TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Litter Box - Off Topic > Toys

Old 05-29-2012, 09:00 PM   #1351
ThundeRSS
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Originally posted by: DESTRO @ HissTank.com

Quote:
NON-ATTENDING Registration is now live.

"WE ARE LIMITING EVERYONE (per household/per member, duplicate accounts for the same person don't count) TO ONE SET DURING THE FIRST 24 HOURS. After that time period we will entertain potential second sets. If you choose more than one set we may cancel your entire order."

JOECON 2012 NON-ATTENDING Registration.
Original Source: JOECON 2012 NON-ATTENDING Registration is Live - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
ThundeRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:50 AM   #1352
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: Shin Densetsu @ HissTank.com

Quote:
Deadline has posted an exclusive article in which it explains the various problems which prompted the GI Joe Retaliation delay for 3D. The information posted comes from alleged Paramount insiders:

"This was a case of letting a schedule to fill a summer slot dictate the film not being in 3D even though we knew that would be the most commercial version of the film. Then in the spring there were 2 big events. First John Carter lost $200M despite the best efforts of the Pixar brain trust. But the 3D film managed to gross over $200M overseas, nearly tripling its U.S. take.

“Also Channing Tatum had a breakout spring, starring in The Vow and 21 Jump Street. In our first screening of the film the reaction from audiences was good but with 2 big concerns: 1) They didn’t like the fact that Channing and The Rock really didn’t have any time to develop a friendship before Channing died, and 2) Why wasn’t it going to be in 3D? We went back and shot another week with Channing to develop more of his story with The Rock, which made the film play much better. But we didn’t have the time to be in 3D.

“Then a week ago Battleship basically had the same performance as John Carter – $60M-$70M U.S. and just over $200M international. That was just a wake-up call that said to us we need to offer the best version of the film irrespective of summer market share to ensure the best possible performance. And not being in 3D will cost us a ton of business internationally.
"

Deadline has gone on to say that according to their sources, Jon Chu is still shell-shocked over the delay.
Original Source: Problems Behind GI Joe Retaliation Delay Explained - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-30-2012, 07:40 AM   #1353
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The JoeCon 2012 Oktober Guard Sets Have Sold Out!

The G.I.JOE Collectors CLUB has just sent out an email to members:

"It took just a little over 3 hours for the non-attending Oktober Guard sets to sell out! We did not have that many to put online for those not coming to the convention. We wish there were more, but there are not. Please do not call about these sets as there is nothing the customer representatives can do.

I have been asked how a member could not get a set. Well the answer is that these are convention exclusives, not member exclusives. They go first to the people attending the convention, then to non-attending fans. It is very difficult to call the number from year to year and we try to make the best guess we can."

We sill have 12" sets both attending and non-attending available. There are just a few attending Oktober Guard sets left. If you have already ordered one, you cannot order another.
Original Source: G.I. Joe Collectors Convention Oktober Guard Sets Sold Out! - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-30-2012, 11:20 AM   #1354
ThundeRSS

Quote:
We regret that Hasbro has sent an e-mail this morning stating that Wave 2 & Wave 3 have in fact been cancelled until March 2013. The only Retaliation items we will see this year is the little Wave 1 product that are currently in stores now.

Thanks to http://www.kokomotoys.com/ for the heads up.
Original Source: It's Official GIJOE Retaliation Wave 2 And 3 Cancelled Until March 2013 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-31-2012, 12:50 AM   #1355
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Site sponsor Cobrastickers.com has added a number of long awaited sticker sheets for the Sky Striker XP21F. In addition to Autobot Air Guardian Sky Striker XP21F Jetfire(includes name sticker for Gregg Berger, voice actor for Skyfire!), Cobrastickers has launched their Robotech(Macross Saga) Veritech sticker sheets:Note, for the Macross/Robotech Sky Strikers except for the Macross Zero Sky Striker, the stickers include name stickers for the names used in Robotech. For example, Hikaru Ichijo=Rick Hunter, Roy Focker= Roy Fokker.

*The DYRL? Skull 11 Hikaru paint scheme for the VF-1A was never shown in Robotech, but in the Macross DYRL? movie in Japan.

Check out the new stickers applied to the Sky Striker XP21F after the jump!
Original Source: Cobrastickers.com Transformers Jetfire And Macross Sky Striker Stickers - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-01-2012, 01:11 AM   #1356
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: TTT @ HissTank.com

Quote:
Your fellow HISS tanker ceraurus made this custom Cobra 30th Copperhead.

"I originally wanted the helmet and mask to both be removable, but I had to cut off his nose to get it to fit snugly so I decided to permanently affix the mask to the head. That's ok by me, I didn't need him to look just like the Rock. This gives it a little of a movie Bane look anyway, which I kind of like."

Click the Discuss button for all the pics & details.
Original Source: Custom Cobra 30th Copperhead - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-01-2012, 02:50 PM   #1357
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Massive Black, one of the companies Hasbro brought in to do concept art/designs for Transformers Dark Of The Moon, has posted their concept art for GI Joe. The earliest of these designs dates back to 2008, some of which were used for the Pursuit Of Cobra. Some of the vehicle concepts later influenced the following:The vehicle concepts shown include:
  • GI Joe VTOL
  • Cobra Osprey
  • Cobra Mini VTOL
  • GI Joe Tank
  • GI Joe APC
  • Snake Eyes Motorcycle
  • GI Joe Spider Tank
  • GI Joe Drone Jetpack
  • GI Joe Truck(unnamed)
  • GI Joe Jeep
  • HISS Tank
Action figure concepts include:Not all of these concepts have been used so who knows? Perhaps they may be a sign of things to come...

Check out all of the GI Joe Concept Art after the jump!
Original Source: Massive Black Reveals GI Joe Concept Art - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-02-2012, 05:50 PM   #1358
ThundeRSS

Quote:
We regret that Hasbro has sent an e-mail this morning stating that Wave 2 & Wave 3 have in fact been delayed until March 2013. The move was done, per Hasbro, to have product coincide with the release of G.I.Joe Retaliation.

The only Retaliation items we will see this year is the little Wave 1 product that are currently in stores now, so if you're interested in any of the Wave 1 line up, make sure to get while the getting is good!

Thanks to http://www.kokomotoys.com/ for the heads up.
Original Source: It's Official GIJOE Retaliation Wave 2 And 3 Delayed Until March 2013 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-03-2012, 06:53 AM   #1359
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: BCYOJOE @ HissTank.com

Quote:
Few months ago we brought you the news of an upcoming comic book by IDW regarding G. I. Joe: Retaliation.

Back then, we only knew of the name “G. I. Joe: Roots of Retaliation”. But soon we were able to know more about the book and the cover.

From the information gathered, G. I. Joe: Roots of Retaliation is a collection of reprinted Marvel G. I. Joe comic books which were the basis of upcoming movie by Jon Chu.

Now, Amazon is revealing what’s inside the book. The cover is now different as well, last time it was Roadblock who was on the front cover but this new cover features General Joe Colton. The release date has also been pushed back from June 27th to July 10th (At least it’s not 9 months).

Here are the Chapters:
  • G. I. Joe #21 – “Silent Interlude”
  • G. I. Joe #22 – “Like Chimney Sweepers Come To Dust…”
  • G. I. Joe #32 – “The Mountain”
  • G. I. Joe #37 – “Twin Brothers”
  • G. I. Joe #86 – “…Not Fade Away”
More product info, after the jump.
Original Source: G. I. Joe: Roots Of Retaliation Revealed - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-04-2012, 10:40 AM   #1360
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Actor Channing Tatum who plays role of Duke for the Live Action G. I. Joe Movie Series still doesn’t know whether he is to go back to the set for reshoots.

Earlier, rumors were flying that Paramount pushed back G. I. Joe: Retaliation almost a year to reshoot the movie with more scenes involving Channing Tatum’s character.

"I don't know. Truly," Tatum said when asked if the rumors we'd see more of him in the revamped sequel are true. "I haven't seen the movie. I did my part and then all this stuff is going on, so they haven't come to talk to me about anything. They talk about a lot of stuff; who knows if it's the industry or the actual studio? You never know."

