TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats General Discussion

Old 10-30-2011, 02:13 PM   #1
80sFanboy
Unofficial Thundercat
So we have the same character names in the new series as we did in the old one. However, they are on 3rd earth, and the Cat's Lair is the same fortress as in the original series.

So here's the question... is this a continuing saga from the original series or is this a re-boot / re-imagining? And if this is a continuation, why are the names EXACTLY THE SAME? Isn't the descendants having the same name with "bloodline" abilities something from RPG video games?

BUUUUUTTTTTTTT

The Thundercat "growl" activated Cheetara's super speed as it did in the original series. Is this to be an indication of the Original series character's "bloodline" traits?!

HELP!!

Last edited by 80sFanboy; 10-30-2011 at 07:05 PM..
80sFanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 06:32 PM   #2
SaberKat
New Fan
This is a re-boot / re-imagining.
SaberKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:21 PM   #3
80sFanboy
Unofficial Thundercat
Shame. They could have brought a whole spin on things.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:42 PM   #4
Purrsia
Thunder Kitty
Not sure what you mean...they have put a new spin on things. Haven't they?
Purrsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:16 PM   #5
80sFanboy
Unofficial Thundercat
I posted this before I saw the episode with Leo when they crashed. But I thought it could be VERY interesting if this was a new generation of Thundercats some couple hundred years after the original series.

This cannot happen anymore, due to the design and function of the tower of omens. Where is the modifications for Lynx-O who ran it on Braille boards?

I am happy with this new series. I think they are trying to cram as much stuff for the older generations of fans into the new series for the sake of Fandom. In the original series, the Burbills were introduced to help build Cat's Lair (pictured in Episode 1 - hence my question) and to free the "Brute Men" as they were called.

I just hope they actually go somewhere new with this series and don't turn it into a glorified commercial for a set of toys.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:44 PM   #6
Purrsia
Thunder Kitty
There are tons of references and similarities because it's based on the old series, but it's got a unique story arc and some details have changed. It's a reboot for sure, not a continuation, update or prequel to the original. But still good!
Purrsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:19 PM   #7
DecepticonSpike
My Cat Sits On My Head
Pretty much any re-imagining is going to have references to the source material. Look at BSG, which had lots to references to the 1970's series.
DecepticonSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:59 PM   #8
PanthroII
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecepticonSpike View Post
Pretty much any re-imagining is going to have references to the source material. Look at BSG, which had lots to references to the 1970's series.
loved both BSG versions, like this "modern" take on TC's !
PanthroII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:01 PM   #9
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
holy necro-thread batman!
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:44 PM   #10
Isabella
Thunder Kitty
I definetely think it's a reboot designed to appeal to a younger generation reusing part of the formula that make it so popular in the 80s. Lion-O's older version started as a scrawny pre-teen and was a young adult by the second half of the first episode! This new version is a teen. In fact, everybody (including Snarf!) is younger.

Something I like about this new version is the fact that they are not the perfect saints they were in the 80s, which gives room for lots of characters development.
Isabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:06 AM   #11
DecepticonSpike
My Cat Sits On My Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella View Post
I definetely think it's a reboot designed to appeal to a younger generation reusing part of the formula that make it so popular in the 80s. Lion-O's older version started as a scrawny pre-teen and was a young adult by the second half of the first episode! This new version is a teen. In fact, everybody (including Snarf!) is younger.

Something I like about this new version is the fact that they are not the perfect saints they were in the 80s, which gives room for lots of characters development.
I don't think Panthro's younger in this one.
DecepticonSpike is offline   Reply With Quote