TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats News and Rumors

Old 05-11-2012, 06:32 PM   #1
test
You don't stand a chance
Okay so about a month ago I emailed bandai (please bear in mind this way way before I found my 6 inch tygra)
and basically it was just me praising bandai's work on the thundercats line and also enquiring about whether or not there would be any more 6 inch tygras released as I was worried I would not be able to find one what with all the negative internet rumours going around about the status of the toy line etc etc ..........

Anyways today I recieved a response from bandai (very late i must say) and here it is copied and pasted for you all to see.....

Mr. Thompson:

Bandai America appreciates your support of the ThunderCats brand.

Our company ships to retailers' distribution centers who in turn allocate to their individual stores so we are unable to tell exactly when to expect certain products in a location near you and a 6" Tygra figure is included in the current Spring, 2012, assortment of toys.

As for your decision on the 6" Tygra purchase, you may want to check with store staff at your retailer of choice have them consult with their warehouse and/or buyers regarding availability. Please do encourage them to show interest in the continuation of ThunderCats products.

Sincerely,

Consumer Services
Bandai America

So anyways ..... to me even though I appreciate that the response is very vague it really sounds like the line could go either way depending on the support it recieves.

Just thought I'd share it anyway .... nothing really solid im afraid but I like to share lol
test is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:00 PM   #2
THUNDER JEDI
Thunderian Commoner
So basically bandai is saying 6" Tygra is out already and the retailers aren't putting them out. We need to encourage our local stores to stock them? That sounds like they need help from the fans to help the line continue. Seems like bad news to me. I hope its not the end so soon, but you think they would have a little respect for the fans and not put the future of the toy line on our shoulders. I support every thing Thundercats new or old, but bandai need more than just fan support, they've had it from the begining!
THUNDER JEDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:13 PM   #3
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Their just stating the obvious here. "We make toys and send em out, the stores do the rest." Ive contacted many of people in bandai to replies of no comment and stay tuned. Its pretty pointless to even speculate much further. If nothing is at SDCC, its done. Im sure 6 inch tygra will be around, they were all shipped out but people dropped the line so cases were pulled and will eventually be unpacked by second hand stores and value will be worthless.
Kregermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:39 PM   #4
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
They expect us to help them? How are we supposed to get the stores to carry them if they won't listen?
hollowdheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:12 PM   #5
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
tell you one thing they need a way to get it out. I want a Tygra figure, but I'm not spending $80 for one on ebay.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:02 PM   #6
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
tell you one thing they need a way to get it out. I want a Tygra figure, but I'm not spending $80 for one on ebay.
$80?! Wow.....though they do need to get the figures out, maybe they can try a different approach? Having the fans try to do something isn't going to help much, even with a petition. And given the economy right now....
hollowdheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:07 PM   #7
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowdheart View Post
$80?! Wow.....though they do need to get the figures out, maybe they can try a different approach? Having the fans try to do something isn't going to help much, even with a petition. And given the economy right now....
actually looking right now there's one for $100 and one for $129 (with a $165 BiN). It's ridiculous.

Granted there are no bids on them so far, but still.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:59 PM   #8
gjustis
Thunder Kitty
Right, that's exactly how it is: store warehouses are secretly filled to the brim with 6" Tygras, and they're all just waiting for us to rally together and demand that they unleash the flood.

Let's do it, sports fans! Protest at Walmart's door! Post flyers on cars! Dust off the megaphone and rattle the windows!! Heck, start an online petition...those ALWAYS work!!

*badoom-ping!*
gjustis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:23 PM   #9
THUNDER JEDI
Thunderian Commoner
Nice! It's true. Why would a store buy cases of figures to accomidate 1 customer that's only interested in buying 1 figure?
THUNDER JEDI is offline   Reply With Quote