TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Litter Box - Off Topic > Toys
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2012, 12:00 PM   #1101
ThundeRSS
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Originally posted by: Deefuzz @ HissTank.com

Quote:
Thanks to a new Amazon listing, we now have word on an upcoming new book that will be of interest to many G.I. Joe fans. The book is titled G.I. Joe: Field Manual Volume 1 and will be brought to us by Jim Sorenson and Bill Forster. Sorenson and Forster are the same duo who have brought Transformers Fans a few well received titles in the past such as: Transformers: The Ark (Vol. 1 and 2) and the fan favorite Transformers Animated: The Allspark Almanac (Vol. 1 and 2).

The product description lends a little insight as to what we might expect from this new project:

Relive your favorite memories of the classic G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero cartoon with the G.I. Joe Field Manual Volume 1, an amazing archive of beautiful animation models. From Roadblock to Zartan, the Skystriker to the H.I.S.S. Tank, the Weather Dominator to the U.S.S. Flagg - all of your favorite characters, vehicles, and world-conquering devices are present in this amazing volume. Thrill to never-before-published production artwork and behind-the-scenes designs that made the classic 80's Joe cartoon so memorable. With over a thousand images from the first sixty five episodes of G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero, and a new foreword from lead designer and comic book legend Russ Heath, you won't want to miss out on the G.I. Joe Field Manual Volume 1.

This IDW Publishing produced product is currently slated for a release on September 11, 2012.
Original Source: G.I. JOE: Field Manual Volume 1 Listing on Amazon - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
ThundeRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:11 PM   #1102
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: Shin Densetsu @ HissTank.com

Quote:
Here's a preview of Snake Eyes #11, scheduled for release tomorrow, March 21st!

Snake Eyes #11
The Commander demands satisfaction! COBRA's war on a helpless sovereign nation roars toward its conclusion. Snake Eyes is alone against the Red Ninjas led by Storm Shadow in the Temple of the Bells as weapons of mass destruction fall over Nanzhao. The Joes are in jeopardy at a border crossing against a squadron of B.A.T.s. Storm Shadow offers Snake Eyes a devil's deal; the key to the heart of COBRA. Will the most dangerous Joe accept?

Read on to preview this new issue!
Original Source: Snake Eyes #11 Preview - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-20-2012, 08:00 PM   #1103
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: DESTRO @ HissTank.com

Quote:
Since GIJOE Retaliation toys seem to be the theme of the week, I noticed there were a few pictures I took of GIJOE Movie Retaliation toys that did not make there way to the front page from Toy Fair 2012. Enjoy a quick refresh of what is to come with these 70+ images of GIJOE Retaliation.

GIJOE Movie Figures Include:
  • SDCC 2012 Shockwave H.I.S.S. with Decepticon Destro and Devastator B.A.T.
  • Snake Eyes
  • Storm Shadow
  • Blind Master
  • SDCC 2012 Jinx
  • Roadblock
  • FireFly
  • Cobra Commander

Many more GIJOE Retaliation images after the jump.
Original Source: GIJOE Movie 2 Retaliation Extra Toy Fair 2012 Images - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-22-2012, 02:40 PM   #1104
ThundeRSS

Quote:
A new image of Bruce Willis as "Joe Colton" in GIJOE Retaliation has just been released, with Adrianne Palicki as Lady Jaye in the background.

Bruce Willis "Joe Colton" GIJOE Retaliation Movie
Original Source: Bruce Willis "Joe Colton" In GIJOE Retaliation - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-23-2012, 11:30 AM   #1105
ThundeRSS

Quote:
GIJOE March Madness 2012 Round Two Voting Last Chance!

For those of you who were waiting for the GIJOE March Madness 2012 round two Bracket and Voting, it is now up and live. Make sure you vote for your favorite GIJOE and Cobra characters as only one will make their way to the top, to be our 2012 fans choice winner!

To cast your vote click the Discuss Button.
Original Source: GIJOE March Madness 2012 Round Two Voting Last Chance - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-24-2012, 07:40 AM   #1106
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISSTANK.com is taking a look back at GIJOE Movie Toys from Rise of Cobra aka ROC! We will be featuring figures and vehicles that may have been overlooked by collectors and may deserve a second chance. Up next is Jungle Assault Storm Shadow, one of those rare unreleased Rise Of Cobra figures that only made it's way out, via eBay.

GIJOE Movie Storm Shadow | eBay

Many more GIJOE Movie Jungle Assault Storm Shadow images after the jump!
Original Source: GIJOE Movie Rise Of Cobra Rewind Jungle Assault Storm Shadow - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-24-2012, 09:10 AM   #1107
ThundeRSS

Quote:
GIJOE March Madness 2012 Sweet 16 Voting!

For those of you who were waiting for the GIJOE March Madness 2012 Sweet 16 Bracket and Voting, it is now up and live. Make sure you vote for your favorite GIJOE and Cobra characters as only one will make their way to the top, to be our 2012 fans choice winner!

