TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

Old 09-04-2011, 03:03 PM   #1
Autotrooper
Banned
Have we heard or do we know that we'll be getting more classic figures? Someone told me that a 6 inch Wilytwin 2-pack is planned?
Autotrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:18 PM   #2
Ribieconvoy
Thunder Kitty
Apparently the Wily kids are being released in the modern 6 inch scale as a two pack, as heard in an interview in the news section here.
Ribieconvoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:47 PM   #3
Autotrooper
Banned
Yes, that rocks!!
Old 09-05-2011, 09:55 PM   #4
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
The 8" classics are definitely continuing, but no specific figures have been confirmed yet. Though considering they said we should have the main team completed by the end of next year, and that there are four figures coming out each year (starting next year of course), it's safe to assume that two of next year's figures will be Wilykat and Wilykit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribieconvoy View Post
Apparently the Wily kids are being released in the modern 6 inch scale as a two pack, as heard in an interview in the news section here.
True, but as you said, those will be the modern designs, not the classic ones, and at the 6", rather than the 8" scale that all of the classic figures will be at.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 11:40 PM   #5
Monkian
Thunder Monkey
4 a year, huh? Definitely Panthro, Cheetarah and the Twins are the most obvious choices. That being said, it'll be interesting to see if that theory pans out. I'm crossing my fingers for a Thunder Tank!
Monkian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:43 AM   #6
Autotrooper
Banned
I hope they have more articulation than the 4 inch ones, even some poseable tails!
Old 09-06-2011, 07:23 AM   #7
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
The 8" classics are definitely continuing, but no specific figures have been confirmed yet. Though considering they said we should have the main team completed by the end of next year, and that there are four figures coming out each year (starting next year of course), it's safe to assume that two of next year's figures will be Wilykat and Wilykit.

True, but as you said, those will be the modern designs, not the classic ones, and at the 6", rather than the 8" scale that all of the classic figures will be at.
I thought it was 2 per quarter...
IndyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:28 AM   #8
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyCat View Post
I thought it was 2 per quarter...
Plans have apparently changed. the 8-a-year bit of info was given out at Toy Fair, while the 4-a-year information was given at SDCC. While it sucks that they've cut the amount of figures per year in half, for what the classics line is, it makes sense. That and they're apparently going to be expanding it into "other categories", so that should hopefully help supplement the fewer number of figures we'll be getting each year.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:43 PM   #9
poisoncow
Thunder Kitty
4 a year huh? damn, now I'll have to wait about 5 years to get Lynx-o,Bengali and Pumyra. (Assuming we'll get both Mumm-ra's, the Mutants and maybe Grune 1st, and some retool/paints)
poisoncow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:46 PM   #10
Autotrooper
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by poisoncow View Post
4 a year huh? damn, now I'll have to wait about 5 years to get Lynx-o,Bengali and Pumyra. (Assuming we'll get both Mumm-ra's, the Mutants and maybe Grune 1st, and some retool/paints)
Are you talking about modern or classics?
Old 09-06-2011, 08:31 PM   #11
poisoncow
Thunder Kitty
Classics
poisoncow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 12:21 AM   #12
Monkian
Thunder Monkey
Watch, they're going to pull a SDCC exclusive on us. I'm stoked about the classics though. No matter what they give us per year, does it really matter? I think that Thundercats are here to stay for a while.
Monkian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:00 AM   #13
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkian View Post
Watch, they're going to pull a SDCC exclusive on us.
SDCC exclusives are inevitable. I just hope they keep them to just repaints that might not fly at mass retail.

Quote:
No matter what they give us per year, does it really matter?
Assuming the line continues to sell well in the eyes of Bandai and major retailers for several years to come, than it doesn't really matter.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:24 AM   #14
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Watch, they're going to pull a SDCC exclusive on us. I'm stoked about the classics though. No matter what they give us per year, does it really matter? I think that Thundercats are here to stay for a while.
of course they are going to do an SDCC limited version. Thats a no brainer. Afterall, they made the SDCC version of Lion-O.

I hope its not a repaint but an exclusive figure.
IndyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 12:29 PM   #15
PANTHRO HOOO
Thunderian Commoner
Dear Bandai,

Give me a 24" Panthro......OR ELSE.....

Yours Truly,
PANTHRO HOOO
PANTHRO HOOO is offline   Reply With Quote