TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

Old 08-03-2011, 07:44 PM   #1
Joe Moore
Administrator
I opened up my Thundertank and took some detailed photos of it. It's actually a really well made little vehicle. Looks fantastic in person.

Thundercats 2011 Thundertank Photo Gallery
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:04 PM   #2
wesitron
Thunder Kitty
Man, that looks great! I had decided only to get the 6" line, but lately the vehicles have really been making me think I should dabble in both. Nice pics!
wesitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:24 PM   #3
DESTRO
Overlord Of Evil
SNARF....Snarf! First!
Old 08-03-2011, 09:01 PM   #4
Ickzer1
Thunder Kitty
Yeah im gonna have to get that.
Ickzer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:36 PM   #5
LionOLordoftheThundercats
Thundercat
This thing is pretty cool but it sucks when you can't find the figures for it. It is actually available online at these places...

ThunderCats ThunderTank Deluxe Vehicle with Snarf Figure - Bandai - ThunderCats - Vehicles at Entertainment Earth

Amazon.com: ThunderCats ThunderTank: Toys & Games

Thundercats Deluxe Thundertank Vehicle with Action Figure - Bandai - Toys "R" Us

Free shipping if you buy it from Amazon.
LionOLordoftheThundercats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:48 PM   #6
JASONKAT
Thunder Kitty
Why do they waste money making diff versions of these new toys?!
Why not just make 1 lineup, i mean, for those of us who would normally go for the bigger versions because of detail and size, we would also want a scale to the thundertank that suits those, ya know?
Either way, i love the classics and these new1s look pretty sweet, not to mention the sword of omens.. =)
JASONKAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:11 PM   #7
Lord Lion O
Thunder Kitty
Sweet!

Last edited by Lord Lion O; 08-03-2011 at 10:14 PM..
Lord Lion O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:00 PM   #8
Hyper Jaguar
Thunder Kitty
Very Cool. I'm getting the Thundertank as soon as I can.
Hyper Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:01 PM   #9
Steelgrave
Ho!
Thanks for posting the pictures. I have no interest in buying it but I like to look at the pictures.
Steelgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:04 AM   #10
Tony_Bacala
Cornelius Tunar FTW
Pics look great, thanks Joe.

As I just posted in the Mezco Lion-O thread, I have space issues . So prob won't get it. But as a toy for kids, looks great, and for adults, great display piece if you have room .
Tony_Bacala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:37 AM   #11
Icespark
Thunder Kitty
Thank you for taking suck a great gallery!

The Thunder-Tank looks great! Snarf is adorable!

I'm looking forward to seeing this in person!
Icespark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 06:00 PM   #12
Sesshomaru
Thunder Kitty
I was excited about the new tank but than I saw, in a review, that you can't fit more than 1 figure on it at a time. I don't care about the side cycles. Infact, the original tank suffered from the same problem. I just wanted a tundertank in which all the figures can fit. I wouldn't have minded paying an extra 20 bucks for a bigger tank as long they all fit in there. Having said all this, I wont be getting the tank( maybe when it's on clearance at target) or any of the 4 inch figures at all. it's the 6 inch and classics for me. ^_^
Sesshomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:36 PM   #13
wanderer
Thunder Kitty
Thanks for the pics! Any idea what the point of the tank's back opening is? Seems an odd place for a door.
wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:07 PM   #14
Joe Moore
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer View Post
Thanks for the pics! Any idea what the point of the tank's back opening is? Seems an odd place for a door.
I believe it's meant as a storage space for figures and accessories.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:22 PM   #15
wanderer
Thunder Kitty
Those two little pegs on either side of the back door, plus the door itself, make me think that there might be something else coming that attaches to the tank like the cycles do. The two pegs/posts (whatever you want to call them) are a bit out of place on an otherwise sleek vehicle. Could just be wishful thinking though, but that would be cool.
wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:52 PM   #16
Nekomen
Licking Purrfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer View Post
Those two little pegs on either side of the back door, plus the door itself, make me think that there might be something else coming that attaches to the tank like the cycles do. The two pegs/posts (whatever you want to call them) are a bit out of place on an otherwise sleek vehicle. Could just be wishful thinking though, but that would be cool.
I think you might be right. Plus they really do need something that can sit 6 figures, maybe 8 or 9 if they are planning to add Pumyra and her team. Minimum it needs to be able to carry 6. So far it can do 3 with the bikes, so that's not bad. 3 more with some kind of jeep/car with overhead laser/rocket/gattling gun would seem expected eventually like the original had at times, or the truckbed it had.
Nekomen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:34 PM   #17
User897
Ancient Spirit of Evil
It's kinda neat and all, but I'm just not "won over" enough to get any of the new series toys. Plus, the Thundertank is supposed to be a vehicle that can manage more than just one figure.
User897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:34 PM   #18
Ben_Gali
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by User897 View Post
It's kinda neat and all, but I'm just not "won over" enough to get any of the new series toys. Plus, the Thundertank is supposed to be a vehicle that can manage more than just one figure.
^^This.

If it was a two-seater, I might be sold. Or even if the "bikes" could hold the kittens or something. I like the storage compartment in back but just enough for me to purchase. Awesome pics though!
Ben_Gali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:16 AM   #19
Wilyjo
Thunder Kitty
I might end up buying this just for the Snarf figure.
Wilyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:53 PM   #20
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilyjo View Post
I might end up buying this just for the Snarf figure.
I've been contemplating the same thing. However, I'm going to try and stay away from the Thundertank for as long as I can. If there's any chance of Snarf becoming available via a different/cheaper way, like as an accessory with another figure, or as the character in a Deluxe set, or with a smaller vehicle, I'll wait for that option. The tank is cool, but not cool enough to make the thirty bucks worth it. I really wouldn't even be considering it if it wasn't for Snarf, lol...

Oh and yay, my 200th post. I'm a Thunderian Commoner now
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:09 AM   #21
JASONKAT
Thunder Kitty
Hopfully you know that by Xmas time this year, ALL thundercats, toys playsets even the tank, will b on sale, right? the action figures in 4 scale will be 4.99, the 6 scale will b 8.99, the classics will b 12.99, playset 35.99 and tank 17.99
Old 08-09-2011, 07:29 AM   #22
Joe Moore
Administrator
Unfortunately, I doubt the market would be able to support a larger scale Thundertank at this time. Right now, Thundercats 2011 is an unproven toy line. Larger scale vehicles of even established toy lines, like Star Wars, end up being shelf warmers. This needed to be priced inexpensively and be compact enough for retailers to give it shelf space.

To us it's "OMFG THUNDERCATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" But to retailers it's yet another Cartoon Network toy line they just need to cram on the shelves. In the future, if Thundercats proves successful over the long haul, perhaps it's a possibility.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:40 PM   #23
nitewing73
Thunderian Commoner
Great pics. I don't get vehicles as much as I did when I was a kid but man that thing looks cool plus it comes with Snarf.
nitewing73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:38 PM   #24
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sesshomaru View Post
I was excited about the new tank but than I saw, in a review, that you can't fit more than 1 figure on it at a time. I don't care about the side cycles. Infact, the original tank suffered from the same problem. I just wanted a tundertank in which all the figures can fit. I wouldn't have minded paying an extra 20 bucks for a bigger tank as long they all fit in there. Having said all this, I wont be getting the tank( maybe when it's on clearance at target) or any of the 4 inch figures at all. it's the 6 inch and classics for me. ^_^
This is my biggest disappointment with the tank too. Seriously, two in the front and four in the back why is that so hard to pull off for a 4" line.

I wonder if it can be modded to accommodate a few figures in the back by gutting the electronics?

Last edited by Tracer; 08-09-2011 at 06:42 PM..
Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 02:58 AM   #25
JASONKAT
Thunder Kitty
I just got the thundertank for my birthday (today) and from the looks and feel of it. I will say this.
Its a really kool toy. Looks like it could mean bad news for the bad guys on the show.
!!!!!!!Not Recommended for kids-play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It holds 1 figure (driver seat) it can hold 2 other figures by buying 2 side carts that connect with the tank itself, but alot of u already knew this, The Top cockpit or weatever its called which can b opened by lifting it, comes off very easily which is why i dont think its intended for kids since it can break easily. breaks very easily. it should b handled with care, used for displaying only!. or collectors like my self.
Lights up, with sounds phrases, As well. has an on/off switch on the bottom side, it has like 12 or 14 wheels on the bottom so very easy to roll. doesnt get stuck on carpet or anythin like that. the claws have nails that could b poping out or tucked in whichever you perfer. claws can also b lifting if wanted. So over all a really great toy.
However!!!!!!!!!!. i loved the 80's thundertank alot better because it had alil area in the back to carry 1 (more) figure,rather than making u buy other attachment carts.
I hate when a toy car like this only holds 1 or 2 figures but yet on the show it can hold 8 or 9 people. i never understood that. lil kids will want their tank or car to hold all their thundercats too. ya know?
To sum it up alil. This new tank is sweet, the magnet thing on snarf is pretty kool.and over all its a fine toy, however lacks the fact that its , not really made for kids-play because kids dont know how to takcare of their toys and these things dont come in cheap. So If you plan or were planning to get this, from my point of view, as a collector, id say get it for displaying but if u wanna play w it or buy it for a kid, dont waste ur money because they will break it in 5mins .hope this helps.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:19 AM   #26
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JASONKAT View Post
The Top cockpit or weatever its called which can b opened by lifting it, comes off very easily which is why i dont think its intended for kids since it can break easily. breaks very easily. it should b handled with care, used for displaying only!. or collectors like my self.
Toys like this are designed to have pieces that pop-off like that. It's not breaking. In-fact, the fact it pops off like that, is so that it doesn't break when a kid plays with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASONKAT View Post
However!!!!!!!!!!. i loved the 80's thundertank alot better because it had alil area in the back to carry 1 (more) figure,rather than making u buy other attachment carts.
I hate when a toy car like this only holds 1 or 2 figures but yet on the show it can hold 8 or 9 people. i never understood that. lil kids will want their tank or car to hold all their thundercats too. ya know?
Thing is, we don't know how many people the tank can hold in the show yet. For all we know it really might just be a one-seater in the show too.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:42 AM   #27
JASONKAT
Thunder Kitty
Yea i know Its not actually "breaking off" I know these parts r built this way for reasons, I was just kinda comparing this w other toys that i own in which things like that dont pop off or come off that easily and i was just telling people who dont own1 yet, that it does that. most people will think their toy came broken or sumthing lol.
And About the tank fitting only 1 person, From the look of the clip we seen where Panthro is shown driving it, it looks like it only has 1 seat in the front. But we not yet know if the back holds anymore. Plus I remember in the 80s version that the thundercats had more than just the tank. They had all kinds of flying jet-ships kinda like star wars./My fav thing of the thundercats was both.. thundertank & cat's lair. i hope they make a cat's lair sumtime.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:37 AM   #28
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
There is some youtube videos complaining about parts falling off too. To the point where they barely stay on.
Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:34 PM   #29
Hammerhand
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracer View Post
There is some youtube videos complaining about parts falling off too. To the point where they barely stay on.
Yeah, I wonder if that's a just a QC problem and not across the board though?
Hammerhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:38 PM   #30
Mintcondition
Thunder Kitty
I hope they make more vehicles that connect to the Thundertank. That's what I got from the two hooks or whatever you call them in the back.

That and it would be nice to be able to sit all the Thundercats in one vehicle. Then again, not even the original one could do that. And from the looks of the tank in the new series, it looks about only big enough for Panthro to drive in (but I could be wrong).

Snarf and the twins should fit in the back compartment, and Lion-O and Tygra ride on the sides...just leaves a place for Cheetara.
Mintcondition is offline   Reply With Quote