Original Source: GIJOE March Madness 2012 Sweet 16 Voting - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-24-2012, 04:40 PM   #1108
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HissTank boards member Tim Finn of HUB Comics brings us news that Larry Hama will be making his 1st ever appearance in Boston on April 7th! Hama will be signing and sketching over at HUB Comics. Here's more info:

Good news, Massachusetts and Rhode Island fans. Larry Hama will make his first ever Boston-area appearance, signing at Hub Comics in Somerville's Union Square, on Saturday April 7 from 11am to 4pm. We'll have IDW graphic novels and single issues for sale, and Larry will sign and sketch and a good time will be had by all.

Hub Comics is in the triangle made by the MBTA's Davis, Porter, Harvard, and Sullivan Square stations, and is bus-accessible on the 85, 86, 87, 91, and CT2 routes. Metered parking is available around the store. More here, with hours, a map, and info on our other spring signings and events.

Mr. Finn sports red glasses, so if you come through, feel free to introduce yourself to him as a HissTank member!
Original Source: Larry Hama Signing At HUB Comics April 7th - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-24-2012, 09:21 PM   #1109
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Check out this crazy fan made GIJOE Video Game Attack on Cobra Island
Original Source: GI JOE - Attack on Cobra Island Fan made Video Game - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-25-2012, 12:40 AM   #1110
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: Deefuzz @ HissTank.com

Quote:
The GI Joe Collectors' Club has posted another first look at an in-package figure from the second movie, G.I. Joe Retaliation. This time the figure is Master of Disguise, Zartan, along with a short fun description:

"Zartan carries out his sinister missions for Cobra Commander. As the master of disguise, Zartan can impersonate anyone, but if you look closely into his eyes, you might see a tell-tale reddish glow that reveals his true identity!"

Click on the thumbnail for a closer look!
Original Source: G.I. Joe Retaliation Zartan Packaging - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-25-2012, 09:00 PM   #1111
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: TTT @ HissTank.com

Quote:
Your fellow HISS tanker Bad Sociologist made these custom Cobra Toxo-Zombies, lots of sculpting, kitbashing & thorough paint apps make these 2 ...to die for......*crickets*

Click the Discuss button for all the pics & details.
Original Source: Custom Cobra Modern Era Toxo-Zombies - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-26-2012, 07:51 AM   #1112
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: Super_Megatron @ HissTank.com

Quote:
The 2012 80s Toy Expo will be April 1st at the Sheraton Parkway Toronto North Hotel - 600 Highway 7 East, Richmond Hill, Ontario.

The show features a huge selection of vintage 80s toys and all the latest releases from today such as GIJoe (vintage and modern), Transformers (vintage and Japanese imports), Masters of the Universe (vintage and modern), Star Wars (new and vintage), Super Heroes (Marvel Universe/Legends, DCUC etc), Wrestling, and tons of other Action Figures and collectibles.

Featuring the exclusive print for 2012 by Matt Moylan. Matt will be setup at the event selling prints and doing sketches for the attendees.
Former WWF Tag Team Champion Fred Ottman aka Tugboat/Typhoon/Shockmaster is scheduled to attend from 9:30 AM to 3 PM.
Plus the 501st Canadian Garrison representing the Galactic Empire in the Star Wars universe with Stromtroopers, Sith Lords, Bounty Hunters and other Imperial Denizens. They will join the event for photo ops with attendees.

You can RSVP to the 2012 Facebook event here.
Original Source: 2012 Canadian 80s Toy Expo is THIS WEEKEND - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-26-2012, 07:20 PM   #1113
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Thanks to HISS Tank.com boards member Skywarrped for pointing out that Sears.com has posted up images of upcoming GIJOE Movie Retaliation Roadblock.

Carded GIJOE Retaliation Movie Figures Include:
  • Roadblock Retaliation
  • Duke Retaliation
  • Cobra Commander Retaliation
More GIJOE Movie Retaliation images after the jump.
Original Source: Roadblock GIJOE Retaliations Carded Movie Figure - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-26-2012, 09:10 PM   #1114
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISS TANK.com is taking a look at the past with our G.I.Joe Vintage ARAH Flash Back. Next up is DESTRO!

Code Name:
DESTRO
Enemy Weapons Supplier

"If I didn't make and sell weaponry, somebody really evil would be doing it!"

From his grim castle in the Scottish highlands, DESTRO builds and peddles his instruments of destruction! DESTRO and COBRA COMMANDER despise each other, but maintain an alliance of convenience. Although DESTRO is twice the tactician and three times the soldier than COBRA COMMANDER, he is disadvantaged by his own sense of honor in the face of COBRA COMMANDER's utter ruthlessness! This master of armaments frequently commands COBRA's newest battlefield devastator-the Earthquake!

Weapons and Gear:
Laser-powered, rapid fire, "burp" machine gun.
Razor sharp, armor cutting disc.
High-tech, computer controlled disc launcher.

Ancient Scottish emblem symbolizing absolute power and the DESTRO family crest!
Steel mask symbolizing the pride and secrecy of the DESTRO family.

Wrist-based, tele-communicator.

Many more ARAH DESTRO images after the jump!
Original Source: G.I.JOE Vintage ARAH Flash Back Destro Enemy Weapons Supplier - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-27-2012, 02:40 AM   #1115
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Your fellow HISS tanker Shipwreck made this custom G.I. Joe Model USS Flagg (CVN-99)

" Scratch built items
- 4 SkyHawk VoTL fighters
-4 One Man Subs- SHARC
-1 Tomahawk Helicopter
-2 Conquest X30

-all missiles, bombs and or Racks on planes with folded wings.
Below deck has catwalks, shuttle equipment, Hangar deck is scratch built completely, photos include some pre-assembly and Mock-up work.

Many crewmen are on deck. including face Joes!
Scarlett and Snake Eyes(in conversation by a Skystriker toward the stern of the ship) Wetsuit and Gung-ho(by the Sharc squadron) Duke and Flint(by the skyhawk squadron)
General Hawk with another officer( on bridge )
Green shirts(in various places along walkways or by guns. )
Shipwreck( by stairwell talking to another sailor toward the back of a sea-Sparrow station Starboard Aft)
Wildbill and dropzone (by An updated Dragonfly(DragonHawk)
Random sailors and crew in various places along the ship.

this ship is 1:500 scale. measuring at 29 3/4" long. 22" from base to top of the mast and is at least 5 inches wide."

Original Source: Custom G.I. Joe Model USS Flagg (CVN-99) - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-27-2012, 08:11 AM   #1116
ThundeRSS

Quote:
GIJOE March Madness 2012 Sweet 16 Vote Ending!

For those of you who did not vote yet in the Sweet 16 Bracket, voting will be ending shortly. Make sure you vote for your favorite GIJOE and Cobra characters as only one will make their way to the top, to be our 2012 fans choice winner!

Original Source: GIJOE March Madness 2012 Sweet 16 Vote Ending - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-27-2012, 02:50 PM   #1117
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Three GI Joe Comics will be released tomorrow by IDW and we've got the previews for them!

Cobra #11
'COBRA COMMAND' CONCLUDES! This is it-the final battle as the JOEs struggle to survive. Everything changes here! Who lives-who dies-who wins? The answers aren't what you expect, and the foundation for the future of G.I. Joe starts here!

GI Joe Retaliation Prequel #3
THE PREQUEL TO THIS SUMMER'S MOST ANTICIPATED MOVIE STRIKES AGAIN! Snake Eyes-a deadly ninja. Roadblock-an unparalleled commando. Now's the time for them to match skills and throw down. Who'll win in this battle of fighting styles? It's no holds barred brawling with the bad guys in the middle-plus, new secrets of Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow are revealed!

Infestation 2 GI Joe #2
Unspeakable madness seeps out of the portal Cobra has opened, and it threatens to take over the entire Cobra base... and then spread across the globe! The only hope for survival lies in an unusual alliance between Snake Eyes and master-of-the-occult Crystal Ball. And who knows what role Storm Shadow will play! Pulse pounding horror excitement awaits!
Original Source: Infestation 2 GI Joe #2, Cobra #11, And GI Joe Retaliation Prequel #3 Previews - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-27-2012, 02:50 PM   #1118
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Robert Atkins has updated his blog with a Scarlett illustration that he was commissioned to draw back in 2009. This original illustration was inked with Copic multiliner pens and brush pens and was completed in 3 hours. Here's some more background info on it:

I'm currently working through any of these I have outstanding for my blog posts in March and I'll keep working on them until they're all done. This Scarlett is one of those rare gems that really slipped through the cracks. Checking back in my records, I took this on at Heroes Con in 2009....!!!!! uh....So this is where the confession comes in. heh. I had completely forgotten about this. I think Mike might have as well, or atleast he forgot to bug me about it occasionally. Either way, it's been a ridiculously long time coming. Officially my longest outstanding con commission to date. Dang. So Mike will get this lovely Scarlett and a whole bundle of other stuff, books, prints and whatever I can find to cover my guilt. The one benefit to any of you that have to wait for a commission, is that I can guarantee that I'm a better artist than I was when you originally commissioned me. So there's atleast that benefit.

The best is yet to come, take a closer look by clicking the thumbnail!
Original Source: Robert Atkins Scarlett Commission - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-27-2012, 08:11 PM   #1119
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Fun Publications sent out an email with further information about the recent credit card fraud issue affecting them:

Quote:
Here is the latest update on the credit card security investigation.

The firm we have hired to analyze our former ecommerce server and software has preliminarily determined that we did incur a SQL injection code attack sometime before Christmas. Our ISP did have a commercial product installed that was supposed to defeat these types of attacks, but apparently it failed.

This allowed the hackers access to our order information. While it is still unknown exactly what data they were able to harvest (investigation continues) we need to assume that they were able to extract all of our order information. The security firm thinks that this attack has allowed the hackers to come back periodically and harvest more information. However, once the old server was taken out of service (around February 21st) there was nothing left for them to access.

Once this information was stolen, (no matter if it was back before Christmas) there is no time frame as to when the thieves may sell or try to use the information to purport credit card theft.

What does this mean to me?

We are asking again that anyone who has used a credit card in our old online systems in the past year (NOT THE NEW STORE) to get your card replaced immediately. If you have done this already, there is no action required on your part.

We apologize for the inconvenience, we know this whole thing is a pain, but it is better to replace the cards than have to deal with any issues that may result from this theft of data. Even though the amount of fraud has greatly declined, we are still receiving a customer report every few days of someone else (who hasn’t replaced their cards) getting hit. We strongly encourage you to take this step immediately if you have not done so already. Again, this DOES NOT pertain to any cards that have been used in the new store.

What is the plan?

We are still working on all of the issues and are several weeks away from a final resolution. Our new store is currently offline while we complete the entries and audit the data from the renewals we received last week. Just to reiterate, this new store is a totally different piece of software, at a totally different hosting site. There are hundreds of other retailers using this same software as it is hosted by the software creators.

We hope to have the store online and registration system back online sometime next week. When the store comes back online, we will be adding products slowly so it will take some time to have everything back in the store.

Thank you for your patience and support during this trying issue.

Brian
Original Source: Fun Publications CC Issues - 3/27/12 New Information - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-27-2012, 09:20 PM   #1120
ThundeRSS

Quote:
GIJOE March Madness 2012 Elite 8 Voting!

For those of you who were waiting for the GIJOE March Madness 2012 Elite 8 Bracket and Voting, it is now up and live. Make sure you vote for your favorite GIJOE and Cobra characters as only one will make their way to the top, to be our 2012 fans choice winner!

Original Source: GIJOE March Madness 2012 Elite 8 Voting - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-28-2012, 10:20 AM   #1121
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Spring 2012 video tour of Kokomo Toys. Located at 1244 E. Morgan Street in Kokomo, Indiana 46901. Open to the public Thursday, Friday & Saturday from 12 - 5. Website: www.kokomotoys.com.

GIJOE Instructions: Vintage Vehicle Instructions in Kokomo Toys store on eBay!

GIJOE File Cards: Vintage GI Joe Cobra File Cards items in Kokomo Toys store on eBay!

GIJOE Figure Parts: Vintage GI Joe Cobra Parts in Kokomo Toys store on eBay!

GIJOE Vehicle Parts: Vintage GI Joe Cobra Vehicle Parts in Kokomo Toys store on eBay!
Original Source: Kokomo Toys Sponsor Update - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-29-2012, 07:00 AM   #1122
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISS Tank Sponsor Big Bad Toy Store has provided us with this weeks update. As usual, there are a ton of new arrivals and pre-orders for various toy lines. Included are Masterpiece Vehicle Voltron, The Avengers Movie Toys, The Dark Knight Rises Toys, Kotobukiya, Sideshow, Transformers, McFarlane and more.

Click the headline of the story to see the entire update.

Original Source: Sponsor Update - BBTS - Voltron, MIB3, DC, Marvel, Koto - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-29-2012, 07:40 AM   #1123
ThundeRSS

Quote:
This week, the Joes mourn the loss of someone they knew and trusted in #182, "Funeral for a Friend."

Check out the latest issue and then join us after the jump!
Original Source: Ages 25 & Up #182 - Funeral for a Friend - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-29-2012, 11:10 AM   #1124
ThundeRSS

Quote:
GIJOE March Madness 2012 Elite 8 Vote Ending Soon!

For those of you who were waiting for the GIJOE March Madness 2012 Elite 8 Bracket and Voting, it is now up and live. Make sure you vote for your favorite GIJOE and Cobra characters as only one will make their way to the top, to be our 2012 fans choice winner!

Original Source: GIJOE March Madness 2012 Elite 8 Vote Ending Soon - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-29-2012, 05:50 PM   #1125
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Thanks to ACToys.net boards member Small Evil (小邪恶) for posting up in-hand images of the upcoming release of the GIJOE Retaliation Movie Toy the GIJOE Trooper.

"GIJOE is the worlds greatest special-ops fighting force with top-secret Ninja training from the toughest of masters. Led buy ultimate Ninja Commando Roadblock these elite heroes defend the globe from the evil forces of Cobra.

The GIJOE Trooper is armed for action with enough weapons to win any battle! With his mask and survival cloak, he can withstand the most brutal battle conditions on earth."

Many more GIJOE Movie Retaliation Trooper Images after the jump.
Original Source: GIJOE Retaliation GIJOE Trooper Movie Toy Images - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-30-2012, 10:30 AM   #1126
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISS TANK Sponsor Past Generation Toys has updated with some new pre-orders. Check them out below!

This week @ PastGenerationToys.com

DC Direct Batman preOrders
We just listed the new statues and busts for the new Batman Dark Knight Rises Movie. Busts and statues are coming for Batman, Catwoman, and Bane! Also listed are the
Killer Croc and Mr. Freeze Arkham City Deluxe Action Figures!

Star Wars Vintage Collection Action Figure preOrders
We have Darth Vader, Darth Malgus, Anakin Skywalker, Dr. Evazan Cornelius, Kithaba, 501st Clone Trooper, Luke Skywlaker Hoth Gear and Imperial Navy Commander

Star Wars Clone Wars Action Figure preOrders
Recently posted Republic Commando Boss, Super Battle Droid, Obi-Wan (Season 4), Ahoska Tano Scuba Gear and the new Class II Attack Vehicles

Star Wars Saga Legeds Action Figure preOrders
Two new figures coming in May; Luke Skywalker X-Wing Pilot and ESB Darth Vader

Marvel Universe Comic Book 2 Pack preOrders
Silver Centurion Iron Man and Mandarin Marvel Universe Comic Book Action Figure 2-Pack
Colossus and Juggernaut Warlock Marvel Universe Comic Book Action Figure 2 Pack
Wolverine and Hulk Marvel Universe Comic Book Action Figure 2 Pack

Transformers Bot Shots, Cyberverse Commander, Prime Deluxe and Voyager preOrders

Follow Past Generation Toys on Twitter, @pastgentoys, check out the Past Generation Toys on Facebook page and see what’s new on the PGT Blog! Also, check out this week’s toy GIVEAWAY on Facebook!

Original Source: Sponsor Update - PGT - Marvel, Star Wars, Transformers - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-30-2012, 11:30 AM   #1127
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISS TANK.com is taking a look at the past with our G.I.Joe Vintage ARAH Flash Back. Next up is BLANKA Jungle Fighter!

Blanka Street Fighter II

"Seeing you in action is a joke"

Very little is known about this bizarre fighter from the jungle of Brazil. For years, the natives have reported seeing a half-man, half-beast roaming the rain forest. But, it was only within the last year, that the beast named Blanka appeared in the cities of Brazil and challenging any fighter who would dare appose him. Normally passive and docile, when enraged Blanka attacks like an uncaged animal. Blanka uses his speed and agility to inflict maximum damage on his opponents. He often uses his claws and razor sharp teeth to shred his opponents into small pieces.

Awesome Street Fighter II Moves include:
Electricity Combo
Head Bite
Beast Slap
Flying Claw

And many more....

Many more Blanka Street Fighter II images after the jump!
Original Source: G.I.JOE Vintage ARAH Flash Back Blanka Street Fighter II Capcom - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-30-2012, 03:50 PM   #1128
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: BCYOJOE @ HissTank.com

Quote:
There is an Interview by Screenslam with Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson; Roadblock of G. I. Joe: Retaliation, regarding the upcoming movie by Jon Chu.

Though the clip associated and what was mentioned is brief, this writer strongly believes that there is more to the interview judging by the look and feel of the setting. It is not unusual for entertainment sites to interview actors and publish them in a staggered manner. The recent plethora of statements from the Toy Fair actually came from one big Interview.

“We went through a really detailed training program. We worked a lot with the Navy SEALSs for a good amount of time, weapons handling to become more efficient in weapons and how we were going to enter a room and clear a room and things like that, but for me personally I shifted how I was training.” said The Rock. ”The studio came to me with the idea about starring in the movie and go in a different direction creatively, which really appealed to me.”

We may see more from the interview as we get close to the Release Date.
Original Source: Dwayne Johnson Talks Of Taking G. I. Joe Retaliation In A New Direction - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-30-2012, 04:30 PM   #1129
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Looking around on eBay today we found this very awesome item up for grabs... The 1991 GIJOE Devastator Hydro Water Gun!

"THIS IS A VERY RARE ITEM 1991 GI JOE DEVASTATOR HYDRO WATER GUN,THERE ARE ONLY A COUPLE KNOWN IN THE WORLD AS I GOT THIS FROM A HASBRO ENGINEER WHO WORKED FOR HASBRO IN TGHE 1980S AND EARLY 1990S WHO IS NOW DECEASED.THIS WAS TAKEN OFF THE MARKET AND THERE ARE ONLY A COUPLE OF THESE THAT EXIST.IT IS BRAND NEW IN THE BOX AND BOX IS NEAR MINT.,IT IS A VERY BIG TOY AS THE BOX IS ALMOST 2 FEET LONG.IF YOU WANT ULTRA RARE THEN THIS IS SOMETHING TO CONSIDER.GOOD FUTURE INVESTMENT WITH THIS TOY.ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO CALL JOHN 1401 529 7323"

eBay - 1991-GI-JOE-DEVASTATOR-HYDRO-WATER-GUN-MIB-PROTOTYPE
Original Source: 1991 GIJOE DEVASTATOR HYDRO WATER GUN MIB PROTOTYPE - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-30-2012, 05:00 PM   #1130
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Looking around on eBay today we found this very awesome item up for grabs... The 1991 GIJOE Devastator Hydro Water Gun!

"THIS IS A VERY RARE ITEM 1991 GI JOE DEVASTATOR HYDRO WATER GUN,THERE ARE ONLY A COUPLE KNOWN IN THE WORLD AS I GOT THIS FROM A HASBRO ENGINEER WHO WORKED FOR HASBRO IN TGHE 1980S AND EARLY 1990S WHO IS NOW DECEASED.THIS WAS TAKEN OFF THE MARKET AND THERE ARE ONLY A COUPLE OF THESE THAT EXIST.IT IS BRAND NEW IN THE BOX AND BOX IS NEAR MINT.,IT IS A VERY BIG TOY AS THE BOX IS ALMOST 2 FEET LONG.IF YOU WANT ULTRA RARE THEN THIS IS SOMETHING TO CONSIDER.GOOD FUTURE INVESTMENT WITH THIS TOY.ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO CALL JOHN 1401 529 7323"

eBay - 1991-GI-JOE-DEVASTATOR-HYDRO-WATER-GUN-MIB-PROTOTYPE
Original Source: 1991 GIJOE DEVASTATOR HYDRO WATER GUN MIB PROTOTYPE - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-30-2012, 09:00 PM   #1131
ThundeRSS

Quote:
GIJOE March Madness 2012 Final Four Voting!

For those of you who were waiting for the GIJOE March Madness 2012 Final Four Bracket and Voting, it is now up and live. Make sure you vote for your favorite GIJOE and Cobra characters as only one will make their way to the top, to be our 2012 fans choice winner!

Metal-Head vs. Cross Country

S.A.W. Viper vs. Pathfinder

Original Source: GIJOE March Madness 2012 Final Four Voting - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-31-2012, 04:02 AM   #1132
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Your fellow HISS tanker lance858a made this custom Cobra WWII Baroness.

"Yes, it's another WWII inspired Baroness. I fully realize this is making me a one trick pony but I just love the Baroness too much to stop making these.
Her glasses were made from the clear plastic package so there are clear plastic lenses on them, they're not just empty frames painted on the face."

Original Source: Custom Cobra WWII Baroness - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-31-2012, 10:50 AM   #1133
ThundeRSS

Quote:
It's finally here! It's our Kevin Michael Richardson epic interview episode! But before we get to the man who did the Renegades voice of Roadblock, we had another Kevin join us, Kevin Watts. You may remember Kevin from previous episodes and he holds the show record for being bleeped 44 times in less than 70 seconds back in Episode 38! This time Kevin joins us to talk about his new custom HISS Tank project for this Spring's New Jersey Collectors' Convention. After talking with Kevin, we go into the mailbag to discuss a letter from a listener asking our take on the prices of some of the more popular Pursuit of Cobra figures that were released late into the line and why they are so expensive on the secondary markets.

Episode 48: What’s on JOE Mind? » What's on JOE Mind?
Original Source: Episode 48: What’s on JOE Mind? - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-31-2012, 12:11 PM   #1134
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The GI Joe Collectors' Club has posted an image of GI Joe Retaliation Storm Shadow(from wave 1) in its packaging. Aside from 2 swords and a clip to hold them, Storm Shadow also comes with a "working zipline for sky-high battle action".

Click the thumbnail to take a closer look at the 1st Retaliation Storm Shadow figure.
Original Source: Retaliation Storm Shadow Carded Images - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-01-2012, 07:30 AM   #1135
ThundeRSS

Quote:
GIJOE March Madness 2012 Final Four Voting!

For those of you who were waiting for the GIJOE March Madness 2012 Final Four Bracket and Voting, it is now up and live. Make sure you vote for your favorite GIJOE and Cobra characters as only one will make their way to the top, to be our 2012 fans choice winner!

Metal-Head vs. Cross Country

S.A.W. Viper vs. Pathfinder

Original Source: GIJOE March Madness 2012 Final Four Vote Ending - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-02-2012, 07:00 AM   #1136
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISSTANK.com is taking a look back at GIJOE Movie Toys from Rise of Cobra aka ROC! We will be featuring figures and vehicles that may have been overlooked by collectors and may deserve a second chance. Up next is , one of those rare unreleased Rise Of Cobra figures that only made it's way out, via eBay.

Charbroil GIJOE Movie Rise Of Cobra| eBay

Many more GIJOE Movie Charbroil images after the jump!
Original Source: GIJOE Movie Rise Of Cobra Rewind Charbroil - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-02-2012, 01:50 PM   #1137
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: Tony_Bacala @ HissTank.com

Quote:
HissTank.com is proud to present a project a long time in the making - The HissTank.com G.I. Joe Toy Database (BETA). This is our first attempt at trying to organize and document all the G.I. Joe and Cobra toys, vehicles and more from throughout the years.

We've started small, focusing on 25th Anniversary / Modern Era FORWARD. This allows us to focus on filling in the entries with as much data as we can, completing entire eras/sections. We've also been doing full photo shoots of the modern figures. So from Resolute forward - we have 98% of figures with a full-on, white-background style photo shoot. The rest should be done soon, we just didn't want to wait any longer . 25th Anniversary - currently they have stock photos, but will be updated with full photo shoots by HissTank staff and contributors over time.

This entire project is labeled BETA - we want to emphasize this. There may be mistakes. We may need to add more functionality so that you guys can browse around and search easily. We may need to remove things there because you guys don't like or need it. It's all up in the air. This is our first run, and we want your feedback. It's not perfect, and it's not complete. But over time, between our work and your help, we can make this database strong and useful for many years to come.

