TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 12-05-2011, 04:38 PM   #301
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowdheart View Post
I'd really like everyone to go into the book and for Jaga to call Cheetara out while everyone else is learning about Thunderian History. I think he'd be ashamed of how she acted. And i don't think it's about her being shy. If a girl is shy she isn't going to be all over another guy and "flirting" with him if she chose someone else years ago.
Agree, she has devoted herself to tygra. She would never risk hurting him.

I hope they don't bring in another love interest for lion-o. If another female comes in, I hope it is Tygra's betrothed. That would make a mess.

Hasn't she learned patience.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:41 PM   #302
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
I hate the writers how they made the last two episodes!!
They had a new writer do the last two.
hollowdheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:45 PM   #303
L08e16o
Quote:
I think that would break the rest of the fandom apart. And Cheetara's earlier actions with Lion-o make me question Panthera. The only difference in their behavior is Panthera not being so up close with Leo.
See I thought was how cheetara's relationship was going to end with lion-o.

She has done everything Panthera has done.

Last edited by L08e16o; 12-05-2011 at 05:00 PM..
Old 12-05-2011, 04:46 PM   #304
stormbringer
All I can say is that the new writer has done serious damage to Cheetaras character. She now comes across as shady and manipulative, and I doubt that no matter what happens in the future,a lot of viewers will never see her the same way again.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:49 PM   #305
L08e16o
Quote:
I'd be surprised if he would want a relationship after this. He would probably think no one loves him and just wants to use him for other purposes. It certainly seems like that to me.
I so agree with you. As of now, we know no one supported Lion-o except cheetara.

That is a lot to handle. He has lost everything.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:51 PM   #306
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pand3mix View Post
I believe wilykat also left the thundercats in OS series show as well to come back and learn his sister had found someone..it was after the thundercats found a new home I think. The second to last season. I could be mistaken though. Been awhile.
Thanks.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:53 PM   #307
L08e16o
Quote:
How did Tygra not get the girl? She made out with him and pretty much said she had wanted to be with him since they were 12.
Maybe that was a long awaited Thank you? I am hoping.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:55 PM   #308
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
The OS ended and wilykat was still like 12 he never left the thundercats. Tygra and pumyra stayed on earth while everyone left to go back to thundera. In the comics wilykat left the thundercats when he betrayed them and came back many years later to fight the dogs
Why couldn't they go the same route with tygra and pumyra.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:59 PM   #309
L08e16o
Quote:
The crew said that the sword's forgers were Cougars, i believe. Not Cheetah's. And her eyes glowed because she was loyal to him completely, as in the OS.
If she is completely loyal to Lion-o then how can she excuse her kiss to tygra.

She went behind Lion-o's back. Maybe she did it to help ease the tension.

I would think she would tell lion-o first.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:02 PM   #310
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
All I can say is that the new writer has done serious damage to Cheetaras character. She now comes across as shady and manipulative, and I doubt that no matter what happens in the future,a lot of viewers will never see her the same way again.
These last episodes are making me want to drop the show.

It is hard because I grew up watching the OS.

There has to be more to it. Maybe we are not seeing the whole picture? Maybe she chose Lion-o long time ago. I can only hope.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:05 PM   #311
stormbringer
At this point there very close to making Cheetara look like a villain. Maybe they'll reveal she's been possessed by Mumm-ra.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:06 PM   #312
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
You're actually the first person to say this. I agree completly.
Quote:
She I thought was how cheetara's relationship was going to end with lion-o.

She has done everything Panthera has done.
Yeah, i rewatched Legacy and i noticed it even more. I wonder if they'll ever have a female who is able to convey things normally with the person they are interested in without looking bad?
Old 12-05-2011, 05:11 PM   #313
stormbringer
I hope they do a better job with Pumyra. I'm about ready to give up on Cheetara, the only reason I haven't yet is because of my love for the OS version.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:16 PM   #314
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
A "new' writer cant just make stuff up and send it through. The big wigs still have to approve the script before its sent out.

How is she shady and manipulative ? Who is she manipulating and for what reason?

What does her loyalty to Lion-O have to do with her having feelings for Tygra? Lion-O is her King and she is pretty much his adviser and body guard. She isn't going anywhere.

Between Brothers
proves that while Tygra doubts his brother, he does care about him. He would never betray Lion-O.

No one thought it was strange that Panthara was a panther? Why not a Cheetah ?

Tygus and Leo were a tiger and lion respectively.

OS Tygra and Pumyra were left on opposite sides of the world, or so Ive been told. They didn't stay together as much as they just both chose to stay.
Chique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 05:16 PM   #315
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
I hope they do a better job with Pumyra. I'm about ready to give up on Cheetara, the only reason I haven't yet is because of my love for the OS version.
If they do have Pumyra, i don't want her to love Lion-o (and vice versa) for superficial reasons and for it to be developed. Thinking of giving away my NS DVD and buying the OS DVD sets. Those characters weren't run into the ground by writers.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:23 PM   #316
stormbringer
I think pumyra should be from a group of cats that split off from the others long ago and she's keeper of a stone of power.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:01 PM   #317
Pand3mix
Thunder Kitty
Where does it say that the last two episode were written by a new writer? it would make since though, especially if they were crunching for a deadline.

And thank you big Snarf for the correction
Pand3mix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:10 PM   #318
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Where does it say that the last two episode were written by a new writer? it would make since though, especially if they were crunching for a deadline.

And thank you big Snarf for the correction
The wiki has the writers name as Paul Giacoppo. I think the crew has confirmed it. I think they might have been, but they did say they had already started on the second part of Season 1.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:13 PM   #319
Pand3mix
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
A "new' writer cant just make stuff up and send it through. The big wigs still have to approve the script before its sent out.

How is she shady and manipulative ? Who is she manipulating and for what reason?

What does her loyalty to Lion-O have to do with her having feelings for Tygra? Lion-O is her King and she is pretty much his adviser and body guard. She isn't going anywhere.

Between Brothers
proves that while Tygra doubts his brother, he does care about him. He would never betray Lion-O.

No one thought it was strange that Panthara was a panther? Why not a Cheetah ?

Tygus and Leo were a tiger and lion respectively.

OS Tygra and Pumyra were left on opposite sides of the world, or so Ive been told. They didn't stay together as much as they just both chose to stay.

Who knows why she would manipulate the boys, its her actions that can be read as manipulative which is why she looks shady. People have constantly explained why the thought it felt shady and manipulative.

The elephants predicted lion-o would feel betrayed by his brother so let's assume he will feel it. And grune was good friends with panthro and even saved his life, he could've left him to the spider. But his desires were to great and ended up.betraying thundera and panthro in essence.

If she was so loyal, then why did she go behind his back and crush him. We cant pretend that she didn't realize a fraction of Leo feeling for her. Even then if her feelings are true, there is a better time for romance, like after the kingdom was rebuilt.

Well her name was panthera.... But if it is reincarnation maybe she decided being a cheetah this time around suited her. Or maybe it is only ment for Leo and tygus to have any resemblence to the current cast. We don't see panthro, or anyone else. Just those.two.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:16 PM   #320
Pand3mix
Thunder Kitty
Thanks hollow. Wouldn't the have started working on it after the first part of the season already aired?
Old 12-05-2011, 06:39 PM   #321
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
The crew said that the sword's forgers were Cougars, i believe. Not Cheetah's. And her eyes glowed because she was loyal to him completely, as in the OS.
Oh i thought they were cougars but didn't know for sure but anyway the female one looks a lot like the OS cheetara to me.But even though they are cougars doesn't mean she can't be a descendant of them, as claudus may be a descendant of short leo and giant panthera. All their eyes are supposed to glow maybe pathro eye may glow next seeing how he gave his arms for the mission. Also the sword forgers used a hammer maybe it is the hammer bengali would have if he is in this series. MAYBE!!!
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:04 PM   #322
Pand3mix
Thunder Kitty
Oh all the possibilities is endless. so would that mean they have mixed blood lines with other cats.... I hope they have a ligar character. epicness
Old 12-05-2011, 07:19 PM   #323
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
If she is completely loyal to Lion-o then how can she excuse her kiss to tygra.

She went behind Lion-o's back. Maybe she did it to help ease the tension.

I would think she would tell lion-o first.
It would've made more sense if she did tell lion-o first. I mean when lion-o is saying "same reason she is gonna choose me" who in the thunder tank didn't hear him say that. I was waiting to see panthro to say will you two shut up. To me she just elevated the tension. She can be loyal to lion-o and be with tygra but in being loyal to lion-o she will have to interact with him a lot even though it won't be like it was before i don't think tygra would want that. So whats it going to be for cheetara duty and sacrifice "like panthro" or romance. Either way the writers have got some explaining to do. The shown has gone down a lot since the first 8 episode to me
Old 12-05-2011, 07:29 PM   #324
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Oh all the possibilities is endless. so would that mean they have mixed blood lines with other cats.... I hope they have a ligar character. epicness
Ha ha i know right. well if cheetara and tygra are together like "the non canon comic" blood lines would be mixed as they did have twins. In the OS aside from the thundercats it was hard to tell what kind of cats the other thunderians were torr and his family looked like lions but he had spots. As for the ligar it would be cool if they made bengali like that
Old 12-05-2011, 07:44 PM   #325
stormbringer
They never even said what cat the thunderkittens were did they?
Old 12-05-2011, 07:50 PM   #326
Pand3mix
Thunder Kitty
They are wildcats. In the OS anyways that's what they say they are, I don't know what a wildcat is though....

They had kids too, wow that is a lot to take in. It would be awesome if they explored that aspect even if it was just a little.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:05 PM   #327
stormbringer
I wonder how much time they'll let pass in the NS series?
Old 12-05-2011, 08:11 PM   #328
Pand3mix
Thunder Kitty
What do u mean?
Old 12-05-2011, 08:15 PM   #329
stormbringer
I wonder if we'll get to see some of the cats have kids like in the comics.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:23 PM   #330
Pand3mix
Thunder Kitty
Maybe as a finale for the entire series, but I kind of doubt it. But who knows, I just wouldn't want anything to take away from the series right now.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:33 PM   #331
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
They are wildcats. In the OS anyways that's what they say they are, I don't know what a wildcat is though....

They had kids too, wow that is a lot to take in. It would be awesome if they explored that aspect even if it was just a little.
I just remember the way tygra and cheetara meet as kids in this series is almost how wilykit met her boyfriend in the comics. They were much older in the comics at that time when they had kids as wilykit was an adult even snarf was old and wore glasses.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:41 PM   #332
Pand3mix
Thunder Kitty
So I guess we can assume they are using the book for ideas but not actually following it?
Old 12-05-2011, 08:45 PM   #333
stormbringer
In the comics, Wilycat betrayed the others. I wonder if we'll get a traitor (other than Grune)?
Old 12-05-2011, 08:55 PM   #334
Pand3mix
Thunder Kitty
If so, I think Tygra....

Anyways, would the NS be considered non Canon in comparison of the OS?
Old 12-05-2011, 08:58 PM   #335
stormbringer
Guess it comes down to personal preference. With Transformers a lot of fans only accept the original G1 Transformers as being important Canon.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:43 PM   #336
Pand3mix
Thunder Kitty
I just wonder cause with marvel and dc, they have many universe where different things have happened to heroes and villains. That is a good point. I've always wondered about the female robots since they discuss so many ways of reproducing... And female robots I don't believe was one of them in the OS. Hmm.

So do u think thundercats is Canon or non?
Old 12-05-2011, 09:51 PM   #337
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
I just wonder cause with marvel and dc, they have many universe where different things have happened to heroes and villains. That is a good point. I've always wondered about the female robots since they discuss so many ways of reproducing... And female robots I don't believe was one of them in the OS. Hmm.

So do u think thundercats is Canon or non?
I don't think the reboot should be considered canon until they can develop everyone equally. And they stop throwing things in there that weren't mentioned in the other episodes, like how two characters know each other and stuff.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:07 PM   #338
stormbringer
The show hasn't lasted long enough for me to get as attached to it yet , so right now I'd say no its not Canon to me.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:07 PM   #339
Pand3mix
Thunder Kitty
True, maybe its just my impatience speaking.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:09 PM   #340
Pand3mix
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
The show hasn't lasted long enough for me to get as attached to it yet , so right now I'd say no its not Canon to me.
That is kind of where I'm leaning towards. I haven't settled in it, but if it keeps going the way it has... :l
Old 12-05-2011, 10:15 PM   #341
stormbringer
Yeah, if they pull another Tygra/Cheetara like move I'll probably throw in the towel, and wait for the next reboot.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:16 PM   #342
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
The only problem i have is the writing the last two episodes had. It was atrocious. But if they did another reboot i'd like it to be good with the romance. And not make Tygra out to be right all the time. Remember his line: "In everything but the crown, you'll always be second place (compared to me)" and that turned out true in every aspect.

Last edited by hollowdheart; 12-05-2011 at 10:18 PM..
Old 12-05-2011, 10:33 PM   #343
Pand3mix
Thunder Kitty
True that. What the current writer has shown us so far, I'm not exactly having positive thoughts for the future of the show. I wonder if not thundercats what show they'll try to reboot next. I don't care much for the new G.I Joes...its alright...
Old 12-05-2011, 11:04 PM   #344
stormbringer
I was enjoying the series till that last scene. Knocked the show down a few points for me.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:55 PM   #345
THoHo
Thunder Kitty
Wow, I guess a lot of people were turned off by the last 2 episodes. Do you think the producers/writers read these posts? I'd be interested in knowing if they change anything in the storyline due to the negativity. If they changed it so Cheetara the hooooo really was mumra, that would be entertaining as hell.
THoHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:01 AM   #346
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by THoHo View Post
Wow, I guess a lot of people were turned off by the last 2 episodes. Do you think the producers/writers read these posts? I'd be interested in knowing if they change anything in the storyline due to the negativity. If they changed it so Cheetara the hooooo really was mumra, that would be entertaining as hell.
I think they read the posts on Tumblr and TCL. Not sure about here.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:25 AM   #347
stormbringer
If they read post on tcl, then they definately won't change anything. Tygra/Cheetara pairing is worshiped on there.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:32 AM   #348
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
If they read post on tcl, then they definately won't change anything. Tygra/Cheetara pairing is worshiped on there.
Yeah, anytime someone tries to mention something they don't like it turns into a mess.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:33 AM   #349
Pand3mix
Thunder Kitty
So I wasn't the only one who noticed that... Some of the posts were scary for those who wanted lion-o and cheetara
Old 12-06-2011, 12:41 AM   #350
stormbringer
On this site its safe to say things like Mumm-ra is disguised as Cheetara, but on tcl....