TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

Old 02-20-2012, 09:53 PM   #1
MegatronWolf
Overlord
Noticed its on sale on toysrus.com and when its all said and done id be getting it for $20 but is it really worth it? Iv been debating on getting it for a while now, it looks cool and ive always wanted one since i was a kid but it looks cheaply made & flimsy. If it were $15 id say screw it but for $20 i could get multiple figures or a good game. Is it really worth the investment or should i just wait til its on clearance and put the 20 bucks aside for something else?
MegatronWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:32 AM   #2
Covenant
Thunder Kitty
There are zillions of them on shelves everywhere. The swords are small and the eye only lights up on one side. The voice recording is generic (not the cartoon voice actor's voice) so I would say if you're not in a rush these will definitely be in the clearance bins.
Covenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:40 AM   #3
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
I picked one up on day 1. they are awesome. but price point is up there, not going to say its too much....but when there are other cooler things , this might not be high on the list. but if you havent bought one by now, wait for clearance. Afterall, they will still be on ebay for $20 for some time to come.
IndyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:46 PM   #4
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
I picked one up for my daughter around the end of last year. They are pretty cool, but I was able to get a deal on it (dont remember the specifics). Like others said, there are tons in the stores, so they should go on clearance at some point and there is little risk they will run out. I do recommend picking one up when the price is right though.
adssse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:53 AM   #5
deanofitz
Thunder Kitty
my son also got the sword of omens of santa lol....he idolises it " the only down fall that i can think of is that the eye dosnt light up when doing the whole sight beyond sight thing" apart from that i think its a good buy " i had one when i was a kid and the blade didnt extend it lit up as far as i can remember
deanofitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:39 AM   #6
MegatronWolf
Overlord
whats the build quality like? does it feel like its a $20 item or does it feel more like a $10 item?
Old 02-23-2012, 06:51 AM   #7
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
In my opinion the handle and eye portion of the sword are pretty solid. They are made of hard plastic with small metal screws. The extendable part of the sword is a little flimsy, but not too bade and I personally have not had any trouble besides it flexing a little bit. I would say it is probably worth somewhere between the $20 and $10 price point. Just depends how bad you want one.
adssse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:33 PM   #8
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Its the sword of omens...... its worth it. The clawsheild is not, the sword is.
Kregermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:53 PM   #9
Reaper Cloud
Thunder Kitty
I have two (one in sword form, the other in dagger form), but they are just sitting on a stand.

If you are getting this as an actual toy...then I would wait for it to drop to 15 bucks or less. The Sword feels extremely cheap, as in if you were to use them to play fight with...that they would break. Especially since the sword is designed to extend and also go back in. The light and sounds are cool, and shouldn't break any (just new batteries will be needed if you use them a lot).

Now, just having them on a sword stand for display...it works great!

I'm just upset that the new deluxe claw shield still only holds the super small sword. Oh well, can't have it all.
Reaper Cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:07 PM   #10
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper Cloud View Post
I'm just upset that the new deluxe claw shield still only holds the super small sword. Oh well, can't have it all.
I cant figure this one out...

WHY OH WHY, would they make a DLX claw that holds the "basic" sword???? I mean they HAVE to figure people want a DLX claw that can hold the DLX sword, right?

also, I dont know why they make two version of the play sword? I mean couldnt they make the DLX sword for the kids and make something a bit nicer for collectors? like in the $30 range?

sorry for the rant, but it bothers me as well, the DLX claw only holds the "baby" sword.
IndyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:04 PM   #11
MegatronWolf
Overlord
guess ill wait until i can get one for around $15 or if theres a cheap combo pack with the clawshield, all im going to do with it is probably screw around with it for a few days then hang it on the wall somewhere once the novelty wares off. Think ill take the $20 and buy a game to hold me over until Mass Effect 3 comes out.
Old 02-25-2012, 02:01 PM   #12
squawkbot
Thunder Kitty
Toys R Us BOGO until 12 midnight, you can have 2 for the price of one!
Or the sword AND Deluxe Claw Shield for the price of one!
Thats a deal right there.
squawkbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:48 AM   #13
MegatronWolf
Overlord
Quote:
Originally Posted by squawkbot View Post
Toys R Us BOGO until 12 midnight, you can have 2 for the price of one!
Or the sword AND Deluxe Claw Shield for the price of one!
Thats a deal right there.
damn knew i should've stopped buy TRU the other day, didnt bother stopping in cause their prices suck. thanks for the info though ill keep an eye on them cause im sure they'll have it again.