TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats News and Rumors

Old 02-11-2012, 04:03 PM   #1
netkid
Sun. Surf. Espionage.
Apparently, new episodes are currently being aired in Ireland:

Thundercats are Go!!!! NEW SERIES ANNOUNCED - Page 65 - TFW2005 - The 2005 Boards

Credit: Airspeed

WARNING!!!!! SPOILERS BELOW:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airspeed View Post
I am pretty sure I just saw a new episode, and it was on RTE 2 here in Ireland.

I woke up at 08:45 and my tv was on with Thundercats, I think I only missed the first 5 minutes.
I definitely have never seen any of this stuff before.

[Spoiler] Lion-O was using the new Spirit Stone, and Mum Ra got himself two new generals: "Kaynar and Atticus" (spelling who are a monkey and jackalman respectively) because the Lizards started to desert him.

Panthro got his robot arms from the Berbils

Big fight at the end and the cats only escape when new arms Panthro joins the battle after the generals had the others beaten [/Spoiler]

Is this new ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airspeed View Post
Regarding the Love Triangle [Spoiler] It was brought up a few times, at first Lion-O told them both that he was happy for them, which they were shocked and glad to hear.
Cheetara thanked Tygra for watching her back in the fight just before Tygra says somthing along the lines of "It is a nice back to watch" and the kids did not want to hear that.
Then later Lion-O confronts Cheetara over all the times previously where she appeared to be getting closer to him and she reveals that Jaga asked her to look out for and help Lion-O, but that she does care about Lion-O, just as a close friend. Lion-O storms off to fight some lizards alone after this.
Which is where the big fight with the new generals happens, first Tygra and cheetara arrive, telling Lion-O they can't let him do it alone.
So overall he is not over it by any means.

And A funny moment in the episode was that at first the Berbils gave Panthro tiny Berbils, Furry arms, which he was not happy with. [/Spoiler]

No mention of Grune, though it might have been mentioned at the start of the episode which I missed, I assume the Lizards leaving and new generals are in response to what happened to Grune.

Last edited by netkid; 02-11-2012 at 04:07 PM..
netkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:16 PM   #2
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
I'm hesitant to believe that. The storyline sounds very plausible, but why would it air in Ireland before it airs here? And they said Kaynar and Atticus is a monkey and jackal respectively, but Kaynar should be the jackal's name, not the monkey's.

Last edited by Balgus82; 02-11-2012 at 05:22 PM..
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:50 AM   #3
Balgus82
Ok I retract my last statement. Seems like these guys are completely legit.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:50 PM   #4
Covenant
Thunder Kitty
WhyTF did Cartoon Network have to get this show? Why couldn't it have been another channel? Besides, we don't get CN in HD on FIOS anyway. >
Covenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:49 AM   #5
Wileycat
Thunder Kitty
I want to know why new Thundercats episodes are being aired over in Ireland while here in America we still have to wait?????

Is there an explanation for this?

I tried posting a question about this over on the CN forums but they won't let me post it. Obviously they are not letting me to keep their fans from getting mad I guess...

I am very disappointed with CN thus far. They have not handled Thundercats well at all. I enjoy shows like Star Wars the Clone Wars and I really like some of the Adult Swim shows.

So when will the new ones come out? I seen posts say Jan. but that month has come and gone. Now we are 1/2 way through Feb. I check CN's up coming shows and there are NO Thundercats listed. I seen posts saying March. I doubt it by the way things have been going. My guess is they will start airing new ones in May or June at the earliest. Or at least until their new show "Level Up" is done with it's season.

I hope I am wrong...
Wileycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:33 AM   #6
moreprimeland
Prime Kitty
Yep, I was reading Airspeed's posts on TFW and wondered the same thing...seems they aired in Ireland without much fanfare at all...have been checking here and CN to see if they are posting a new episode airdate list..but no luck so far.

When do those DVD's hit the market??? JUNE?? Dang.. Maybe we can see these latest 3 eps then.

Last edited by moreprimeland; 02-13-2012 at 04:36 AM..
moreprimeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:17 AM   #7
Balgus82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wileycat View Post
I want to know why new Thundercats episodes are being aired over in Ireland while here in America we still have to wait?????

Is there an explanation for this?

I tried posting a question about this over on the CN forums but they won't let me post it. Obviously they are not letting me to keep their fans from getting mad I guess...

I am very disappointed with CN thus far. They have not handled Thundercats well at all. I enjoy shows like Star Wars the Clone Wars and I really like some of the Adult Swim shows.

So when will the new ones come out? I seen posts say Jan. but that month has come and gone. Now we are 1/2 way through Feb. I check CN's up coming shows and there are NO Thundercats listed. I seen posts saying March. I doubt it by the way things have been going. My guess is they will start airing new ones in May or June at the earliest. Or at least until their new show "Level Up" is done with it's season.

I hope I am wrong...
don't bother with CN forums. They're heavily moderated and really only allow happy and positive posts and most of their threads are created by admins and they're usually superficial topics like "who is your favorite character?!". They expect lots of kids to be on those forums instead of adults.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:40 PM   #8
Balgus82
btw....anyone wanna see what the new Monkian (Atticus) looks like?
dude posted a screen shot.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attach...ed-atticus.jpg

And here's a screen of the previously seen Jackalman (Kaynar)
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attach...ced-kaynar.jpg
Old 02-13-2012, 01:45 PM   #9
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
btw....anyone wanna see what the new Monkian (Atticus) looks like?
dude posted a screen shot.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attach...ed-atticus.jpg

And here's a screen of the previously seen Jackalman (Kaynar)
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attach...ced-kaynar.jpg
Wow, Atticus is a BEAST! If he gets a toy, it'll be a must-have for me.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:14 PM   #10
Balgus82
Name correction btw guys. I've been informed Monkian's name is Addicus, not Atticus.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:31 PM   #11
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
It's a minor difference, but that kinda sucks...Ruins any sort of reference to the philosopher Atticus (which created irony due to Monkian's OS personality). Best I can find for Addicus is a book store and an iPhone adding game...
Old 02-13-2012, 06:46 PM   #12
Balgus82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
It's a minor difference, but that kinda sucks...Ruins any sort of reference to the philosopher Atticus (which created irony due to Monkian's OS personality). Best I can find for Addicus is a book store and an iPhone adding game...
From what I was told he was named that because it was similar to Atticus, but it was phonically different from typical "power names" with "power letters" like S,T, R, etc.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:49 PM   #13
Mongor
You got red on you.
I seriously need to see these new episodes. I love this show as does my wife. F U CN.
Mongor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:37 PM   #14
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
From what I was told he was named that because it was similar to Atticus, but it was phonically different from typical "power names" with "power letters" like S,T, R, etc.
I guess that makes sense. I just can't help but see ADD when I look at the name Addicus. Still, it's comforting to know that Monkian has not been forgotten. I just hope Bandai is able, and willing, to continue the toy-line long enough for him to be made (preferably at the 6" scale, but I'll take anything I can get).
Old 02-13-2012, 09:47 PM   #15
Balgus82
I'm looking forward to a Kaynar figure myself. He looks pretty badass and crazy.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:04 PM   #16
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
I'm looking forward to a Kaynar figure myself. He looks pretty badass and crazy.
I might get him too if/when they make him. I like how carnal his design is, and even though I doubt it was intentional, I like the similarity of his new name to that of the Baron Karnor (watched "The Tower of Traps" with my nephew earlier today).
Old 02-14-2012, 11:04 AM   #17
Joe Moore
Administrator
Separated these out into their own discussion.
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:51 PM   #18
Lord Lion O
Thunder Kitty
So somebody has to put these new episodes up on the web right? Any news or thoughts on where we can see them?
Lord Lion O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:58 PM   #19
vantheman77
Thunder Kitty
Unbelievable that new episode have aired Ireland instead of here in US. I'm glad that Lion-O confronted Cheetara about their relationship and that he isn't over it. I hope Lion-O does take on the Generals alone or else it wouldn't be his trials alone.

As expected, Panthro got new arms by the Berbils. I have this feeling that if Panthro retires, he may reside in the Berbil village.

Like I said, Lion-O got the crown while Tygra got the girl.
vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:04 PM   #20
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
I'm hopeful that the episodes airing in Ireland means that it won't be too much longer till we start getting new one's here in the US too. As for the story, I'm trying not to think too much about it till I can actually watch the new episodes. Reading about something and watching it are two completely different experiences, and since we still haven't heard anything about episode 14's story, some of 15's could be interpreted out of context.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:52 PM   #21
WingDagger
The Ever-Living
I've just searched for Thundercats on the iOS Sky planner app, and they currently have two separate sets listings: "Thundercats" and "New Thundercats." Unfortunately, neither have individual plot synopses, just a generic description of the show, which is the same for both, and both have an image of the 2011 series.

Anyways, "New Thundercats" airs at 10 am on Friday for an hour on Cartoon Network (ch. 601 on Sky), so I'm hoping that means they're the new episodes! I've set the Sky+ just incase!
WingDagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:19 PM   #22
Mongor
You got red on you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lion O View Post
So somebody has to put these new episodes up on the web right? Any news or thoughts on where we can see them?
I looked all night and found nothing. Patience. Must use patience. Grrrr.
Mongor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:36 PM   #23
Balgus82
Quote:
I'm hopeful that the episodes airing in Ireland means that it won't be too much longer till we start getting new one's here in the US too. As for the story, I'm trying not to think too much about it till I can actually watch the new episodes. Reading about something and watching it are two completely different experiences, and since we still haven't heard anything about episode 14's story, some of 15's could be interpreted out of context.
14 was described in there too
Old 02-14-2012, 04:43 PM   #24
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
14 was described in there too
It was? I thought I was reading a description for just one episode... CN better hurry up...
Old 02-14-2012, 06:46 PM   #25
Balgus82
Quote:
It was? I thought I was reading a description for just one episode... CN better hurry up...
the episode where Kaynar and Addicus were introduced was episode 14. the one where Lion-O starts his trials was 15.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:46 PM   #26
Sword of thundera
Thunder Kitty
When are the new episodes gonig to arrive in US! I CANT WAIT!!
Sword of thundera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:51 PM   #27
Autotrooper
Banned
What the actual fuck, CN!?
Autotrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:22 AM   #28
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
To the bay of the pirates I go...
Dr Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:56 AM   #29
stormbringer
Nobody does scheduling like you CN.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:13 AM   #30
Wileycat
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
To the bay of the pirates I go...
I been looking there and all the other usual places. I can't find it anywhere on the web. Only sites saying it was aired in Ireland. Did you have any luck?
Old 02-15-2012, 07:44 AM   #31
Grune the Destroyer
Thunder Kitty
Love the American fan rage over this. It's similar to what happened on TFW2005 when we in the UK got "Prime" toys a couple of weeks before the US.

Give us a break! You in America get all the stuff first 99% of the time... I say, good for Ireland! Trouble is, at 8.45am, I doubt anyone was watching!

Here's hoping new Thundercats episode begin here in the UK v.v.v.soon!
Grune the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:33 AM   #32
Jack-Pumpkinhead
Thunderan Thespian
Well, this sucks. But these better be coming soon. And yeah, Monkian, soory Addicus, looks good.
Jack-Pumpkinhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:12 PM   #33
Balgus82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grune the Destroyer View Post
Love the American fan rage over this. It's similar to what happened on TFW2005 when we in the UK got "Prime" toys a couple of weeks before the US.

Give us a break! You in America get all the stuff first 99% of the time... I say, good for Ireland! Trouble is, at 8.45am, I doubt anyone was watching!

Here's hoping new Thundercats episode begin here in the UK v.v.v.soon!
It isn't so much that another country is getting it before us. It's that another country is getting it when we haven't even gotten an air date from CN.

Most of us have no idea when it's coming back. And it's disheartening and frustrating to find out that it's been released somewhere we can't see it after having waited so long with absolutely no news.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:35 PM   #34
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
It isn't so much that another country is getting it before us. It's that another country is getting it when we haven't even gotten an air date from CN.

Most of us have no idea when it's coming back. And it's disheartening and frustrating to find out that it's been released somewhere we can't see it after having waited so long with absolutely no news.
Not to mention finding out recently that the first season actually runs for three more episodes than we were previously told and Cartoon Network arbitrarily cut off the real season finale because they're used to thirteen episode seasons rather than sixteen.
SirSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:16 PM   #35
Wilyjo
Thunder Kitty
This reminds me of when Batman: The Brave and the Bold was absent on CN for months with it finishing airing in the UK and Australia before the US. Cartoon Network does this kind of thing and it doesn't surprise me anymore. I DO wish we'd get an airdate, though.

If this is anything like Brave and the Bold though, you might get the episodes posted on itunes before they air on TV.

Last edited by Wilyjo; 02-15-2012 at 10:22 PM.. Reason: Whoops, I wrote "Nicktoons" instead if iTunes. >__>
Wilyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:21 PM   #36
stormbringer
Yep we'll have heard what's going to happen in all the coming episodes before CN even airs them.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:33 PM   #37
Balgus82
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSapphire View Post
Not to mention finding out recently that the first season actually runs for three more episodes than we were previously told and Cartoon Network arbitrarily cut off the real season finale because they're used to thirteen episode seasons rather than sixteen.
Actually the season is 26 episodes. CN split it in half. And we knew about that before the break.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:36 PM   #38
Wilyjo
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Actually the season is 26 episodes. CN split it in half. And we knew about that before the break.
All this news gives me a bad feeling
Wilyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:14 AM   #39
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilyjo View Post
This reminds me of when Batman: The Brave and the Bold was absent on CN for months with it finishing airing in the UK and Australia before the US. Cartoon Network does this kind of thing and it doesn't surprise me anymore. I DO wish we'd get an airdate, though.

If this is anything like Brave and the Bold though, you might get the episodes posted on itunes before they air on TV.
Or just get them online from someone else since CN does not care to air them.

Sadly though, yeah, I have not found episdoe 14 yet. I'll let you guys know when I do.
Dr Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:59 PM   #40
MONSTAR
Thunder Kitty
man it seems like ive been waiting forever for these episodes....Curse you CN for making us wait so long.....i guess ill just wait for the dvd....[sigh]
MONSTAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:17 AM   #41
WingDagger
The Ever-Living
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingDagger View Post
I've just searched for Thundercats on the iOS Sky planner app, and they currently have two separate sets listings: "Thundercats" and "New Thundercats." Unfortunately, neither have individual plot synopses, just a generic description of the show, which is the same for both, and both have an image of the 2011 series.

Anyways, "New Thundercats" airs at 10 am on Friday for an hour on Cartoon Network (ch. 601 on Sky), so I'm hoping that means they're the new episodes! I've set the Sky+ just incase!
False alarm, just Into the Astral Plane & Between Brothers. Does clear the way for the next two episodes, though! I'll keep an eye out for more "New Thundercats" listings (it isn't on next week at the same time) and report back, providing the new eps don't surface *ahem* elsewhere in the meantime!
Old 02-17-2012, 02:34 PM   #42
mrmobb
Thunder Kitty
I think the episodes are being shown over there because its currently half term/ school holday time in the uk and ireland. similar to them running the entire season one on channel five (uk) everyday during the xmas break.while on SKy/CN its expected to air new episodes weekly. was it being shown in ireland at that time? i dont think it was so its catch up time for them for at least a couple more episodes before schools back. Then with all international broadcasting commitments having been met the real season 2 should begin for the rest of us. hopefully.
mrmobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:09 PM   #43
Wileycat
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilyjo View Post

To quote Lion-o...

"I have a bad feeling about this."

I am thinking my rant about episode 14 not being released in America until June might not be far off. I ran a search in iTunes for E14 and nothing. I am guessing it will show up around when the dvd shows up...

Again I must express how I am very disappointed with Cartoon Network...
Old 02-17-2012, 10:06 PM   #44
neisan18
Thunder Kitty
It's definitely coming back WAYYYY before June. Hold on for some news late tonight or early tomorrow

EDIT: Well...looks like my hands have been tied. Sorry guys...but I really wanted to hype the return. Guess We'll just have to keep waiting because I don't want to get anyone in trouble. Soon though folks, soon!

Last edited by neisan18; 02-18-2012 at 01:49 PM..
neisan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:05 PM   #45
moreprimeland
Prime Kitty
Was just over reading some of the CN forums and fans there are saying that we get a new episode here March 2nd??? Anybody else finding any truth to that statement??? Or is some fan wish???
Old 02-22-2012, 01:58 AM   #46
neisan18
Thunder Kitty
That date is wrong.
neisan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:43 AM   #47
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by moreprimeland View Post
Was just over reading some of the CN forums and fans there are saying that we get a new episode here March 2nd??? Anybody else finding any truth to that statement??? Or is some fan wish???
It's purely fan wishful thinking. It would be awesome if it were true, but the channel listings for that day don't show any sign of Thundercats. Specifically the 8:30pm slot is filled by "Ben 10: Ultimate Alien".
Old 03-03-2012, 04:21 AM   #48
WingDagger
The Ever-Living
Toonzone.net are reporting that the next two episodes (New Alliances/Trials of Lion-O, Pt. 1) will air in the US on Saturday 24th & Saturday 31st March, respectively.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:00 AM   #49
moreprimeland
Prime Kitty
Saw the other thread for the announcement!! Hallelujah!!
Old 03-07-2012, 12:58 AM   #50
Swift
Thunder Kitty
Come on, irish fans... don't tell me no-one recorded the episodes?

When TF Animated aired all the season 3 episodes in advance in Australia, they were up for download in 2 days...
Swift is offline   Reply With Quote