TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 04-15-2012, 01:06 AM   #101
stac
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
Yes ballons can be controlled. By the people who are in them. I'm pretty sure an infant wasn't capable of piloting an air balloon.
Of course I don’t expect an infant to control the balloon. I said it could have been controlled by technological means – I meant something like an auto-pilot or navigation system.

Quote:
If Tygra's whip was technology, then he wouldn't have spent his whole life not believing in technology.
Leo was also adept in technology, but that doesn't mean they still had it 5000 years later in Thundera either. Much less an outcast clan living in caves.
Tygra could have used it while not being aware that it was actually technology. The Lions/ThunderCats rejected technology because they associated it with Mumm-Ra. The Tigers were loyal to Mumm-Ra and may have been more favourable towards technology.

Quote:
I'm sorry if you don't agree, but throwing a baby out in the wild with no direction and no way to fend for himself is not saving him. It's only by chance that he landed in Thundera IMO.
We don’t know if he landed in Thundera by accident or not. In my opinion, it being an accident is highly unlikely.

I’m going to assume, based on what is known so far, that Javon only had two choices – sacrifice Tygra or send him away. In this case, sending Tygra away on a balloon would have been the only correct choice to make if Tygra was to have any chance of survival at all. Tygra’s survival may not have been guaranteed but at least he would have had a chance (however miniscule).

Quote:
I select the parts of your post I'm replying to. Why quote things that I don't care about?
Perhaps because I’ve already answered it two times now and I don’t have to repeat myself so much?

Quote:
I didn't say he hasn't blamed Lion-O in past episodes. What I said was that He wasn't blaming Lion-O in THIS episode. It wasn't what the scene was about.
I was talking about Tygra’s statement that he lost his mother and his kingdom the day Lion-O was born. He is associating Lion-O’s birth to these events in a certain way and he already blames Lion-O for "taking" the crown from him.

Tygra just seems very self-centred here. His father just lost his wife, his younger brother will never get to see his mother and he acts like it only affected him.
stac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:20 AM   #102
Sining
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
You blow this out of proportion. I have the feeling I'm touching a sensitive issue. So I will just tell you that the lack of evidence you point out does not make your assumptions right and you have no way to prove your theory. Like me, you have what was shown there and nothing more, and since it was shown I have to believe it was relevant to the story. They only had 20 minutes to tell the story after all and couldn't dwell much on the flashbacks.
Wait, so the guy who's saying 'she's hardly a bad mother just cause she didn't call him prince' is the one who's blowing this out of proportion, compared to the people who go "NO! ITS NOT OKAY TO SLIP UP! Y U NO CALL TYGRA PRINCE?!?!" Lol, wut?

Of course it's relevant to the story *probably* but you're also making some assumptions based on what happened after the flashback, which aren't shown. Like her continuing to distance herself from Tygra.

Quote:
If we get another one in the future disproving my theory, I will have no qualms to say I was wrong. In the meantime, that's what I think about the significance of that scene, and what I think about parenting. It's not meant to be pleasant.
Was it supposed to be unpleasant? Cause I didn't really find it so. But then again, I guess I'm one of those people who are able to survive if my parent didn't call me a 'prince'.
Sining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:30 AM   #103
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Was it supposed to be unpleasant? Cause I didn't really find it so. But then again, I guess I'm one of those people who are able to survive if my parent didn't call me a 'prince'.
Chique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:44 AM   #104
Eclipse
Witch Doctor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sining View Post
Wait, so the guy who's saying 'she's hardly a bad mother just cause she didn't call him prince' is the one who's blowing this out of proportion, compared to the people who go "NO! ITS NOT OKAY TO SLIP UP! Y U NO CALL TYGRA PRINCE?!?!" Lol, wut?

Of course it's relevant to the story *probably* but you're also making some assumptions based on what happened after the flashback, which aren't shown. Like her continuing to distance herself from Tygra.

Now you're angry and trying to put words into my mouth. I never said she was a bad mother. Why would you need to defend her from someting I did not say?

Again, what I think and the answers to your questions are here, here and here.

Last edited by Eclipse; 04-15-2012 at 03:10 AM..
Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:15 AM   #105
Sining
Thunder Kitty
First you try to make it seem like I feel that your view on parenting is unpleasant and now you're trying to say I feel angry? Seriously, stop projecting feelings onto me. And you'll notice the quote you quoted me has ME saying that she's hardly a bad mother just cause she didn't call him prince, not you. Why do you assume you're the only one I'm referring to on the board? There are several others who have whined about her doing so you know.

As for parents being able to choose between kids, it happens. Just look at sophie's choice. At least Tygra wasn't gassed to death -_-
Old 04-15-2012, 06:34 AM   #106
theking
Thunder Kitty
Dang, Lion-O's mom was the most beautiful thundercat woman I've seen in the series so far. I hope Lion-O's love interest is even hotter, let Cheetara and Tygra have they're romance. I liked that this episode showed that both Lion-O and Tygra are maturing, and it shows more about Tygra's dislike of his brother, the fact that he lost his mother when she gave birth to Lion-O may have added fuel to the fire. On another note can't wait to see Lion-O get all buff again like in the OS.

This was a bromance episode that scene with Lion-O and Tygra at the end was the highlight

Last edited by theking; 04-15-2012 at 06:52 AM..
theking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:57 AM   #107
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Sining: The scene was clearly meant to be unpleasant, just based on Kid Tygra's reaction to it.

On the episode: I'll say 8 or 9 out of 10, but this is the internet so I'm going to nitpick.

1. There were a LOT of things in this episode that screamed 'not enough time.' They could have given a better explanation for just what Lion-o and Tygra were doing. They could have mentioned Cheetara. Even Lion-o could have had more reaction to his brother saying he lost his two most precious things the day he was born.

I also place the mother's line under this. I think it was visual shorthand for EVERYTHING that changed when Tygra wasn't an only son. And I think it could have been done better. None of this ruined the episode, but it did make it a little disjointed.

2. Better fight choreography than we've had in a while, which I appreciated, and Lion-o fought a lot smarter than the last few times.

3. The Tigers: I think, if they stayed loyal to Mumm-ra (who's some kind of alien devil thing in this world) then the other races were WELL within their rights to ostracize them. And it seems like it was mostly the Tigers that kept the isolation going so long. The others seemingly forgot and would probably (considering how they treated Tygra) have been fine if the Tigers had come out of hiding.

That said, I think it's a shame they're gone. Hopefully they use Bengali to introduce some surviving Tigers.

4. Tygra: I liked that this episode served to illustrate that Tygra is not perfect and then have him grow. This show spends so much time on teaching Lion-o that sometimes it seems to treat the others like moral paragons who don't need to grow. Hopefully those last few scenes mean they'll get along better and I can't wait to see what his whip does.

5. Seems like the Ancient Spirits may be able to pick up the villain slack where Mumm-ra has been failing.

Good episode, more of this please.
KaleRylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:24 AM   #108
Sining
Thunder Kitty
I agree that this episode is basically better than the rest of s2. Although when Lion-O was born, Tygra was what? 4? 5? And he already considered the kingdom his and one of the most important things to him back then? This combined with the way the rest of the Tigers were portrayed in this episode gives me a sense of foreboding.

Yes, the tigers seemed to be one who kept themselves in isolation. Like they said, it was out of pride. I don't think thunderians had anything against tigers considering the king and queen went and adopted one openly. Although now it seems like Lion-O and Tygra are BOTH the last of their particular genus of cats. Actually, so is Cheetara and Panthro....

And why was there no mention of Tygra's mother? What's with all the missing mothers? I'd say they're going to do a flash back on her but all the other Tigers are dead. Unless they come to a tiger/lion village where they do a flashback on tygra's mother leaving tiger village because she didn't want to take part in messing with spirits of evil.

And the ancient spirits of evil really really seem to suck. As far as curses go? That seemed to have been broken a bit too easily. It's a bit like Beauty and the beast, where the beasts are the tigers and Beauty is Tygra. And Tygra learns to accept the
'beasts' for who they really are in inside and the spell is broken. Except Beauty and the Beast was setup that way so that the beast could learn a precious lesson. I don't think the ancient spirits of evil had any such intentions in mind. Plus, their xanatos gambit kind of sucked. If it was so important Tygra die or not fight them, they could have just chosen to do the deal without the sacrifice which would ensure Tygra stays with the Tigers.

And I see Tygra now remembers that thundercats don't run from a fight -_-
Old 04-15-2012, 08:31 AM   #109
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
I agree that this episode is basically better than the rest of s2. Although when Lion-O was born, Tygra was what? 4? 5? And he already considered the kingdom his and one of the most important things to him back then? This combined with the way the rest of the Tigers were portrayed in this episode gives me a sense of foreboding. -_-
I thought this exact same thing. How much older than Lion-o is Tygra? Seems very early to have developed such a strong attachment to the idea of being crown prince.

It gives the people mad at Lion-o's mom some traction though. She seems to have been the reason that Tygra was SO set on being king, AND the reason he realized it had been take from him. Her bad. Although she presumably didn't intend to give her son lifelong trauma.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:48 AM   #110
Sining
Thunder Kitty
I don't know. The whole idea a 4 year old kid can actually get such a strong emotional attachment to the idea "i'm going to rule this someday" kinda boggles the mind. It's a very adult emotion.

Plus, there are 2 types of leaders. Those who want to be leaders and those who want the best for the people/company. Right now, it really seems like Tygra is the former, and those types tend to corrupt easily.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:18 AM   #111
Eclipse
Witch Doctor
So you saw Sophie's Choice and did not realize what having to choose between her children actually does to a mother. You also quote me but you're not talking to me. You were just talking to yourself! Sorry to intrude

Last edited by Eclipse; 04-15-2012 at 09:49 AM..
Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:02 AM   #112
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by stac View Post
Of course I don’t expect an infant to control the balloon. I said it could have been controlled by technological means – I meant something like an auto-pilot or navigation system.
Were you seeing the same balloon I was? All it had was the balloon and the basket. There wasn't any machines or tech connected to it.

Quote:
I’m going to assume, based on what is known so far, that Javon only had two choices – sacrifice Tygra or send him away. In this case, sending Tygra away on a balloon would have been the only correct choice to make if Tygra was to have any chance of survival at all. Tygra’s survival may not have been guaranteed but at least he would have had a chance (however miniscule).
There was a third option. He could have sent an envoy to Thundera for help like he originally wanted to. He wouldn't have had to kill Tygra OR send him away had he done that.

Quote:

Tygra just seems very self-centred here. His father just lost his wife, his younger brother will never get to see his mother and he acts like it only affected him.
Tygra was about two or three years old at the time. Of course he's going to think about how it affects him more than anyone else. Why wouldn't he?

And personally I haven't seen any indication that Lion-O even thinks about his mother much less that her death affected him the same way it did Tygra.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:09 AM   #113
Balgus82
Quote:
I don't know. The whole idea a 4 year old kid can actually get such a strong emotional attachment to the idea "i'm going to rule this someday" kinda boggles the mind. It's a very adult emotion.
Wanting something you're told that you're going to get when you grow up is not an adult emotion. How many kids have dressed in their parent's clothing or girls put on their mother's makeup or wanted to drive a car or numerous other things? Personally I think him wanting to rule has more to do with his wanting acceptance and wanting to follow in Claudus's footsteps. And, I admit, to prove to everyone that when they named Lion-O heir they made the wrong choice (in his opinion).

Btw Tygra's only 2 or 3 years older than Lion-O. Not 4 or 5. The crew put Lion-O's age at 17 and said Tygra was 19/20.

Last edited by Balgus82; 04-15-2012 at 10:15 AM..
Old 04-15-2012, 10:25 AM   #114
Sining
Thunder Kitty
so...at 2-3 years old, he already decided 'i want to be the king' and remembers it very vividly to this day. Man, I don't even have any memories of myself before 3 or 4.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:05 AM   #115
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
so...at 2-3 years old, he already decided 'i want to be the king' and remembers it very vividly to this day. Man, I don't even have any memories of myself before 3 or 4.
I don't think it's possible for a 2-3 year old to remember a lot unless it was very traumatizing.
hollowdheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:09 AM   #116
stac
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Were you seeing the same balloon I was? All it had was the balloon and the basket. There wasn't any machines or tech connected to it.
I was just speculating. The basket seemed quite big. Besides if technology isn’t a probable answer, perhaps it used some kind of magic?

Quote:
There was a third option. He could have sent an envoy to Thundera for help like he originally wanted to. He wouldn't have had to kill Tygra OR send him away had he done that.
Why do you forget what we’ve already discussed so fast? I limited his choices to either sacrifice Tygra or send him away because that was how it was depicted in this episode by the writers.

The envoy to Thundera option would’ve only worked if he hadn’t made a deal with the spirits. Once the deal with the Ancient Spirits had been made, Tygra was a target. All the other Tigers seemed to side against Javon.

Entrusting Tygra to a bunch of Tigers whose lives would have depended on his death does not seem very smart.

He actually sacrificed his people for his son – not a wise decision as a king but perhaps understandable as a father.

Quote:
Tygra was about two or three years old at the time. Of course he's going to think about how it affects him more than anyone else. Why wouldn't he?
I was talking about the present day Tygra, not the 4 year old.

Quote:
And personally I haven't seen any indication that Lion-O even thinks about his mother much less that her death affected him the same way it did Tygra.
True that does not excuse Tygra's statement. Besides, where else have we seen how much his mother’s death affected Tygra other than this episode?
Old 04-15-2012, 11:15 AM   #117
Balgus82
Quote:
He didn't remember. He said he was told the story later when he was older didnt he?

Last edited by Balgus82; 04-15-2012 at 11:20 AM..
Old 04-15-2012, 11:19 AM   #118
Balgus82
Quote:
The envoy to Thundera option would’ve only worked if he hadn’t made a deal with the spirits. Once the deal with the Ancient Spirits had been made, Tygra was a target. All the other Tigers seemed to side against Javon.
I don't agree. When the spirits found out Tygra hadn't been killed they released the disease again. Why didn't they go to Thundera then? Becuase of their pride, which was partly what the episode was about. It wasn't because they didn't have the choice. And if, like you seem to be assuming, the Balloon purposefully went to Thundera, he could've had Tygra back.

They still followed Javan as a leader after that even if they hated that he didn't kill Tygra. Why wouldn't they have followed him to Thundera?

Btw another reason I don't think it went to Thundera on purpose was because of how surprised everyone was that he ended up there.

Last edited by Balgus82; 04-15-2012 at 11:22 AM..
Old 04-15-2012, 11:44 AM   #119
L08e16o
Quote:
The episode was good, but not enough to start cheerleading for Team Tygra.

Yes, Tygra was a charming cub but a single episode isn’t enough to address the issues surrounding his character:

-Tygra doesn’t even mention Cheetara once. Not even when he mentions staying with the Tiger Clan. Are the writers attempting to downplay this triangle or does it not matter anymore?

-Tygra’s father did not know what the Ancient Spirits would demand from him when he asked for their help. What exactly did Tygra have to forgive his father for? Not killing him and instead sending him to Thundera where he had quite a good life and was raised by a loving mother and a father who favoured him?

-Tygra implied that Lion-O’s birth led to him losing his mother and his kingdom. Is he so selfish that he forgot that Lion-O never got to meet her? Tygra had three parents who loved him; Lion-O had only one who wasn’t even very nice until the end.

-Lion-O just gambled his soul in order to save the others and he is still rewarded with Tygra’s perpetual whining. How much more could he have possibly griped about losing “everything” he cares about or Lion-O “taking” everything away?

-Finally, why is finding a place where he could “belong” suddenly such an important issue for Tygra? The writers have never really focused on this before. On the contrary, it was Lion-O who never really ‘belonged’ in Thundera – Tygra did a much better job at that.

If it takes Lion-O, who can be brash and immature 16 episodes to learn his “lessons” then 1 episode should not suffice for Tygra who is way too self-centred and arrogant.
I think we were seeing everything through tygra's eyes, not lion-o's this whole time.

This is what makes lion-o different, he cares.

They don't have the time to spend on tygra, we still got he kittens, cheetara, and mummra to go.

I liked it and I didn't think bad of anyone. I was happy tygra was able to deal with his pride that has held him back and now T/L will have a real brother relastionship.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:44 AM   #120
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
This was a fantastic episode IMO. Good story telling and it didn't feel rushed to me. Bravo!
AlexofThundera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:52 AM   #121
L08e16o
Quote:
I agree that this episode is basically better than the rest of s2. Although when Lion-O was born, Tygra was what? 4? 5? And he already considered the kingdom his and one of the most important things to him back then? This combined with the way the rest of the Tigers were portrayed in this episode gives me a sense of foreboding.

Yes, the tigers seemed to be one who kept themselves in isolation. Like they said, it was out of pride. I don't think thunderians had anything against tigers considering the king and queen went and adopted one openly. Although now it seems like Lion-O and Tygra are BOTH the last of their particular genus of cats. Actually, so is Cheetara and Panthro....

And why was there no mention of Tygra's mother? What's with all the missing mothers? I'd say they're going to do a flash back on her but all the other Tigers are dead. Unless they come to a tiger/lion village where they do a flashback on tygra's mother leaving tiger village because she didn't want to take part in messing with spirits of evil.

And the ancient spirits of evil really really seem to suck. As far as curses go? That seemed to have been broken a bit too easily. It's a bit like Beauty and the beast, where the beasts are the tigers and Beauty is Tygra. And Tygra learns to accept the
'beasts' for who they really are in inside and the spell is broken. Except Beauty and the Beast was setup that way so that the beast could learn a precious lesson. I don't think the ancient spirits of evil had any such intentions in mind. Plus, their xanatos gambit kind of sucked. If it was so important Tygra die or not fight them, they could have just chosen to do the deal without the sacrifice which would ensure Tygra stays with the Tigers.

And I see Tygra now remembers that thundercats don't run from a fight -_-
I laughed at your last sentence, brought up episode 14 again.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:56 AM   #122
L08e16o
Quote:
I was just speculating. The basket seemed quite big. Besides if technology isn’t a probable answer, perhaps it used some kind of magic?

Why do you forget what we’ve already discussed so fast? I limited his choices to either sacrifice Tygra or send him away because that was how it was depicted in this episode by the writers.

Entrusting Tygra to a bunch of Tigers whose lives would have depended on his death does not seem very smart.

He actually sacrificed his people for his son – not a wise decision as a king but perhaps understandable as a father.

I was talking about the present day Tygra, not the 4 year old.

True that does not excuse Tygra's statement. Besides, where else have we seen how much his mother’s death affected Tygra other than this episode?
In episode 13, tygra said you took her from me. He is talking about his mother.

Even though she was lion-o's real mother, she is actually tygra's mother. She raised him.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:57 AM   #123
L08e16o
Quote:
I don't agree. When the spirits found out Tygra hadn't been killed they released the disease again. Why didn't they go to Thundera then? Becuase of their pride, which was partly what the episode was about. It wasn't because they didn't have the choice. And if, like you seem to be assuming, the Balloon purposefully went to Thundera, he could've had Tygra back.

They still followed Javan as a leader after that even if they hated that he didn't kill Tygra. Why wouldn't they have followed him to Thundera?

Btw another reason I don't think it went to Thundera on purpose was because of how surprised everyone was that he ended up there.
It is fate that he showed up there. The core players are being gathered for the big show down.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:02 PM   #124
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowdheart View Post
If we had seen him feeling like an outcast, and shown it, then i wouldn't have to be questioning it. But it just seems odd, given that now we're told he felt like an outcast.
Maybe he never felt like he belong, because there were no other tigers. Just saying.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:05 PM   #125
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickanu View Post
I was talking to somebody and she brought up a good point...why are they looking for a passages through the mountains.....what about the third stone....the one up on the cliff...I didn't see any snow covered mountains anywhere by that cliff.....

am I missing something?....if the stone is not up on that cliff then why did the book point up?
Look at the title of the last episodes. What lies above. That stone will be the last one.

Remember they went to mummra's lair, that was probably really far away. So there might be another stone closer.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:07 PM   #126
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantheman77 View Post
I think Tygra should have understood Lion-O more when Lion-O wasn't favored by Claudus because here it seems Lion-O was connected with Tygra's real father a lot more than Tygra did and this may have caused Tygra to feel resentful. Last episode should have Tygra understanding Lion-O better after what he goes through as king in his absence. Not only is Tygra not admitting he's wrong as his character flaw, so is his self-centeredness.
Remember the tigers pride hold them back from seeing this.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:16 PM   #127
stac
Thunder Kitty
Quote:

Javon did not seem to have the same kind of authority that Claudus had. Something about the way the other Tigers openly disagreed and sided against him.

If the Ancient Spirits released the disease again, why should he have brought Tygra back? It would have simply made it much simpler for the tigers who knew of Javon’s deceit to just sacrifice Tygra and rid themselves of the disease.

Quote:
Well, they were definitely surprised that he became a “prince among lions.” I’m not sure if they also seemed startled at his return or that he was alive. As for Javon, he only said that it was “quite a surprise” to see Tygra.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:18 PM   #128
stac
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
In episode 13, tygra said you took her from me. He is talking about his mother.

Even though she was lion-o's real mother, she is actually tygra's mother. She raised him.
I would have agreed, if at any time until that point (episode 13) the issue of their mother’s death had been brought up.

Instead, the triangle was in full swing and it seemed obvious that Tygra was referring to Lion-O “taking” Cheetara.
Now, with the latest episode, the “you took her” line is at best unclear.

If Tygra meant that Lion-O “took” his mother away from him then it still does not speak well of him.

He said it as though Lion-O was born with the sole intention of denying him what he wants.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:39 PM   #129
L08e16o
Quote:
I would have agreed, if at any time until that point (episode 13) the issue of their mother’s death had been brought up.

Instead, the triangle was in full swing and it seemed obvious that Tygra was referring to Lion-O “taking” Cheetara.
Now, with the latest episode, the “you took her” line is at best unclear.

If Tygra meant that Lion-O “took” his mother away from him then it still does not speak well of him.

He said it as though Lion-O was born with the sole intention of denying him what he wants.
He probably grew up that way and seeing lion-o slack off made him resent him more.

It makes sense that he was referring to the mother now, because his deeper emotions were surfacing in the AP.

You know how kids can be and if you grew up that way, it can make you very bitter. I not saying it is right, but it happens.
Old 04-15-2012, 04:19 PM   #130
Thunderian scholar
Jaga's disciple
episode was fast from the storytelling point. Felt like the 22 mins went in 10 - nevetheless very insightful about Tygra and why he acts like how he is. I am sure, they planned the whole thing beforehand, the triangle and Tygra's background. It's good to see, that Tygra can be a nice guy instead of being a constant jerk at times.
Thunderian scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:07 PM   #131
stac
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
He probably grew up that way and seeing lion-o slack off made him resent him more.

It makes sense that he was referring to the mother now, because his deeper emotions were surfacing in the AP.

You know how kids can be and if you grew up that way, it can make you very bitter. I not saying it is right, but it happens.
Sure, I understand what you mean.

I brought that up because I sometimes notice a tendency among Tygra fans to downplay his faults while holding Lion-O to higher standards.
I can just imagine the uproar if Lion-O said similar things to Tygra or kicked Tygra Spartan-style into a hole etc.

Personally, this episode was a step in the right direction and the writers should spend more time on Tygra to make him more… likeable.

At this point, Lion-O seems like a thoughtful, caring, friendly idealist who can be brash and immature at times while Tygra comes off as an arrogant, self-righteous, entitled jerk who can occasionally be nice and do the right thing.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:02 PM   #132
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:

The first part I very much agree with you. Children are fundamentally selfish creatures, even when they're being nice, they usually don't truly understand other people's emotions.

The second part though I think was a victim of a very dense plot. Lion-o has very little emotional reaction to anything in this episode. He's standing right behind Tygra as he says that the day Lion-o was born he lost the two most important things in his life (which is pretty rude) and Lion-o just has this zoned out look on his face. I think they just wanted to focus on Tygra's emotions.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:08 PM   #133
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleRylan View Post
The first part I very much agree with you. Children are fundamentally selfish creatures, even when they're being nice, they usually don't truly understand other people's emotions.

The second part though I think was a victim of a very dense plot. Lion-o has very little emotional reaction to anything in this episode. He's standing right behind Tygra as he says that the day Lion-o was born he lost the two most important things in his life (which is pretty rude) and Lion-o just has this zoned out look on his face. I think they just wanted to focus on Tygra's emotions.
Lion-O is far more mature in this episode than he has been lately. What his brother said may have sounded selfish, but he's just going to let it slide because he knows he's going through an emotional and mental rollercoaster right now (after all, he's been there himself). It's true the animators could have made him look sad without him saying anything, but I think it works better if he stays strong for the sake of Tygra.
SirSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:12 PM   #134
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by theking View Post
This was a bromance episode that scene with Lion-O and Tygra at the end was the highlight
As long as they will not develop the "bromance" further...

Old 04-15-2012, 06:56 PM   #135
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSapphire View Post
Lion-O is far more mature in this episode than he has been lately. What his brother said may have sounded selfish, but he's just going to let it slide because he knows he's going through an emotional and mental rollercoaster right now (after all, he's been there himself). It's true the animators could have made him look sad without him saying anything, but I think it works better if he stays strong for the sake of Tygra.
fair enough. That's a reasonable explanation.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:07 PM   #136
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:

While it does make sense that Tygra may have been referring to their mother there, we have absolutely NO proof of that. Until they say something (which they're not likely to) it's just conjecture.

Given that one of the major points of that episode was the triangle, I'm inclined to believe he was talking about Cheetara.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:16 PM   #137
Sining
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
He didn't remember. He said he was told the story later when he was older didnt he?
I don't think that's true though. According to you, he's 2-3 yrs older than Lion-O which means he was 2-3 years old when Lion-O was born and when that particular flashback took place. IF he was told the story, I don't think it would have been in such detail that they would mention 'oh hey, btw, your mother? She didn't call you prince starting from then' It's probably something he remembered.

Plus why were the two of them out by themselves? Where are the rest of the thundercats? Did they learn nothing from the last 2 episodes on why they should never split the party? Did they even mention what they were searching for?
Old 04-15-2012, 08:16 PM   #138
Ruthie
Thunder Kitty
Well, since several others have said about the episode and character interactions what I would have said, I'll just use this post to comment on this....

I want a baby Tygra doll NOW!
Ruthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:35 PM   #139
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthie View Post
Well, since several others have said about the episode and character interactions what I would have said, I'll just use this post to comment on this....

I want a baby Tygra doll NOW!
One that sings and cries ! That was a cute baby.

I know some people feel put out with the lack of emotion from Claudus after the Queen died, but I think he was holding it in for Tygra's sake. Or maybe he struggles with showing emotion?

Love an episode that can make me laugh and cry. I feel like Javan was the most emotionally driven character we've ever met. Sucks that the clan ended like that.
On that note, who thinks were going to get a reset button at the end of the series? Didn't the writers confirm that there were very few cats left? Are they gonna just die off in a few generations?
Old 04-15-2012, 08:45 PM   #140
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
I don't think that's true though. According to you, he's 2-3 yrs older than Lion-O which means he was 2-3 years old when Lion-O was born and when that particular flashback took place. IF he was told the story, I don't think it would have been in such detail that they would mention 'oh hey, btw, your mother? She didn't call you prince starting from then' It's probably something he remembered.

Plus why were the two of them out by themselves? Where are the rest of the thundercats? Did they learn nothing from the last 2 episodes on why they should never split the party? Did they even mention what they were searching for?
Regarding the second half of your post.

I'm going to assume the Tank has issues with snow. Otherwise, why brave that weather on your feet? Maybe the tank was low on fuel? Scouting a trail was just a convenient excuse to get the brothers alone. Which, I don't see the huge issue with
Old 04-15-2012, 08:58 PM   #141
Sining
Thunder Kitty
It's more of a precautionary measure since they know the new generals are apparently out to get them and are capable of doing so. I would at least have expected them to stick together for safety. Or you know, at least have the cleric accompany them since both of them are the last of the royal line, which clerics are in charge of protecting -_- Would be kind of hard to protect them if she's not around. At least none of them mentioned the dreaded 'hey, this seems like it would be a good spot for an ambush' line

Btw, they never explained why Tygra can do the invisibility thing. Is that something given to Tigers, some tigers or is it just Tygra alone?
Old 04-15-2012, 09:20 PM   #142
Jack-Pumpkinhead
Thunderan Thespian
OK, finally got on here to post my thoughts;
Very nice episode. Mostly filling in backstory and world-building, but very good. I hadn't thought about it, but yeah, there's no tigers in Thundera. Also seeing the Ancient Spirits of Evil is always fun. The only thing I was expecting and didn't get was a cameo from Ben-Gali. So overall, a solid B+ episode. Yay!
Jack-Pumpkinhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:20 PM   #143
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
As long as they will not develop the "bromance" further...

Old 04-15-2012, 09:21 PM   #144
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
One that sings and cries ! That was a cute baby.

I know some people feel put out with the lack of emotion from Claudus after the Queen died, but I think he was holding it in for Tygra's sake. Or maybe he struggles with showing emotion?

Love an episode that can make me laugh and cry. I feel like Javan was the most emotionally driven character we've ever met. Sucks that the clan ended like that.
On that note, who thinks were going to get a reset button at the end of the series? Didn't the writers confirm that there were very few cats left? Are they gonna just die off in a few generations?
I think Claudus was a stoic. That's how I read his character from the premiere as well. I think he had a strong focus on duty, responsibility, and keeping his 'leader face' on at all times. That kind of personality can be rough in emotional scenes like that, but I did feel like it was very in character for him.

I'm also sad that they killed Javan so quickly. I've come to appreciate in the last few years how much having LIVING family members can contribute to a plot. And I think having Tygra's living father would have been an interesting counterpoint to Claudus in the flashbacks.

I don't know if they've confirmed there are a small number of cats left, but I've got to imagine we're going to get one of a few things:
1. a handwave since it's a kid show that they'll be perfectly okay rebuilding their society with two or three females. Even though that makes no sense.

2. A new thundera thing where all of the sudden it will be discovered that there are a fairly large number of cats left, they were just scattered, and they'll all come back and rebuild thundera.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:22 PM   #145
L08e16o
Quote:
While it does make sense that Tygra may have been referring to their mother there, we have absolutely NO proof of that. Until they say something (which they're not likely to) it's just conjecture.

Given that one of the major points of that episode was the triangle, I'm inclined to believe he was talking about Cheetara.
I dsagree. He said he lost the two things he cherished most, Mother and Crown.

The AP was brining up these emotions that were buried. Just like his memories of tygra making lion-o fall in the pit. These were all emotions that tygra really feels.

Last edited by L08e16o; 04-15-2012 at 09:25 PM..
Old 04-15-2012, 09:23 PM   #146
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
Regarding the second half of your post.

I'm going to assume the Tank has issues with snow. Otherwise, why brave that weather on your feet? Maybe the tank was low on fuel? Scouting a trail was just a convenient excuse to get the brothers alone. Which, I don't see the huge issue with
This I agree with. They could have been more clever about it, but in the end I don't think it's a big deal.

My only concern about it is that this is sort of a pattern for these writers; they have something want to happen, but they can't figure out how to make it happen, so they just do it anyway and to hell with an explanation.

In this episode I thought it was fine, but overall I think it's something they need to work on.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:24 PM   #147
L08e16o
Quote:

This episode was meant for tygra and lion-o only.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:27 PM   #148
Sining
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
This episode was meant for tygra and lion-o only.
I understand that, but like Kale said, it's never explained why only the two of them are out by themselves. It's a minor issue but it's still a 'writer wants X outcome so everything will lead to X outcome no matter how ridiculous it is'. It's just less horrible writing than their fight scenes.

Edit: one way they could have solved it was 'everyone went to track together but they got separated and lost or something. Or maybe the avalanche led to them getting separated.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:28 PM   #149
L08e16o
Quote:
I understand that, but like Kyle said, it's never explained why only the two of them are out by themselves. It's a minor issue but it's still a 'writer wants X outcome so everything will lead to X outcome no matter how ridiculous it is'. It's just less horrible writing than their fight scenes.
What I notice about these episodes are you can't really read to much into them. You have to take them at face value.

The next episode is about kit and kat. They might be out in the jungle and we have no clue why.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:29 PM   #150
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
I don't know if they've confirmed there are a small number of cats left, but I've got to imagine we're going to get one of a few things:
1. a handwave since it's a kid show that they'll be perfectly okay rebuilding their society with two or three females. Even though that makes no sense.

2. A new thundera thing where all of the sudden it will be discovered that there are a fairly large number of cats left, they were just scattered, and they'll all come back and rebuild thundera.
The Crew Of Omens blog confirmed that some cats were killed in the fall of Thundera, others were either taken as slaves or fled into the mountains to hide, so there's still plenty left. It's just a matter of finding them all, and right now that's not the priority.
SirSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote