TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 03-27-2012, 01:25 AM   #201
stac
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
Sometimes it's not about winning. Sometimes it's just about doing what you think is the right thing to do.
Sure, but it was a no-win situation and Cheetara had two main options:

Option A: Surrender and promptly be executed along with Lion-O and Tygra.

Option B: Take her own advice and “stick together” by helping Lion-O continue the fight. At least this option would have allowed the slightest chance for them to survive the battle.

One would expect a Cleric who is sworn to protect the King, who has trained most of her life for battle would pick the second option.
stac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:14 AM   #202
JASONKAT
Thunder Kitty
or C: tygra could of gone 'invisable-mode" And free his way out of it by defeating the1 who caught him and then the other cats could have carried on with their fight as well. :P
JASONKAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:54 AM   #203
bronwynn
Cleric
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post
(Lastly, Grammar Nazi; It's cents, as in currency, not sense, as in feel.)
Being a Grammar Nazi is a good thing. I apologize for the error. I should have caught it before I posted.
bronwynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:43 AM   #204
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
So Cheetara is reaching Lady Macbeth levels of manipulation? I can believe it.
I know it is sad...very sad, the reality of it
And that's just the tip of THE iceberg. She has yet reveal it to us her entire agenda...

Last edited by cmangund; 03-27-2012 at 06:45 AM..
cmangund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:05 AM   #205
AdamofEternia
Thunder Kitty
like i said before, it isn't just liono who needs to learn lessons in life about being a better person. the writers are unnecessary tearing his character down and justifying their actions with dumb excuses. i understand the concept they're going for in tearing him down to build a better character but it has become almost a running gag in this series and not in a good way. im kind of glad the writers plan on killing liono's character off for a few episodes and i hope they use that time to develop the other characters. most of the thundercats except liono are in need of development because at times these characters seem to contradict themselves. we need the development to better understand them the other thundercats especially cheetara.
AdamofEternia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:38 AM   #206
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Can you imagine what would happen to a SS agent if they save the first lady or man instead of the President. I don't think they will keep their job and I wouldn't be surprised if they are charged for not up holding their job.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:41 AM   #207
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight View Post
this is my favorite
Agree.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:44 AM   #208
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by stac View Post
As I and the others have said before, her choosing Tygra by surrendering destroyed any chance any of them might have had to make it out alive. Her decision almost cost all three of them their lives. There was no tactical advantage to surrendering. Lion-O made the right call.

She not only does a 180 turn and chooses Tygra, but she also refuses to stand by Lion-O when he needed her the most.

Cheetara’s decision was incredibly naïve. Slythe has been hunting the ThunderCats since Thundera fell and he’s even brought in new Generals to help deal with them. What did she think they would do when they surrendered? Let them live happily ever after?

Maybe the writers did this just to rub it in Lion-O’s face a bit more. Maybe they feel the only way to build Lion-O’s character is to first break him down completely. And then do it some more.
Agree, she is a different person.

Someone else said that and I think I agree with them. They are breaking him down and rebuilding him with fire.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:00 AM   #209
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by stac View Post
Sure, but it was a no-win situation and Cheetara had two main options:

Option A: Surrender and promptly be executed along with Lion-O and Tygra.

Option B: Take her own advice and “stick together” by helping Lion-O continue the fight. At least this option would have allowed the slightest chance for them to survive the battle.

One would expect a Cleric who is sworn to protect the King, who has trained most of her life for battle would pick the second option.
Maybe they were waiting for lion-o to be executed and then they would've fought.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:31 AM   #210
stormbringer
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
Maybe they were waiting for lion-o to be executed and then they would've fought.
You know, I can picture Cheetara whispering in Tygra's ear, telling him he would make a better king, and how together they can get rid of Lion-o. I put nothing past Cheetara anymore.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:58 AM   #211
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamofEternia View Post
like i said before, it isn't just liono who needs to learn lessons in life about being a better person. the writers are unnecessary tearing his character down and justifying their actions with dumb excuses. i understand the concept they're going for in tearing him down to build a better character but it has become almost a running gag in this series and not in a good way. im kind of glad the writers plan on killing liono's character off for a few episodes and i hope they use that time to develop the other characters. most of the thundercats except liono are in need of development because at times these characters seem to contradict themselves. we need the development to better understand them the other thundercats especially cheetara.
I agree 100%.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:59 AM   #212
L08e16o
Quote:
You know, I can picture Cheetara whispering in Tygra's ear, telling him he would make a better king, and how together they can get rid of Lion-o. I put nothing past Cheetara anymore.
That was why cheetara and tygra looked mad behind lion-o, their plan didn't work.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:19 PM   #213
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JASONKAT View Post
or C: tygra could of gone 'invisable-mode" And free his way out of it by defeating the1 who caught him and then the other cats could have carried on with their fight as well. :P
He was tied up up by his own whip and he need his whip to turn invisible but he could've moved out of the way instead of just standing there like an idiot i'm sure if kat was in that situation he would've moved so this just makes tygra look very stupid to say the least
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:22 PM   #214
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
The joke would've been on them because they would've been killed and stay dead while lion-o would've most likely come back with a cheesey grim like tygra had
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:31 PM   #215
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
The joke would've been on them because they would've been killed and stay dead while lion-o would've most likely come back with a cheesey grim like tygra had
Snarf was playing triple agent and gave them bad info. He was hoping he could kill three cats with one stone.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:00 PM   #216
L08e16o
Quote:
When lion-o went down to fight, they made their plan right then. He said stick together and the only that would happen is if lion-o was out of the picture.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:10 PM   #217
stormbringer
Quote:
When lion-o went down to fight, they made their plan right then. He said stick together and the only that would happen is if lion-o was out of the picture.
Aha! I knew all Mumm-ra would have to do is sit back and wait for the cats to self destruct on their own. He knew be could count on Cheetara.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:29 PM   #218
L08e16o
Quote:
Aha! I knew all Mumm-ra would have to do is sit back and wait for the cats to self destruct on their own. He knew be could count on Cheetara.
It worked. Spirit Stone ruin his whole plan.

Last edited by L08e16o; 03-27-2012 at 01:33 PM..
Old 03-27-2012, 02:06 PM   #219
stormbringer
Quote:
It worked. Spirit Stone ruin his whole plan.
At least Lion-o can depend on the spirit stone.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:13 PM   #220
L08e16o
Quote:
At least Lion-o can depend on the spirit stone.
Good thing he likes all that tech, because that is all he can depend on.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:53 PM   #221
stormbringer
Quote:
Good thing he likes all that tech, because that is all he can depend on.
Maybe that's the lesson Lion-o needs to learn. Only trust technology.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:48 PM   #222
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
That is funny.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:48 PM   #223
L08e16o
Quote:
Maybe that's the lesson Lion-o needs to learn. Only trust technology.
Only trust things that don't have a heart beat.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:52 PM   #224
cmangund
Quote:
Can you imagine what would happen to a SS agent if they save the first lady or man instead of the President. I don't think they will keep their job and I wouldn't be surprised if they are charged for not up holding their job.
That's why we have NAVY SEALS to get the job done. No "female cats" are allowed in the SEALS, to prevent the "Anorexic Ho Incident".

Old 03-27-2012, 04:56 PM   #225
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
That's why we have NAVY SEALS to get the job done. No "female cats" are allowed in the SEALS, to prevent the "Anorexic Ho Incident".

They will still do the mission even if one of their teammates are down.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:00 PM   #226
cmangund
Quote:

They will still do the mission even if one of their teammates are down.
Ah the beauty of the SEALS.

Old 03-27-2012, 05:02 PM   #227
L08e16o
Quote:
Ah the beauty of the SEALS.

SEALS are awesome.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:04 PM   #228
cmangund
Quote:
Of course Mumm-ra knows this. Mumm-ra and Cheetara share a "Special Relationship", later a flashback showing this will be revealed to us...

Old 03-27-2012, 05:09 PM   #229
L08e16o
Quote:
Of course Mumm-ra knows this. Mumm-ra and Cheetara share a "Special Relationship", later a flashback showing this will be revealed to us...

Mummra got her a dozen day astrids and chocolate covered fruit.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:20 PM   #230
L08e16o
When cheetara said her heart belongs to someone else, did she mean mummra? She didn't say tygra.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:28 PM   #231
cmangund
Quote:
When cheetara said her heart belongs to someone else, did she mean mummra? She didn't say tygra.
Mummm-Ra or the crown of TCATS.

Old 03-27-2012, 05:35 PM   #232
L08e16o
Quote:
Mummm-Ra or the crown of TCATS.

Old 03-27-2012, 05:54 PM   #233
cmangund
Quote:
He has won without winning a battle against them.
Cheetara is Mumm-ra's "Dirty Little Secret".

Old 03-27-2012, 05:58 PM   #234
L08e16o
Quote:
Cheetara is Mumm-ra's "Dirty Little Secret".

Old 03-27-2012, 06:16 PM   #235
cmangund
Quote:
Now all she has to do is knock off tygra. She will lead them to mummra and turn on him too with " I have to stick with him".
Then after all that said and done she will "knock off" Mumm-ra and his generals and gaining control of Mumm-ra's army. That will happen in EP 52 So The NS story will end with Cheetara's "Evil Laugh"

Old 03-27-2012, 06:20 PM   #236
L08e16o
Quote:
Then after all that said and done she will "knock off" Mumm-ra and his generals and gaining control of Mumm-ra's army. That will happen in EP 52 So The NS story will end with Cheetara's "Evil Laugh"

Two things I notice in 14. Cheetara said they need to keep the pressure on the armies. Then she sided with tygra, and lion-o used her exact words on her. They need to keep the pressure on.

Of course the stick together part.

Lion-o was throwing her own words back on her. She was contradicting herself.

Tygra looks pissed at lion-o during this too. They are going to fight again.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:31 PM   #237
cmangund
Quote:

Two things I notice in 14. Cheetara said they need to keep the pressure on the armies. Then she sided with tygra, and lion-o used her exact words on her. They need to keep the pressure on.

Lion-O was doing the right thing, no doubt about that.

Only Lion-O have to die first in the next episode so the fight will have to wait.
Later after Pumyra being introduced, then the crazy love drama stunts will get crazier. Pumyra being betrothed to Tygra like you said, so it begins...

Old 03-27-2012, 06:35 PM   #238
L08e16o
Quote:
Lion-O was doing the right thing, no doubt about that.

Only Lion-O have to die first in the next episode so the fight will have to wait.
Later after Pumyra being introduced, then the crazy love drama stunts will get crazier. Pumyra being betrothed to Tygra like you said, so it begins...

The first thing lion-o learns sense of smell, so tygra won't be able to use his invisible on him.

Like I said, P/T is my second favorite romance.

Last edited by L08e16o; 03-27-2012 at 06:43 PM..
Old 03-27-2012, 06:53 PM   #239
cmangund
Quote:
Every time tygra looks at lion-o in that last part, he looks pissed at him. When Panthro said we need to stick together, they all looked pissed.

The first thing lion-o learns sense of smell, so tygra won't be able to use his invisible on him.

Like I said, P/T is my second favorite romance.
The team is in a "bad shape" because of T/C.

Lion-O just leveled up his skill, Tygra and Cheetara you better watch out!

It should be L/C and T/P. Instead we got this drama mess.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:02 PM   #240
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
The team is in a "bad shape" because of T/C.

Lion-O just leveled up his skill, Tygra and Cheetara you better watch out!

It should be L/C and T/P. Instead we got this drama mess.

Old 03-27-2012, 08:06 PM   #241
stormbringer
Quote:

Old 03-27-2012, 08:13 PM   #242
stormbringer
Quote:

Maybe Lion-o needs to embrace his inner Claudus, and banish Cheetara (and probably Tygra who will definately turn on him when he does), for the sake of the mission. Cheetara has proven Lion-o can't trust her on any level, and his relationship with Tygra is only going to deteriorate even more with "Lady Macbeth" pulling the strings.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:11 PM   #243
Mako Crab
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Today was just further proof that I can't trust Cheetara on any level. First she leads ME on, and now she is totally insubordinate in the battle, and nearly got all 3 of US killed. Jaga must have been senile, to trust her to protect ME.
Dude, you act like you were personally betrayed by a cartoon character. Settle the hell down.

Last edited by Mako Crab; 03-27-2012 at 10:24 PM..
Mako Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:25 PM   #244
stormbringer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako Crab View Post
Dude,I'm a disgruntled Cheetara fan and I thought you were acting like you were personally betrayed by a cartoon character. I need to settle the hell down.
I agree with you!

Last edited by stormbringer; 03-28-2012 at 12:50 AM..
Old 03-28-2012, 12:56 AM   #245
Mako Crab
Thunder Kitty
Oh so funny!

And my point still stands.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:58 AM   #246
stormbringer
Quote:
Oh so funny!

And my point still stands.
Thank you! And everyone is entitled to their opinions.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:10 AM   #247
Mako Crab
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Thank you! And everyone is entitled to their opinions.
Yeah. But the only opinions you've been offering lately all revolve around whether you'd merely banish Cheetara or have her killed outright.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:19 AM   #248
stormbringer
Quote:
Yeah. But the only opinions you've been offering lately all revolve around whether you'd merely banish Cheetara or have her killed outright.
Okay, since you're clearly taking this show just as seriously yourself, I will state why I feel the way I do. Cheetara created the entire mess, she led Lion-o on ( and she did lead him on as even Tygra thought she was into Lion-o), and she nearly got Lion-o , Tygra and herself killed, by surrendering right in the middle of a battle. It's merely common sense for Cheetara not to be trusted by Lion-o, I'm not changing my opinion anymore than you're changing yours.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:47 AM   #249
Mako Crab
Thunder Kitty
No, dude. I'm not taking this show as seriously as you are. Nowhere near as seriously. To me, it's just a fun action/adventure cartoon. I watch it. I enjoy it. And that's pretty much it. I don't look too deeply into it.

But you- you've been seething over this whole love triangle since season 1 ended. I don't care what your reasons are why you hate Cheetara so much. But seriously, it's annoying to see you and 2 or 3 other guys overrun threads with your constant, obsessive bitching about how Cheetara or Jelenic ruined the show forever.

You want to hate Cheetara? Good for you. Have fun. I won't try to change your mind. But please, find something else to talk about.

And one thing that occurred to me. So maybe Cheetara was sending some mixed signals. MAYBE. Maybe she was flirting with Lino-O a little. MAYBE. But did he ever act on it? Did he ever show interest or flirt back? Did he ever say anything about how he felt? No? Well, how's a girl supposed to know then!? Seems to me like it's Lion-O's fault.

That's right! I'm spinning it around! If Lion-O's upset that he didn't get the girl, then he has only himself to blame!
Old 03-28-2012, 01:58 AM   #250
stormbringer
Quote:
No, dude. I'm not taking this show as seriously as you are. Nowhere near as seriously. To me, it's just a fun action/adventure cartoon. I watch it. I enjoy it. And that's pretty much it. I don't look too deeply into it.

But you- you've been seething over this whole love triangle since season 1 ended. I don't care what your reasons are why you hate Cheetara so much. But seriously, it's annoying to see you and 2 or 3 other guys overrun threads with your constant, obsessive bitching about how Cheetara or Jelenic ruined the show forever.

You want to hate Cheetara? Good for you. Have fun. I won't try to change your mind. But please, find something else to talk about.

And one thing that occurred to me. So maybe Cheetara was sending some mixed signals. MAYBE. Maybe she was flirting with Lino-O a little. MAYBE. But did he ever act on it? Did he ever show interest or flirt back? Did he ever say anything about how he felt? No? Well, how's a girl supposed to know then!? Seems to me like it's Lion-O's fault.

That's right! I'm spinning it around! If Lion-O's upset that he didn't get the girl, then he has only himself to blame!
Actually in this thread since the last episode aired, it seems like most of the posters aren't happy with Cheetara. And you are taking it seriously, otherwise you wouldn't be telling me about how unhappy you are. But, getting back to the show itself, Cheetara would have to be incredibly naive not know she was leading Lion-o on, but Saturdays episode with her nearly getting the 3 of them killed, proved that Lion-o can't trust her even to do her job. If it wasn't for Panthro's arrival, her idiotic decision would have meant certain death.