TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 12-08-2011, 06:37 PM   #601
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
I'm gonna get off here. I've offended people that i'm friends with, so i'm out.
hollowdheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:49 PM   #602
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
Well I saw what Sam Register did to Justice League, I liked the show. So I think yes this is only the begining. But still I will only give this thundercats show a couple more episodes to see how things go because I cannot stand Tygra here. In Justice League all the player of the triangle/quardapleange are likeable not like Tygra.
Agreed.

She could have gone for anyone else except him. That was a kick in the nuts for lion-o.

I hope they don't make cheetara where she thinks she can change tygra.

Last edited by L08e16o; 12-08-2011 at 06:56 PM..
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:50 PM   #603
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowdheart View Post
I'm gonna get off here. I've offended people that i'm friends with, so i'm out.
Sad to see you go.

Are you staying on the board?
Old 12-08-2011, 06:51 PM   #604
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Nope.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:53 PM   #605
L08e16o
Quote:
Nope.
Your leaving the entire site?

Going to the TCL?
Old 12-08-2011, 06:56 PM   #606
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
Your leaving the entire site?

Going to the TCL?
I'm leaving the internet.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:58 PM   #607
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Quote:
I'm leaving the internet.
No chance you will be returning to the net?
cmangund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:58 PM   #608
stormbringer
I enjoyed our discussions hollowdheart.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:59 PM   #609
cmangund
Now that I think about, WB did some similiar 180 turn in relationship in Justice League with GL/Shaera when suddenly it was known that, shaera was a thanagarian spy already engaged/promised to Rho'talak from thanagar. But Gl/Shaera still love each other and Shaera hated Rho in the end.

This is similar to what they did to Lion-O/Cheetara/Tygra where we suddenly know that cheetara and tygra have a past. Maybe there is another plot brewing behind this betrayal of love.

Last edited by cmangund; 12-08-2011 at 07:02 PM..
Old 12-08-2011, 07:08 PM   #610
L08e16o
Quote:
Now that I think about, WB did some similiar 180 turn in relationship in Justice League with GL/Shaera when suddenly it was known that, shaera was a thanagarian spy already engaged/promised to Rho'talak from thanagar. But Gl/Shaera still love each other and Shaera hated Rho in the end.

This is similar to what they did to Lion-O/Cheetara/Tygra where we suddenly know that cheetara and tygra have a past. Maybe there is another plot brewing behind this betrayal of love.
Was it you or someone else post that we were going to find out in episode 14 why cheetara follows lion-o around.

There has to be more to it. I don't think they would end the love triangle in episode 13, I think they would have done it later. Can't be she is his bodyguard, that is to obvious. I think they are conneted to the SoO.

All the OS people including me have waited for L/C. If the series have gone on, they would have been together. Besides, tygra has pumya.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:13 PM   #611
cmangund
Quote:
Was it you or someone else post that we were going to find out in episode 14 why cheetara follows lion-o around.

There has to be more to it. I don't think they would end the love triangle in episode 13, I think they would have done it later. Can't be she is his bodyguard, that is to obvious. I think they are conneted to the SoO.

All the OS people including me have waited for L/C. If the series have gone on, they would have been together. Besides, tygra has pumya.
Yes it was me that posted that. Just reposting what Jelenic said.

Yeah based on what I saw with Sam Register's previous effect on the Justice League cartoon show, I would'nt be surprised if this can go to a Lion-O/Cheetara/Tygra/Pyumra Quardapleangle.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:13 PM   #612
stormbringer
Yeah in the OC I thought Lion-o and Cheetara made sense and Tygra and Pumyra worked. This current mess better have a really good plot twist.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:21 PM   #613
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
Yeah in the OC I thought Lion-o and Cheetara made sense and Tygra and Pumyra worked. This current mess better have a really good plot twist.
It still go can go that way.

I think lion-o with pumyra just don't make sense.

Why not complete what the OC didn't didn't finish with L/C and T/P. I think all sides would be happy.

Do you think tygra would want to stay around and serve lion-o. I think he would be better on his own with pumyra. He can start is own destiny.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:21 PM   #614
L08e16o
Quote:
It sounded like the writers were going that way if they had more time.

Last edited by L08e16o; 12-08-2011 at 11:18 PM..
Old 12-08-2011, 09:40 PM   #615
cmangund
Quote:

I think lion-o with pumyra just don't make sense.

Why not complete what the OC didn't didn't finish with L/C and T/P. I think all sides would be happy.
I agree, completely.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:44 PM   #616
cmangund
Peter Lawrence, one of the original writer of the OS said he did not really like the new TC. Maybe one of the reason is because of this mess? playing around with the fans feelings?He did write the Forest of Magi oar episode though.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:54 PM   #617
Eclipse
Witch Doctor
Quote:
If lion-o didn't say anything about their father, he would have left him. Tygra only felt guilty, because he loved their father.
I've been at the bottom of that pit: in my case it was filled with lime. My elder brother got my mother to rescue me and she grounded us both for a month --after the spanking of our lives. The writers are parents of more than one kid. That's pretty obvious to me, now mother of two, the story repeats itself.

Siblings do behave like that, adopted and not. You love your sibling, but you don't like him/her very much because he/she makes your life miserable. You would love to see him/her out of the picture but cannot stand being apart.

It's the twisted way of human nature, especially during childhood.

This is my way of saying I disagree with most of what's been written in the past ten + pages, and no, I won't start addressing each individually. It's already been too repetitive.
Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:25 PM   #618
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
I've been at the bottom of that pit: in my case it was filled with lime. My elder brother got my mother to rescue me and she grounded us both for a month --after the spanking of our lives. The writers are parents of more than one kid. That's pretty obvious to me, now mother of two, the story repeats itself.

Siblings do behave like that, adopted and not. You love your sibling, but you don't like him/her very much because he/she makes your life miserable. You would love to see him/her out of the picture but cannot stand being apart.

This is my way of saying I disagree with most of what's been written in the past ten + pages, and no, I won't start addressing each individually. It's already been too repetitive.
Life does not work that way.

My brother and I got into it when we were little and until this day he has not forgiven me.

My entire family does not get along.

In a good enviroment, yes that can happen. In the real world, it is more complicated.

I seen brothers not talk for years. My dad has six brothers and three sisters. They don't talk to each other. So your example does not always work.

Lion-o was not in a good enviroment, it was always about his brother. If only his brother could remove him, he would be king.

That is fine you're a tygra fan, but I do not like this tygra verison compared to the OS.

Last edited by L08e16o; 12-08-2011 at 10:39 PM..
Old 12-08-2011, 10:29 PM   #619
L08e16o
Quote:

I won't start addressing each individually. It's already been too repetitive.[/QUOTE]

I can't believe you said that. You're a tygra fan who does not want to hear us complain about tygra.

Tygra twice put him in a pit as a kid and adult.

Has your brother tried to do that to you as an adult?

That would be consider assult.

Last edited by L08e16o; 12-08-2011 at 10:40 PM..
Old 12-08-2011, 10:46 PM   #620
Eclipse
Witch Doctor
Thundercats has always been about Lion-O and his growth into a worthy leader, along with a team. Each and every one was a part of that team. I'm an OS Tygra fan. NS just started and I'm giving it a chance.

Most families I know have issues, including mine. That includes my husband's adopted elder brother (ring a bell?) and his family. Don't lecture me on family values or family issues. My point is still valid even when you don't like it. You are offended things did not go your way, I got that point a few pages back. The difference between us -you've made it personal- is I'm here for the ride. If I get down, I won't be announcing it page after page after page.

I just look forward to seeing the Berbils -always liked them silly things- present Panthro with his new arms. Panthro is a favorite from way back, but NS Panthro ROCKS.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:53 PM   #621
Eclipse
Witch Doctor
Quote:
I can't believe you said that. You're a tygra fan who does not want to hear us complain about tygra.
You're a Lion-O fan who does not want to hear a lone voice say she believes you are repetitive in your complaints. Can you honestly reread the last -say- 5 pages and tell me they're not repetitive?

I'm not asking you (and all the others) not to do it anymore. Just saying why I'm going to sleep instead of waiting for the next post. I _don't_ agree with you and that should not be a problem for anyone.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:56 PM   #622
L08e16o
Quote:
Thundercats has always been about Lion-O and his growth into a worthy leader, along with a team. Each and every one was a part of that team. I'm an OS Tygra fan. NS just started and I'm giving it a chance.

Most families I know have issues, including mine. That includes my husband's adopted elder brother (ring a bell?) and his family. Don't lecture me on family values or family issues. My point is still valid even when you don't like it. You are offended things did not go your way, I got that point a few pages back. The difference between us -you've made it personal- is I'm here for the ride. If I get down, I won't be announcing it page after page after page.

I just look forward to seeing the Berbils -always liked them silly things- present Panthro with his new arms. Panthro is a favorite from way back, but NS Panthro ROCKS.
Where do I make it personal? I do not agree with you, can't I disagree?

You gave me example about your family, to excuse tygra. I gave you ones that I know of. So it is not valid. I did not lecture you, I gave you example just like you. I said nothing about your family, I am saying you can't use one example and say that is how it is.