The video of his statement is from MTV at the 2012 MTV Movie Awards. Check it out, after the jump.
Original Source: Channing Tatum Doesn't Know About His Involvement For Retaliation Reshoots - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-05-2012, 01:50 PM   #1361
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Scheduled for release tomorrow are Cobra #14 and GI Joe A Real American Hero #179 by IDW Publishing.

Cobra #14
Deep Terror, part 2!' Under-staffed, under water, and under the gun! The new stripped-down Joe team battles a very public Cobra as Dr. Mindbender drills on the ocean floor-but what's he looking for? And how will Scarlett and her team escape?

GI Joe A Real American Hero #179
THE FINAL SHOWDOWN! The Blue Ninja Clan begins its final assualt on Cobra's homebase, and Cobra Commander, Baroness, Snake Eyes, Duke, Scarlett and Stalker are all caught in the fray! This is the explosive conclusion to the Blue Ninja saga that you've all been waiting for. Things will never be the same for G.I. Joe and Cobra after G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #179, don't miss it!

Read on to preview these 2 new issues!
Original Source: COBRA #14 And GI Joe A Real American Hero #179 Previews - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-05-2012, 02:30 PM   #1362
ThundeRSS

Quote:
With the premiere of GI Joe Retaliation pushed back to March 29 2013, some theaters still had displays up in anticipation for the original June 2012 release date. Thanks to HissTank boards member supermarines, we can see some theater displays from a theater in Turkey. Check them out after the jump!
Original Source: GI Joe Retaliation Theater Display From Turkey - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-05-2012, 02:30 PM   #1363
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Over the weekend, both Guyism and ICG Magazine posted new images of Channing Tatum & The Rock, and Snake Eyes. Duke & Roadblock are shown in a scene possibly involving the infiltration of a North Korean prison or military base. Meanwhile, Snake Eyes adorns the cover for the June issue of ICG Magazine.

Take a look at both images after the jump.
Original Source: New Images Of Channing Tatum, The Rock, And Snake Eyes From GI Joe Retaliation - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-05-2012, 03:10 PM   #1364
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The Ghost HAWK II has received a lot of criticism since its debut at Toy Fair 2012. Be it the fact that it comes with an under-articulated Duke pilot, the fact that it deviates from the original GI Joe VTOL design by Massive Black, or the most common complaint, its color scheme! It's been said to resemble something out of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, 90's GI Joe/Battle Corps, take your pick.

However, in different colors we can see it in a new light. HissTank boards member sg3 repainted his Ghost HAWK II and added some new weaponry. The end result is a more militaristic looking Ghost HAWK II with a paint scheme similar to World War II era US Navy aircraft. Here's what Sg3 had to say:

"I Repainted this in Gunship Grey and light grey. Added 2 mini guns on the inside weapons pylons and ditched the bombs and upper missiles. Took sheet plastic and filled in the bottom of the tail boom. Looked horrible not finished. I was disappointed in the refueling probe and the ordinance. Hasbro couldn't spend the few extra cents to make whole parts? This lets leave half of the parts unfinished looks like crap. I would have spent a couple of extra dollars for it to have fully formed ordinance and such. Otherwise I like the plane. The pilot would be better with more articulation. The sculpt is nice and I like the figure (and the fact the helmet is on he is no longer Duke). I have to get used to looking at it front on due to the fact that it looks like an Amtrak P42DC locomotive, lol, but still a neat looking plane."

See it for yourself after the jump!
Original Source: Sg3 Redeems The Ghost HAWK II - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-05-2012, 07:21 PM   #1365
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The Ghost HAWK II has received a lot of criticism since its debut at Toy Fair 2012. Be it the fact that it comes with an under-articulated Duke pilot, the fact that it deviates from the original GI Joe VTOL design by Massive Black, or the most common complaint, its color scheme! It's been said to resemble something out of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, 90's GI Joe/Battle Corps, take your pick.

