TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats News and Rumors

Old 02-12-2012, 12:39 PM   #1
Joe Moore
Administrator
Toy Fair 2012 - Bandai Thundercats Display
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:59 PM   #2
Cat's Pajamas
Thunderian Commoner
Blurg. I was hoping for something new...
Cat's Pajamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:25 PM   #3
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
While it's disappointing that there isn't anything new on display...especially considering how big they're display was last year...toy fair ain't over yet, so....there's still the chance they could put something new out...

Still, it's nice to see that the Slithe they've currently got coming out has more articulation. Assuming the shoulders aren't completely ruined by the gimmick, he could still turn out not so bad.

It's also nice to have a picture of the nunchucks that isn't the official photos for them. They're as small as I was expecting, but I still might get them.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:28 PM   #4
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
5 bucks says SSSLithes lantern wont be painted when it hits stores.
Kregermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:37 PM   #5
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
Well, that was a short comeback
Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:11 PM   #6
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
i have to admit tygra looks pretty frikin cool.
DarkKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:15 PM   #7
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
Which means that Bandai has no idea what to do with this line
Lody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:39 PM   #8
nomad16
Thundarian
nothing new this is disappointing all the toys their showing are already in stores.....
nomad16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:00 PM   #9
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Remember the Thundercats Facebook said "Big things in store for toyfair!".... Nice job guys. Big things actually means = zero things LULZ. Cool story bandai.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:05 PM   #10
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
There's still three more days to toy fair. Maybe they actually wanted to save something for those three days, rather than have a huge reveal the first day along with everybody else (or be like Hasbro, and do all their reveals the day before toy fair actually begins).

I can't confirm there will be anything new shown. I just think we should wait till toy fair was actually over before bashing Bandai.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:43 PM   #11
Covenant
Thunder Kitty
Why would they be saving anything? There is nothing new to show. Thanks to Cartoon Network and WB not broadcasting anything new since last November it seems that the excitement for Thundercats is fading fast.
Covenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:44 PM   #12
nomad16
Thundarian
it is strange I mean when is the season continuing theirs been no news I mean we have clone wars going but to be honest I'm bored with that show....I know its not thundercats related but how long can they milk it Id love to see them do a series continuing after return of the jedi that would be truly epic.
nomad16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:48 PM   #13
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
They arent saving anything. Today was the big kicker day for all the brands (most of the press doesnt have passes for every single day). Thundercats will probably make a comeback by SDCC, but for now its ice cold. No show, no new toys, no new news.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:56 PM   #14
RichardC
Thunder Kitty
Hopefully the thundercats toyline is not going the way of thundera
RichardC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:21 PM   #15
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Don't you think it's good news that they even showed thundercats? I mean if they were dead why show them at all? I still have hope even if nothing comes of toy fair. Afterall wave 2 is their "spring" release. So technically they dont have to show anything new till mid summer.
IndyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:58 AM   #16
JASONKAT
Thunder Kitty
The only thing that can save this was if they brought some if not "most" of the classic toys back from the grave. Such as The thundercats lair, the org thundertank, the org sword of omens, The same theme song for the new tv show. all of the old classic cats in the (6) scale version. but bringin the price down to 8.99(ea). not 17.99, that would b great.
As for the new line. They seem to be wasting alot of money making so many scale version toys, lil lame puff dolls and stupid things that nobody is gonna buy at reg price, The tower of omens was their bigest mistake ever. Here is a playset that has very lil to nothing to play with. just 2--3 standing parts, This playset was only seen 1s in the show, thats it. and how much is this playset? 49-79 bucks? Then that lil damn sword of omens which only lights up on 1 side and the blade is so small. even the star wars light up saber is better.
So B4 they run out of cash and ideas. for dumb toys that wont sell.. try making a 1 line wave set, and keep it there, no 4inch, 6 inch, 12inch, then later a 24inch. blah
JASONKAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:14 AM   #17
JASONKAT
Thunder Kitty
Lets not 4get their only other mistake.. not givin us a bluray version of "book one" :P
If they wanna make cash, they should put me in charge of this, i have been a thundercats fan since 1986, i know what sell and what wont, i know what diehard fans like and what they wont. Pretty much anybody does these days.
The new TC is doing pretty good, id add 'the old theme song" to a brand new opening of this version, when they come back to cartoon network.
By making this tc show alot better and bring back some old fans like myself. you know what id do? Id have the new thundertank get distroyed badly.
And then have the berbils make a new tank, as a gift to panthro & the rest of the cats, And this new tank is the old version. withy the top opening not the back. , front top shield, tank-chain wheels. . Then have lion-o get an upgrade to hisward of omens, which will then look like the old1. The org cats lair will come later as the shows move foward. The only thing id keep the same here, is their clothings, face, and over-all stly. other wise, everything else needs to blend in with a diff direction.
So really. I really hope that this new version of thundercats, does not get AXED, even if none of my ideas are ever thrown into the mix, they sure as hell better keep it alive 1 way or the other.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:22 AM   #18
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Sounds like you just want the old show back lol. What they need to do is add more product and strike while its hot. If they let the show go on hiatus for too long, kids wont care and with sales dying adult collectors wont be enough for bandai america to keep the classics going, at least past wave 3.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:39 AM   #19
JASONKAT
Thunder Kitty
@Kregermeister
AGREE. There seem to be a big space in between shows, one min, we have 8 weeks in a row, the next min, they say or tel us they will be back soon and it seems as if they are taking forever to give us more shows. Yea in some ways i want the old back, but not really al of it. I mean ok they upgraded these cats with clothing, looks and voices, but it doesnt mean they have to upgrade everything else.
Your right about their line of toys "fail- waiting to happen" Belive it or not. kids are not buying thee new toys, WE ARE. kids dont know what thundercats are. This show needs to be back and stay on, put the time slot on a monday morning or sat morning, not friday nights. Show us alot MORE tc commercials like shows do on USA network.
and kids will start to pay more attention. and buy these toys clothes, dvds.,ect.
But right now they eye other toys, such as transformers, spiderman, wrestling, star wars, and where do i see thundercats on the shelf? at the very end. right next to baby toys. lol
Old 02-13-2012, 02:12 AM   #20
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
I agree with you fully as well bro.

