TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

Old 03-08-2012, 09:07 PM   #1
Fist Pounder
Thunder Kitty
At the moment it is manageable for a non completest.

Wave 1 was great

Thundertank essential
all 4 inchers essential
6 inch mummra essential
Deluxe grune essential
Lizard cannon essential.

Wave 2
Claudius essential
storm charger essential
everything else is left to taste.

I just wonder if the thundercats is going to turn into the new simpsons where nearly every character in the series receives and incredibly hard to find action figure.

I mean there are alot of main characters who need the 4 inch treatment Jaga, Lynxo, Slythe.

However I am not married to the idea of collecting every last second tier character we see.

Tygus for example. His deluxe figure is cool but not sure I want to spend that much for a character only seen once.

Any opinions?
Fist Pounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:31 PM   #2
Joe Moore
Administrator
I've talked to a few of the more hardcore collectors, and they're buying everything. However, I think more people are following your line of thinking. I just haven't felt compelled to buy every last thing. I'm personally sticking to the main guys in the 4" scale and the classics.
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:22 AM   #3
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
As a big fan of Thundercats, I feel sort of bad that I haven't really felt compelled to buy much of anything from the line. Literally the one figure I've bought so far has been the 8" Lion-O, and even that I'm already trying to get rid of...

Then again getting back into action figures has been sort of...rough for me. The past seven years I've been collecting Transformers, and going back to action figures just feels....weird for some reason. TF's mostly being one-scale (till Cyberverse came-along) meant that I didn't really need to do much thinking about the size of the figures. With the 4" and 6" scales to choose from, I'm really not sure which one I like more. Even after the pros/cons thread I made a while back...

Also doesn't help that my confidence in CN's handling of the show hasn't been great, even after the show turning out to be so good. I feel that by the time I actually do decide to get at least the main cast in figure form, they'll all be out and I'll have to get most of them online...

Another thing that isn't helping my situation is the fact that they've said that they main characters will over time see different variations based on how the show progresses. Meaning that what I could see as a better figure for certain characters could easily be on the horizon. Most especially when it comes to Panthro, who still hasn't gotten a properly colored figure...

I'm definitely making this harder than it needs to be. It's sorta what I do, lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist Pounder View Post
I mean there are alot of main characters who need the 4 inch treatment Jaga, Lynxo, Slythe.
Slithe's in wave two, though we still don't know if you'll be able to pose his arms normally without needing to alter the gimmick, and that combined with the potential lacking of elbows could ruin the figure. Personally I'm waiting to see a review.

Last edited by Ravenxl7; 03-09-2012 at 01:26 AM..
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:19 AM   #4
Grippen
Thunder Kitty
I bought the Thundertank but not sure what use I will give it because I got the 6'' figures I the 4'' ones for me suck except Snarf which fits perfectly in scale with the 6''. From the 6'' I bought all except Mum-Ra still waiting for Panthro to arrive.
Grippen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:38 AM   #5
Grune the Destroyer
Thunder Kitty
Hmmm. I'm on an incredibly tight budget at the moment, but pretty soon, I can see me moving across to being a bit of a completist on this line. None of the stuff is hard to find, it's all fun, and the stuff that isn't quite so good (e.g. Lion-O/Tygra deluxe) I'll just wait for sale.
Grune the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:10 AM   #6
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
I tend to be a completist....but I definatly have a priority list and a "wait until clearance" list. but I would eventually like to have all the modern stuff. I still cant bring myself to buy the mini sword and claw shield. I want it, but its like baby sized!! dont really like it, thats why its a hard buy, totally on my "wait till clearance" list.
IndyCat is offline   Reply With Quote