However, in different colors we can see it in a new light. HissTank boards member sg3 repainted his Ghost HAWK II and added some new weaponry. The end result is a more militaristic looking Ghost HAWK II with a paint scheme similar to World War II era US Navy aircraft. Here's what Sg3 had to say:

"I Repainted this in Gunship Grey and light grey. Added 2 mini guns on the inside weapons pylons and ditched the bombs and upper missiles. Took sheet plastic and filled in the bottom of the tail boom. Looked horrible not finished. I was disappointed in the refueling probe and the ordinance. Hasbro couldn't spend the few extra cents to make whole parts? This lets leave half of the parts unfinished looks like crap. I would have spent a couple of extra dollars for it to have fully formed ordinance and such. Otherwise I like the plane. The pilot would be better with more articulation. The sculpt is nice and I like the figure (and the fact the helmet is on he is no longer Duke). I have to get used to looking at it front on due to the fact that it looks like an Amtrak P42DC locomotive, lol, but still a neat looking plane."

See it for yourself after the jump!
Original Source: Sg3 Redeems The Ghost HAWK II - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-05-2012, 11:10 PM   #1366
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The highly anticipated, movie accurate Ninja Duel Snake Eyes from the GI Joe Retaliation toyline has been delayed until early next year, but you can see how it turned out right now! HissTank boards member Grippen obtained an early sample from overseas and has posted his review here. Read on to check out how the latest figure of the silent ninja commando turned out!
Original Source: GI Joe Ninja Duel Snake Eyes Review - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-05-2012, 11:10 PM   #1367
ThundeRSS

Quote:
What if Hasbro decided to make an internet exclusive wave(or waves) of [bGI Joe[/b] figures, with the following criteria:
  • Figures can only be re-releases, repaints, and/or kitbashes/frankenjoes using existing tooling, NO ALL NEW TOOLING
  • On generic cards with no character-specific card art(think Basic GI Joe cards)
  • More weapons/accessories INSTEAD of missle launchers/ziplines AKA POC style..
If Hasbro ever decided to make such a thing, which figures would you want to see? We are doing this just for fun, so let us know what you would like to see! Please take the above criteria into account before posting.

Some of the suggestions include:
  • Zombie Viper in Hazard Viper colors
  • 25th Anniversary Alpine
  • Hall Of Heroes Firefly as Sabre Tooth
  • Steel Brigade Delta
  • Lifeline repaint in desert fatigues
For figures that you would like to see kitbashed/frankenjoe'd, try to list the parts you would like to see used. Discuss!
Original Source: IF Hasbro Were To Make An Internet Exclusive Wave Of Repaints/Rereleases/Frankenjoes.... - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-05-2012, 11:40 PM   #1368
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Recently, Japanese e-tailer e-hobbyshop announced a partnership with the Transformers Collectors' Club. According to their Twitter account, they are also guaging interest in bringing over GI Joe Club Exclusives to Japan. On the flip side, presumably, if e-hobby were to offer exclusive GI Joe items to the Japanese market, a partnership with Fun Publications would be an opportunity to bring those exclusives here through the GI Joe Collectors' Club.

We haven't heard much else but stay tuned!
Original Source: E-hobby Guaging Interest In Bringing GI Joe Exclusives To Japan - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-06-2012, 07:40 PM   #1369
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Recently, Japanese e-tailer e-hobbyshop announced a partnership with the Transformers Collectors' Club. According to their Twitter account, they are also gauging interest in bringing over GI Joe Club Exclusives to Japan. On the flip side, presumably, if e-hobby were to offer exclusive GI Joe items to the Japanese market, a partnership with Fun Publications would be an opportunity to bring those exclusives here through the GI Joe Collectors' Club.

We haven't heard much else but stay tuned!
Original Source: E-hobby Gauging Interest In Bringing GI Joe Exclusives To Japan - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-06-2012, 08:50 PM   #1370
ThundeRSS

Quote:
More new photos from G. I. Joe: Retaliation has surfaced recently. This time by the photographer Jaimie Trueblood.

Out of the new photos, the fan favorite is surely the image of Cobra Commander.

It is kind of strange these photos surfacing all of a sudden when the movie is more than 9 months away, but we certainly aren't complaining.

Check 'em out... after the jump.
Original Source: More New G. I. Joe: Retaliation Images - Cobra Commander, Roadblock, Storm Shadow And More - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe