TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 06-14-2012, 11:21 PM   #1
Burning Bright
Tyger, Tygra
So, whether or not CN renders this point moot, while looking at Joe's screencaps for Episode 25, I noted he focused on something that was a little difficult to see while watching the episode. We get the quick pan of all 4 stones being claimed a member of one of the species that will have dominion over it. The second-to-last one shown is the 4th stone, the as-of-yet-unidentified blue stone.

What stands out to me that I hadn't seen before is the largely-webbed hand. That indicates am aquatic lifeform (or partially so). Ducks and Platypi don't exactly seem like they would have been useful servants for Mumm-Ra. We've already seen the fishmen and that lot couldn't be the holders of a power-stone or they wouldn't have had the problem that they did. That leaves the one aquatic species we saw in Mumm-Ra's arsenal in "Legacy" - the Tigersharks.

Based on that it looks like an underwater quest was planned. I don't remember the Cats having a specific underwater vehicle in the OS, just a mod to the Thundertank. That would certainly give the Cats a reason to rebuild the Thundertank in the NS (well, other than Panthro absolutely not wanting to use The Feliner unless his life depends upon it).

I somehow expect that the Tigersharks wouldn't give up their power stone very easily when approached about it, either.
Burning Bright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:25 PM   #2
Mongor
You got red on you.
Awesome theory! I'd love to see this happen!
Mongor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:35 PM   #3
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
Good post, great theory.
Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:37 PM   #4
monothingie
Broken Beyond Repair
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Bright View Post
So, whether or not CN renders this point moot, while looking at Joe's screencaps for Episode 25, I noted he focused on something that was a little difficult to see while watching the episode. We get the quick pan of all 4 stones being claimed a member of one of the species that will have dominion over it. The second-to-last one shown is the 4th stone, the as-of-yet-unidentified blue stone.

What stands out to me that I hadn't seen before is the largely-webbed hand. That indicates am aquatic lifeform (or partially so). Ducks and Platypi don't exactly seem like they would have been useful servants for Mumm-Ra. We've already seen the fishmen and that lot couldn't be the holders of a power-stone or they wouldn't have had the problem that they did. That leaves the one aquatic species we saw in Mumm-Ra's arsenal in "Legacy" - the Tigersharks.

Based on that it looks like an underwater quest was planned. I don't remember the Cats having a specific underwater vehicle in the OS, just a mod to the Thundertank. That would certainly give the Cats a reason to rebuild the Thundertank in the NS (well, other than Panthro absolutely not wanting to use The Feliner unless his life depends upon it).

I somehow expect that the Tigersharks wouldn't give up their power stone very easily when approached about it, either.

Sorry to burst your bubble, look at the difference in the hands

monothingie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:20 AM   #5
Burning Bright
Tyger, Tygra
Quote:
Originally Posted by monothingie View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble, look at the difference in the hands

Yeah, that image would ordinarily rule it out, but I just checked on the screencaps from "Legacy" and found this one:

That Tigershark definitely has the webbed hands (and finger-claws).
Burning Bright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:29 PM   #6
Isabella
Thunder Kitty
Since they wanted to separate the stones and balance the power, it would have being fair to send one to the air, one to water and two in land (since there were more "earth" races).
Isabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:16 AM   #7
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Hmmm dare I say bengali will be a tiger shark/ thundercat
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:29 PM   #8
smilodon1
Thunder Kitty
Either with the Tiger-Sharks, or with Mon-Star!! Moonstone of Limbo....
smilodon1 is offline   Reply With Quote