TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

Old 07-06-2012, 07:46 PM   #1
Mongor
You got red on you.
Just wanted to give you all a heads up:
Entertainment Earth has all Thundercats merch marked down, some way down.
I've given up looking for Slithe and decided yesterday to pre-order him from EE thinking they'll never get him anyways. The case is 1 Slithe, 1 Lion-O Deluxe and 1 Panthro deluxe, now for $19.99. Great price.
Anyways I just got the email that they shipped him out to me today, that's less than 24 hours since I pre-ordered him!
Hope this helps some of y'all. Check them out.
Mongor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 03:26 AM   #2
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
Thanks for the info man. Bandai have a real hold on these retailers though, cause again they refused to ship to the UK. I asked a friend in CA to use his though so fingers crossed
LiarDice Films is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:48 AM   #3
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
I just received an order update from EE today:

Quote:
Thank you for ordering from Entertainment Earth. We have been notified by
the manufacturer that we will not be receiving any additional shipments of
ThunderCats 4-Inch Deluxe Action Figure Wave 2 Rev. 1 Set, (Item
BA33030B11), because they have discontinued production of this item at
this point in time. The order you placed for this item has been cancelled
in our system.
*sigh*
englishw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:57 AM   #4
princeshoko
Thunder Kitty
Yea just got mine too, placed an order with BBTS right after.
princeshoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:02 PM   #5
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Several Slithe's on eBay recently... I think I'm going to take my chances and wait. If I actually *wanted* a deluxe Lion-O and Panthro it would be a different story, but I wouldn't keep them if they were given to me, let alone pay for them. They would be going on eBay right away if I bought a case... and I don't think I'd get much for them. *sigh*
Old 08-01-2012, 12:09 PM   #6
princeshoko
Thunder Kitty
yea but $39 for the 3 sell 2 is better then $40 for one if you ask me.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:11 PM   #7
THUNDER JEDI
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by princeshoko View Post
Yea just got mine too, placed an order with BBTS right after.
I grabbed a case off BBTS too, right after I got the e-mail from EE.
THUNDER JEDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:23 PM   #8
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
BBTS has a strict rule to not sent internationally, which is harsh. I ordered that great deal with the Deluxe Slithe then waited and aited until finally cancelled it. And not the terrible news that now more are being made! Will some of these wave 2 figures end up being the 'rarities'. We need a Bandai equivalent of the Thunderwings deluxe packs from LJN. End of line toys that are repackaged differently and released in minority.
Very gutted, as i bet you are English!
Old 08-01-2012, 03:21 PM   #9
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by princeshoko View Post
yea but $39 for the 3 sell 2 is better then $40 for one if you ask me.
This is true. I was thinking about waiting and possibly seeing them at Marshall's/TJ Maxx or seeing if a UK buddy could pick one up when wave 2 hits in the UK and making a trade. I don't know. I'm torn. Easily pick it up now and pay a little more or wait and possibly pay less, possibly pay a lot more? *sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiarDice Films View Post
BBTS has a strict rule to not sent internationally, which is harsh. I ordered that great deal with the Deluxe Slithe then waited and aited until finally cancelled it. And not the terrible news that now more are being made! Will some of these wave 2 figures end up being the 'rarities'. We need a Bandai equivalent of the Thunderwings deluxe packs from LJN. End of line toys that are repackaged differently and released in minority.
Very gutted, as i bet you are English!
Yes, it is disheartening to say the least. I've greatly enjoyed the Bandai toys and I've enjoyed shopping for NEW ThunderCats toys in real stores even more! It's sad that those days seem to be numbered. *sigh*
Old 08-01-2012, 04:07 PM   #10
THUNDER JEDI
Thunderian Commoner
The case+shipping cost is basically retail price+tax. Patience works sometimes, but in most "end of the line" situations, get them as soon as you can or risk paying collector prices days later. How long do you think BBTS is going to have them in stock after people read this thread with the letter from EE stating the figures will no longer be made. Don't let the scalpers get'em all.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:11 PM   #11
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDER JEDI View Post
The case+shipping cost is basically retail price+tax. Patience works sometimes, but in most "end of the line" situations, get them as soon as you can or risk paying collector prices days later. How long do you think BBTS is going to have them in stock after people read this thread with the letter from EE stating the figures will no longer be made. Don't let the scalpers get'em all.
Yes, it's basically retail price... IF you want all the figures. For me, the Lion-O and Panthro are useless and they don't fetch good prices. Especially after people buy up the Slithes and then start putting the Lion-O and Panthros up on eBay =o/
Old 08-01-2012, 04:25 PM   #12
THUNDER JEDI
Thunderian Commoner
That's a good point. There could be some value to Panthro in the future, because he never made it to store shelves and the Lion-o might gain value too since its a wave2 packaging variant. You never can tell.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:40 PM   #13
princeshoko
Thunder Kitty
i figured $8 for each of the 2 which would make Slithe $24 which im sure he'll not hit that alone on ebay. But now im thinking stick the 2 back for a year and see what happens while i work on my Silverhawks.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:48 PM   #14
THUNDER JEDI
Thunderian Commoner
SILVERHAWKS! Sweet! I just scored some really nice figures out at a flee market over in TN this past weekend.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:58 PM   #15
MacheteSquadSteve
Thunder Kitty
Got my notice from EE earlier today too. Just placed an order with BBTS and after I got my order confirmation checked back on BBTS to find it sold out. Really glad I got it when I did.
MacheteSquadSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:03 PM   #16
princeshoko
Thunder Kitty
I figured the'd sell out fast once EE sent that email.

