TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 09-02-2011, 10:23 AM   #1
Tony_Bacala
Cornelius Tunar FTW
Use this as a countdown, live discussion, and post ep recap place to talk!

Thundercats 107 Legacy airs tonight at 8:30 PM on Cartoon Network.
Tony_Bacala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:37 PM   #2
guard convoy
FOR REFERENCE!
really looking forward to this episode, i am begging that they put in the actual silverhawks, if they did, it would become the best show EVER
guard convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:51 PM   #3
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
I'll unfortunately be missing the airing of tonight's episode, but I've got my VCR set to record it for me. Can't wait to see it. Though it probably won't be till Monday before I get a chance to sit down and watch it, lol.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:41 PM   #4
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by guard convoy View Post
really looking forward to this episode, i am begging that they put in the actual silverhawks, if they did, it would become the best show EVER
I'm hoping against that. Leave it at Mon*Star. That's thousands of years in the past. I'd like the Silverhawks to actually interact with the Thundercats later. Mon*Star, like Mumm-Ra, could possibly live that long, but I don't think the Silverhawks would.

Well....unless they had really good mechanics to help with their cybernetics I suppose...
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:21 PM   #5
merlin
wizard
snarf sound like cat - i wait see this ep tonight
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:31 PM   #6
Balgus82
MTVGeek had an advance screening for anyone wanting to look. Thought I'd post it in the talkback thread so no one who wishes to stay away from (slight)spoilers won't read it.

‘ThunderCats’ 1.07: ‘Legacy’ Advanced Impressions (Spoilers!) ยป MTV Geek
Old 09-02-2011, 04:55 PM   #7
Pinero
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
I'll unfortunately be missing the airing of tonight's episode, but I've got my VCR set to record it for me. Can't wait to see it. Though it probably won't be till Monday before I get a chance to sit down and watch it, lol.
vcr? im not going to be home neither to watch but my cable provider box will record it, who still use vcr's? lmaoooooo
im not so much amped about this episode other then why the cats used to work for mummra being revelead is my only concern. im sure this ep will have its moments but its not worth for me to sit around on this good friday to find out
Pinero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:40 PM   #8
Balgus82
I still have a VCR too. Not everyone can afford DVR.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:42 PM   #9
DESTRO
Overlord Of Evil
That's epic they forged the sword!
Old 09-02-2011, 07:57 PM   #10
Shadowknight1
Thunder Kitty
So who was Leo's babe, I wonder.

And that was some EPIC battle armor.
Shadowknight1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:00 PM   #11
merlin
wizard
i love jegan ghost in book of omens
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:01 PM   #12
guard convoy
FOR REFERENCE!
can't WAIT to watch the new episode, but unfortunately it won't be availible for me to watch until it is online
Old 09-02-2011, 08:01 PM   #13
DESTRO
Overlord Of Evil
That's good story telling, what a great episode. By far the best re-boot of a classic.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:02 PM   #14
Saint Phe
Thunder Kitty
AWESOME episode. I love this show so much. Didn't like Leo's powered up armor too much, but Mumm-ra's final form was tooooooooo cool. Can't wait to get a figure of that!
Saint Phe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:06 PM   #15
GrimlocksPS
Thunder Kitty
Amazing episode! So much to it too.
GrimlocksPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:06 PM   #16
LordLionO
Hear the Roar.
Very solid indeed, glad to see such a rich backstory being given to this universe.
LordLionO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:11 PM   #17
Beej B
Loves the new show!!!
For once, all I can say is WOW. Absolutely awesome episode.

Nice to see Terry and Max reunited, too. *wink*
Beej B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:12 PM   #18
Lion-OH
Thunder Kitty
Incredible episode! What an awesome show. I'm going to watch that one again.
Lion-OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:13 PM   #19
Jack-Pumpkinhead
Thunderan Thespian
SPOILERS IN THIS REVIEW

Wow, that was awesome! I love how they got ghost Jaga in, we knew he'd be there somehow. Leo is cool, I especially loved the other species and the ancestors of Ssslithe and Jackalman (Sorry, Kayner). I'm kinda wondering if the Tigersharks survived into the present or not.