Along with the new database, we've created a new forum - The HissTank Database Community Forum. Here, you can let us know we made a mistake, suggest new ways of doing things, post information or file card info on a figure if we don't have it for, post up photos of figures we don't have, and so on. Any and everything database discussion can go in here. If you submit info or pics, and we add it to the database entry, then we will of course credit you right on the page. If we get a lot of folks helping out like this, we will look for additional ways to reward you for your help.

After we fill in some more Modern Era stuff, and do our best to address your suggestions and concerns, we will then move on to vintage and pre-25th stuff.

There are several ways to browse around the database:

First - you can click on line name (25th, POC, 30th, etc). This will bring up the figures and vehicles from that entire line, in alphabetical order. It will show you a pic, and the year of the figure. Links to the top level of each "line" are at the bottom of every single database page.

Second - you can use the "Database Indexes". These are hand-done text lists for each line. We separate the lists out into Joe, Cobra, Drivers, Sets, Multi-Packs, Exclusives, etc. All text, all on one page for the entire line. That way, if you know the name of what you are looking for, just jump in there and you can quickly scan for stuff. We know some folks are used to this style, and it allows us to further break down the larger lines in a different way, so we figured it was worth putting in place.

Third - you can click on one of the "Special Searches" style links. These are a mix of hand-done lists and search result pages. Most of these links can be found on the bottom of all pages in the navigation area, in the last column.

Fourth - Jump in, and start clicking around. Many things are cross-linked to each other. Sets, Vehicles/Drivers, Years, Themes, Sub Teams, and more.

So, take a look around. Check out the links below! We hope you dig it, and want to hear what you think! Let us know by joining the discussion on the forums!
Original Source: The HissTank Database BETA is LIVE! - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-03-2012, 12:40 AM   #1138
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Not too long ago, we came across GI Joe Retaliation Auctions on Ebay, including the highly anticipated GI Joe Trooper! Thought the blue cape stood out? How about a cape and mask in tan instead?

So why all the hype? The new Retaliation GI Joe Trooper features the Hasbro-style rocker ankles, a wide variety of weapons and swappable gear, and a functional backpack which can store nearly all of the aforementioned gear and weapons! See for yourself after the jump, as HissTank boards member ChicagoScott has posted new images of the figure in-hand!
Original Source: Retaliation GI Joe Trooper In Hand Images - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-03-2012, 08:10 AM   #1139
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Thanks to HISS Tank.com boards member Troynos for posting up images of the new [B]GIJOE retaliation Cobra Trooper.[B] Show in the images is the Parachute web-gear and you get a good idea of just how big the Parachute will open up-to.

More GIJOE Retaliation Cobra Trooper Images after the jump.
Original Source: GIJOE Movie 2 Retaliation Cobra Trooper Images - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-03-2012, 08:52 AM   #1140
ThundeRSS

Quote:
GIJOE March Madness 2012 Championship Round

HISSTANK.com board members have voted, and it comes down to a perfect match-up.... GIJOE vs. Cobra in a Final match-up between S.A.W. Viper & Cross Country! There were so many vocal people who said a Viper could never make it to the final, they were wrong! COBRA!!!!!!!!

Cast your final GIJOE March Madness 2012 vote by clicking the Discuss Button. The final poll is located in the News and Rumors Forum.
Original Source: S.A.W. Viper vs. Cross Country GIJOE March Madness 2012 Finals - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-03-2012, 09:30 AM   #1141
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Here's a preview for GI Joe #12, scheduled for release on Wednesday April 4th 2012:

GI Joe Volume 2 #12
COBRA COMMAND AFTERMATH! It's a new day for the JOEs-as they crawl from the ruins of COBRA COMMAND, they find a new status quo... and a change in command! Who will lead the Joes into this new, deadlier, downsized future? SCARLETT leads and op into one of the wildest wildernesses on the planet to uncover a COBRA facility that threatens the very balance of the universe as we enter... DEEP TERROR!

Read on to preview this issue!
Original Source: IDW GI Joe Volume 2 #12 Preview - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-03-2012, 10:00 PM   #1142
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: C.I.A.D. @ HissTank.com

Quote:
It's time for another installment of the best 3 & 3/4 Modern Army Comic on the internet, Ages 25 & Up!

In this week's issue, entitled Get back on that Horse, HissTank member and all around awesome guy, Numbers, explains that some readers were confused about recent plot twists in the story, so this issue should clear things up. #183 explains just what happened in #182 and sets up the next leg of the story. No rest for the wicked in Ages 25 & Up!

Check out the latest issue and join us after the jump to get in on the conversation already in progress!
Original Source: Ages 25 & Up #183 - Get Back On That Horse Now Online! - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-04-2012, 04:51 AM   #1143
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Thanks to our sister site TFW2005 for pointing out that Buster Jones, voice actor of Blaster, will be a guest at Botcon 2012! In addition to Soundwave's rival, Jones also voiced the following 2 characters from the Sunbow GI Joe A Real American Hero cartoon:
  • Doc
  • Zap
This, in addition to voicing characters from other cartoon series!
Original Source: Buster Jones, Voice Actor Of Doc And Zap, To Attend Botcon 2012 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-05-2012, 03:00 AM   #1144
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The Daily BLAM! has posted a new image of Storm Shadow from GI Joe Retaliation. In this image he has taken a hostage.

Click the thumbnail for a closer look!
Original Source: New Storm Shadow Image From GI Joe Retaliation - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-05-2012, 03:00 PM   #1145
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISSTANK Tank.com has just posted a few images of the up coming GIJOE Movie Retaliation Storm Shadow

Storm Shadow is an elite Cobra Ninja mercenary. He was trained by the Arashikage Ninja Clan alongside his brother and now archenemy Snake Eyes, a G.I . Joe ninja. Storm Shadow silently stalks his next victim high above the ground on a gravity-defying zip line!

More images of GIJOE Retaliation Storm Shadow after the jump.
Original Source: Storm Shadow GIJOE Retaliation Movie Ninja Action Figure - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-05-2012, 04:10 PM   #1146
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISSTank.com has just posted a few images of the up coming GIJOE Movie Retaliation Cobra Trooper

The Cobra Trooper may not have all the super Spider-Man like articulation that Retaliation Storm Shadow has....But he does sport a cool Cobra parachute and some awesome weapons and gear. With the GIJOE Retaliation movie just around the corner, I'm sure the toys will start filling those empty GIJOE pegs around the USA. (Lets hope sooner then later)

More images of GIJOE Retaliation Cobra Trooper after the jump.
Original Source: GIJOE Movie Retaliation Cobra Trooper The Enemy! - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-05-2012, 08:40 PM   #1147
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Looks like those of you who have been voting hard for the Oktober Guard in GIJOE March Madness, won't need to wait long to see these figures produced.

The Oktober Guard often operates internationally, protecting and promoting Soviet and Warsaw Pact interests. Despite the fact their respective countries are rivals with the United States during the Cold War, the members of the Oktober Guard are never portrayed as evil, but as military professionals doing their job and serving their country. Their missions often put them at odds with G.I. Joe, but opposing Cobra is a major objective for the squad, and when the situation arises, they often find themselves temporarily allied with the Joes against a common foe.

The Club posted up this info for this years JoeCon 2012!

"We have been working on the final details and plan to have the convention brochure, both convention exclusive box set reveals, guest announcements and so much more over the next month!

By popular demand, we have added a teaser image of the theme for the 3 3/4-inch Box Set (see above). Also, for the 12-inch box set, we have the following theme hint for the continuing storyline: "Nothing is too heavy for the Adventure Team"!"
Original Source: Oktober Guard JOECON 2012 Logo Posted - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-05-2012, 09:30 PM   #1148
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISSTank.com has just posted a few images of the up coming GIJOE Movie Retaliation Snake Eyes!

Snake Eyes is the world’s greatest ninja and a secret weapon of the G.I. Joe team. He uses his ninja zip line launcher to soar into aerial battle against the evil forces of Cobra. With his mysterious Arashikage Ninja skills and arm-mounted twin missile launchers, he is an unstoppable fighting force on land or in the air!

Many more GIJOE Movie Retaliation Snake Eyes! images after the jump.
Original Source: Snake Eyes GIJOE Retaliation Movie Action Ninja Images - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-05-2012, 11:30 PM   #1149
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: BCYOJOE @ HissTank.com

Quote:
Deadline is reporting that Hasbro Studios has made a deal with Netflix to stream their popular TV Shows including G. I. Joe: Renegades.

With the deal, we will be able to enjoy the first season of Renegades and other cartoons such as Transformers: Prime and My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.

G. I. Joe: Renegades was placed on hiatus after a hit Season 1. Fans were left disappointed with this decision. However, it is said that Renegades will return revamped with a story more close to the G. I. Joe Live Action Movie Series. But, no news is yet heard of such a project in motion.

Deadline says…
“LA-based Hasbro Studios has reached a multiyear deal across several platforms with Netflix for 10 television franchises Transformers Prime, My Little Pony, Pound Puppies, G.I. Joe: Renegades and The Adventures of Chuck & Friends are now available to instantly watch on Netflix. JEM & The Holograms, Transformers: Generation 1, G.I. Joe: Real American Heroes, Transformers: Beast Wars and Transformers: Rescue Bots will follow later in this year. Hasbro programming will be included in the Just For Kids section of Netflix — content specifically selected for children 12 and under.”
Original Source: Hasbro Studios Signs A Deal With Netflix - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-06-2012, 12:40 AM   #1150
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Your fellow HISS tanker hunter79790 made this custom G.I. Joe 1991 General Hawk.

"This figure features 2 interchangeable heads, (One with the helmet and another one without it) removable jet pack with detachable missiles, "In flight" stand to pose him as if he is just taking off the General, and more.

The figure was made of a match of parts from Skydive, and Destro The head is a cast of the 25th anniversary hawk , then resculpted to resemble the 1991 figure. The helmet was re-configured with the hoses moved to the side and the visor painted in red much like the concept art seen in the package and the DIC cartoon."

Original Source: Custom G.I. Joe 1991 General Hawk - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe