Their facial markings are very similar too.

Why do you think Lion-O is attracted to her? She reminds him of his brother

I am sooooooooooo going to get flamed for that.....Eeep
fuukonomiko is offline  
Old 06-09-2012, 11:03 AM   #45
Mum Star
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuukonomiko View Post
They do have the same head shape and in some ways hair pattern, all you have to do is extend Tygra's sideburns and hair length in the back. Their facial markings are very similar too.

Why do you think Lion-O is attracted to her? She reminds him of his brother

I am sooooooooooo going to get flamed for that.....Eeep
I'm not going to flame you, I'm too busy laughing. Maybe Cheetara can get a makeover that makes her look more like Lion-O and Tygra can tell her how hot it makes her look.

I'm honestly not sure what the heck they are doing with Tygra. He did spend several episodes bieng the butt monkey. Actually I'm more dissapointed with the fact he hasn't developed past his jerkisness with Lion-O despite several things that should have let him. And that some of the other Cat's haven't had much development.
Mum Star is offline  
Old 06-09-2012, 12:31 PM   #46
AdamofEternia
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mum Star View Post
I'm not going to flame you, I'm too busy laughing. Maybe Cheetara can get a makeover that makes her look more like Lion-O and Tygra can tell her how hot it makes her look.

I'm honestly not sure what the heck they are doing with Tygra. He did spend several episodes bieng the butt monkey. Actually I'm more dissapointed with the fact he hasn't developed past his jerkisness with Lion-O despite several things that should have let him. And that some of the other Cat's haven't had much development.
it seems in this series, only a few characters get developed and the rest take the back seat and say a few lines an episode.
AdamofEternia is offline  
Old 06-09-2012, 12:39 PM   #47
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSapphire View Post
Oh yeah, nevermind that the past seven episodes or so he's appeared in before this have him getting his ass handed to him in nearly every conceivable way.
Name the episodes.

Where did he get his butt handed to him? In SS he became mecha tygra, what did lion-o do besides talk. Nothing.

Tygra has outshined or been on equal level with lion-o the entire series.

The only episode you could say lion-o was great was 16, but he got beat by tygra again. That is the theme of this series.

Last edited by L08e16o; 06-09-2012 at 12:42 PM..
L08e16o is offline  
Old 06-09-2012, 12:40 PM   #48
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuukonomiko View Post
They do have the same head shape and in some ways hair pattern, all you have to do is extend Tygra's sideburns and hair length in the back. Their facial markings are very similar too.

Why do you think Lion-O is attracted to her? She reminds him of his brother

I am sooooooooooo going to get flamed for that.....Eeep
Not the L/T war.
L08e16o is offline  
Old 06-09-2012, 12:55 PM   #49
MegaGearX
Thunder Kitty
MegaGearX's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Camden, New Jersey
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
Name the episodes.

Where did he get his butt handed to him? In SS he became mecha tygra, what did lion-o do besides talk. Nothing.

Tygra has outshined or been on equal level with lion-o the entire series.

The only episode you could say lion-o was great was 16, but he got beat by tygra again. That is the theme of this series.
Well he was under the effects of a trippy potion during Recipe for Disaster.
And during Soul Server, he had his soul put inside of the Mech. That wasn't a power-up...he wasn't himself either.
MegaGearX is offline  
Old 06-09-2012, 01:58 PM   #50
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 198
I thought this episode was great. I like the design of the Feliner and I love the updated Vulterman. I always felt he was a "step above" the other mutants in the OS. Avista city was also very well designed.

Pumyra is quickly becoming my favorite of the cats if not for anything more then she actually makes things happen. Yes, her decisions can get the others into trouble but it makes for a more interesting story. Tygra being the one to pilot the space craft seems like a good choice and seemed more "natural". If it would have been Lion-O it would have been too much like the pod race in The Phantom Menace.

It was also nice to see the cats actually use their weapons / powers (when Panthro was falling and the kittens space boards).

My only gripe would be that it seems like they are going to try and pack A LOT of story into the season finale (how to take the stone without destroying Avista city as well as taking on Mummra and his army) and if it ends in a cliff hanger, well, I sure as hell hope we actually get another season.

Only thing that sucks is we may never get a 6" Pumyra or Vultureman.
AlexofThundera is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thundercats Episode 14 New Alliances Discussion Joe Moore Thundercats Cartoons 739 07-04-2012 03:31 PM
Thundercats Episode 20: Curse of Ratilla Discussion Joe Moore Thundercats Cartoons 525 05-13-2012 06:41 AM
Thundercats Episode 1 & 2 Discussion Joe Moore Thundercats Cartoons 190 11-27-2011 02:22 AM
Thundercats Episode 7 - Legacy Discussion Tony_Bacala Thundercats Cartoons 122 11-27-2011 02:03 AM
Thundercats Episode 5 - Old Friends Discussion Joe Moore Thundercats Cartoons 79 08-24-2011 07:06 PM

 

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS