TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 08-26-2011, 09:24 AM   #1
Tony_Bacala
Cornelius Tunar FTW
Use this as a countdown, live discussion, and post ep recap place to talk!

Thundercats GO!
Tony_Bacala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:03 AM   #2
SPLIT LIP
King of Braves
I am very excited. Thundercats has kept me hooked since episode one and I don't see any signs of it letting go.
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:16 AM   #3
Tony_Bacala
Cornelius Tunar FTW
I tried to stay spoiler free, but had to upload some videos of the preview, saw some then. Looks great. Very surprised they kept it this good this long. A lot of series start quick and big, then die off for 20 eps till the season finale. This has been something I wanted to see, moving story along, every ep so far.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:02 AM   #4
Saint Phe
Thunder Kitty
SO excited for this one. I want to see what Mumm-ra is actually capable of! I also want to know how tech-oriented or magic-oriented he is.
Saint Phe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:35 AM   #5
RoftheHood
Thunder Kitty
As much as I'm looking forward to see Lion-O and Mumm-Ra go toe-to-toe (I hope we see some tonight!) I'm really hoping that we get see more of whats going on with Cheetara.
In the pilot when she's with Lion-O in the Black Market Shop she says about tech. "Doesn't everyone [I]think[I] those are just fairytails?"
Then shortly after she says "I think it's just another fake that people think you, sell to people like him."
To me anyway, it seems that Cheetara knows more than she is saying. So it will be interesting to find out more when/if she see's Jaga next.
RoftheHood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:33 PM   #6
Icespark
Thunder Kitty
Spoilers to follow! Beware!

We're already off to an interesting start. So, Mumm-Ra and the Cats had an alliance at one point. Very interesting....

It's nice to see more of the inside of Mumm-Ra's pyramid, not to mention, the fact that his sarcophagus is a tank!

Backstory!

Snarf is adorable!

Tower of Traps?! I'm convinced the place was designed by Neo-Arcadians.

Commercials?! No fair!

So many questions..... Why was the Eye of Thundera cube-shaped? Why were the cats working with Mumm-Ra? Was that Claudis with Mumm-Ra? Who did they take the Eye of Thundera from?

It's nice to see the Twins get a chance to shine!

Yep! Tower of Traps all right!

Cheetara has an insane amount of courage, and it's really nice to see her staff in use!

The face on that sliding round door kind of looks like Snarf...

Mummy-Mobile! I want to see a battle between the two tanks!

I'm very pleased to see they brought back the water trap from the original series!

The animation for the "Sight Beyond Sight" sequence was beautifully done!

Tygra's whip!

The Tower of Omens!

I loved Pantrho's little remark about Grune. :lol

Mumm-ra?!

Jaga! Nice catch for Cheetara!

Poor Cheetara!

Panthro vs Mumm-Ra?! Yes Please!

Transformation!

It's good to see Tygra turn invisible again, or should I say, not see!

Poor Tygra! Nice catch for Panthro!

I really liked that Cheetara's eyes glowed in response to the call!

Jaga is clearly far more powerful that Mumm-Ra ever suspected

No! Jaga!

I hope that's not the end for him!

The Book of Omens is blank?!

That's an awful cliffhanger!

So, they finally made it to the Tower of Omens.... I wonder what other secrets are stored in there...

Well, another fantastic episode! The writers are doing a great job! I've got a ton of ideas to speculate over. I truly can't wait to see what is going to happen in the next episode!

Last edited by Icespark; 08-26-2011 at 07:59 PM..
Icespark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:37 PM   #7
Wilyjo
Thunder Kitty
Teen Claudus looks pretty cool! So does Tygra's father, Tigrus

but holy crap ADULT CLAUDUS LOOKS LIKE SOLID SNAKE

man I can't wait to screencap this episode
Wilyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:41 PM   #8
Icespark
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilyjo View Post
Teen Claudus looks pretty cool! So does Tygra's father, Tigrus
You've raised a pretty good question with this idea. If Tygrus is Tygra's father, what happened to him?
Old 08-26-2011, 07:43 PM   #9
Wilyjo
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icespark View Post
You've raised a pretty good question with this idea. If Tygrus is Tygra's father, what happened to him?
Probably died in battle and Claudus raised his soon as his last wish perhaps?
Old 08-26-2011, 07:46 PM   #10
Icespark
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Probably died in battle and Claudus raised his soon as his last wish perhaps?
I think you're very close.
I would add that my theory would be that Mumm-Ra betrayed the cats, tried to kill Claudus, and instead, Tygrus took the blow to save him.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:48 PM   #11
Wilyjo
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icespark View Post
I think you're very close.
I would add that my theory would be that Mumm-Ra betrayed the cats, tried to kill Claudus, and instead, Tygrus took the blow to save him.
Not a bad guess

I imagine we'll find out as this season goes along
Old 08-26-2011, 07:50 PM   #12
Icespark
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Not a bad guess

I imagine we'll find out as this season goes along
I agree!

The writers are certainly giving us plenty to speculate over!

I'm really looking forward to finding out the answers!
Old 08-26-2011, 07:50 PM   #13
xhavoc86
Thunder Kitty
Cheetara and Lion-O seems to have this relationship going on, is this new?

I don't remember them having one in the original animated series, i never read the comic so I dont know if it stemmed from there.
xhavoc86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:59 PM   #14
nomad16
Thundarian
awesome episode I gotta say seeing mumm-ra in full power that was epic the shows gettn better and better each episode!!!! I love how were getting so much back story too with origins and all. I also like the potential growth in the relationship between cheetara and lion-o it was eluded to in the comic series and something that if you think about seems like a natural progression.

Last edited by nomad16; 08-26-2011 at 08:03 PM..
nomad16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:00 PM   #15
Talyn
Thunder Kitty
god that was an awesome episode
Talyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:02 PM   #16
Icespark
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhavoc86 View Post
Cheetara and Lion-O seems to have this relationship going on, is this new?

I don't remember them having one in the original animated series, i never read the comic so I dont know if it stemmed from there.
A interest between them was hinted at in one episode of the original series titled "Sixth Sense", but, from what I remember, only the one time, and only very slightly at that; it never went any further.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:06 PM   #17
Lion
Thunder Kitty
*Spoilers*

My one complaint about this episode is that I felt that Mumm-Ra's Everliving Form was kind of rushed. Maybe this doesn't pertain to you guys but I myself was waiting for something like Megatron's return in Transformers: Animated. You know the big wait and then an episode that really was worth the wait of sixteen episodes. There was no grand reveal. He just kind of said his line and boom, everliving, fight, book, "It's blank!", end! I don't know, maybe it's just me. Otherwise I enjoyed the episode. I like how the kids were useful, and that sarcophugus tank was awesome!
Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:09 PM   #18
Saint Phe
Thunder Kitty
Loved it! Confused about something, though. If they were using technology in the recent past (shown in Mumm-ra's flashback), why do none of the Cats remember it?
Saint Phe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:10 PM   #19
SPLIT LIP
King of Braves
This episode sounds great. I wish I could watch it. Guess I'll just have to wait for the dowload.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:14 PM   #20
GrimlocksPS
Thunder Kitty
Mumm Ra said the clerics passed down the info on the book of omens for generations. Was the book created and hidden prior to the Eye of Thundera?
GrimlocksPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:20 PM   #21
Lord Lion O
Thunder Kitty
There is no way the flash back was recent....I'm guessing a thousand years or more....
Also don't think that was claudus in the flashback...good stuff tonight tho. There is no way you go from flying machines to stone cutters and nobody knowing anything about tech in one generation
Lord Lion O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:25 PM   #22
GrimlocksPS
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lion O View Post
There is no way the flash back was recent....I'm guessing a thousand years or more....
Also don't think that was claudus in the flashback...good stuff tonight tho. There is no way you go from flying machines to stone cutters and nobody knowing anything about tech in one generation
This is my feeling too. I suspect they are distant descendants of Lion-o and Tygra.
GrimlocksPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:42 PM   #23
Joe Moore
Administrator
Thundercats Episode 6 - Journey To The Tower Of Omens Review
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:44 PM   #24
Shenlon
Thunder Kitty
Yeah they would have to be ancient ancestors of Tygra and Lion-O. There is no way that was recent.

What if Mumm-Ra was an ancient Thundercat King ? Corrupted ,Twisted and Contorted due to abuse of Technology ?

Maybe his thirst for power and technology almost led to the destruction of the Thundercats. They fled to Thundera after his betrayal and vowed to disown technology.

His right hand man/cat looked to be an ancient ancestor of Lion-O , Maybe they made him king after they arrived to Thundera. Starting the royal blood line ?

What if the eye of Thundera was stolen from the lizards ?

But if the Eye of Thundera is stolen they how can it form the head of the panther ? The Symbol of the Thundercats ? was it somehow changed ?

My head is spinning go to go calm down lol what an episode.

Last edited by Shenlon; 08-26-2011 at 08:47 PM..
Shenlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:52 PM   #25
Steevy Maximus
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenlon View Post
What if the eye of Thundera was stolen from the lizards ?
Actually, the first thing that popped into my head at seeing the red planet was "Was that MOONSTAR? from Silverhawks?"

Very nifty to see space ships and such in the series, that definitely puts a neat spin on the mythos, maybe we'll get some interstellar travel at some point?
Steevy Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 09:28 PM   #26
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steevy Maximus View Post
Actually, the first thing that popped into my head at seeing the red planet was "Was that MOONSTAR? from Silverhawks?"
That would blow my mind.

My enthusiasm has waned a little this episode, I hope it returns next round. There was a lot of things I didn't really care for.
Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 09:52 PM   #27
Lord Lion O
Thunder Kitty
Ahhhh it's a kids cartoon enjoy it....its great to have em back! I really don't care what they do! They have already exceeded my expectations based on other modern cartoons. Guys I have a new Lion O figure! First new figure for me in 25 years I am so happy!
Old 08-26-2011, 09:54 PM   #28
Wilyjo
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lion O View Post
I keep forgetting about that technology thing...you're actually probably right about that

Still, that was my first thought at the time.

Gotta rewatch it
Old 08-26-2011, 09:57 PM   #29
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
They've said in interviews that Mumm-Ra has known about the sword for 5000 years. And that flashback was obviously before the sword was made because they JUST got the stone. So it was at least 5000 years ago.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 09:59 PM   #30
Lord Lion O
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steevy Maximus View Post

Very nifty to see space ships and such in the series, that definitely puts a neat spin on the mythos, maybe we'll get some interstellar travel at some point?
Never saw anyone say this here...but I thought when king Claudus was stabbed by mum ra pretending to be panthro, when claudus Was falling and his hair was in the air he looked a lot like MonStar before he would transform in silverhawks
Old 08-26-2011, 10:03 PM   #31
Lord Lion O
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
They've said in interviews that Mumm-Ra has known about the sword for 5000 years. And that flashback was obviously before the sword was made because they JUST got the stone. So it was at least 5000 years ago.
Good call....
Old 08-26-2011, 10:21 PM   #32
merlin
wizard
lord tgyer work for mummra
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:38 PM   #33
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Missed the airing of it on TV, but was able to see it via online sources. Really good episode. Mumm-Ra turning into his full form was really good. Should be interesting to see what all he can do.

The flashback was very interesting. Guess I was wrong about the Thundercats not previously interacting with technology. Them and Mumm-Ra working together is definitely an interesting twist. Can't wait to see what all happened back then.

The tower is really nice. Though I'm having a hard time seeing them turning this into a permanent residence. I imagine they'll probably stay here for a while, but will eventually move on.

Was really nice to see Tygra using his whip some more. While I'm not sure they would do this, I would like to see them make a role-play toy version of it, and Panthro's nunchucks of course.

I imagine we'll see more of Jaga. He's dead, but I imagine he'll show-up in ghost form from time to time. Much like he did in the original.

Snarf and the twins actually helping out, if by accident in the case of Snarf, was really nice. It's good to see they'll be useful to the rest of the team at times.

Panthro not being able to swim was interesting, and unexpected. Should be interesting to see how this comes into play in future episodes.

The book being blank is an interesting twist, if a little cheesy. Should be interesting to see what's all going on with it.

I'm already looking forward to next week's episode, and well, every episode from here on out, lol.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:58 PM   #34
Covenant
Thunder Kitty
Did anyone notice that the Lion protecting the Book of Omens had Vintage Lion-O's armor with his abs showing? Hmmmmm..... Just another Easter egg?
Covenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:10 PM   #35
Beast Arrow
Thunder Kitty
Did anyone notice during the flashback scene a spaceship that looks like the Feliner or Thunderstrike?
Beast Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:14 PM   #36
Death2Fanboys
Red Eye
This episode was a bit of Indiana Jones for my taste. Which is a good thing! I love Indy.

I know this is a kids show but anyone else felt a sexual innuendo when Lion-O said Cheetara was just trying to get his sword to work...maybe? I dunno...need to get my head out of the gutter sometimes.

Anywhoo....the Mummra tank? Couldn't just Mummy Ra just flown all the way to the Tower of Omens?

Great stuff! Looking forward to next week.
Death2Fanboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:18 PM   #37
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
Wow, another great episode. In some respects it felt like it was only 10 minutes long as it seemed to fly through.

More references, lots of backstory, and Mumm-Ra the ever living were fantastic. I actually liked that the book is blank, but it does seem a bit too video gamey; The book has all your answers, quest for it! You found the book, but you can't read it, quest to read it!

I'm not sure I'm sold on the transformation sequence itself, it felt overly rushed for such a dramatic game-changer (to the ignorant audience).
Pravus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:24 PM   #38
Sideswipe80
Thunder Kitty
I demand to know Mumm Ra's origin. What is he? He commands a fleet, has tech but uses magic as well? Also I wonder if Cheetara's eyes lit up because she believes in Lion-O unlike the rest.
Sideswipe80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:37 PM   #39
Nekomen
Licking Purrfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Phe View Post
Loved it! Confused about something, though. If they were using technology in the recent past (shown in Mumm-ra's flashback), why do none of the Cats remember it?
Because it wasn't the recent past. It was probably farther back and these were the ancestors to what later became eaches parent. Either it's that, or it's a pretty big plothole that'll need to be covered.

They did say in the opening episodes that the book of omens has stories of technology with the cats, but it was nice to see it in action. =D

All around a pretty awesome episode!
And I still can't believe they went with such a blatant innuendo line about Cheetara helping Lion-O make his "Sword" work.

Last edited by Nekomen; 08-26-2011 at 11:42 PM..
Nekomen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:42 PM   #40
Tony_Bacala
Cornelius Tunar FTW
Another really good ep. I sound like a broken record every week here. Guess that's not a bad thing. .

So they laid groundwork for stories involving previous kings, and an entire old school era where Thundercats (or Cats) were working with Mumm Ra.

Odd that the cats in the old era just so happened to look like Tygra and Lion O. And the Tygra guy was called Tygris. What a co-inky-dink. All of that has comic mini-series written all over it. Or, after this series has it's run, pull a Clone Wars and just tell an old story in real time, even tho you know what comes later. Thundercats Episode 1 The Old Republic.

Was thinking that finding this tower, and the book, would be a mid season, or season finale thing. But, we get it 6 eps in. So I guess they got some big stuff coming down the pipe.

All I can say to that is BRING IT!
Old 08-26-2011, 11:52 PM   #41
SPLIT LIP
King of Braves
Want to see epiode so bad! D:
Old 08-27-2011, 12:04 AM   #42
The Ever Living
I love you too maaa-mutt!
There is a place called anime flavor...if you google it, it will lead you to the episode you seek! I posted the link but remembered we can't......I too don't have cable but this site seems to have the ep about two or three hours after it airs!

Last edited by The Ever Living; 08-27-2011 at 12:14 AM..
The Ever Living is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 12:35 AM   #43
SPLIT LIP
King of Braves
Thanks! Episode was great. It could've only been better if the animation was a little smoother. Mumm-ra in particular seemed off-model a bit. I didn't mind his buff form being shown so soon, I just wish the actual transformation was a little cooler, but since it's not stock footage or anything it means the jury's still out on that.

It really whized-by, but since there was so much in it that makes sense.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:02 AM   #44
nflxfl21
lion o pride
what if the silver hawks showed the cats how to use the tec stuff and monstar was mummra teacher and thats how we get a cross over.
nflxfl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 01:14 AM   #45
Tony_Bacala
Cornelius Tunar FTW
Over 200 HD Images from the episode: Thundercats 106 Journey to the Tower of Omens HD Images

Some Favs:

Old King

Panthro

Mumm Ra the Ever Living

PWND

Mumm Ra

MummTank

MummTank Parked
Old 08-27-2011, 01:16 AM   #46
wizzra
Thunder Kitty
I really enjoyed this episode! It was really packed with information / action. Good stuff!
wizzra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 01:38 AM   #47
Thinktank
Thunder Kitty
I think I creeped the Mrs. out a bit when she noticed me silently mouthing the
words for Mumm-Ra's transformation incantation in real time.

The first two thirds of the episode were absolutely awesome.
the last third was a bit chaotic and yet still awesome.

When the tower came out of the waterfall I got goosebumps.
The visuals team really know there business on this show.

I hope it only gets better from here on out.
Thinktank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 01:53 AM   #48
JASONKAT
Thunder Kitty
This was the best TC show i ever seen "so far" Unlike the last few which had a few bumps in the road with other characters. This1 got right down to just the "gang" and mumra. just the way i like it. i still say the wily's r my favs from the bunch. they r so cute and funny.
Seems like every show is the best 1 til you see the next1, so now that i loved this1 from the last..sumthing tells me next week will beat this1, its just a great show!,
JASONKAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:29 AM   #49
BB Shockwave
Thunder Kitty
Thundercats (2011) - S01E06 - Journey to the Tower of Omens (180 MB version)
BB Shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 05:30 AM   #50
Shenlon
Thunder Kitty
Slept on it a bit last night and had some more thoughts.

In Ancient Egypt Cats were worshiped and revered , so Mumm-Ra being an ancient Pharaoh may tie in to their connection.

Or maybe the cats were a very primitive species and Mumm-Ra came down in his flying pyramid and they worshiped him like a God. He then takes advantage of their naivety and uses them for his personal goals

But one thing is really bothering me and maybe someone can shed some more light on this.

In the first or second episode, it is stated that there is a prophecy that their greatest king would come bearing the gift of sight beyond sight. Now the fans know this means Lion-O of course.

But if the indication of this great future king is the gift of sight beyond sight , then this would mean that this is something previous kings did not have or was very rare if they did.

But when Lion-O calls upon sight beyond sight , no one is surprised or even acts like it is all that impressive.

Also Mumm-Ras transformation was very lackluster , They could have made it a lot more impressive. Like they could have had it where the cats race up the stairs to the book of Omens. Then as they walk towards it Mummy Mumm-Rs floats down in front of it. Lion-O Says something like "You will never have the book Mumm-Ra , we will stop you" Then Mumm-Ra starts laughing evil and manically.

All of a sudden he starts his chant , the clouds outside the temple grow very dark and lightning starts billowing across the sky , purple smoke fills the air , and then he finishes "Mumm-Ra the Ever Living" and lightning crashes down in front of him as his form changes. His evil bat like wings extend as the cats have this look on their face . A Great billow of wind flies towards the cats , them having to shield their face with their arm , as a sign of his impressive power.

This is just something I thought of as I lay in bed lol.

Last edited by Shenlon; 08-27-2011 at 05:36 AM..
Shenlon is offline   Reply With Quote