TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats General Discussion

Old 10-07-2011, 10:55 AM   #1
Fist Pounder
Thunder Kitty
I am aware prototypes have surfaced but was wondering if it ever had any official release?

I know packaged samples have not been found but was wondering if a very small amount ever saw the light of day in an official release and they are just uber rare to find?

I ask because I have seen collectors post they are looking for this guy and are willing to shell out huge bucks for him.

No I dont have one and if i did he wouldnt be for sale. Any light shed on this issue would be appreciated.
Fist Pounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:46 AM   #2
Joe Moore
Administrator
From what I can remember, only samples have made it to the market and the toy never saw an official release. I've seen loose protos pop up on Ebay from time to time, but nothing in awhile.
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 01:32 PM   #3
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
for what I read on the other board is that two unreleased samples have been produced. and are with private collections. None have ever been on ebay but there have been a few customs on there lately.
IndyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 01:44 PM   #4
thatboywhite
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyCat View Post
for what I read on the other board is that two unreleased samples have been produced. and are with private collections. None have ever been on ebay but there have been a few customs on there lately.
the customs are selling too, one is on now and has a bid for $150 (...why...)

i have never seen an actual picture of the protoypes (in a private collection, just the old catalog pic everyone knows), the closest i got was people on boards claiming to know somoene who has it, but they never had photographic proof
thatboywhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 01:47 PM   #5
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatboywhite View Post
the customs are selling too, one is on now and has a bid for $150 (...why...)

i have never seen an actual picture of the protoypes (in a private collection, just the old catalog pic everyone knows), the closest i got was people on boards claiming to know somoene who has it, but they never had photographic proof
Mad Bubbler surfaces at Hollywood Heroes - ThunderCats Lair Message Boards/Forums
Old 10-08-2011, 04:44 PM   #6
thatboywhite
Thunder Kitty
so there it is in all its glory. the monster that smoked the drug that blew the bubbles that turned the thundercats against eachother...
Old 10-09-2011, 01:07 PM   #7
Fist Pounder
Thunder Kitty
So never an official release. Thats ok alot of toys have production samples that where never officialy released like quick jaws and cannon blaster.

I guess as long as its not an official release I wont lose sleep over not owning one.

Hey wait a minute what about thundercats classics? we need a bad guy
Fist Pounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 02:44 PM   #8
thatboywhite
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist Pounder View Post

Hey wait a minute what about thundercats classics? we need a bad guy
i would buy one, awesome idea
Old 05-13-2012, 04:16 PM   #9
test
You don't stand a chance
I would love to know how many of these actually existed. Nothing like an air of mystery to spark an internet searching frenzy lol ..... I cant believe after all these years I've only just read about this figure whilst searching for a driller lol .... I'm gonna be scowering every car boot sale for one of these now just incase one happened to get out there somehow as part of someones junk pile ...
test is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:26 AM   #10
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by test View Post
I would love to know how many of these actually existed. Nothing like an air of mystery to spark an internet searching frenzy lol ..... I cant believe after all these years I've only just read about this figure whilst searching for a driller lol .... I'm gonna be scowering every car boot sale for one of these now just incase one happened to get out there somehow as part of someones junk pile ...
I believe there is only 2 confimed prototypes. a third is speculated. good luck on your search.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:24 AM   #11
test
You don't stand a chance
Damn I'd hoped for some chance that maybe they made more and never sold them so the ones they did make got clearanced at bargain stores.... But with as little as 3 then I may give up that quest ..... And even if I did find one it would cost more than the measly few grand I have lol ...... Why does rarity make you want something so bad lol .... Oh well back to my driller search at least he is available at a cost
Old 05-14-2012, 10:33 AM   #12
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by test View Post
Damn I'd hoped for some chance that maybe they made more and never sold them so the ones they did make got clearanced at bargain stores.... But with as little as 3 then I may give up that quest ..... And even if I did find one it would cost more than the measly few grand I have lol ...... Why does rarity make you want something so bad lol .... Oh well back to my driller search at least he is available at a cost
If you want a good hunt for a rare figure that costs a decent amount but wont break the bank...

...try a TONGUE-A-SAURUS

They dont come along to often. You would definatly be the cool kid on the block of Thundercats if you had had him.

Here's mine.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:17 AM   #13
test
You don't stand a chance
That's in great condition .... Very nice piece. I have seen him a few times and was pondering whether to get him or the moat monster first. Very rare to find either in the sort of condition yours is. Thanks for sharing :-)