TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 04-04-2011, 09:20 AM   #1
Joe Moore
Administrator
The news from Wondercon and that new trailer have me so psyched up. This is shaping up to be one of the best relaunches of a classic property in a long, long time. The voices sound great and the music is perfect. What say you?
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:12 AM   #2
Icespark
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Moore View Post
The news from Wondercon and that new trailer have me so psyched up. This is shaping up to be one of the best relaunches of a classic property in a long, long time. The voices sound great and the music is perfect. What say you?
I agree! So far, everything about the new series is pointing to it being a faithful and loving update to the series. I hope that it will live up to expectations, because my own expectations are becoming higher, and higher, with each new update!
Icespark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:28 AM   #3
Mako Crab
Thunder Kitty
Just watched the new trailer. I've never been super super into the cats, having missed it as a kid, but this made me feel really nostalgic. I'm really looking forward to the new show even more now! And I have to say they made Mumm-ra look EPIC!
Mako Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:40 AM   #4
Joe Moore
Administrator
Love that they are embracing, and not fighting, the history of the series. So many reboots try to make you forget the origins. Where as this is taking those origins and running with it and making it into something bigger.
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:03 PM   #5
GK Punk
Your Straight Edge Savior
That panel really pumped me up for this. I really think this has potential to be the best relaunch we've seen yet.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:48 AM   #6
MegaPrime33
Thunder Kitty
Definitely excited for this one. I was skeptical at first when we just saw images, but that trailer is amazingly done and I'm looking forward to not only the show, but the toy line. It's been a long time since I've been able to say that.
MegaPrime33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 03:13 PM   #7
Monkian
Thunder Monkey
Joe, I couldn't agree with you more. I have kind of lost track of the re-release of this property, but was clicking around last night and had the opportunity to see the trailer. I have to say that out of all of the re-releases this one looks as though it is the most well conceived. Top to bottom, it looks to be the best yet and, hopefully, will get the attention of the kids and garner their support also. I think being on the Cartoon Network will help it out immensely.

Initially I wasn't all that excited for it, but after seeing that trailer, I'm very much looking forward to it. I think it's going to be a big hit.
Monkian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 04:51 PM   #8
xander88
Thunder Kitty
I am really excited for this series. I think it has the potential to be the best kids' TV show of this era. I will always love the original series though. It has been my favourite since I was a kid and not only is it good to watch because it's a great TV show but also for the memories that come with it.
xander88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 04:00 AM   #9
Superquad7
Thundercats, HO!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Moore View Post
*snip*This is shaping up to be one of the best relaunches of a classic property in a long, long time. The voices sound great and the music is perfect. What say you?
I think this is totally spot on. I watched the first 3 episodes, and I really like it! I'm pretty excited about seeing the 4th!
Superquad7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 11:59 AM   #10
nitewing73
Thunderian Commoner
I agree this is one of the better relaunches. This is the first time I've watched each episode of a series multiple times before the next one airs. The animations is really well done. The nice thing is that it isn't a show where they fight the mutants or Mumm-Ra or whoever each episode and they win at the end. Its a story of a boy's journey to become a king (ok granted he is king now).
nitewing73 is offline   Reply With Quote