TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

Old 10-10-2011, 05:54 PM   #1
McSoundwave
Thundercat Ho
This was originally posted by member GeneralxRon over at Hisstank on one of his toy runs to a local Marshalls. Please see for yourself. Seems a bit early for these to be hitting discounters already. I sincerely hope this isn't a sign of how poorly the line is doing. Anyway...without further adieu...behold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralxRon View Post
THundercats @ Marshalls...

Last edited by McSoundwave; 10-10-2011 at 05:56 PM..
McSoundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:02 PM   #2
krazycp
Thunder Kitty
All reports from the company have been saying this line is selling out like crazy. And, people here can vouch for that. I've been trying for the last month to get a 2nd Cheetara and can't find her anywhere. That's just a fluke.
krazycp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:00 PM   #3
PANTHRO HOOO
Thunderian Commoner
All the stores by me are ordering too many lion-os and Mumm ras and not enough anything else.
PANTHRO HOOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:46 PM   #4
moondog
Thunder Kitty
The stores don't order individual figures there is more of them cuz there are the charters the kids want most
moondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:44 AM   #5
Childsmonkey
Thunder Monkey
I imagine Marshalls purchased some Thundercats figures in preparation for Christmas. They probably want to compete with Walmart. So parents shopping for clothing can pick up what their kids want for Christmas.
Childsmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:10 AM   #6
si3ge
Thunder Kitty
2 local walmarts and 1 TrU are both selling them well and doing a good job of keeping them restocked. every time i visit it looks different. i also see mostly new packaging on the classics line so that means the old ones were sold through. my local Target had never stocked them to begin with when i checked a month ago approximately. maybe they have by now.
si3ge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:25 AM   #7
Joe Moore
Administrator
By all indications, Bandai USA is actually floored by how well the line is selling. With Christmas season coming up, expect a lot of non-traditional locations to start getting these in. I haven't checked my local Kohl's or Boscov's yet. May have to see if they are going to be carrying them.

But, right now, Thundercats is in a bit of a lull. The show is on it's mid-season break until the end of the month, so it's not immediately in kids' minds as much. Christmas sales will be our best indicator on the longevity of the line.
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:29 AM   #8
PANTHRO HOOO
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by moondog View Post
The stores don't order individual figures there is more of them cuz there are the charters the kids want most
Well then why are the 6 inch figures sold out on every other character?

I just found panthro today at kmart. I couldn't believe they had 3 and they were 11 dollars for the 6 inch with an extra 20% off clearance. Paid under 10 dollars. This is the only figure I will buy except for the mezco line wich I will buy all of.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:11 PM   #9
moondog
Thunder Kitty
? The only other 6 in is panthro
moondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:21 PM   #10
PANTHRO HOOO
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by moondog View Post
? The only other 6 in is panthro
Usually the only 6 inch is lion-o and mumm-ra at Target, Walmart, and tru. Today was my first trip to kmart and the first time I found Panthro. Even though I wouldn't buy then no others were at kmart either.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:56 AM   #11
shimey013
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by PANTHRO HOOO View Post
All the stores by me are ordering too many lion-os and Mumm ras and not enough anything else.
I work for TRU and i can tell you they dont order individual figures. They only order by the case.

The reason you see alot of Lion-o and mumm ra is because there are more of those per case then the others. There are like 3 of those per case while other figures are 1 maybe 2 per case.
shimey013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 06:19 PM   #12
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
It was selling out, until TRU got 12 cases in. Now they just clog the shelves and I will never find the next wave (although, if they are canning the 8inch CLassics, I am done). Also, no Walmart or Target carries these around me yet.
Dr Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:13 PM   #13
PANTHRO HOOO
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimey013 View Post
I work for TRU and i can tell you they dont order individual figures. They only order by the case.

The reason you see alot of Lion-o and mumm ra is because there are more of those per case then the others. There are like 3 of those per case while other figures are 1 maybe 2 per case.
This confirms that they fucked up the package. Should have sent more other characters. People want sets when they buy figures.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:51 AM   #14
GK Punk
Your Straight Edge Savior
Bandai will probably start adjusting future shipments based on how many are Pegwarmers out there. We'll probably start seeing more of the characters that are harder to find before long. (I've had a lot of luck finding the "rare" ones lately.)
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:16 AM   #15
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by GK Punk View Post
Bandai will probably start adjusting future shipments based on how many are Pegwarmers out there. We'll probably start seeing more of the characters that are harder to find before long. (I've had a lot of luck finding the "rare" ones lately.)
We'll see. I just have this feeling this show is going to make the same mistakes Mattel did with the 2002 series. CN changed the time slot several times, thus killing its ratings. Mattel made too many He-Mans and Skeletors, and right now, Bandai already has way too many Lion-Os.
Dr Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:07 PM   #16
GK Punk
Your Straight Edge Savior
Too early in the line to be able to know that for sure though. Plus I think most people are paranoid of a repeat of He-Man 2k2 coming out of this. I know I was, sometimes still am.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:01 AM   #17
king kahn
Thunder Kitty
Yeah this seemed pretty isolated. Can you see the price on those figures? If they are not that much less than other stores I would not worry.
king kahn is offline   Reply With Quote