Also, did anyone else look at Mumm-Ra's armor and go, "Oh god, that looks like Hordak"? Cause I did, and I LOVED having that reaction.

Next week will rule!
Jack-Pumpkinhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:13 PM   #20
JamesBenjamin
Thunder Kitty
Ok, so what's the silverhawks reference? I watched the show as a kid, but didn't catch whatever happened in this episode referencing it...

Last edited by JamesBenjamin; 09-04-2011 at 06:13 AM..
JamesBenjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:16 PM   #21
Tony_Bacala
Cornelius Tunar FTW
Woah. Friggin good one. Will post more later after I absorb it all.

All I'm saying - Want the robosuits!
Old 09-02-2011, 08:19 PM   #22
guard convoy
FOR REFERENCE!
The Silverhawks reference was that Mon-Starr appeared on a screen, that's all i have heard

SPOILER POTENTIAL

so since they will be stone-hunting, there is no doubt in my mind silverhawks and tigersharks each will have a stone and be introduced, which makes me happy
Old 09-02-2011, 08:20 PM   #23
Beej B
Loves the new show!!!
@JamesBenjamin - Mon*Star on the monitor.
Beej B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:20 PM   #24
Steevy Maximus
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Pumpkinhead View Post
Also, did anyone else look at Mumm-Ra's armor and go, "Oh god, that looks like Hordak"? Cause I did, and I LOVED having that reaction.
Next week will rule!
I really enjoyed what they are doing with the "power stones", but I do fear too much of the series will devolve to "search for stone x" and while I enjoy those big story arcs, its the characters that will sell the series, and I don't feel we've gotten very good "character pieces" since Lion-O's stint as Ahab and Panthro's bit last episode. Then again, the writers HAVe surprised me with how they are taking the series in different directions, so I suppose I shouldn't be concerned.

But you KNOW the toy designers at Bandai are thinking "So those gauntlet things turn into magical armor? Hello new toy renditions!". Makes me wonder if we'll get those armor suits in the deluxe range if they make another appearance later in the series (which I"m betting will happen, you can't let something as cool as Mumm-Ra's "powered form" be a one off)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBenjamin View Post
Ok, so what's the silverhawks reference? I watched the show as a kid, but didn't catch whatever happened in this episode referencing it...
During the planetary assault (which itself many including myself, see as a Silverhawks reference with the squid soldiers), Mon*Star's "base form" can be seen on Mumm Ra's large screen.
Steevy Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:34 PM   #25
IXRolloutIX
Thunder Kitty
*Possible SPOILERY Material*

This episode was RIDICULOUS... Not that that is a BAD thing. But when Mumm-ra and Leo transformed into their super robo forms, I couldn't help but smile.

Never-the-less, a great episode. This series continues to wow me.
IXRolloutIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:46 PM   #26
JASONKAT
Thunder Kitty
This was a kinda "stupid" episode. And im not sure if it was the writing of it or the "dialog".
I can understand most people love the whole space thing and bots or big things fighting w eachother. But im not 1 of em. If they had to show lion-o that lil world he saw, i would have liked it better Where he was a ghost looking at sum1 else do the things w mumra and then him finding out how it all went down. But to each its own, im sure people loved this anyhow. The only 1 good part i saw here was the ending where he comes back to life and every1 is looking at him.
JASONKAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:54 PM   #27
Shenlon
Thunder Kitty
This Episode was amazing,Simply Amazing.

I think this almost guarantees a deluxe claw shield. This should make a lot of toy fans happy since the basic version is so small. The only thing is it will I guess be designed with the stones embedded. So It can either look really cool or look like it came out of the bedazzler LOL.

I hope they release a Mumm-Ra version hand shield and sword of plundar.

and I will start praying now that we get some form of Super Armor Mumm-Ra and Leo , Oh that would be sweeeeet.
Shenlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:54 PM   #28
Tony_Bacala
Cornelius Tunar FTW
I am one of those people.

It was a little weird I think that he actually took over the body, etc. I think watching would have been better too. BUT - it's an alternate dimension blah blah so anything goes.

That aside, the actual ep I thought was great. Stones, forging the sword, explaining how they all got on the planet (not evolution) - ROBO SUIT BATTLES. I'm down with it all.

Good way to get some new mythos, new designs, new TOYS (hint), and new angles to the story lines - without forcing that down our throats as part of the main plot this early on.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:57 PM   #29
Joe Moore
Administrator
Thundercats Episode 7 - Legacy Review
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:58 PM   #30
RydenJager
Thunder Kitty
This...episode...was...so...EPIC!!!!!! Leo looked SO COOL!!!

Metallic Mumm-Ra!?!?! HOLY SMACK!!!! I was all, oh no...that sucks!

Then they had to do it, ARMORED LEO!!!!! IT WAS SO AWESOME!!! They need to sell that armor as a custom Deluxe Lion-O Figure when he gets the stone in the show!!!!

I so can't wait til next week!!!

KEEP THE EPISODES COMING!!!!
RydenJager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:06 PM   #31
mihoshi
Thunder Kitty
What was the name of Leo's girlfriend? I didn't catch it. But both she and the sword forgers were SO TALL Leo looked like a shrimp!

This episode was amazing. I wonder why the stone was on Third Earth, and who the original inhabitants are, since the "animals" are all aliens. Is there a home planet of Thundera? Did they willfully abandon technology because of their bad past with Mumm-Ra or were they forced to abandon it after crashing? Why did the animal alliance ultimately fail? So many questions!
mihoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:13 PM   #32
Shadowknight1
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihoshi View Post
What was the name of Leo's girlfriend? I didn't catch it. But both she and the sword forgers were SO TALL Leo looked like a shrimp!

This episode was amazing. I wonder why the stone was on Third Earth, and who the original inhabitants are, since the "animals" are all aliens. Is there a home planet of Thundera? Did they willfully abandon technology because of their bad past with Mumm-Ra or were they forced to abandon it after crashing? Why did the animal alliance ultimately fail? So many questions!

I don't know if her name was even mentioned.

As for the animal alliance breaking down, that's simple. Some time after the landing, probably 1000 years or so, one of the Thunderan leaders decided that he wanted to rule, tore down the alliance, and took the best stuff for himself and the cats, thus beginning the kingdom of Thundera.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:19 PM   #33
Shenlon
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowknight1 View Post
I don't know if her name was even mentioned.

As for the animal alliance breaking down, that's simple. Some time after the landing, probably 1000 years or so, one of the Thunderan leaders decided that he wanted to rule, tore down the alliance, and took the best stuff for himself and the cats, thus beginning the kingdom of Thundera.
You maybe right , but then this would make the cats tyrants. One of Lion-Os ancestors would have had to betray the alliance , Not a good look for the good guys.

I am hoping its something else.

I mean it would be kinda bad , The cats were over all the animals and then Leo lead the rebellion , united the animals , then him or one of his ancestors betrayed the alliance , and decimated the other animals to the point where they did not have an army to take them on , and then established themselves as rulers of 3rd earth.

Last edited by Shenlon; 09-02-2011 at 09:24 PM..
Old 09-02-2011, 09:29 PM   #34
Sideswipe80
Thunder Kitty
Hasn't aired here yet, but is Mumm Ra origin explained or hinted at?
Sideswipe80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:30 PM   #35
guard convoy
FOR REFERENCE!
just watched it.....THAT WAS F'IN BRILLIANT!

i love this show so frickin much
Old 09-02-2011, 09:34 PM   #36
mihoshi
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenlon View Post
I mean it would be kinda bad , The cats were over all the animals and then Leo lead the rebellion , united the animals , then him or one of his ancestors betrayed the alliance , and decimated the other animals to the point where they did not have an army to take them on , and then established themselves as rulers of 3rd earth.
That would be lame. It's probably going to come down to a misunderstanding, since the animals distrust the Cats so much.
mihoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:36 PM   #37
ciberw0lf
Thunder Kitten
Need armored Leo and Mumm-ra figures BAD!
ciberw0lf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:37 PM   #38
guard convoy
FOR REFERENCE!
Loved how armored Leo was basically GARO

this was easily one of the best episodes so far if not the best
Old 09-02-2011, 10:05 PM   #39
Tony_Bacala
Cornelius Tunar FTW
200 HD Screen Captures

http://www.thundercats.ws/news/thund...reen-caps-252/
Old 09-02-2011, 10:06 PM   #40
Joe Moore
Administrator
I definitely want the armored versions of Mumm-Ra and Leo. Great designs on them too.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:07 PM   #41
Shadowknight1
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
You maybe right , but then this would make the cats tyrants. One of Lion-Os ancestors would have had to betray the alliance , Not a good look for the good guys.

I am hoping its something else.

Ummm, the Cats WERE tyrants. Seriously, the lizards were slaves, the dogs were being beaten in the streets, while cats pretty much lived the good life. Lion-O is the best thing to happen to the Cats.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:16 PM   #42
MONSTAR
Thunder Kitty
Man i gotta say that this is currently the only cartoon that i watch on tv. And that i dont mind waiting a week to watch! ..... This episode was awesome i was left wondering who that lion-o look a like was last week and in this episode my questions were answered..... Im still wondering if the
new Thundercats will make an appearance besides just being cameos?
MONSTAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:19 PM   #43
Shenlon
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowknight1 View Post
Ummm, the Cats WERE tyrants. Seriously, the lizards were slaves, the dogs were being beaten in the streets, while cats pretty much lived the good life. Lion-O is the best thing to happen to the Cats.
The cats were slaves also , maybe slaves that had it 100x better than the rest , but still slaves.

and the real Tyrant was Mumm-Ra not the Cats. The cats had to do as Mumm-Ra ordered or they would be killed like the rest.

or maybe you mean in the recent past (1st Episode) and you are right. They treated the dogs and the lizards horribly , but these both took place in the slums of the town with not the nicest bunch of cats around.. The one who beat the dog also tried to rob Lion-O he did not care who he was robbing. , and we cannot be sure if Claudis sanctioned the lizards in stocks or not.. and I agree that Lion-O will bring peace to 3rd earth.

I just have always had an idealistic image of the Cats and I do not want to lose that now. But maybe that is what they want , the grey area , not straight good versus evil.

Last edited by Shenlon; 09-02-2011 at 10:26 PM..
Old 09-02-2011, 10:22 PM   #44
Joe Moore
Administrator
Quote:
The cats were slaves also , maybe slaves that had it 100x better than the rest , but still slaves.

and the real Tyrant was Mumm-Ra not the Cats. The cats had to do as Mumm-Ra ordered or they would be killed like the rest.

or maybe you mean in the recent past (1st Episode) and you are right. They treated the dogs and the lizards horribly. and I agree that Lion-O will bring peace to 3rd earth.
But by the first episode of the series, the Cats were the top of the food chain. They were living in luxury, and all the other species' were in squalor, fighting for scraps in the wild.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:25 PM   #45
SPLIT LIP
King of Braves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_Bacala View Post
Wait, how'd you get those caps?
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:27 PM   #46
Joe Moore
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT LIP View Post
He took them from the show, like we do every week.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:28 PM   #47
guard convoy
FOR REFERENCE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT LIP View Post
the episode has been online since about 8:30-9:00 pm central time i believe, thats how i saw it
Old 09-02-2011, 10:30 PM   #48
SPLIT LIP
King of Braves
Wish I new where to find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Moore View Post
He took them from the show, like we do every week.
I know, I meant where'd he find the ep.
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:33 PM   #49
Shadowknight1
Thunder Kitty
Quote:

or maybe you mean in the recent past (1st Episode) and you are right. They treated the dogs and the lizards horribly , but these both took place in the slums of the town with not the nicest bunch of cats around.. The one who beat the dog also tried to rob Lion-O he did not care who he was robbing. , and we cannot be sure if Claudis sanctioned the lizards in stocks or not.. and I agree that Lion-O will bring peace to 3rd earth.

I just have always had an idealistic image of the Cats and I do not want to lose that now. But maybe that is what they want , the grey area , not straight good versus evil.
I meant the recent past.

And don't lose that idealistic image of the Cats. Mainly because if Lion-O gets his way, the kingdom will not be built the same way.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:40 PM   #50
Sideswipe80
Thunder Kitty
Watching now, I'm still not sure if Mumm Ra is an alien or demon. I hope we get an origin tale for him.
Sideswipe80 is offline   Reply With Quote