And as for silverhawks, what part of TN? In near Nashville.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:11 PM   #17
THUNDER JEDI
Thunderian Commoner
Over in eastern TN. Near Pigeon Forge

Last edited by THUNDER JEDI; 08-02-2012 at 11:47 AM..
Old 08-02-2012, 08:25 AM   #18
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacheteSquadSteve View Post
Got my notice from EE earlier today too. Just placed an order with BBTS and after I got my order confirmation checked back on BBTS to find it sold out. Really glad I got it when I did.
I guess that answers the question I was asking myself as I drove to work today, "Should I go ahead and order that case from BBTS?" *sigh*
Old 08-03-2012, 09:28 AM   #19
princeshoko
Thunder Kitty
The've gone into PREORDER status. It may not be to late for you englishw.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:59 PM   #20
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
How many forum members actually own the Deluxe Slithe? Was it ever in stores or just online shops? UK stores sadly told me that UK wont be getting wave 2 deluxe figues. I hope thats just B.S. Crazy isnt it because he isnt even a good looking figure
Old 08-03-2012, 03:12 PM   #21
test
You don't stand a chance
To give in and buy from eBay or not ? That is the question lol Hmmmm I wouldn't mind if it weren't for the 20 pounds shipping
test is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:21 PM   #22
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
I know we are screwed with international shipping arent we. And then BBTs and amazon.com refusing to send to UK
Old 08-03-2012, 03:26 PM   #23
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiarDice Films View Post
How many forum members actually own the Deluxe Slithe? Was it ever in stores or just online shops? UK stores sadly told me that UK wont be getting wave 2 deluxe figues. I hope thats just B.S. Crazy isnt it because he isnt even a good looking figure
I have one. Got it from BBTS about a week ago. was never sold in stores as of yet.

IndyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:29 PM   #24
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
Thats awesome. BBTS refuses to sell to the UK so i was never lucky enough to get one Youre luck man. Should have bought a couple!
Old 08-03-2012, 03:34 PM   #25
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
The most exciting thing i bought today was the deluxe Sword of Omens! Shows how behind the UK is. And the had to hide it frommy daughter as she wanted to pull out the battery on tag!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(6).JPG
Views:	2
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	1341
Old 08-03-2012, 04:02 PM   #26
Mongor
You got red on you.
I have one too and he is a great looking figure actually. One of my favs of the entire line.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:05 PM   #27
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
Well PLEASE Bandai Europe ship some over here!
Old 08-03-2012, 04:33 PM   #28
Mongor
You got red on you.
This looks like one of those times where if you want him, you're gonna pay big. (especially U.K.) While I hate to increase business for the scalpers, I don't think this is gonna be like the 6" Tygra. If you want him, do it now before the prices really get crazy. As an owner of one, it is a great looking figure and I love him but I got it from EE for cheap. I can't recommend spending the money you're gonna pay on him. It's not worth it. However if you read that AND STILL want him, buy him now. It'll hurt more later.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:45 PM   #29
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
True. Im tempted to ask the factory i speak to in China cause they can get me multiple ones. Unfortunately they're loose and id rather have them in the deluxe packaging.
I think i will just wait to get a reasonably priced Mezco Mumm ra
Old 08-12-2012, 07:19 PM   #30
princeshoko
Thunder Kitty
BBTS has gone from PreOrder to SoldOut, guess its official that there is no where to get it but ebay that i know of anymore. Glad i got mine already.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:10 AM   #31
test
You don't stand a chance
I caved in and bought the set of 3 from ebay .... my collection is now 100 percent complete apart from the roleplay stuff which I dont bother with..
test is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:50 PM   #32
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
Please dont say that Sslythe (Slithe) will become a 'Holy Grail'
Old 08-17-2012, 06:00 PM   #33
THUNDER JEDI
Thunderian Commoner
Time will tell man. He's hard to find.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:16 PM   #34
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDER JEDI View Post
Time will tell man. He's hard to find.
Time has told. There are hundreds if not thousands of them. That's not a 'Holy Grail' by any stretch of the term. Hard to find? Sure.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:40 PM   #35
THUNDER JEDI
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by englishw View Post
Time has told. There are hundreds if not thousands of them. That's not a 'Holy Grail' by any stretch of the term. Hard to find? Sure.
Holly grails originally were made in production quantities, but they were hard to find and got canceled of changed. Twenty to thirty years later, only few can be acounted for. This is what I mean by "time will tell". This figure just got canceled and it never made it to stores. Chances are it will be highly sought after in the future by collectors and might even achieve "holly grail" status. Time will tell dude.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:08 AM   #36
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
My reasoning is one that this COULD gain that status purely in the same way other LJN's did, and that is by a 'hard to find' badge being placed on the figure and then people finding these figures and hoarding as many as they can until such time as they feel they can put the odd one one ebay at an inflated price. Ive been told that the Wave 2 deluxe figs will not be released in the UK (maybe Europe) and Canada doesnt look positive either. If the line has been cancelled then who knows. As you say only time will tell. I still bet that the next Deluxe Slithe on Ebay or Amazon is 50usd plus
Old 08-18-2012, 07:52 AM   #37
THUNDER JEDI
Thunderian Commoner
I agree! Last time I checked, there were none on ebay.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:28 AM   #38
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
If major collectible toy retailers on the internet like Entertainment Earth and BBTS tell us they cant get anymore from their suppliers then there must be something wrong.It would be very ironic if the one character,who is still the least MOC valuable by LJN,might end up being a rarity and hunted piece