What occured to me was I was shopping in TRU about.. say 4 weeks ago(?) little kid sees me looking at Tcats stuff. He starts singing the VINTAGE song to his dad! My gf starts laughing so the dad looks at us and says "Wish we could find more than whats here". Taking it for what its worth id say thats a good target for marketing, dad and son both enjoy something. Kid wants, dad has money. No product = no sale. no sale = no profit. no profit = no show. no show = death.

I understand toys take a while to ship and settle, hell it took me almost a year to get my first silverhawk as a kid (they were hot in 86) but I do ALOT of travel and rarely see any figures on shelves. It worries me that stuff isnt getting out, and without say.... kids clothes, trinkets, accessories, games, puzzles, the works.... its gunna be a short life.

Even if the show takes a hiatus, they need to give a return date. People of this millenium are more half empty so it gives some sort of latch to hang onto and something to look foward to. But what do we know right? Some of us havent poured thousands and thousands of dollars into product since 1985... :/ lol
Old 02-13-2012, 03:29 AM   #21
JASONKAT
Thunder Kitty
Yea no kidding. They need to set a date on when (the show) will be back on.
Like i posted above They need to do commercials on when they will be back and whats in-stored for us. like what suprises will we see, who we will see, who gets killed off, who fights who. that sort of thing. or maybe just show us teasers on what happened after that "big kiss" and you know who. lol.
At least with this commercial, i will know when it comes on again so i can stop watching the walking dead, ha, jk.
seriously tho. They dont seem to know how to market their products. Dont be suprise if we start seeing alot of thundercats action figures on that discount table at kmart. (WAS 29.99) NOW..9.99) lol chit. id grab watever i could grab with that kinda markdown price. lmfao. not the playset tho.
I pretty much already own all of the 4inch figures, 2 6inch "classic" lion-o/mumra , the new thundertank, and hope to grab me that mumra storm chaser or whatever its called.
I was gonna grab me the sword of omens but it suxs on 2 levels, the blade is to short and the light-up only glows on 1 side. for 19.99? blah, maybe for 5.99
You know what i really want? i want thundercats coloring books, im sort of sn artist, so that i would so get me. And OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! a ps3/xbox360 game.
wouldnt that b sweet if they made a ps3 game? up to 6 players, each with their own ability/powers, some fast, somw slow, some strong, some not, driving the tank or other jet/cars, man i would kill to have me a tc game like that. lol.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:39 AM   #22
JASONKAT
Thunder Kitty
My version of a thundercats game, would be.. up to 6 players mode, story mode or fighting eachother., upgrade characters mode with ability(s). clothing colors, maybe even create your own TC character, play each character as the 80s version. unlock lots of kool features, such as trailers, making of the show/game, photo gallary/artwork,and more, lol
but omg i dont want this to look or be like GI JOE with the whole shoot em/kill em game play.. i want this to feel real. or like that "resident evil 5"
Sadly we will never have this kinda game, if i knew how to make games, id do1 just like this, , i know for a fact this game will sell.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:24 AM   #23
Covenant
Thunder Kitty
I really hope that by screwing up the programming that Cartoon Network will scare Bandai off the Thundercats license. It's obvious that Warner Bros is pushing Thundercats at all the media shows so maybe a major player like Hasbro or Mattel will pick it up and they will move the show to HUB or another network. Unfortunately for Thundercats fans, both new and old school, Bandai has sh!t the bed in a major way. According to Bandai we were supposed to be seeing a lot of Thundercats product this year and so far it's been nothing. I really hope that they will have something new to show in SDCC but the fact that there has been no press release, no updates to their web site and basically no new info on Thundercats anywhere, it looks to me that they are cutting their losses and maybe dropping the line. We should have had Classic Panthro and Cheetara by now dammit!
Old 02-13-2012, 01:43 PM   #24
megus
Thunder Kitty
it seems like all their thundercat money has been going to the power rangers line

how else can you explain all the merchandise PR's getting, and nothing's new been show for TC

Last edited by megus; 02-13-2012 at 01:46 PM..
megus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:24 PM   #25
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
Wow. That's disapointing. I was at least hoping for some Classics news, even if it's "We tried, 8 inches are dead. Sorry."
Pravus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:25 PM   #26
MegatronWolf
Overlord
so either they dont like to show upcoming stuff or they dont have anything else coming out for the series, wouldnt be surprised either way. Distribution of the line sucks, stores arent required to carry them & pricing isnt great. Plus the show isnt even on right now so theres really no marketing. But then again wave 2 just started to hit stores so to alot of people there were new things there and coming out, guess we'll just have to wait and see. Hope they do more classic figures or even some re-issues of the 80s toys, for some reason i never had thundercats toys as a kid even though i was a fan. Need to make up for lost time. Also i need something to fill in for transformers cause that franchise is going downhill fast and the toys just get worse & worse. Thundercats is one of the few toylines i want to collect thats not owned by hasbro.

On another note did anyone talk to someone from bandai to see if they're going to fix the crap distribution & figure assortments?
MegatronWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:04 AM   #27
JASONKAT
Thunder Kitty
You know what i always hated about trading cards? that you never knew what was inside, or if you had those already. lol I would love buying jurassic park trading cards back in the 90s and at times i got more than 2 pks only to realized that i already own that set or some of the same photos, lol. I dont think ive seen these cards in store yet, i might grab me a set of 2 or 3, hoping i dont grab me the ame set, lol. and hope the pictures are worth it. if anybody bys 1, be kind to post some pixs of them.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:12 PM   #28
Steevy Maximus
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
I really hope that by screwing up the programming that Cartoon Network will scare Bandai off the Thundercats license. It's obvious that Warner Bros is pushing Thundercats at all the media shows so maybe a major player like Hasbro or Mattel will pick it up and they will move the show to HUB or another network.
Why would Warner Bros try and move THEIR OWN SHOW off their OWN NETWORK. Not to mention Mattel has no television presence anyway.

WB owns Cartoon Network, them taking Tcats to another network would be like Disney having Hub run episodes of their original programming like Phineas and Ferb.
Steevy Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:53 PM   #29
Autotrooper
Banned
I hope they haven't cancelled the 6 inch wilytwins!
Autotrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:16 AM   #30
JASONKAT
Thunder Kitty
@Autotrooper
I hope not either! I think those twins are so cute, especially wilykit! I own all of the 4inch figures, but i want those wilys in the 6inc so i can put right next to my 6inc lion-o/mumra, on my shelf!,
I hate when they start a line or (wave) but then later one, or some, get axed, It makes it seem like you just bought ur self a limited edition figure(s), which is kool in the long run, but, still, we gotta have the whole set,
This is like them making catwoman, two-face, robin, but then batman & joker gets axed, kinda stupid,
Old 02-15-2012, 03:23 AM   #31
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Toynewsi is reporting that when questioned, Bandai said "no comment" on the status of the line. Not a good sign. Im the biggest optimist going for this line, but damn, not even a "stay tuned and check in soon!".

Im almost thinking because Bandai cant seem to get product out there WB canceled the deal with them and is shopping for a new company (anything but mattel!!). Its weird, you have one of the highest rated shows (it beat star wars clone wars) the toy sales were BEYOND demand, and you...... have...... nothing..... to show.

Something has to be wrong, and I hope we find out soon. CN may be holding the eps till they get their merch sorted out and find new grounds. Scary shit guys!
Old 02-15-2012, 08:51 AM   #32
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
please, please, please!!!!!! DO NOT SELL!!!!! that would be the worst thing ever!. then we would have to get all the charactors we already have ALL OVER AGAIN, before they make new ones AND they wont match the ones we already have!
IndyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:29 AM   #33
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
If WB is indeed looking for a new toy company, part of me REALLY hopes they don't go with Hasbro. On one hand it would be great to possibly see Kre-O Thundercats (assuming they would make them), but I doubt they would do 6" scaled figures (I'm not into 3-3/4" stuff).

The optimist in me wants to believe that they have a lot in the works, but didn't have anything show-worthy in-time for toy fair. We'll just have to wait and see, but even I'm beginning to worry that things are going downhill fast...
Old 02-15-2012, 09:35 AM   #34
Joe Moore
Administrator
I personally believe their showing was hampered by the fact that their "Spring 2012" toy line, originally scheduled for like March, started showing in November and shipping in DECEMBER. Basically, the stuff they showed is their Spring 2012 setup, they just let it come out an entire 3-4 months early for some reason. Don't know what they were thinking there.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:41 AM   #35
Covenant
Thunder Kitty
I don't think so Joe. They showed us all that stuff last year and it was expected in late December/early January. They should have had all new product to debut at Toy Fair not show product that is already on the shelves. You know I've been complaining about Bandai for awhile already and I think they have seriously botched this license. When a license exceeds expectations it is not uncommon for the licensor to try to get more money from the licensee. Bandai never ran commercials to support this toy line and still the first waves sold very well with the support of the TV show. I think Bandai will be losing the Thundercats license.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:12 AM   #36
Joe Moore
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
I don't think so Joe. They showed us all that stuff last year and it was expected in late December/early January. They should have had all new product to debut at Toy Fair not show product that is already on the shelves. You know I've been complaining about Bandai for awhile already and I think they have seriously botched this license. When a license exceeds expectations it is not uncommon for the licensor to try to get more money from the licensee. Bandai never ran commercials to support this toy line and still the first waves sold very well with the support of the TV show. I think Bandai will be losing the Thundercats license.
http://www.thundercats.ws/news/thund...-and-info-323/
What? Another EXCLUSIVE Look at 2012 ThunderCats Toys?!

The newer toys on shelves now are officially known as the Spring 2012 line. While we saw them in November of last year, they were not scheduled until Spring of 2012, with word that some of the toys (which turned out to be most of them) hitting in December. See quote below from MTV interview with Bandai:

Quote:
Amanda Burns: Some of the Spring 2012 product line may be creeping onto store shelves as early as December, but for sure January and February in store.
I'm not disagreeing that they cocked up the line. But this is really all they have to show. They blew their load in November and then rushed the release by months.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:46 AM   #37
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Yeah but normally it takes 6-8 months for the full process of a toy from design,sculpting, manufacturing,releasing, so if they were truly continuing they woulda had something.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:59 AM   #38
Joe Moore
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kregermeister View Post
Yeah but normally it takes 6-8 months for the full process of a toy from design,sculpting, manufacturing,releasing, so if they were truly continuing they woulda had something.
Actually, that process will take closer to 12-18 months. I'm sure a few smaller studios (Art Asylum, Mezco, etc.) push stuff out a bit faster, but a 6-8 month turn around from design to release of anything in a major toy line is not in any way realistic.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:30 PM   #39
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Good points there Joe. Hopefully we'll get pictures of the next wave from sites like we did wave two, or from the next major event Bandai has a booth at. It sucks that they didn't have anything new to show at toy fair, but given how long it takes to design these things, it's understandable.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:52 PM   #40
Joe Moore
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
Good points there Joe. Hopefully we'll get pictures of the next wave from sites like we did wave two, or from the next major event Bandai has a booth at. It sucks that they didn't have anything new to show at toy fair, but given how long it takes to design these things, it's understandable.
It's clearly poor planning on their part. They didn't do a good job at lobbying retailers, didn't map out the toy line correctly, highly suspect QC issues. And it doesn't help that Cartoon Network has given no indication when they plan on airing the new episodes.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:22 PM   #41
Steevy Maximus
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Moore View Post
And it doesn't help that Cartoon Network has given no indication when they plan on airing the new episodes.
And that may be an issue Bandai is having: Cartoon Network's own skittish-ness in airing new episodes may be worrying Bandai to how well CN is going to be promoting the series long term.
Ben 10's new series doesn't start until later this fall, yet, the existing series has stayed in near constant rotation. I don't think Thundercats has had an episode (much less a new one) aired since freakin' DECEMBER.

Perhaps Bandai is worrying that CN will mishandle the series and Bandai doesn't want to get stuck with a bunch of toys they can't release.
Steevy Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:13 PM   #42
TIGER007
Thunder Kitty
.COUNT your lucky stars as this line and tv show(cartoon) will not be showing up here in CANADA til the fall...by then the toyline could be adios and we(canucks) might not see much !

...Here's hoping!!!...

TIGER007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:20 PM   #43
stormbringer
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steevy Maximus View Post
And that may be an issue Bandai is having: Cartoon Network's own skittish-ness in airing new episodes may be worrying Bandai to how well CN is going to be promoting the series long term.
Ben 10's new series doesn't start until later this fall, yet, the existing series has stayed in near constant rotation. I don't think Thundercats has had an episode (much less a new one) aired since freakin' DECEMBER.

Perhaps Bandai is worrying that CN will mishandle the series and Bandai doesn't want to get stuck with a bunch of toys they can't release.
Thundercats has fallen completely off of CN's schedule. Heck even Ben 10 has been unceremoniously dumped to Saturday morning with little warning. CN needs to get their act together.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:36 PM   #44
Balgus82
Toy Fair 2012: Bandai Lets Loose the ThunderCats | Video | MTV

From this interview they're just treating the figures that were just released as their "new for 2012" figures. She doesn't act like the line is dead or anything like that.

And she ends with, "With the continued success of the TV Show we want to continue creating new great characters for the line."

Personally I think they're holding back because new figures might be spoilers. They've already done the main cast. Everything else will either be new characters or new versions of old characters.

Last edited by Balgus82; 02-15-2012 at 08:42 PM..
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:17 PM   #45
stormbringer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
Toy Fair 2012: Bandai Lets Loose the ThunderCats | Video | MTV

From this interview they're just treating the figures that were just released as their "new for 2012" figures. She doesn't act like the line is dead or anything like that.

And she ends with, "With the continued success of the TV Show we want to continue creating new great characters for the line."

Personally I think they're holding back because new figures might be spoilers. They've already done the main cast. Everything else will either be new characters or new versions of old characters.
Thanks. So does this mean that if CN starts airing episodes soon, the line can get moving again?
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:20 PM   #46
Autotrooper
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by JASONKAT View Post
@Autotrooper
I hope not either! I think those twins are so cute, especially wilykit! I own all of the 4inch figures, but i want those wilys in the 6inc so i can put right next to my 6inc lion-o/mumra, on my shelf!,
I hate when they start a line or (wave) but then later one, or some, get axed, It makes it seem like you just bought ur self a limited edition figure(s), which is kool in the long run, but, still, we gotta have the whole set,
This is like them making catwoman, two-face, robin, but then batman & joker gets axed, kinda stupid,

They are adorable. I want the 6 inches, they will have better sculpt, paint, and articulation. I was quite disappointed by the 4 inches. They have, what, 4 points of articulation?
Autotrooper is offline   Reply With Quote