Adult kicking his brother down a hole is consider assult. When my dad got into a fist fight with his two brothers, they didn't say it is a brother thing. They were trying to really hurt each other.

On your last sentence, I do too.

Last edited by L08e16o; 12-08-2011 at 11:13 PM..
Old 12-08-2011, 11:07 PM   #623
L08e16o
Quote:
You're a Lion-O fan who does not want to hear a lone voice say she believes you are repetitive in your complaints. Can you honestly reread the last -say- 5 pages and tell me they're not repetitive?

I'm not asking you (and all the others) not to do it anymore. Just saying why I'm going to sleep instead of waiting for the next post. I _don't_ agree with you and that should not be a problem for anyone.
I read the pro tygra TCL board, I totally disagree. I am not over there complaining about it. I see them form a mob on there against people who speak out against tygra. I don't see anyone doing that over here. I see lion-o fans disappointed in the 180 in the relationships. They are trying to figure out where the writers were going and we think tygra is a jerk.

Ok, I disagree with your example of tygra. I think tygra is a narcissitist. I think he is wrong what he did and being siblings does not give him the excuse to treat lion-o the way he did. He did it as an adult. No excuse for that behavior.

People are not going to stop complaining about tygra.

Last edited by L08e16o; 12-08-2011 at 11:15 PM..
Old 12-08-2011, 11:17 PM   #624
L08e16o
Quote:
Peter Lawrence, one of the original writer of the OS said he did not really like the new TC. Maybe one of the reason is because of this mess? playing around with the fans feelings?He did write the Forest of Magi oar episode though.
Did he say what he didn't like about it?
Old 12-08-2011, 11:50 PM   #625
cmangund
Quote:
Did he say what he didn't like about it?
He said something like I am not really impressed with their writings and I think they are not really impressed with my writings of the OS too And that the Producers of the OS should also be onboard with the NS, but they decided not to include the OS producers. Something like that, I lost the link to the interview Transcript it was on facebook, darn it.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:03 AM   #626
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
I read the pro tygra TCL board, I totally disagree. I am not over there complaining about it. I see them form a mob on there against people who speak out against tygra. I don't see anyone doing that over here. I see lion-o fans disappointed in the 180 in the relationships. They are trying to figure out where the writers were going and we think tygra is a jerk.

Ok, I disagree with your example of tygra. I think tygra is a narcissitist. I think he is wrong what he did and being siblings does not give him the excuse to treat lion-o the way he did. He did it as an adult. No excuse for that behavior.

People are not going to stop complaining about tygra.
Just because someone disagrees with you, it doesn't make them a Tygra fanatic. They could just think you're full of bull. It happens. Just because a lot of them disagree with you, it doesn't make them a mob. Maybe its a lot of people who think you're full of bull.

TCL is a nice board. The mods are active and there is lots of intelligent discussion. This thread is full of Tygra and Cheetara hate. Its nothing more than a bashing thread. Why not make an ANTI thread so this one can go back to being about the episode?
I agree about this thread being repetitive. Ive spoken up about the Astral Plane scene yet no one cares to acknowledge my point or try and debate it. Sounds like someone is refusing to see logic. Maybe its because they've invested far to much into a fictional character and must demonize everyone else in order to better glorify or make a martyr of their favorite character? My goodness?? That sounds familiar. Lemme see, uh could it be fanaticism?

If the writes thought like most of the post in this thread, Lion-O would be a piss poor king. He'd be little more than a victim of his own selfishness and asshatery. Just a little boy scrambling to fill shoes that weren't fitted for him.

Yet I know this isn't true. I know Lion-O will grow to be a good king and a decent person. It'll take time for Lion-O to truly own up to the greatness that's lurking inside him. This is about his journey to that point. It takes time, we are only 13 episodes deep.
Chique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:40 AM   #627
cmangund
Been asking this Lion-O/Cheetara thing from Cheetara’s prespective with my writer friend that does not know Thundercats at all until I showed him the episodes 1-13, his opinion on it:

If She only sees Lion-O as just a friend or brother without any romantic interest on him, then the writer will not need to emphasize on the word “You are right, I did choose years ago, I chose you” with Cheetara’s dialogue at the end of the episode. Because if this is the case then it is all set with Tygra, nothing to choose. It is a clear indication, that the writer wanted to show that Cheetara is conflicted with her feelings, she has feelings for both brothers. Part of the reason she choose Tygra is because of the guilt she felt of hurting Tygra’s feelings by the things she did with Lion-O, after what Tygra did to her in the past. If she does not feel this guilt she will go to Lion-O first. Because she has a lot of time to choose Tygra of the bat but she didn’t, why, because she is conflicted, after she knows Lion-O, maybe from the past too, that they haven’t showed us.

So if Lion-O should speak his feelings, she will be in deep conflict again and thus making the triangle open again. She will not be able to choose between the brothers. At least that is how I see it.

Last edited by cmangund; 12-09-2011 at 02:03 AM..
Old 12-09-2011, 08:24 AM   #628
XiaCheyenne
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
Just because someone disagrees with you, it doesn't make them a Tygra fanatic. They could just think you're full of bull. It happens. Just because a lot of them disagree with you, it doesn't make them a mob. Maybe its a lot of people who think you're full of bull.

TCL is a nice board. The mods are active and there is lots of intelligent discussion. This thread is full of Tygra and Cheetara hate. Its nothing more than a bashing thread. Why not make an ANTI thread so this one can go back to being about the episode?
I agree about this thread being repetitive. Ive spoken up about the Astral Plane scene yet no one cares to acknowledge my point or try and debate it. Sounds like someone is refusing to see logic. Maybe its because they've invested far to much into a fictional character and must demonize everyone else in order to better glorify or make a martyr of their favorite character? My goodness?? That sounds familiar. Lemme see, uh could it be fanaticism?

If the writes thought like most of the post in this thread, Lion-O would be a piss poor king. He'd be little more than a victim of his own selfishness and asshatery. Just a little boy scrambling to fill shoes that weren't fitted for him.

Yet I know this isn't true. I know Lion-O will grow to be a good king and a decent person. It'll take time for Lion-O to truly own up to the greatness that's lurking inside him. This is about his journey to that point. It takes time, we are only 13 episodes deep.
I agree with you...I have been here for a litle while and I have seen that this has turned into a serious Tygra hating contest...and it is true that these are just anime chracaters. I know I have posted a few times here to talk about the episode and there are some that seem to not see the full picture of what the episode was about. Blame has gone to the writers for not allowing Cheetara to be with Lion-O...
I have said this before...the comics DID NOT have it that way!
As much as that would have been cute, it's not going to happen and to base watching the show on the fact of whether or not they do allow a L/C is totally not fair to the show. The show is called THUNDERCATS, meaning ALL of them. They had to add some kind of angst to directly affect Lion-O...to directly force him to realize that there is more to being a leader. He will have a hard time trusting in them again, and I believe that they won't know why for a while. I really don't think that they will play the triangle again...that has been done and the choice made.
Whether or not those on this thread like it, Lion-O WILL NOT get Cheetara back...just not in the cards for them. The rivalry between the brothers is unfortunate, but underneath it all Tygra STILL has to accept that the sword chose Lion-O and he MUST accept that unconditionally being Lion-O brother (even if it eats at him).
Tygra does has his good points, but his disdain for Lion-O has clouded them some. I have never said I hated Tygra...I just hate what he has done to his younger brother and Cheetara has done even worse. That kiss is going to lead to Lion-O breaking away from the group...more figuratively than physically but he will eventually go on his own vision quest soon.
We shall see how this changes him...how powerful this makes him as well as how the relationship dynamic will change after such a deep hurt.
XiaCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:25 AM   #629
L08e16o
Quote:

Another tygra fan, and she is too.

Bull, TLC has more than 60 pages going on about the love triangle. This is only 13. How do you compare. I seen them call some one racist, because they don't like tygra. Yeah, logical.

Just because someone didn't answer your post, doesn't mean they don't see logic. Maybe they disagree with you and don't want to reply back.

Tygra is a jerk.

We are complaining how they have made your hero (tygra) look great. Was he not made to look great in these two past episodes?

Has there been another episode? This is what we were left with. If another episode followed it, we would be discussing that episode.

If the writers read all the pro tygra post, he would be god and lion-o would be his number one worshipper.

Last edited by L08e16o; 12-09-2011 at 09:32 AM..
Old 12-09-2011, 09:31 AM   #630
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by XiaCheyenne View Post
I agree with you...I have been here for a litle while and I have seen that this has turned into a serious Tygra hating contest...and it is true that these are just anime chracaters. I know I have posted a few times here to talk about the episode and there are some that seem to not see the full picture of what the episode was about. Blame has gone to the writers for not allowing Cheetara to be with Lion-O...
I have said this before...the comics DID NOT have it that way!
As much as that would have been cute, it's not going to happen and to base watching the show on the fact of whether or not they do allow a L/C is totally not fair to the show. The show is called THUNDERCATS, meaning ALL of them. They had to add some kind of angst to directly affect Lion-O...to directly force him to realize that there is more to being a leader. He will have a hard time trusting in them again, and I believe that they won't know why for a while. I really don't think that they will play the triangle again...that has been done and the choice made.
Whether or not those on this thread like it, Lion-O WILL NOT get Cheetara back...just not in the cards for them. The rivalry between the brothers is unfortunate, but underneath it all Tygra STILL has to accept that the sword chose Lion-O and he MUST accept that unconditionally being Lion-O brother (even if it eats at him).
Tygra does has his good points, but his disdain for Lion-O has clouded them some. I have never said I hated Tygra...I just hate what he has done to his younger brother and Cheetara has done even worse. That kiss is going to lead to Lion-O breaking away from the group...more figuratively than physically but he will eventually go on his own vision quest soon.
We shall see how this changes him...how powerful this makes him as well as how the relationship dynamic will change after such a deep hurt.
How many times must it be said. I would be fine if there was development with tygra from the begining, not a flashback and that is all. How many 12 years olds are together now after seeing a person once in their life. People date so many people.

That is the problem for me, everyone one wants lion-o to grow but not tygra. I think lion-o has turn out pretty well, up until the kiss, he has believe in his brother. I think lion-o would have been fine with tygra being king.

It went from tygra was going to betray him to he will feel betrayed. Cheetara was the one to betray him if anyone did.

Last edited by L08e16o; 12-09-2011 at 09:51 AM..
Old 12-09-2011, 09:47 AM   #631
L08e16o
Quote:
Been asking this Lion-O/Cheetara thing from Cheetara’s prespective with my writer friend that does not know Thundercats at all until I showed him the episodes 1-13, his opinion on it:

If She only sees Lion-O as just a friend or brother without any romantic interest on him, then the writer will not need to emphasize on the word “You are right, I did choose years ago, I chose you” with Cheetara’s dialogue at the end of the episode. Because if this is the case then it is all set with Tygra, nothing to choose. It is a clear indication, that the writer wanted to show that Cheetara is conflicted with her feelings, she has feelings for both brothers. Part of the reason she choose Tygra is because of the guilt she felt of hurting Tygra’s feelings by the things she did with Lion-O, after what Tygra did to her in the past. If she does not feel this guilt she will go to Lion-O first. Because she has a lot of time to choose Tygra of the bat but she didn’t, why, because she is conflicted, after she knows Lion-O, maybe from the past too, that they haven’t showed us.

So if Lion-O should speak his feelings, she will be in deep conflict again and thus making the triangle open again. She will not be able to choose between the brothers. At least that is how I see it.
I agree. She was very vague about who she chose. I don't remember saying I chose you.

I remember saying I didn't thank you and she kissed him.

You're right about the guilt part. That would be conflict if she felt she had to go to tygra, because he knew she hurt him. That makes a lot of sense. That makes sense why she went to tygra first.

I wish they didn't introduce the relationships.

If they want layers, that would be one way to do it. I think they will keep it going, because lion-o sees it as tygra betrayed him. Tygra didn't betray him, it was cheetara, if anyone was consider to betray anyone.

All I know is cheetara is in a tough situation, but that seems what the writers want.

I just hope pumyra is not lion-o's love interest. I would like lion-o stop losing to his brother too.

If they do explain cheetara in the 14 episode why she follows lion-o around, it will be interesting.

Last edited by L08e16o; 12-09-2011 at 10:26 AM..
Old 12-09-2011, 02:19 PM   #632
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Another tygra fan, and she is too.

Bull, TLC has more than 60 pages going on about the love triangle. This is only 13. How do you compare. I seen them call some one racist, because they don't like tygra. Yeah, logical.

Just because someone didn't answer your post, doesn't mean they don't see logic. Maybe they disagree with you and don't want to reply back.

Tygra is a jerk.

We are complaining how they have made your hero (tygra) look great. Was he not made to look great in these two past episodes?

Has there been another episode? This is what we were left with. If another episode followed it, we would be discussing that episode.

If the writers read all the pro tygra post, he would be god and lion-o would be his number one worshipper.
You're amazing. You truly believe the only fans who feel different from you must be Tygra fans? Dude take a step out of this forum. Look around because that isn't true.

How great could they have made Tygra if you're spending 13 pages complaining about how much of a jerk he is?
The only "great" thing Tygra did in BB has yet to be praised in this thread. No one wants to acknowledge him coming to terms with some of his anger in the AP. In the AP! A place that magnifies all of your worst feelings and memories. Yet he, with the help of his brother managed to overcome all of those feelings. Now that's great! That shows will power and emotional development. It ends with Tygra telling his brother that he would never betray him,
"Not then, not now". That shows the strength of their bound. They fight, true enough, but they still love each other. Not even Mumm-Ra could break them up.

What wrong with 60 pages discussing the love triangle ? This is not 13 pages discussing Between Brothers. Its 13 pages of character hate and bashing. Not to mention the large amount of sexism spewing from this thing has probably turned more than a few potential posters off.

Someone got called racsit because they implied the only race good enough to weild the SOO would be Lions.
Quote:
Racism, a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
That would be a racist mindset. That poster used the definition of racism and applied it to the post. How is that NOT logical?
Tygra can be a bit of an ass but lets not forget Lion-O can be too. Are have you not watched Ramlak Rising, Into the Astral Plane or Old Friends?
Old 12-09-2011, 02:44 PM   #633
L08e16o
Quote:
You're amazing. You truly believe the only fans who feel different from you must be Tygra fans? Dude take a step out of this forum. Look around because that isn't true.

How great could they have made Tygra if you're spending 13 pages complaining about how much of a jerk he is?
The only "great" thing Tygra did in BB has yet to be praised in this thread. No one wants to acknowledge him coming to terms with some of his anger in the AP. In the AP! A place that magnifies all of your worst feelings and memories. Yet he, with the help of his brother managed to overcome all of those feelings. Now that's great! That shows will power and emotional development. It ends with Tygra telling his brother that he would never betray him,
"Not then, not now". That shows the strength of their bound. They fight, true enough, but they still love each other. Not even Mumm-Ra could break them up.

What wrong with 60 pages discussing the love triangle ? This is not 13 pages discussing Between Brothers. Its 13 pages of character hate and bashing. Not to mention the large amount of sexism spewing from this thing has probably turned more than a few potential posters off.

Someone got called racsit because they implied the only race good enough to weild the SOO would be Lions.

That would be a racist mindset. That poster used the definition of racism and applied it to the post. How is that NOT logical?
Tygra can be a bit of an ass but lets not forget Lion-O can be too. Are have you not watched Ramlak Rising, Into the Astral Plane or Old Friends?
No, you are a tygra fan and so is she.

First, about racism. That is the dumbest thing I ever heard. Because the shows only showed lion's weilding a SoO. That is a insult to real people who face racism everyday, not some animal. You defending that claim is pathetic. I can just see you saying someone is a racist because they think another animal is better. What world do you live in. L

This is the last episode so far is it not? So people can discuss what they saw.

Sexism, where? You're sad.

You are pissed, because people were complaining about tygra. You don't like it. Get use to it.

60 pages of taking on anyone who does not agree with tygra. That is not quality conversation. I bet you are apart of the tygra mob over there.

Lion-o is immature, I do agree. Still does not excuse the adult kicking his brother in the pit. Lion-o does not mention their father, tygra walks off.

Last edited by L08e16o; 12-09-2011 at 02:51 PM..
Old 12-09-2011, 02:46 PM   #634
L08e16o
Racism, a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

Human race, not cartoon animals. You can't even compare. Sounded like someone got mad and said it was racist.

Have the ever shown another animal weilding the SoO.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:05 PM   #635
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:

Human race, not cartoon animals. You can't even compare. Sounded like someone got mad and said it was racist.

Have the ever shown another animal weilding the SoO.
Why does it matter if they are human or not? Even so, they posses more human traits then they do animal. Hell the even have a cast system. Sounds pretty darn human to me.
No, no other animal has ever had the chance because the sword has been passed down through generations of Lions exclusively.
It doesnt matter , the idea and logic behind the post is racist.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:21 PM   #636
L08e16o
Quote:
Why does it matter if they are human or not? Even so, they posses more human traits then they do animal. Hell the even have a cast system. Sounds pretty darn human to me.
No, no other animal has ever had the chance because the sword has been passed down through generations of Lions exclusively.
It doesnt matter , the idea and logic behind the post is racist.
Look at the real definition. Human race. This is not real. People don't start using powerful words like that unless they are mad.

We don't know if the lion-o kept it away from any animal. Just as you said we don't know if another animal can use it. Sounds like you are sore, because the lions can weild it. Lions are consider the king of the jungle. I think that was apart of the process when they wrote the OS.

We know the SoO chooses the worthy cat. If tygra was worthy, I believe it would have chose him. I also believe some how leo placing the war stone in the SoO has something to do with it. Maybe his line can only use it.

It doesnt matter , the idea and logic behind the post is racist

You're crazy. You don't even know the word. Calling someone racist because they don't like a character. Do you work in a office enviroment? Try and use that word on someone with no basis, I don't think you would like the outcome.

I talked to some people in my office who are different color than I am and they laugh that you compare a cartoon to rasism. I live in the North and yes one of the people lived in the south during the 60s. They felt the real pain of real rasism. It is a insult to use that word. I think they understand what racsim is compared to you.

The person was mad, because the other person kept bashing tygra.

You can bash lion-o all you want, I don't care, because he deserves some of it.

If tygra has delt with his feelings that he has built up his whole life, and overcome them in one episode, that is poor writing. That is unrealistic.

Last edited by L08e16o; 12-09-2011 at 03:28 PM..
Old 12-09-2011, 04:22 PM   #637
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Look at the real definition. Human race. This is not real. People don't start using powerful words like that unless they are mad.

We don't know if the lion-o kept it away from any animal. Just as you said we don't know if another animal can use it. Sounds like you are sore, because the lions can weild it. Lions are consider the king of the jungle. I think that was apart of the process when they wrote the OS.

We know the SoO chooses the worthy cat. If tygra was worthy, I believe it would have chose him. I also believe some how leo placing the war stone in the SoO has something to do with it. Maybe his line can only use it.

It doesnt matter , the idea and logic behind the post is racist

You're crazy. You don't even know the word. Calling someone racist because they don't like a character. Do you work in a office enviroment? Try and use that word on someone with no basis, I don't think you would like the outcome.

I talked to some people in my office who are different color than I am and they laugh that you compare a cartoon to rasism. I live in the North and yes one of the people lived in the south during the 60s. They felt the real pain of real rasism. It is a insult to use that word. I think they understand what racsim is compared to you.

The person was mad, because the other person kept bashing tygra.

You can bash lion-o all you want, I don't care, because he deserves some of it.

If tygra has delt with his feelings that he has built up his whole life, and overcome them in one episode, that is poor writing. That is unrealistic.
The real definition is not human race. The real definition is the idea that one group is better then the other based on the way that they look or the backgrounds that they come from. You're sitting here denying the definition because it doesn't sit well with you. You're ignoring racism and refusing to see it because instead of real people , were discussing cartoons. Im not calling the original poster a racist. I dont know him/her, but I am acknowledging that the idea that only a lion is great enough to wield the sword, racism.
Maybe you should better familiarize yourself with racism and how its been portrayed in various MEDIUMS. Yes that includes cartoons. You and your co-workers should do a little research before you start heckling, because now all of you look stupid.
I never said Lion-O wasn't worthy. I never said Tygra was. All I said was the IDEA THAT ONLY LIONS COULD WIELD IT WAS RACIST. Nor am I calling the cartoon racist. Once again, its the idea that one group is better based on appearance, that is racism.

Your getting a bit personal buddy. You know nothing about me or what I may have come into contact with over the course of my life. Slow down.

I bet you dont even see that this show has a cast system in it. If you did, then you would know that cartoons are capable of including sensitive subject matters. Now who doesn't understand racism?
Old 12-09-2011, 04:55 PM   #638
L08e16o
Quote:
The real definition is not human race. The real definition is the idea that one group is better then the other based on the way that they look or the backgrounds that they come from. You're sitting here denying the definition because it doesn't sit well with you. You're ignoring racism and refusing to see it because instead of real people , were discussing cartoons. Im not calling the original poster a racist. I dont know him/her, but I am acknowledging that the idea that only a lion is great enough to wield the sword, racism.
Maybe you should better familiarize yourself with racism and how its been portrayed in various MEDIUMS. Yes that includes cartoons. You and your co-workers should do a little research before you start heckling, because now all of you look stupid.
I never said Lion-O wasn't worthy. I never said Tygra was. All I said was the IDEA THAT ONLY LIONS COULD WIELD IT WAS RACIST. Nor am I calling the cartoon racist. Once again, its the idea that one group is better based on appearance, that is racism.

Your getting a bit personal buddy. You know nothing about me or what I may have come into contact with over the course of my life. Slow down.

I bet you dont even see that this show has a cast system in it. If you did, then you would know that cartoons are capable of including sensitive subject matters. Now who doesn't understand racism?
The scope is you think someone is racist, becaue they said that only lion's can only weild the SoO. You know how stupid that sounds.

I know there was cast system. That is one of the main plots in the show. The cats are against every species (the correct word). Lion-o will unite them.

My co-work is a black women who was rasied in the south, her childhood was in the late 50s to early 60s. She and her family went through a lot.

This was one of the things that made that TLC forum go 60 pages.

""Your getting a bit personal buddy. You know nothing about me or what I may have come into contact with over the course of my life. Slow down.""

If I have offened you, I am sorry. But what about the other person you guys were calling racist. When you call someone racist over a cartoon shows poor judgement. Come into contact with over the course of my life?????????? Please explain if you want?

I do not know what your hang up is with lions weilding the sword. Is it because you want tygra to be the greatest?

I do not like this version of tygra. It is what it is. Maybe he will grow on me, but right now, I don't like him.

I would have been fine if T/C had a relationship forming in the begining.

I do not want to see Lion-o and Pumya. I have always wanted it to be T/P from the OS. I am disappointed about that too.

I want to see mummra to finally kick someones butt. The cats should be struggling against him.

Last edited by L08e16o; 12-09-2011 at 05:49 PM..
Old 12-09-2011, 04:59 PM   #639
stormbringer
With the poor showing Mumm-ras had lately, they'd better do something fast or it'll be hard to take him seriously.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:01 PM   #640
L08e16o
Quote:
With the poor showing Mumm-ras had lately, they'd better do something fast or it'll be hard to take him seriously.
Thank you!!

He is only an after thought.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:02 PM   #641
L08e16o
TC fans really lover their favorite characters.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:16 PM   #642
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
In the OS the sword of omens belonged to jaga so i would guess not only lions can have it.
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:20 PM   #643
stormbringer
True, but we don't know what the rules are in this new continuity.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:27 PM   #644
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
In this new series it shows the sword was made for leo so i would say that it is leo property and in has been passed down through his family lines for generations hence the "legacy" episode
Old 12-09-2011, 05:35 PM   #645
stormbringer
I remember that in the OS, that even Willa the warrior maiden could use sight beyond sight, so in the OS pretty much any non evil being could probably use some of the swords abilities.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:40 PM   #646
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
I remember that she didn't use the sight beyond sight she just woke the sword up at other times lion-o commanded it to do sight beyond sight and allowed other to look throughit to see
Old 12-09-2011, 05:47 PM   #647
L08e16o
Thanks for reminding me that. Jaga was awesome!!

I wanted jaga to live in the NS so much. I knew it was to good to last.

IMO leo' blood line can only use it. What I would like to know is if only lion-o can pull the war stone out. Can another cat do that?

Episode 14 needs to come out soon. Does anyone know when it comes out.

Last edited by L08e16o; 12-09-2011 at 05:50 PM..
Old 12-09-2011, 05:57 PM   #648
stormbringer
I don't think they announced when new episodes start yet, other than 2012.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:00 PM   #649
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
I would guess only lion-o can pull it out seeing jaga is dead now. OR maybe it can't be removed as its permanently merged with the sword as it was in the OS. I'm waiting to see lion-o say sword of omen come to my hand
Old 12-09-2011, 06:03 PM   #650
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
The scope is you think someone is racist, becaue they said that only lion's can only weild the SoO. You know how stupid that sounds.

I know there was cast system. That is one of the main plots in the show. The cats are against every species (the correct word). Lion-o will unite them.

My co-work is a black women who was rasied in the south, her childhood was in the late 50s to early 60s. She and her family went through a lot.

This was one of the things that made that TLC forum go 60 pages.

""Your getting a bit personal buddy. You know nothing about me or what I may have come into contact with over the course of my life. Slow down.""

If I have offened you, I am sorry. But what about the other person you guys were calling racist. When you call someone racist over a cartoon shows poor judgement. Come into contact with over the course of my life?????????? Please explain if you want?

I do not know what your hang up is with lions weilding the sword. Is it because you want tygra to be the greatest?

I do not like this version of tygra. It is what it is. Maybe he will grow on me, but right now, I don't like him.

I would have been fine if T/C had a relationship forming in the begining.

I do not want to see Lion-o and Pumya. I have always wanted it to be T/P from the OS. I am disappointed about that too.

I want to see mummra to finally kick someones butt. The cats should be struggling against him.
Once again, did not call her/him a racist. Said the logic behind that post was racist.
What about this are you not understanding? Saying that Lions are superior over all the other races of cats is a racist mindset. Its racist because it implies Lions are better simply because they are lions. Do you understand now ?

I dont care what race of cat wields the sword. I dont care if its a lion, tiger, mountain lion, cheetah or a freaking ocelot. I have no problem with Lion-O wielding the sword. Where are you getting this? We were talking about interpreting someone's post, not about my personal hang ups.

Its not the struggle against the lizards that is so reminiscent of a cast system. The cats were dividing themselves up by appearances. The lower level cats, or the ones at the bottom of the cast system all have tails and ears like the thunderkittens. Those without tails are considered better and more evolved. Look up information about the cast system in india please.

You can admit that the show is portraying racism between the lizards and the cats, but then you called me crazy for talking about racism in a cartoon. Oddly enough, I wasn't even talking about racism in the context of the show as much as I was talking about the ideas behind a forum post. Yet here you are confirming something you ridiculed me for suggesting . Huh.

Last edited by Chique; 12-09-2011 at 06:17 PM..