TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats General Discussion

Old 11-22-2011, 11:29 AM   #1
Fist Pounder
Thunder Kitty
Among other purchases I purchased a large lot of Thundercats comics over 20 original thundercats comics in fantastic shape covers where all excellent for 40 dollars and there where duplicates but I have close to 20 different issues.

It was a bit of a burn though. I was told the set was complete so I made a rooky mistake by trusting the dealer and the fact he would give me a deal that would amaze me and layed my money down without verifying all of the different issues.

I did point out the problem and he gave me all of the duplicates he had as well as some silverhawks comics and a couple newer ones.

I was a bit dissapointed however I got back all of the comics I amassed through flea markets(I have them in storage in the garage some place) But this was definatly an upgrade. Fantastic shape comics that Im proud to put in my collection also I do have some of the rarer issues as well.

I have to verify exactly which comics I have but I do know I have the lions share of different issued(It is important to note I am talking the U.S. Issues)

I am not in this for resale I just love the thundercats and it was the one vintage item I found(other than Afa 70 safari Joe and 60 Berzerker) I didint even bother to ask those prices because I knew it would be to rich for my blood lol.

So I will keep you guys posted on which issues I am missing but at under 3 dollars a comic I would like opinions on how I did
Fist Pounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:23 PM   #2
Joe Moore
Administrator
At $3 each, it's hard to say. I usually see Thundercats comics in the bargain bins when I make it out to comic shops (not as often as I used to). I'm also sure there are some issues that go for more than $3 each. Could be that the new series' popularity has bumped up the prices a bit.
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:28 PM   #3
Fist Pounder
Thunder Kitty
Plus These are in great shape like they belong on the shelf with the new comics plus there in comic bags with cardboard backings.

And if you consider how many I managed to scoop up at one time.

Im not sure if you have a deep knowledge of the comics but My missing list is small compared to my have list.

I can give you a list of the ones Im missing if that will help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Moore View Post
At $3 each, it's hard to say. I usually see Thundercats comics in the bargain bins when I make it out to comic shops (not as often as I used to). I'm also sure there are some issues that go for more than $3 each. Could be that the new series' popularity has bumped up the prices a bit.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:15 PM   #4
Joe Moore
Administrator
I can't imagine I'd be getting to the comic shop before the holidays. The closest one to me (that's even remotely worth going to) is now about an hour away. That's one of the reasons (well the main one) that I don't get there so often. If I do go, though, I'll snap pics of the issues they have.
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:33 PM   #5
Purrsia
Thunder Kitty
The US comics are pretty common. There's 24 issues in the US set. I'm not sure if around $3 an issue is a good rate or not, but if they're in great shape and you are happy then that's what matters! The UK comics are harder to come by and there's more of them - 129 issues, not counting the specials etc. The higher issue numbers being the most rare, even if they are usually just reprints of earlier stories. I'm trying to collect all the UK issues...I have around 3/4 at this point. Prices can vary quite a bit issue to issue on those.
Purrsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:26 PM   #6
Fist Pounder
Thunder Kitty
Im only missing 8 issues now from the original U.S. set including the all important last one

But could not pass up the chance to get 15 in one swoop.