TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2011, 02:35 PM   #1
Pinero
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 77
With new people coming on asking questions already discussed on the board, I thought maybe a FAQ thread would be helpful?

Q: Is Thundera still another planet?
A: No, Thundera is now a Kingdom on Third Earth.

Q: How can Tygra be Lion-O's brother and if he's older, why isn't he Lord of the ThunderCats?
A: Tygra is adopted and because he is not of the royal bloodline, he can not be Lord of the ThunderCats.

Q: Why do the ThunderKittens have tails?
A: In this new series, Thunderians with tails are considered to be lower class.

Q: Can Snarf still speak?
A: No, he only makes cat-like sounds now and is considered Lion-O's pet rather than a nursemaid.

Q: Will any of the ThunderCats from the original series not appear in this new series?
A: All ThunderCats from the original series will appear in the new one, including Lynx-O, Bengali, and Pumyra. No word on Snarfer.

Q: There hasn't been any sign of the Mutants besides Slithe. Will any of the others appear?
A: Yes. The creators have said the others will show up.

Q: Will the Berbils be in this new series?
A: Yes.

Q: Will Lion-O and company build a Cats Lair fortress?
A: No, word is that they will find refuge in the Tower of Omens. The Cats Lair is seen in the city in the Kingdom of Thundera where Lion-O was raised.

Q: Who are the voice actors for the new ThunderCats series?
A: Will Friedle - Lion-O
Satomi Kohrogi - Snarf
Emmanuelle Chriqui - Cheetara
Larry Kenney - Claudus
Corey Burton - Jaga
Matthew Mercer - Tygra
Eamon Pirruccello - WilyKat
Madeleine Hall - WilyKit
Clancy Brown - Grune
Dee Bradley Baker - Slithe
Kevin Michael Richardson - Panthro
Robin Atkin Downes - Mumm-Ra


Q: How many episodes will there be in the first season?
A: 26


Q: How many seasons will there be?
A: 2


Q: Are any of the voice actors from the original series in this new series?
A: Yes. Larry Kenney was the voice of Lion-O in the original series. He is the voice of Lion-O's father Claudus in the new series.

Q: How old are the ThunderCats?
A: Lion-O=17
Tygra=19/20
Cheetara=19
Kit/Kat=8


I'll edit this if other questions come up.
Pinero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 02:37 PM   #2
Pinero
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 77
My only upset is there will only be 52 episodes all together, awhh! this is too short of a series
Pinero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 03:54 PM   #3
Joe Moore
Administrator
Joe Moore's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,655
Moved. This is not news.
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 06:55 PM   #4
GK Punk
Your Straight Edge Savior
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: California
Posts: 232
That and this is copy and pasted directly from a thread CodeOfThundera Started on ThunderCat's lair with out any proper credit given.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 07:00 PM   #5
Pinero
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by GK Punk View Post
That and this is copy and pasted directly from a thread CodeOfThundera Started on ThunderCat's lair with out any proper credit given.
if imma give cred might as well get it from the direct source..
Thundercats Reboot Premieres; Watch Interview With Voice Cast | SciFi Mafia

I didnt give cred to another board because I know some forums dont allow it, but to make you happy I just gave you the direct source link.
Pinero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 07:07 PM   #6
GK Punk
Your Straight Edge Savior
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: California
Posts: 232
You copy and pasted all that text from CodeOfThundera's post. You could at least credit her for writing what you copied.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 07:52 PM   #7
Pinero
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by GK Punk View Post
You copy and pasted all that text from CodeOfThundera's post. You could at least credit her for writing what you copied.
well who ever i got it from, i copied n pasted off a F & Q post, not her sorry.
Pinero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:35 PM   #8
GK Punk
Your Straight Edge Savior
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: California
Posts: 232
Okay, show where you copied this from that wasn't her then. She's been updating the FAQ For a little while now and you have even her edits in there.

ThunderCats 2011 FAQ - ThunderCats Lair Message Boards/Forums
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:37 PM   #9
Pinero
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 77
Alrighty Im not going back and fourth, anybody offended ok then my apology next time I give cred, but like I said I come from forum boards where you are not allowed to link any other forum or you will be banned
Pinero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:46 PM   #10
GK Punk
Your Straight Edge Savior
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: California
Posts: 232
Giving credit is all that's asked. As someone who has contributed to the Thundercats community, I've seen my stuff word for word pop up other places with out credit and it's really not cool to do that. (Not saying you personally have taken anything from me.)

As long as you credit people, when you report info it's cool to copy it like this because at least the person that spent time writing it gets their due.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:59 PM   #11
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Third Earth
Posts: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinero View Post
My only upset is there will only be 52 episodes all together, awhh! this is too short of a series
From what I've read in some of the past interviews, they've only planned out two seasons, but by no means have they said there will only be two. I imagine their taking a wait-and-see approach, and if things go well they'll probably start work on more.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 11:48 PM   #12
Pinero
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 77
they relating a little bit to the OS, on the OS episode call "Return to Thundera" slithe using technology against the Katz.. it just dont fit right with me if they end it in no way connected to the OS, if not they basically ruined a classic with a twisted story line from the OS in which I dont agree with
Pinero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 11:51 PM   #13
Pinero
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 77
also what will make the new series better is if they stick to a story line, because the OS is just episode after each with no story connected, so if anything the new series will have the ups on that if they keep it up
Pinero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 12:02 AM   #14
Pinero
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 77
the OS episode return to thundera, when liono space traveled in the past and tried to enter the thundera palace, other thundercats security uses technology weapons against him.. so they really screwed up already so i wouldnt be surprise if mumm-ra kill Jaga instead of him dying to sacrafice his life on exodus..
and you cannot say, well in the OS maybe he traveled back into time where tcats was using technology, no becuase the security at the gate still says liono is a child
Pinero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:19 AM   #15
Tony_Bacala
Cornelius Tunar FTW
Tony_Bacala's Items on Ebay
Tony_Bacala's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinero View Post
they relating a little bit to the OS, on the OS episode call "Return to Thundera" slithe using technology against the Katz.. it just dont fit right with me if they end it in no way connected to the OS, if not they basically ruined a classic with a twisted story line from the OS in which I dont agree with
I am pretty sure this is an all new continuity, with re-imagining of core elements from the original. Not officially connected. However, stranger things have happened.
Tony_Bacala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 01:37 PM   #16
NinSage
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 22
hi all. I'm new here!

I was a big fan of the "OS" back in the 80s and now I'm crazy about the new show.

I joined the forum specifically to ask about Tygra being both not lion-y and not next in line for the throne if he is older. Looks like this thread has answered my question with the fact that he is adopted.

If I'm not mistaken, we haven't seen anything in the episodes themselves that says this, right? In other words, they will probably reveal that backstory in a future, flash-back drenched, episode, right? For now, we are still probably supposed to be confused about all that, no?

Thanks in advance!
NinSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 01:43 PM   #17
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Third Earth
Posts: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinSage View Post
hi all. I'm new here!

I was a big fan of the "OS" back in the 80s and now I'm crazy about the new show.

I joined the forum specifically to ask about Tygra being both not lion-y and not next in line for the throne if he is older. Looks like this thread has answered my question with the fact that he is adopted.

If I'm not mistaken, we haven't seen anything in the episodes themselves that says this, right? In other words, they will probably reveal that backstory in a future, flash-back drenched, episode, right? For now, we are still probably supposed to be confused about all that, no?

Thanks in advance!
In the premiere, Grune made a comment about the bloodline, which makes it obvious that Tygra was adopted, but in a more subtle way. Though I do hope they delve into it in a future episode. Would be interesting to find out the reason Claudus adopted him. Would also be a chance to introduce Lion-O's mother, and reveal whatever happened to her.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 02:33 PM   #18
NinSage
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
In the premiere, Grune made a comment about the bloodline, which makes it obvious that Tygra was adopted, but in a more subtle way.
Ah, cool. I'll have to go back and look for that sometime...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
Though I do hope they delve into it in a future episode. Would be interesting to find out the reason Claudus adopted him.
Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
Would also be a chance to introduce Lion-O's mother, and reveal whatever happened to her.
Yup!

Thanks for the info, friend!
NinSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 03:07 PM   #19
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Third Earth
Posts: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinSage View Post
Thanks for the info, friend!
No problem. I know what it's like to be new on a forum like this. Oh, and welcome to the boards.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 03:23 PM   #20
Valdin
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 33
52 episodes? Really? Where did you see this? I thought I saw something that stated they had a 200 episode story arc worked out. I hope it lasts more than 2 seasons. You never know though since it is on cartoon network. Clone wars is going on to its 4th season. Hopefully thundercats is doing well in the ratings and goes quite a while.
Valdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 03:25 PM   #21
Sideswipe80
Thunder Kitty
Sideswipe80's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdin View Post
52 episodes? Really? Where did you see this? I thought I saw something that stated they had a 200 episode story arc worked out. I hope it lasts more than 2 seasons. You never know though since it is on cartoon network. Clone wars is going on to its 4th season. Hopefully thundercats is doing well in the ratings and goes quite a while.
I'd love this show to go 200. The original almost hit 200 if I remember correctly. Can't wait to see Pumyra, Bengali and Lynx-O again. I do hope we get the Lunataks and Berserkers.
Sideswipe80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 04:03 PM   #22
User897
Ancient Spirit of Evil
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 93
I'm not going to believe the episode count is going to be ALL of the episodes until I read it on WB's page. However, these days it is smart for the production company and licensees to be cautious. Want more cartoon and merchandise? Keep watching, buying, and stay involved. That's what I plan on doing.
User897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 05:02 PM   #23
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdin View Post
52 episodes? Really? Where did you see this? I thought I saw something that stated they had a 200 episode story arc worked out. I hope it lasts more than 2 seasons. You never know though since it is on cartoon network. Clone wars is going on to its 4th season. Hopefully thundercats is doing well in the ratings and goes quite a while.
No way they have 200 episodes planned out already. Most shows can't even hope to get 200 episodes much less pay to have the story worked out that far before the show even airs.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:09 PM   #24
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Third Earth
Posts: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by User897 View Post
Want more cartoon and merchandise? Keep watching, buying, and stay involved. That's what I plan on doing.
This. The more of us fans that keep involved with all things Thundercats, the better chance the show and toy line have at continuing for the foreseeable future.

From what I've read, they've got twenty-six episodes planned-out, and already have the overall story arch they want the show to have laid out. Though it's impossible to say how many episodes that story arc will inevitably result in. Personally I hope it lasts as long as it can.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 10:36 PM   #25
NinSage
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 22
I think 3-4 seasons would be perfect.

Even though I enjoy being able to watch a show "indefinitely," I find it's much more important that said show maintain its quality 'til the end.

Remember...
you can watch a great 3 or 4 season show as many times as you want and probably will notice new things each time. But a show with 4 good seasons and 2 awful seasons will leave a bitter taste in the end.

I can't wait to see what a new Bengali will look/be like. Not sure what it is about those tigers but Tygra and Bengali have always been my favorites!

QUESTION: Tygra needs/uses his whip to turn invisible right?

A) In the "Old Friends" episode I know he goes invisible at some point but I don't remember seeing him bust out the whip when he did. Can't anyone confirm/deny this?

B) Is it the whip that is special or Tygra? In other words, if Panthro used the whip would he turn invisible? Could Tygra use something else to turn invisible?

Thoughts? ^_^
NinSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:01 PM   #26
User897
Ancient Spirit of Evil
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 93
I examined the scene frame by frame in HD, and it appears that Tygra's whip is not out at all. He used his fists and didn't appear to grab anything from his utility belt. His right hand definitely had nothing in it when he reappeared, but it can't be certain that there was nothing in his left hand, since it was out of frame.
User897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:39 AM   #27
NinSage
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by User897 View Post
I examined the scene frame by frame in HD, and it appears that Tygra's whip is not out at all. He used his fists and didn't appear to grab anything from his utility belt. His right hand definitely had nothing in it when he reappeared, but it can't be certain that there was nothing in his left hand, since it was out of frame.
hmmmm, very interesting. it would be pretty cool if that was just his "power" this time around. kind of like Cheetara's speed.

although, is it just me or has Cheetara's speed been taken down a notch in the new show? nothing wrong with that... just seems more like the relative speed of a cheetah more than a "super power."

thoughts?
NinSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:04 PM   #28
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Salem, Oregon
Posts: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideswipe80 View Post
I'd love this show to go 200. The original almost hit 200 if I remember correctly. Can't wait to see Pumyra, Bengali and Lynx-O again. I do hope we get the Lunataks and Berserkers.
There were 130 episodes in the original series. I think somewhere between 100 and 200 would be awesome for this new run
englishw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:56 AM   #29
Thundercats drawingz
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3
Will there be any other thundercat related stuff after the sires is done like a thundercats 2.0 where its all of their children sort of like young justice
Thundercats drawingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First page of new TC cartoon series script LiarDice Films Thundercats News and Rumors 5 08-27-2011 02:28 AM
Thundercats: Fan Imagining LIVE Action Web Series Casting TCProducer Thundercats News and Rumors 5 05-09-2011 01:45 PM
Thundercats Original Series Pilot Episode Intro NIBMRatchet Thundercats Cartoons 3 05-04-2011 11:49 AM
Tron: Uprising Animted Series Teaser Joe Moore General Discussion 3 04-20-2011 05:40 AM

 

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS