TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2011, 12:48 AM   #351
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
I was on TCL for like a week or so before they pretty much made me leave with how they were acting. And now they're making jokes about how happier Tygra will be once he sleeps with Cheetara. :/ It's not funny.
hollowdheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:57 AM   #352
stormbringer
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
I joined both this site, and tcl shortly after the last episode. I learned quickly that this site was a lot easier to express opinions about Tygra/Cheetara.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:58 AM   #353
Pand3mix
Thunder Kitty
They bring out the metaphorical pitchfork and torch. O-o
Pand3mix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:00 AM   #354
Pand3mix
Thunder Kitty
Really, I thought about joining. But after I read 1000 pages of Tygra and cheetara, and how there were people being attacked for expressing their views on the whole thing. I went f that.
Pand3mix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:08 AM   #355
stormbringer
Yeah, I mostly just stay on threads discussing season 2 character/ plot ideas. I don't talk much about the triangle.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:56 AM   #356
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
If they read post on tcl, then they definitely won't change anything. Tygra/Cheetara pairing is worshiped on there.
I don't think the writers forget the Lion-O/Cheetara fans, on Facebook ThunderCats | Facebook there are lots of complain of the whole Cheetara/Tygra thing. Even Writers write comments there criticizing the OOC for cheetara to be like that. The Thundercats crew will definitely read the comments on their thundercats facebook site. I think this whole mess was meant to drag the triangle thing or to surprise us. Either way I don't think they will kill the Lion-O/Cheetara thing, they will just making it more complicated.
Jelenic mentioned this when asked about Lion-O/Cheetara thing :

Dr. T: Yeah, I noticed that little riff between Cheetara and Lion-O – she keeps following him around and looking at him – then that disappeared for a few episodes.

MJ: That little character beat of Cheetara's, following him around, we don't give a definitive answer to that until, I think, Episode 14. If you invest in the show, with each episode you'll get more out of it.

Now if they will kill the lion-O/Cheetara thing then why did he say "If you invest in the show, with each episode you'll get more out of it."
cmangund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:17 AM   #357
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
I don't think the writers forget the Lion-O/Cheetara fans, on Facebook ThunderCats | Facebook there are lots of complain of the whole Cheetara/Tygra thing. Even Writers write comments there criticizing the OOC for cheetara to be like that. The Thundercats crew will definitely read the comments on their thundercats facebook site. I think this whole mess was meant to drag the triangle thing or to surprise us. Either way I don't think they will kill the Lion-O/Cheetara thing, they will just making it more complicated.

Dr. T: Yeah, I noticed that little riff between Cheetara and Lion-O – she keeps following him around and looking at him – then that disappeared for a few episodes.

MJ: That little character beat of Cheetara's, following him around, we don't give a definitive answer to that until, I think, Episode 14. If you invest in the show, with each episode you'll get more out of it.

Now if they will kill the lion-O/Cheetara thing then why did he say "If you invest in the show, with each episode you'll get more out of it."
He didnt specify that it would be romantic. He already said the Clerics were the royal body guards. We dont know why she was trailing him, but Im wagering it was because her "sixth sense" was warning of something. I think 14 might have something to do with that.
Even if CheeTygra is end game, Cheetara is still his friend and adviser. She doesn't HAVE to be his girlfriend to be there for him.

Besides following someone around in dark shadows because you have a crush is a little creepy.
Chique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:27 AM   #358
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
It would've made more sense if she did tell lion-o first. I mean when lion-o is saying "same reason she is gonna choose me" who in the thunder tank didn't hear him say that. I was waiting to see panthro to say will you two shut up. To me she just elevated the tension. She can be loyal to lion-o and be with tygra but in being loyal to lion-o she will have to interact with him a lot even though it won't be like it was before i don't think tygra would want that. So whats it going to be for cheetara duty and sacrifice "like panthro" or romance. Either way the writers have got some explaining to do. The shown has gone down a lot since the first 8 episode to me
I agree with the show going down.

To me it is a conflict of interest. Cheetara can't be totally devoted to two cats.

She can't leave Lion-o because that would disgrace the clerics and Jaga.

I think there was a reason for it.

How about this, if Lion-o and tygra were in trouble, who would Cheetara save.

If pumya comes along, I hope she has histroy with Tygra, like she was his cleric that protected him.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:33 AM   #359
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowdheart View Post
You're actually the first person to say this. I agree completly.

Yeah, i rewatched Legacy and i noticed it even more. I wonder if they'll ever have a female who is able to convey things normally with the person they are interested in without looking bad?
That is what bothers me all logic points to cheetara and lion-o.

If there was no legacy episode, then I would have thought different. Cheetara did the samething to lion-o as Pantha did to leo, except for the kiss after they have won.

I think they drop the the ball on the last two episodes. It seem like Tygra was destined to betrayed lion-o, but the pro tygra writer went another way. That was the first part that did not make sense, then the rush for cheetara and tygra. I am sorry, but tygra didn't betray him. Cheetara did.

So we had cheeatara showing signs of interest or sending mixed singals, we also had tygra who looked prime to betray lion-o. The new writer comes in and flips the switch to tygra is great and lion-o is going to have to suck it up (according to tygra fans).

The writer was trolling.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:36 AM   #360
L08e16o
Quote:
Guess it comes down to personal preference. With Transformers a lot of fans only accept the original G1 Transformers as being important Canon.
Why are the writers taking such a chance.

They are about to divide the fans.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:40 AM   #361
L08e16o
Quote:
The only problem i have is the writing the last two episodes had. It was atrocious. But if they did another reboot i'd like it to be good with the romance. And not make Tygra out to be right all the time. Remember his line: "In everything but the crown, you'll always be second place (compared to me)" and that turned out true in every aspect.
That is why I think it is pro tygra writers.

Cheetara picking lion-o would have forced tygra to change his thinking and he would have to grow as a person.

Tygra will never give him respect that he is king.

Cheetara picking lion-o would have been the only way to make him take notice.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:42 AM   #362
L08e16o
Quote:
I was on TCL for like a week or so before they pretty much made me leave with how they were acting. And now they're making jokes about how happier Tygra will be once he sleeps with Cheetara. :/ It's not funny.
That is stupid. That won't change him, he wants the crown.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:50 AM   #363
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
He didnt specify that it would be romantic. He already said the Clerics were the royal body guards. We dont know why she was trailing him, but Im wagering it was because her "sixth sense" was warning of something. I think 14 might have something to do with that.
Even if CheeTygra is end game, Cheetara is still his friend and adviser. She doesn't HAVE to be his girlfriend to be there for him.

Besides following someone around in dark shadows because you have a crush is a little creepy.
Then that is wrong.

She is not a friend, you don't do that. You can't advise anyone if they don't trust you. I don't think she would risk her duty for tygra. I think she would have waited until the end or give tygra clues and not just a big kiss.

If you were tygra would you want your gf proctecting someone you don't respect with her life.

If 14 shows she was just a body guard to lion-o I am done with this series.

I didn't want any romance in this, but when I saw the clues for cheetara and lion-o might happen, then I was invested. Then they rushed the last two episodes with a different writer.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:57 AM   #364
L08e16o
Quote:

That little charater beat of cheetara is a bad sign. That sounds like her six sense.

Little riff, that to me means division.

I can see it, Cheetara: Lion-o, I was giving you advice, because you have to be king.
Lion-o: You're the best cheetara, I am so glad that you kiss by brother. He deserves you and the crown. I am going over here to play with some tech.
Cheetara: I knew you would understand, you will always be second best to your brother.
Tygra: I am the best cat and you know it lion-o.
Tygra fans: We love you tygra.
Lion-o: I want to be like you tygra eventhough I said I wanted to be nothing like you. The writers change my mind.

Sorry, I am frustrated by the last two episodes.

Why have the female cat in the legacy episode. She acted just like cheetara, but not has hands on.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:58 AM   #365
L08e16o
Quote:

So what does "If you invest in the show, with each episode you'll get more out of it." mean?

Thoughts.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:03 PM   #366
THoHo
Thunder Kitty
Had no idea there's such a diehard tygra/cheetara fan base. Sounds a bit crazy to me like Twilight. I don't care so much about who they paired her up with, more of how it went down.
THoHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:22 PM   #367
stormbringer
Cheetara will never be able to advise Lion-o effectively again, because he won't trust her (much like many of us viewers
). The writers dug themselves a deep hole with the last two episodes.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:15 PM   #368
L08e16o

Now if they will kill the lion-O/Cheetara thing then why did he say "If you invest in the show, with each episode you'll get more out of it."[/QUOTE]

This is my thoughts about the If you invest in the show, with each episode you'll get more out of it.

To me every episode has said cheetara and lion-o. To me the legacy episode was a big show of the future. Leo again will have to unite the animals with his lady cat (cheetara) to beat Mummra. Legacy has shown that cheetara is doing the samething as women cat did with leo. Every episode showed that hints with cheetara. They showed little things with with tygra, then the last two episodes. One thing we know is cheetara said she chose along time ago, but she didn't say you to tygra. We could go anyway with what she said to him. The kiss was to thank him. I think that was the bigger picture for lion-o, he saw them kiss and right away he thought is was over (smaller picture). To me what was said is each episode counts toward the character development. To me the last two episodes erase the first 11. I think they did the tygra and cheetara to throw people off. Of couse this could be me trying to find something that is not there.

Someone said they want to keep using the love triangle, only way that can happen is if cheetara did pick lion-o. After what lion-o saw, why should he keep fighting? I can see tygra fighting lion-o, but not lion-o fighting tygra. He always loses to him, why keep hurting yourself.

All the episodes to me say cheetara and lion-o like what happen in legacy. If they meant you will get more out of each episode. Well then the last two were to mess with lion-o and it happen early in the series. So it is not set in stone. I think lion-o can't be one with the sword of omen unless he has cheetara.

I think cheetara likes lion-o because he is different. She said he was differetn in the opening episode. I don't think Jaga would ever try to hurt Lion-o. Without Lion-o, the TC are doom and he knew that.
Thoughs.

Thanks.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:35 PM   #369
L08e16o
Quote:
Cheetara will never be able to advise Lion-o effectively again, because he won't trust her (much like many of us viewers
). The writers dug themselves a deep hole with the last two episodes.
I agree. They are going to try explain why cheetara follows lion-o around in one episode.

What is it going to be more kissing with tygra and cheetara and for ten seconds it shows jaga telling cheetara to guard lion-o. Cheetara complains to jaga because she wants tygra. Jaga says I know, because lion-o is only second best to tygra.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:37 PM   #370
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by THoHo View Post
Had no idea there's such a diehard tygra/cheetara fan base. Sounds a bit crazy to me like Twilight. I don't care so much about who they paired her up with, more of how it went down.
I didn't until they showed signs of her being into to him. After legacy, I thougth it was set in stone.

They feel that lion-o has everything and tygra deserves something.

They don't realize lion-o has nothing, but a lot of pressure to rebuild the TC. That can be a curse and can crush people.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:09 PM   #371
stormbringer
what does Lion-o have other than a bunch of pressure? Of course Tygra is now stuck with Cheetara who will probably drive him mad with her special brand of "encourging" Lion-o
Old 12-06-2011, 02:39 PM   #372
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Yeah, when Lion-o went into the book and saw how Panthera acted with Leo he probably thought that was a sign that Cheetara liked him. I couldn't really find any arguments about Cheetara/Lion-o in that facebook page though.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:43 PM   #373
stormbringer
Even Tygra thought something was going on with Lion-o/Cheetara. The writers messed up big time with the last two episodes.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:38 PM   #374
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
I know, he even said "You've made your choice" and he didn't sound happy about it, or like he was going to be fine with her choosing Lion-o, the resentment is still there, and i don't think him getting Cheetara is going to stop him from acting the way he always has. He's only gotten Cheetara, not the Sword/Throne like he wants.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:04 PM   #375
stormbringer
I wonder if Tygras resentment towards Lion-o doesn't fade, will Cheetara dump Tygra which would probably make Tygra even worse?
Old 12-06-2011, 04:17 PM   #376
L08e16o
Quote:
I wonder if Tygras resentment towards Lion-o doesn't fade, will Cheetara dump Tygra which would probably make Tygra even worse?
I can't see how he could move on just because he got the girl.

If Tygra didn't resent lion-o so much, he would be all right with Cheetara being with lion-o. He is blinded by his desire for the throne.

Tygra resentment started before he met cheetara.

What do you think will happen in episode 14? Do you think we find out cheetara felt sorry for lion-o because he is a loser. That is how the writers are making it out to me.

If next episode show tygra trying to encourage, because he has cheetara, I am done and they will have ruin the TC for me.

They pull to much stuff out of their butts to make it fit.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:19 PM   #377
L08e16o
Quote:
I know, he even said "You've made your choice" and he didn't sound happy about it, or like he was going to be fine with her choosing Lion-o, the resentment is still there, and i don't think him getting Cheetara is going to stop him from acting the way he always has. He's only gotten Cheetara, not the Sword/Throne like he wants.
When she said she made her choice a long time ago, do you think she is implying Tygra. Would she not say I chose you and kiss him.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:20 PM   #378
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
I agree with the show going down.

To me it is a conflict of interest. Cheetara can't be totally devoted to two cats.

She can't leave Lion-o because that would disgrace the clerics and Jaga.

I think there was a reason for it.

How about this, if Lion-o and tygra were in trouble, who would Cheetara save.

If pumya comes along, I hope she has histroy with Tygra, like she was his cleric that protected him.
I don't think pumyra will be a cleric because cheetara is the only cleric to survive. If lion-o and tygra were both in trouble she would probably save lion-o. Your right that she can't be devoted to two cats thats why i've always been saying she will choose her job over tygra which will be yet another reason tygra will want to be king
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:23 PM   #379
stormbringer
That's the problem with the last 2 episodes, it doesn't make any sense. With the way their writing things, they probably would make Tygra act like a nice guy towards Lion-o now that he's with Cheetara. But it would be totally unbelievable because Tygra wants to be lord of the thundercats, him being with Cheetara won't change that.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:31 PM   #380
L08e16o
Quote:
what does Lion-o have other than a bunch of pressure? Of course Tygra is now stuck with Cheetara who will probably drive him mad with her special brand of "encourging" Lion-o
That is why I thougth cheetara was prefect for lion-o. No one can understand him or wants too.

I think lion-o will reject it.

I still can't believe they went that way. I would hate to be in lion-o's shoes.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:33 PM   #381
L08e16o
Quote:
I don't think pumyra will be a cleric because cheetara is the only cleric to survive. If lion-o and tygra were both in trouble she would probably save lion-o. Your right that she can't be devoted to two cats thats why i've always been saying she will choose her job over tygra which will be yet another reason tygra will want to be king
That would be better than the D*ck tygra.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:34 PM   #382
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
That's the problem with the last 2 episodes, it doesn't make any sense. With the way their writing things, they probably would make Tygra act like a nice guy towards Lion-o now that he's with Cheetara. But it would be totally unbelievable because Tygra wants to be lord of the thundercats, him being with Cheetara won't change that.
I just said that, i think? But yeah, they probably would.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:38 PM   #383
L08e16o
Quote:
Like you said they have dug themselves a HOLE..

Maybe it was so onesided that cheetara was going for lion-o that they wanted to throw those two episodes in to make it a true love triangle.

I just don't see how lion-o can go after cheetara unless she was mummra or she tells him she chose him a long time ago.

One more thing, why wouldn't she follow tygra around instead of tygra.

There has to be more to it and we are seeing a small picture. That would be very bad writing and I think the crew would pride themselves in thier profession.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:38 PM   #384
stormbringer
With the way they've written the last 2 episodes, either Tygra should go Anakin Skywalker, or it should be revealed that Cheetara is secretly working for Mumm-ra. Those are the only ways to redeem this mess.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:40 PM   #385
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
We don't even know if they are together as a couple yet. Remember in the OS tygra can create illusions with his mind maybe the trip into the astral plane with the help of mum-ra triggered that ability because those seemed to be his memories that were recreated and he created his own sword of omens so maybe what lion-o saw wasn't even real. MAYBE!!!!! we all just have wait
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:46 PM   #386
stormbringer
I wonder if the writers realized that the last 2 episodes would put the fanbase at odds as much as it has?
Old 12-06-2011, 04:48 PM   #387
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
I don't think they did until a second after it ended. They didn't even ask what anyone thought of the episode like they did the other ones.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:49 PM   #388
stormbringer
Has there ever been anything in thundercats this controversial before?
Old 12-06-2011, 04:52 PM   #389
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Has there ever been anything in thundercats this controversial before?
Not unless you count the comics, no.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:57 PM   #390
stormbringer
Well, theres really no going back now. Whatever they do next will likely make or break the show now.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:59 PM   #391
L08e16o
Quote:
With the way they've written the last 2 episodes, either Tygra should go Anakin Skywalker, or it should be revealed that Cheetara is secretly working for Mumm-ra. Those are the only ways to redeem this mess.
Mummra being cheetara or controlling her is the only way I can see it, how is mummra going to get the sword or stone? He needs tygra.

Right now mummra looks weak. He is very clever and they have not shown that.

It would be great if mummra was cheetara. Then the real cheetara keeps up with the flirting with lion-o. That would send tygra over the top and he would steal the sword and stone.

I don't see how mummra can win right now. Lion-o beat mummra with just the war stone.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:03 PM   #392
stormbringer
Yeah Mumm-ra has been looking pitiful lately, he needs some kind of win to still be a credible threat.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:03 PM   #393
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Well, theres really no going back now. Whatever they do next will likely make or break the show now.
Yeah, and half the fanbase already isn't pleased. Not counting the parents who didn't like Panthro's line about losing his arms being "worth it" and the way Tygra was let off the hook for what he did when he was little.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:08 PM   #394
L08e16o
Quote:
They have divided the base and might have ruin future profits. that is what it is all about.

I can't see lion-o accepting cheetara picking tygra. I think episode 14 will make or break it.

If cheetara felt sorry for lion-o in the past and wanted to encourage him, that will kill in for me.

For me, she has to pick lion-o the other episodes agree. I am hoping pumya will be with tygra. It needs to be a outsider to help him over come his jealousy.

An outsider will not be devoted to lion-o or have any history with him. Tygra and the other cat start from their own begining.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:09 PM   #395
stormbringer
At this rate I wonder if the show is going to survive, or was this its jump the shark moment.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:09 PM   #396
L08e16o
Quote:
Yeah, and half the fanbase already isn't pleased. Not counting the parents who didn't like Panthro's line about losing his arms being "worth it" and the way Tygra was let off the hook for what he did when he was little.
Not only was he let off the hook, he was rewarded for his behavior.

How can getting a girl help you learn or grow. Losing the girl is the only way tygra can take notice.

If lion-o beats him, he will resent him more.

Last edited by L08e16o; 12-06-2011 at 05:14 PM..
Old 12-06-2011, 05:10 PM   #397
L08e16o
Quote:
At this rate I wonder if the show is going to survive, or was this its jump the shark moment.
What do you mean?

Sorry.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:12 PM   #398
L08e16o
Quote:
We don't even know if they are together as a couple yet. Remember in the OS tygra can create illusions with his mind maybe the trip into the astral plane with the help of mum-ra triggered that ability because those seemed to be his memories that were recreated and he created his own sword of omens so maybe what lion-o saw wasn't even real. MAYBE!!!!! we all just have wait
I hope. I like getting the disappointment out of my system.

I can't see how it can't be lion-o and cheetara. The show has shown that and two episodes destroy everything.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:14 PM   #399
stormbringer
I wonder if this will be the point where people look back and wonder if this is where the show went wrong.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:16 PM   #400
L08e16o
Quote:
I wonder if this will be the point where people look back and wonder if this is where the show went wrong.
Thanks.

If it keeps going that way it will be.

I was going to buy everything DVD, but after the two episodes, I don't know.

Depends how the rest of the series goes and I scared to watch for more disappointment.