TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Litter Box - Off Topic > Toys
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2011, 01:10 PM   #501
ThundeRSS
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Originally posted by: BCYOJOE @ HissTank.com

Quote:
From the G. I. Joe Collectors’ Club Website...

Gracing the cover of our August issue are two of the "hottest" exclusives from the San Diego Comic-Con! Zarana in her Classic outfit and the variant version with her sporting the Cold Slither outfit. Click the story thumbnail to check them out!

This Issue is packed from cover to cover with all kinds of great G.I. Joe content this month, including some in depth new comic and cartoon reviews, an ALL-NEW installment of the Dial-Tone chronicles, the next chapter in the Adventure Team story starring the Man of Action, exclusive character dossiers and so much more!
Original Source: G. I. Joe Collectors' Club Magazine August 2011 Preview - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
ThundeRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:30 PM   #502
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: DESTRO @ HissTank.com

Quote:
We have received a new update from Toyark Sponsor Past Generation Toys.

This week @ PastGenerationToys.com

The new Past Generation Toys website is here! Lots of preorders listed, new items and best seller! Check out the site today!

PreOrders

Check out the Action Figure PreOrders including products from Bowen Designs, DC Direct, DC Universe Classics, Masters of the Universe Classics, Gentle Giant, GI Joe, Marvel Universe, Star Wars, Thor, Transformers, Living Dead Dolls, Mezits and lots of video games related toys!

New Items

Hasbro toys including Transformers Dark of the Moon, Botcon 2011 Exclusives, Captain America, GI Joe, Star Wars Saga Legends, and Thor

DC Direct including Brightest Day and Arkham Asylum Series 2

LEGO

Mattel toys including Green Lantern, Masters of the Universe Classics and WWE

Bowen Designs, Sideshow and Gentle Giant

Video Game toys including Gears of War 2, Super Mario Bros., and God of War 3

Don’t forget to check out the PGT Blog being written by R. Ticulation and to follow Past Generation Toys on Twitter, @pastgentoys, and/or “Like” Past Generation Toys on Facebook!

http://pastgenerationtoys.blogspot.com/

http://twitter.com/pastgentoys

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Pas...s/271832721387
Original Source: Sponsor Update - Past Generation Toys 7-25-11 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-26-2011, 08:10 PM   #503
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: Shin Densetsu @ HissTank.com

Quote:
So it turns out that initial report of the Sgt Savage character Mouse In GI Joe II turned out to be legit. Actor John Mazzello has been cast as Mouse in GI Joe II. John Mazzello has appeared in Jurassic Park and The Pacific to name a few. Here's more from Deadline:

Joe Mazzello has been set to play the role of Mouse in G.I. Joe 2: Cobra Strikes, a role a lot of young guys wanted in the Jon M. Chu-directed Paramount film that stars Channing Tatum, Dwayne Johnson, Adrianne Palicki and Ray Stevenson. Mazzello, the kid in the original Jurassic Park, most recently co-starred in the Emmy-winning HBO miniseries The Pacific and was last seen in The Social Network.

What do you think of this casting choice?
Original Source: John Mazzello Is Mouse In GI Joe II - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-26-2011, 09:30 PM   #504
ThundeRSS

Quote:
So it turns out that initial report of the Sgt Savage character Mouse In GI Joe II turned out to be legit. Actor Joe Mazzello has been cast as Mouse in GI Joe II. Joe Mazzello has appeared in Jurassic Park and The Pacific to name a few. Here's more from Deadline:

Joe Mazzello has been set to play the role of Mouse in G.I. Joe 2: Cobra Strikes, a role a lot of young guys wanted in the Jon M. Chu-directed Paramount film that stars Channing Tatum, Dwayne Johnson, Adrianne Palicki and Ray Stevenson. Mazzello, the kid in the original Jurassic Park, most recently co-starred in the Emmy-winning HBO miniseries The Pacific and was last seen in The Social Network.

What do you think of this casting choice?
Original Source: Joe Mazzello Is Mouse In GI Joe II - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-27-2011, 03:51 PM   #505
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: Deefuzz @ HissTank.com

Quote:
ComingSoon.net has just reported that the release date for the G.I. Joe movie sequel, being referred to as Retaliation, will open on June 29th, 2012. ComingSoon.net has also gone on to say that they have confirmed that no official title has been chosen for the film.

It was also stated that the Star Trek sequel being directed by JJ Abrams (also a Paramount movie like the G.I. Joe sequel) was originally supposed to open at the June 29th slot but will now be pushed back to the 2012 Holiday or even Summer of 2013, and the vacant slot was given to the G.I. Joe sequel directed by Jon M. Chu.

If the news is accurate, this puts the sequel less than a year a way from fans of the franchise.
Original Source: G.I. Joe 2 Release Date Set for June 29th, 2012 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-27-2011, 06:20 PM   #506
ThundeRSS

Quote:
SDCC San Diego Comic-Con 2011 Exclusives

We all know that SDCC 2011 G.I. Joe exclusives are sold out. HISS Tank.com has set up a thread to help people who missed out get their case fresh Sky Screamers and Zarana! It's time to start tracking down what you missed out on. Below you'll find listings on some of the best exclusives and make sure to check out the thread attached to this news post for your want list.

Starscream Sky Striker With Cobra Commander

SDCC 2011 Modern Zarana & Cold Slither Zarana

SDCC 2011 Exclusives From All Other Brands!

Still Looking for a good deal on SDCC Exclusives? Post you SDCC 2011 wants and deals by clicking the Discuss Button.
Original Source: SDCC San Diego Comic-Con 2011 Exclusives - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-28-2011, 03:10 PM   #507
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: Super_Megatron @ HissTank.com

Quote:
The 2011 Canadian 80 Toy Expo is THIS SUNDAY, July 31st, at the Delta Meadowvale Resort and Conference Centre in Mississauga, Ontario. FREE PARKING!

The show features dealers selling Super Heroes (Marvel, DC etc), Transformers (vintage and Japanese imports), Star Wars (new and vintage), GIJoe (vintage and modern), Wrestling, Masters of the Universe and tons of other Action Figures and collectibles. For more details go to the Canadian 80s Toy Expo website.

The show features Canada's largest dealer room for 80s Toy releated merchandise, question and answer panels and autograph sessions with many special guests, a costume and customs contest and fan discussion panels.

GARRY CHALK - Optimus Primal from Beast Wars and Beast Machines plus Optimus Prime in Transformers Armada/Energon/Cybertron; Gristle, Metal-Head, Pathfinder, Shockwave, Cesspool, BIOK from G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero plus Lieutenant Stone in G.I. Joe Extreme; Man-At-Arm and Whiplash in He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (2002) plus He-Man, Artilla, President Pell, Alcon, Sgt. Krone, Andros, Gross in The New Adventures of He-Man. His TV roles consist of Colonel Chekov in Stargate SG-1, Inspector Andrew Pawlachuk in Cold Squad, Lt. Walter Eastep in Dark Angel, Lt. Michael Oakes in The Killing and so much more. His move roles include The Fly II, Freddy vs. Jason, Deck the Halls, Watchmen and Scooby-Doo! The Mystery Begins.

SIMON FURMAN - The author of Marvel UK’s Transformers series, Marvel US’s Transformers issues 56-80 and Transformers Generation 2 comic, the Beast Wars cartoon episode Nemesis Part 2, the Dreamwave comics War Within, Armada and Energon, the Transformers: The Ultimate Guide and the first five Generation 1 mini-series for IDW as well as numerous Spotlight issues; Mr. Furman will be taking part in a Q&A panel and autograph sessions for the first time ever in Canada.

PAUL EIDING - The voice actor behind Perceptor in the original Transformers cartoon, Roy Campbell in the Metal Gear series, the narrator in Diablo, Judicator Aldaris in StarCraft, and Grandpa Max Tennyson in Ben 10.

SMITH HART - Former professional wrestler. He is the eldest child of Stu Hart and brother of Bret "The Hitman" Hart

501st CANADIAN GARRISON - Bring your camera for photo ops with Darth Vader, Boba Fett, Stormtroopers and more!

ONTARIO GHOSTBUSTERS - Bring your camera for photo ops with Ghostbusters replica costumed fans!

Plus artists Alex Milne, Matt Moylan, Marvin Mariano and Dan Khanna
Original Source: The 2011 80s Toy Expo is THIS SUNDAY July 31st - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-28-2011, 03:50 PM   #508
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: Super_Megatron @ HissTank.com

Quote:
The 2011 Canadian 80 Toy Expo is THIS SUNDAY, July 31st, at the Delta Meadowvale Resort and Conference Centre in Mississauga, Ontario. FREE PARKING!

The show features dealers selling Super Heroes (Marvel, DC etc), Transformers (vintage and Japanese imports), Star Wars (new and vintage), GIJoe (vintage and modern), Wrestling, Masters of the Universe and tons of other Action Figures and collectibles. For more details go to the Canadian 80s Toy Expo website.

The show features Canada's largest dealer room for 80s Toy releated merchandise, question and answer panels and autograph sessions with many special guests, a costume and customs contest and fan discussion panels.

GARRY CHALK - Optimus Primal from Beast Wars and Beast Machines plus Optimus Prime in Transformers Armada/Energon/Cybertron; Gristle, Metal-Head, Pathfinder, Shockwave, Cesspool, BIOK from G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero plus Lieutenant Stone in G.I. Joe Extreme; Man-At-Arm and Whiplash in He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (2002) plus He-Man, Artilla, President Pell, Alcon, Sgt. Krone, Andros, Gross in The New Adventures of He-Man. His TV roles consist of Colonel Chekov in Stargate SG-1, Inspector Andrew Pawlachuk in Cold Squad, Lt. Walter Eastep in Dark Angel, Lt. Michael Oakes in The Killing and so much more. His move roles include The Fly II, Freddy vs. Jason, Deck the Halls, Watchmen and Scooby-Doo! The Mystery Begins.

SIMON FURMAN - The author of Marvel UK’s Transformers series, Marvel US’s Transformers issues 56-80 and Transformers Generation 2 comic, the Beast Wars cartoon episode Nemesis Part 2, the Dreamwave comics War Within, Armada and Energon, the Transformers: The Ultimate Guide and the first five Generation 1 mini-series for IDW as well as numerous Spotlight issues; Mr. Furman will be taking part in a Q&A panel and autograph sessions for the first time ever in Canada.

PAUL EIDING - The voice actor behind Perceptor in the original Transformers cartoon, Roy Campbell in the Metal Gear series, the narrator in Diablo, Judicator Aldaris in StarCraft, and Grandpa Max Tennyson in Ben 10.

SMITH HART - Former professional wrestler. He is the eldest child of Stu Hart and brother of Bret "The Hitman" Hart

501st CANADIAN GARRISON - Bring your camera for photo ops with Darth Vader, Boba Fett, Stormtroopers and more!

ONTARIO GHOSTBUSTERS - Bring your camera for photo ops with Ghostbusters replica costumed fans!

Plus artists Alex Milne, Matt Moylan, Marvin Mariano and Dan Khanna
Original Source: The 2011 Canadian 80s Toy Expo is THIS SUNDAY July 31st - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-28-2011, 08:50 PM   #509
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Now, this may sound a bit weird but rumors are surfacing regarding a casting call for two young African-American Twin Girls.

If the rumor is true then they may very well be looking for the young girls to play the part of younger selves of two Twin characters (as a flashback scene or something). This is just a guess on this writer's side. Who knows?

The rumor is mind-numbing, this just… no… can’t be the Crimson Twins; Tomax and Xamot!?!

Back in February there were some rumors circulating around the internet mentioning the Crimson Twins in the sequel yet portrayed much differently than we know. Could this casting news be that rumor coming to life?
Original Source: G. I. Joe II Casting Rumor - Twin Girls - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-28-2011, 09:40 PM   #510
ThundeRSS

Quote:
We've got a preview for Cobra #3, released yesterday by IDW.

Cobra #3
Mike Costa (w) • Antonio Fuso (a) • David Williams, Fuso (c)
Tomax has had a bad year. He lost his twin brother, the only person he ever cared about. Cobra considers him a basket case and he's been captured by G.I. JOE in a failed assassination attempt. But has losing Xamot broken him... or made him even more dangerous? Cobra's biggest wild-card gets played as the COBRA CIVIL WAR marches on.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
*2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio.
*Retailers: See your order form for incentive information.

*Variant covers:
David Williams variant cover

Bullet points:
• A COBRA CIVIL WAR tie-in!
• The fate of Tomax—REVEALED!

Itching for a taste of what happens in this issue? Read on!
Original Source: Cobra #3 Preview - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-28-2011, 11:30 PM   #511
ThundeRSS

Quote:
We've got the latest update from site sponsor BigBadToyStore! Don't miss out on their Inventory Clearance Sale, where you can pick up a set of both GI Joe Resolute Box Sets for $58+shipping!

Read on for the complete update!
Original Source: Site Sponsor Update BigBadToyStore July 28th 2011 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-29-2011, 04:30 PM   #512
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Here we are bringing you the IDW October 2011 G. I. Joe Solicitations.
  • G.I. JOE #6
  • COBRA #6
  • SNAKE EYES #6
  • G.I. JOE: A REAL AMERICAN HERO #171
  • G.I. JOE OMNIBUS, VOL. 1 TPB
  • G.I. JOE, VOL. 1: COBRA CIVIL WAR TPB
Findout more about each solicitation, after the jump.
Original Source: IDW October 2011 G. I. Joe Solicitations - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-30-2011, 04:30 AM   #513
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Check out numbers' latest installment of Ages 25 and Up, file #149, Backlot Backstabbing! Read on to check it out, and give some feedback!
Original Source: Ages 25 And Up #149 Backlot Backstabbing - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-30-2011, 07:00 AM   #514
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Recently, the MTV Movies Blog posted an article and video where they chatted for a bit with Channing Tatum. However, interestingly enough, that article also mentioned that actor Stephen Martines is rumored to play Cross Country:

...the new movie will feature Stephen Martines rumored to play Cross-Country..

More news as this develops. Do you think Martines would be a good choice to play Cross Country?
Original Source: GI Joe 2 Stephen Martines As Cross Country Rumor - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-30-2011, 12:40 PM   #515
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: TTT @ HissTank.com

Quote:
HISSTank.com member Cloud Strife updated his modern era Dreadnoks with his custom Cobra Dreadnok set.

Included are improved versions of Torch, Ripper, Buzzer, Monkeywrench, Gnawgahyde, Zandar, Zanzibar, Thrasher and Road Pig.

Click the Discuss button for all the pics & details
Original Source: Custom Cobra Dreadnok Set - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-31-2011, 12:10 PM   #516
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Thanks to HISS Tank.com boards member Orezona for posting up his custom Cobra Air Force Sky Rattler made from a G.I. Joe 30th Anniversary Celebration Sky Striker!

Sky Rattler

To view this awesome Sky Rattler custom click the Discuss Button.
Original Source: Cobra Air Force Sky Rattler G.I. Joe 30th Anniversary Celebration Custom - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 08-01-2011, 09:10 AM   #517
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISS Tank.com is proud to bring you an exclusive sneak peak at the upcoming GI Joe Movie Operation: Red Retrieval! The trailer is for the 20 minute film featuring GI Joe vs. Cobra agents in ARAH style. Special thanks to "Director" Mark Cheng for giving us the heads up.

More can be learned and seen on the film's website, www.GIJoeFanFilm.com.
Original Source: GI Joe Movie Operation: Red Retrieval - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 08-01-2011, 02:00 PM   #518
ThundeRSS

Quote:
To say we took a ton of images across all of our sister sites during San Diego Comic Con 2011 would be a huge understatement. In total we had 1,000+ images. Here are some images we missed during our initial go around. Shown here are images of GI Joe Fan Art on display during the con, featuring:
  • Storm Shadow
  • Snake Eyes
Check them out after the jump!
Original Source: SDCC 2011 GI Joe Fan Art - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 08-01-2011, 02:40 PM   #519
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The 4th round of Hasbro 2011 GI Joe Q&A is upon us and we are taking questions now! Let's face it, we didn't see much at San Diego Comic Con 2011. Nothing new for the GI Joe 30th Anniversary. Nothing new on GI Joe Renegades. So undoubtedly that inner nerd rage is boiling and you've got QUESTIONS that you DEMAND answers to! So go ahead and post your questions for the GI Joe design team, BUT, take the following into consideration:

Topics open for discussion –Deco Decisions, Design Choices, Design Product Development and Redeco/Retooling.Also, questions pertaining to past and curren Strategy and Marketing.
Topics that cannot be addressed -“When will X toy be made/redesigned/released, Hypothetical, Sales/Cost Data, Product Idea Submissions, Potential Design/Redesign Future Movie/Entertainment.

Knowing is half the battle, post your questions now! Questions are due Monday August 8th.
Original Source: Hasbro 2011 GI Joe Q&A Round 4 Post Questions Now! - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 08-01-2011, 07:40 PM   #520
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The October 9th, 2011 NJCC will feature many door prize give-aways that will include hard to find sold out SDCC 2011 Exclusive items. Door Prizes will be raffled off throughout the day. Every attendee will have a chance to win! Each General Admission purchase will receive one raffle ticket. Double your chances and arrive early! Each Early Admission purchase will receive two raffle tickets.

The October 9th, 2011 NJCC show will feature a special Early Admission Mega Door Prize! One lucky fan attending New Jersey Collectors Con during early admission hours 8AM - 10AM will be walking away with the sold out SDCC 2011 Starscream Sky Striker With Cobra Commander aka SkyScream! The box art to this amazing exclusive features old school 80's G.I. Joe vs. Transformers comic book art.

NJCC 2011 has just posted up information for Dealers and Exhibitors for the October 9th, 2011 80′s TOYPOCALYPSE!

Do you have a G.I. Joe or 80's Toy collection you want to sell? Looking to trim your collection to make room for the new 30th Anniversary Celebration Toys? NJCC 2011 is the perfect place to set up, sell, and hang out with hundreds of fellow G.I. Joe and 80's Toy Fans.

Join us on FaceBook New Jersey Collectors Con

This is just the first of many updates for the next NJCC 2011 - Stay Tuned.........
Original Source: NJCC October 9th 2011 Early Admission Mega Door Prize - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 08-02-2011, 11:10 AM   #521
ThundeRSS

Quote:
For those who read Transformers: Foundation, Rising Storm and Sector 7… you all know who John Barber is. Mr. Barber tied all the Movie Prequel, Sequel Comic Books as well as the three Michael Bay Transformers movies into one single story and as a result earning a lot of respect from the TF Fans.

He’s now the Editor at IDW; in charge of both Transformers and G. I. Joe. At a recent Q&A session John Barber slightly mentioned that he’s looking into the G. I. Joe Franchise as well.

“There’s obviously a lot more I’m going to be doing, with GI Joe and more, once we get everything worked out. It’s great; I’m really looking forward to where we’re going in the next year or so—and after that.”

This is big news because he’ll surely do his magic on the Joe Comic Books. Hopefully we’ll hear about the movie tie-in comic books for G. I. Joe 2 soon.

You can read the Q&A session at IDW.
Original Source: IDW Editor John Barber Q&A - G. I. Joe Comics - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 08-02-2011, 02:00 PM   #522
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Last week, San Diego Comic Con 2011 ended, but the news didn't end! Our sister sites:had a lot of news to break in the aftermath of Comic Con. Read on to check out all the news you missed out on!
Original Source: TFW2005 Toyark And Thundercats.ws News Roundup August 2nd 2011 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 08-02-2011, 02:40 PM   #523
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Let's face it, the GI Joe fandom usually seems like it's most vocal about whatever is new. While Sigma 6 isn't usually the topic of discussion now-a-days, it would be a lie to say that many of us here did not partake in collecting the unique, 8" GI Joe figures. For a hot minute(actually a few years), Sigma 6 was pretty big here at the 'Tank.

Since 2008, in lieu of utilizing the Sigma 6 format, Hasbro decided to instead re-release 12" GI Joe figures. They have returned once again for the GI Joe 30th Anniversary. The common complaints, even dating back to the GI Joe 25th Anniversary and even further, were:
  • Constant use of a dated figure body(basic articulation, no double jointed elbows/knees from the 25th 12" figures through ROC, to now, aside from the JoeCon Crimson Guard Paratrooper). For some reason the "super articulated" body has rarely been used.
  • Not as much cloth clothing
The announcement at Toy Fair 2011 that the 12" figures would be making a return, left a lot of fans scratching their heads.

Some of us began to wonder, why not use the Sigma 6 format instead? The figures are:
  • More affordable
  • Have clothes
  • Include weapons lockers
  • Have modular weapons/accessories
  • Are very sturdy/durable
For a figures with real "clothes", Sigma 6 can arguably be seen as a better bargain. Not to mention, the 5th anniversary of Sigma 6 went without any celebration on Hasbro's part.

Which brings us to Renegades. Renegades designs have animated styling. Sigma 6 featured a style that was highly styalized, not so much anime, but more along the lines of designer vinyl toys. Imagine, Sigma 6 figures with new parts and cloth uniforms to replicate the Renegades designs. Want a big Roadblock figure? Easy, use the buck for Heavy Duty or Grunt! As part of the 30th anniversary celebration, would you rather have Sigma 6 Renegades figures, or the current 12" figures by Hasbro?
Original Source: Discussion Point - Sigma 6 Renegades? - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 08-03-2011, 04:00 PM   #525
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Want to be in G. I. Joe 2 (rumored as G. I. Joe: Retaliation)? The Examiner has posted a small article regarding Paramount’s plan on the second G. I. Joe Live Action Movie. The article however leads to a Casting website which reveals more info.

The Hasbro and Paramount Pictures science fiction-action film sequel "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" is now in production and the casting directors are casting for principal actor roles, supporting roles, day players, extras, photo doubles and stand-ins for the films stars. There will be a few days of shooting in Vancouver, BC from August 5th to August 9th, 2011. However the stars have been cast in Los Angeles, and the remainder of casting is taking place in New Orleans. Louisiana shooting will run from August 15, 2011 to November 24, 2011.

Due to the leaked drafts of the "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra" script, the storyline for the sequel’s script has been closely guarded. Director Jon Chu said that his plan is to give us a "down and dirty Joe." Returning cast members include Channing Tatum (Duke), Ray Park (Snake Eyes), and Byung-hun Lee (Storm Shadow) and new cast members Adrianne Palicki (Lady Jaye) RZA (Blind Master), D.J. Cotrona (Flint), Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson (Roadblock), and Elodie Yung (Jinx).

You can visit Feature Film Auditions here.

Adrianne Palicki is the beautiful lady featured on the news post, playing the lead female role of Lady Jaye.
Original Source: G. I. Joe 2 Auditions And Casting Calls - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 08-03-2011, 07:10 PM   #526
ThundeRSS

Quote:
"I know what you’re thinking: 'Did he fire six shots, or only five?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I’ve kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you’ve got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"

Thanks to HISS Tank.com Boards Member Knighthawk for posting up his awesome Harry Callahan AKA Dirty Harry Custom!
Original Source: Dirty Harry Custom KitBash - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 08-03-2011, 10:50 PM   #527
ThundeRSS

Quote:
WildBill has dropped by to let us know that not only are he and his crew at Cobrastickers.com hard at work on new sticker sets for the Sky Striker XP21F, but they are also open to suggestions for new sets!

Cobrastickers Modern Skystriker Stickers

Alright everyone here is your chance.
We are currently developing custom sticker sets for the new Skystriker.
We have several sets in the design stage currently but I would like to give everyone the opportunity to suggest sticker sets to customize the Skystriker.
A reference picture would be helpful.

Currently to be released;
  • Reproduction set
  • TF crossover sets(Starscream, et al)
  • Jolly Roger set(skull & crossbones!)
Let er rip,
RJ

So let 'em have it folks, post your suggestions for new Sky Striker sticker sets, and reference pics if possible! There's various incarnations of the Tomcat, be it from Top Gun, Macross, video games like Afterburner and Ace Combat, and more! Which sticker sets would you like to see designed for the Sky Striker XP21F?
Original Source: Post Your Sky Striker Sticker Suggestions For Cobrastickers.com! - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 08-04-2011, 12:30 AM   #528
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Did you miss out on the Starscream Sky Striker? No worries, you. are. not. alone. !!!

For those of us who unfortunately missed out on this hot exclusive, we can at the very least, look at some cool pics of the thing. HISS Tank boards member Solscud007 has posted images of his recently opened Starscream Sky Striker. Check them out after the jump!
Original Source: Starscream Sky Striker In Hand Images - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 08-04-2011, 01:50 AM   #529
ThundeRSS

Quote:
We've got a preview for GI Joe Volume 2 #4.

G.I. Joe Ongoing Vol. 2 #4
Chuck Dixon (w) • Javier Saltares (a) • Tom Feister, Saltares (c)

The Pit destroyed! The Joes on the run! General Hawk under arrest! Team Alpha exposed to a lethal virus! The Cobra Civil War takes another deadly turn as the contest between the baddest of the bad grinds on. The prize? The role of Cobra Commander!
  • Retailers: See your order form for incentive information.
  • 2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
• A COBRA CIVIL WAR tie-in!
• More Joes fall in the line of duty…

Read on to preview the issue!
Original Source: GI Joe Volume 2 #4 Preview - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 08-05-2011, 01:00 PM   #530
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Yes, I know, I know the title is a bad joke. Anyway, Dwayne Johnson a.k.a The Rock is teasing the G. I. Joe Fans with his involvement with Weapons and Stunt-Work for the second movie.

Roadblock is holding a M249 Squad Automatic Weapon (M249 SAW). Originally designed back in 1976, the gun utilizes a 200-round belt ammunition feed. On the second image he is playing with a Glock Safe Action Pistol (The Glock for short), with an effective range of 50 meters (And here I thought Nerf guns were cool).

Take a look at the tweeted images, after the jump.

Update
: Just in - "Combat training today at NASA"
Original Source: Can You Smell What Roadblock Is Cooking? - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 08-05-2011, 03:40 PM   #531
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Thanks to ACToys member Bubble Tiange for posting up new carded images of Wave 1 and 2 of the upcoming G.I. Joe 30th Anniversary Cemebration that includes the first release of GI Joe Renegades Action Figures.
Original Source: G.I.Joe 30th Anniversary Celebration - Renegades Carded Images - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 08-06-2011, 08:00 PM   #532
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: C.I.A.D. @ HissTank.com

Quote:
It's seems like only yesterday that HissTank.com Forum member 1337W422102 began to share his comic strip, Ages 25 & Up, with the HissTank community. Now, only a few mere years later, we're proud to present issue #150, entitled "Behind The Scenes".

But wait, that's not all! This week we're also in for a special treat! There's a second strip included based on a user-submitted idea! That user? None other that Monkeywrench himself!

Make sure to join us after checking out the 2 latest installments to wish Numbers a very well deserved congratulations on his 150th issue here on The Tank!
Original Source: Ages 25 and Up #150 - Behind the Scenes - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 08-07-2011, 02:10 AM   #533
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: TTT @ HissTank.com

Quote:
HISSTank.com member IgnorantBlanket made his own custom SDCC Cobra Commander pilot and so can you !

"He is not exact but I did it the way I wanted to. I didn't like the torso so I just used the one from the canceled Ripcord/Skydive. I just changed a few things like the head, I used a chrome on instead of a silver one, and I cut the holster off of his boot because how is the Megatron Pistol gonna fit in there?"

Click the Discuss button for all the recipe details.
Original Source: Custom SDCC Cobra Commander Pilot - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 08-07-2011, 11:30 AM   #534
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Comic-Con 2011 Exclusive – G.I. Joe Cobra Ninja Viper 12-inch Figure NON-Attendee

This is a Comic-Con 2011 convention exclusive with limited availability to customers who did NOT attend Comic-Con 2011.

Cobra Ninja Viper / 12 inch Figure - Sideshow Collectibles

Cobra Ninja Viper
Original Source: Cobra Ninja Viper SDCC 2011 Exclusive NON-Attendee - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 08-07-2011, 04:00 PM   #535
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Now here's something that seemingly came out of nowhere. HISS Tank boards member Superion has spotted the new True Heroes C130 at Toys R Us. Judging by the sculpt, it looks like a Chap Mei mold, perhaps one originally planned for their Soldier Force V line? Here's a description by Superion:

The top pops off and there is a "control center" inside. I haven't taken the time to finish putting together yet as I was anxious to post some pics. I also didn't put the stickers on since my kid plays with my stuff so I save them back.

Also comes with 3 guys. The back ramp isn't big enough for a Stinger but I bet an Armadillo would work. Mine are buried in a tub right now.

Price is $39.99. Piqued your interest? More images after the jump!
Original Source: True Heroes C130 Sighted - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 08-08-2011, 09:40 AM   #536
ThundeRSS

Quote:
I just got my August GI Joe Collectors Club Magazine and was a small update for the upcoming G.I. Joe Collectors Club Figure Subscription Service.

Editor's Desk

I'm very excited to provide the next update on our club exclusive subscription figures. We have started to receive production samples from the factory. Keep watching for figure pre-views as the deco and accessories are approved. Our next phase is working on the packaging and setting up the billing system for this awesome 12 figure subscription. You will need to sign-up and complete the full purchase to qualify and receive the thirteenth carded figure FREE!

Brian's Intel!

As of this writing we are still waiting on pricing for the figure subscription service and hope to bring you some info this month. These figures are all G.I. Joe Collectors Club exclusives and will not be available at retail in any store. They will be characters many fans thought they would never see in the 25th line and they will include some cancelled (retail) figures, along with some new imaginings. Provided that all of your billings go through, with your final shipment we will send you a FREE carded 13th figure.

Join up now at GIJOECLUB.COM - The Official G.I. Joe Collectors' Club!
Original Source: GI Joe Collectors Club Figure Subscription Service Update - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 08-08-2011, 05:20 PM   #537
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Thanks to HISS Tank.com Boards Member Morgardee for posting up his images of a Custom Blue Chrome SNAKE Armor. Check out all the new images:

Blue Chrome SNAKE Armor
Original Source: Cobra Blue Chrome SNAKE Armor - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 08-08-2011, 08:40 PM   #538
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Here is a quick little update from Ray Park (Snake Eyes of G. I. Joe Live Action Movie Series). Mr. Park tweeted to tell…

"Met the whole cast today 4 G.I JOE 2. Everyone is Awesome! Met The Rock today. He is awesome. I'm a big fan of his. Super nice gentleman!!"

Apparently The Rock is popular with everyone. First it was Channing Tatum,
now Ray Park.

Hopefully, we'll here more news as the momentum picks-up.
Original Source: G. I. Joe 2 - Entire Main Cast Finalized? - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 08-09-2011, 11:20 AM   #539
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: Tony_Bacala @ HissTank.com

Quote:
Had a little time today, so figured I'd do up a gallery for the recently released SDCC Zarana figure. This has been seen before, in official product photos and various shoots by fans on the forums. However, it's always nice to have a little eye-candy on a rainy afternoon (here anyway ).

Enjoy!
Original Source: Random Photo Shoot - SDCC Zarana - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 08-09-2011, 08:30 PM   #540
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Director of G. I. Joe 2; Mr. Jon M. Chu updated his official Twitter page with a very special Tweet

“Shooting film for GI JOE: RETALIATION. Yes film. Not video. I could smell the emulsion at today's test

He also said

@RAYPARKACTION oh yeah!! Snake Eyes is back.

Three days ago he had done a shout-out to Elodie Yung as well…

“Everyone follow @elodieyung an amazingly talented and beautiful actress in GI JOE 2!! She plays Jinx and she just joined twitter!! Say hi”

Anyway… is this the confirmation of the title of G. I. Joe 2?
Original Source: G. I. Joe: Retaliation Title Confirmed? - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 08-09-2011, 09:40 PM   #541
ThundeRSS

Quote:
News from The Hollywood Reporter says...

Bruce Willis in talks to join the cast of Paramount’s G. I. Joe 2 [Retaliation], with the veteran action actor marked to play the "Original Joe".

Willis, if a deal comes together, would play General Joe Colton, the man who in 1980s comic books starts the G. I. Joe Strike Team, called the Ultimate Freedom Fighting Force, and got the handle G. I. Joe.
Original Source: Bruce Willis Enters Negotiation To Play General Joseph Colton In G. I. Joe: Retaliation - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 08-10-2011, 12:40 PM   #542
ThundeRSS

Quote:
More G. I. Joe: Retaliation "news" from Twitter.

Ray Park tweeted to tell us that…

Early start in 8 hrs. Doing my Snake thang 4 director Jon Chu. But 1st I will hit the gym and get my Rocky Balboa on;) Alarm set 4 6am;)

Sorry I will not be doing as many conventions and appearances this year until I iron out some details. Busy with Joe 2. Thx 4 Ur support xox

Off to fight rehearsal with Storm Shadow, then gymnastics for me in the afternoon. I'm a little sore today. Have a nice day everyone xoxo

No1 has here seen any1wear a training mask before. I guy asked me what I'm in training 4 I didn't tell him I said I love training. Focus!!

Mr. Park certainly seems to be having fun. Meanwhile, Director Jon Chu is getting ready for G. I. Joe: Retaliation as well…

In the next 5 days, @theLXD Season 3 Premieres on Hulu, G.I. Joe 2 starts shooting, Step Up 4 begins shooting & other secret missions grow.
Original Source: G. I. Joe: Retaliation - Ray Park, Jon Chu Getting Ready For Busy Times Ahead - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 08-10-2011, 06:00 PM   #543
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Here at New Jersey Collectors Con the focus is on Collecting Action Figures! There are many other options for fans to attend shows but we like to think we present a unique event with the best toy dealers on the East Coast. Because our event is focused on the Toy Collector, we wanted to give back to the fans of our show by releasing the door prizes for the October 9th, 2011 NJCC TOYPOCALYPSE!

To kick things off at the 8AM Early Admission we are offering the first 25 people who enter the show a $5.00 Coupon on any MATTEL DC Universe 6-Inch Action Figure. We also have a great give-away for the first 3 children who enter the show, the Kre-O Optimus Prime pre-view mini figure MISB.

The door prize announcements will start at 9AM and conclude at 3:30PM with our last door prize announcement.
  • 9AM SDCC 2011 Zarana & Variant Cold Slither Zarana
  • 10AM Early Admission Mega Door Prize SDCC 2011 Starscream Sky Striker
  • 11AM ThunderCats Classics Lion-O Toys R Us Exclusive
  • 12AM SDCC 2011 Blazing Sword Voltron
  • 1PM SDCC 2011 Marvel Legends THOR
  • 2PM SDCC 2011 Zarana MOSC
  • 3PM SDCC 2011 Ultimate Optimus Prime
  • 3:30PM SDCC 2011 Marvel Universe SENTINEL

Do you have a G.I. Joe or 80's Toy collection you want to sell? Looking to trim your collection to make room for the new 30th Anniversary Celebration Toys? NJCC 2011 is the perfect place to set up, sell, and hang out with hundreds of fellow G.I. Joe and 80's Toy Fans.

Join us on FaceBook New Jersey Collectors Con
Original Source: NJCC 2011 Door Prize Announcement! - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 08-10-2011, 08:50 PM   #544
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The Rock has tweeted 2 new images, starting with the following caption:

Getting harnessed in for GI Joe tactical training: helo drop points

Interestingly enough, an image posted moments later shows other members joining in for the drop. Could this be the 1st look at Gung Ho and possibly a new actor as Heavy Duty, or maybe....Doc?

Who else could be part of the cast of GI Joe 2 Retaliation? More images after the jump, who are the other Joes?
Original Source: GI Joe 2 Retaliation Helo Drop Points - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 08-11-2011, 02:10 AM   #545
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Croc Master is a rather unique Cobra operative, and had a popular, albeit short, appearance in GI Joe Cobra Volume 2. HISS Tank boards member JWelborn has posted his take on Croc Master, now with colors by his friend Mike Birkhofer. Take a closer look at this illustration after the jump!
Original Source: Croc Master Fan Art By JWelborn - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 08-11-2011, 02:10 AM   #546
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Not too long ago, HISS Tank boards member Unclassified started a thread wondering how many XP21F Sky Strikers do you have? At the time of this posting, the current amount is 141. This does not take into account the members who have bought one but have not chimed in. If you have not posted the amount of new Sky Strikers that you have bought yet, feel free to do so! Judging by the posts, quite a number of us bought multiples! Note: we are just counting the retail Sky Striker release, not the Starscream Sky Striker.
Original Source: How Many XP21F Sky Strikers Do You Have? - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 08-11-2011, 06:40 PM   #547
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Towards summer, casting calls for GI Joe 2 turned up for Jinx, Mouse and more, and while there were doubts, the reports turned out to be true. Now there are more. io9 has posted some rather revealing information pertaining to new casting calls, including the names of new characters:
  • Walker(new Joe)
  • Brock(new Joe)
  • Robyn(new Joe, apparently there are several new Joes but these are the only 3 that we had not heard of before, listed in the article)
  • Lecter(new villain, helps Zartan)
  • Smith(helps Lecter)
  • Jones(helps Lecter)
Going by the report, we take it that Zartan is confirmed to return in the movie.

The article ends with this plot summary:

All in all, a movie about an evil mastermind impersonating the U.S. President and starting World War III, with lots and lots of high-tech weaponry, could be just about the greatest thing ever. We'll find out on June 29, 2012 when this bad boy hits theaters.

That's not all, they also had character descriptions for the aforementioned cast members, read on to see what these new characters are all about!
Original Source: GI Joe 2 Casting Call Revelations - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 08-12-2011, 12:00 PM   #548
ThundeRSS

Quote:
WHOIS played a major role when our sister site TFW2005 revealed the title of Transformers 3 back in October 2010.

Today, thanks to the same website, we now have the confirmation of G. I. Joe: Retaliation Website Domains.

www.gijoeretaliation.com and www.gijoeretaliationmovie.com are registered by the same company who registered previous Transformers and G. I. Joe Live Action Movie website domains on behalf of Paramount/Dreamworks and Hasbro.

Mark Monitor previously registered gijoeriseofcobra.com, transformersdarkofthemoon.com, transformersdarkofthemoonmovie.com as well as the previous Transformers Movies. Can you spot a pattern?

But the most amazing part is the domain name creation date:
  • Updated Date: 11-oct-2010
  • Creation Date: 11-nov-2009
Does this mean the title of the 2nd G. I. Joe movie was with us for nearly two years right under our noses?

And no, there is no Cobra Strikes domain registered.
Original Source: G. I. Joe: Retaliation Website Domain Names Registered - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 08-13-2011, 12:50 AM   #549
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Auctions for GI Joe 30th Anniversary wave 1 have popped up on Ebay from alvintoy:Images of the loose figures are attached, check them out after the jump!
Original Source: GI Joe 30th Anniversary Wave 1 Auctions - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 08-13-2011, 02:40 PM   #550
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The GI Joe Collectors Club has released official images of the first Subscription figure Quarrel.

We will be sending out full information on our ALL-NEW G.I. Joe Subscription service very soon, but in the meantime we want to give you a FIRST LOOK at the final sample for one of the first monthly figures... Special Action Force operative: QUARREL!

Each figure will be packaged on a 25th Anniversary style blister card, Quarrel will ship along with NANO-B.A.T. in month 1 of the 6 month subscription. These two figures, plus ten other subscription figures, will only be available through the GIJCC Subscription service from Fun Publications. As an added bonus, by signing up for the full six month subscription you will receive a FREE bonus 13th figure.

Quarrel GI Joe Subscription Figure

Join up now at GIJOECLUB.COM - The Official G.I. Joe Collectors' Club!

Click the discuss button to join in the on-going debate.
Original Source: Quarrel GI Joe Collectors Club Figure Subscription Update - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe