TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 03-28-2012, 03:32 AM   #251
theking
Thunder Kitty
They should pull a Vader on Lion-O lol. He dies and comes back without emotion and the memories of Tygra and Cheetara, he then proceeds to become the bad ass he was born to be, (like the Lion-O in my profile pic) and destroys Mumm-Ra with one blow from the sword of omens. The End....

If all characters in the show are based of animals, what animal is Mumm-Ra?????
theking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:21 AM   #252
Nachtsider
Shadowmancer Supreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by theking View Post
I'm thinking bat.
Nachtsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:36 AM   #253
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
We haven't seen pumyra yet she might be a better character then cheetara. Until then we don't know what the writers are planning but i'm guessing she will be older
I think she will be in Tygra's arch coming up or I hope he gets a arch. I hope we get more fleshing out of the characters after trails 2. I like him to be a king of another cat clan, so he won't be jealous of the crown.

Well, that wouldn't be that hard after episode 14. She is not going to be apart of the main group.

Last edited by L08e16o; 03-28-2012 at 08:06 AM..
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:38 AM   #254
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by theking View Post
They should pull a Vader on Lion-O lol. He dies and comes back without emotion and the memories of Tygra and Cheetara, he then proceeds to become the bad ass he was born to be, (like the Lion-O in my profile pic) and destroys Mumm-Ra with one blow from the sword of omens. The End....

Well, he will be reminded how he feels about cheetara again in 15. Sorry.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:40 AM   #255
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
The team is in a "bad shape" because of T/C.

Lion-O just leveled up his skill, Tygra and Cheetara you better watch out!

It should be L/C and T/P. Instead we got this drama mess.

Last edited by L08e16o; 03-28-2012 at 07:50 AM..
Old 03-28-2012, 07:42 AM   #256
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
Maybe Lion-o needs to embrace his inner Claudus, and banish Cheetara (and probably Tygra who will definately turn on him when he does), for the sake of the mission. Cheetara has proven Lion-o can't trust her on any level, and his relationship with Tygra is only going to deteriorate even more with "Lady Macbeth" pulling the strings.
What is his relationship with tygra now?
Old 03-28-2012, 07:48 AM   #257
L08e16o
Quote:
Actually in this thread since the last episode aired, it seems like most of the posters aren't happy with Cheetara. And you are taking it seriously, otherwise you wouldn't be telling me about how unhappy you are. But, getting back to the show itself, Cheetara would have to be incredibly naive not know she was leading Lion-o on, but Saturdays episode with her nearly getting the 3 of them killed, proved that Lion-o can't trust her even to do her job. If it wasn't for Panthro's arrival, her idiotic decision would have meant certain death.
She knew she was leading him on. She didn't say sorry or anything, she said I thought you were ok with me and tygra. In away they are right, lion-o didn't act on it. She couldn't look him in the eyes when she blamed jaga.

Lion-o said he was happy for them to not bring tygra into it, but it will happen after his death.

You are right, they would be dead.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:11 AM   #258
L08e16o
If lion-o didn't go down and help them lizards it would make him a hypocrite. Mummra would've won too, because the other lizard would see that you will die if you leave the army and no one will help them.

Remember Claudus wanted lion-o to be serious about his duties, well lion-o is serious about uniting the animals.

The lizards that escape know lion-o will defend them. I would think at some point the lizards will join lion-o. They know he is serious about helping them and I would not be surprise the word would spread.

What he did was right.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:10 AM   #259
Mako Crab
Thunder Kitty
Just saw the episode.
Panthro's stretchy arms are a little weird, but they remind me of Dhalsim from Street Fighter, so that's cool. And when they're not doing their stretchy thing, they look pretty badass.

The ThunderTank looks like a rolling fortress now. Thing is crazy. It'll be interesting to see all the modifications.

The kittens are still cute and cool and funny. And finally! Hoverboards!

The two new generals are pretty badass and threatening. In one episode they're more genuinely credible as villains than most of the time they had in the original show.

I like Lion-O's devotion to uniting the animals. I like that he stands up for the soldiers that deserted Mumm-ra's army, and I like that he sees that the lizards are only fighting out of fear of Mummsy.

The animation is still top notch. This is easily the prettiest show to watch on Cartoon Network. Even prettier than the vaunted SW: Clone Wars. I can't stand how plastic everyone in that show looks. One of the drawbacks of TV CGI, I guess. And man, the Berbil village is bright! But in a good way.

I like Cheetara's explanation to Lion-O. It's happened to me. It's happened to lots of people. You think a girl is totally into you and sending out signals, but then it turns out to be nothing (in my case the girl didn't even know she was sending signals). And you wind up feeling like an ass. And you're pissed off for a while. And you don't even want to see the girl anymore.
Lion-O's reaction is completely believable, only he's got the problem of having to see the girl and her new boyfriend on a daily basis. That has got to suck, when you're still trying to get over your own feelings. Still, I like that he at least tried to put on a happy facade for them early in the episode.
Later on though, when Tygra and Cheetara disapprove of his tactics, he instantly makes it about their relationship. They weren't throwing their relationship in his face, but he couldn't help but see anything but that.

And for those that think Cheetara betrayed Lion-O by surrendering, consider this. The mutants threatened to kill Tygra. Lion-O says, "There's still 2 of us!" as though losing Tygra would only be a minor inconvenience. He's still thinking irrationally, and at this point he doesn't deserve Cheetara's loyalty. He betrayed Tygra.

At the end of the episode after they've escaped, and Panthro tells them they just need to stick together, notice that Lion-O hangs his head and can't even look at Tygra or Cheetara. He knows what he did. Hehehe.
Mako Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:37 AM   #260
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako Crab View Post
Just saw the episode.
Panthro's stretchy arms are a little weird, but they remind me of Dhalsim from Street Fighter, so that's cool. And when they're not doing their stretchy thing, they look pretty badass.

The ThunderTank looks like a rolling fortress now. Thing is crazy. It'll be interesting to see all the modifications.

The kittens are still cute and cool and funny. And finally! Hoverboards!

The two new generals are pretty badass and threatening. In one episode they're more genuinely credible as villains than most of the time they had in the original show.

I like Lion-O's devotion to uniting the animals. I like that he stands up for the soldiers that deserted Mumm-ra's army, and I like that he sees that the lizards are only fighting out of fear of Mummsy.

The animation is still top notch. This is easily the prettiest show to watch on Cartoon Network. Even prettier than the vaunted SW: Clone Wars. I can't stand how plastic everyone in that show looks. One of the drawbacks of TV CGI, I guess. And man, the Berbil village is bright! But in a good way.

I like Cheetara's explanation to Lion-O. It's happened to me. It's happened to lots of people. You think a girl is totally into you and sending out signals, but then it turns out to be nothing (in my case the girl didn't even know she was sending signals). And you wind up feeling like an ass. And you're pissed off for a while. And you don't even want to see the girl anymore.
Lion-O's reaction is completely believable, only he's got the problem of having to see the girl and her new boyfriend on a daily basis. That has got to suck, when you're still trying to get over your own feelings. Still, I like that he at least tried to put on a happy facade for them early in the episode.
Later on though, when Tygra and Cheetara disapprove of his tactics, he instantly makes it about their relationship. They weren't throwing their relationship in his face, but he couldn't help but see anything but that.

And for those that think Cheetara betrayed Lion-O by surrendering, consider this. The mutants threatened to kill Tygra. Lion-O says, "There's still 2 of us!" as though losing Tygra would only be a minor inconvenience. He's still thinking irrationally, and at this point he doesn't deserve Cheetara's loyalty. He betrayed Tygra.

At the end of the episode after they've escaped, and Panthro tells them they just need to stick together, notice that Lion-O hangs his head and can't even look at Tygra or Cheetara. He knows what he did. Hehehe.
Disagree on the last two parts. They contradict what they did in episode 4 about not retreating. So losing three is better than losing one. He is the King and she took a oath to serve the king of thunderia. Then cheetara forfeit being a cleric.

No that is not what he is feeling, his attempt to help the animals was lost. Tygra and cheetara do not support him. You will see in the next episode, lion-o is even worse. He doesn't trust them.

I think he put the happy face on for his brother.

Good point on them being mad at him for risking tygra.

Last edited by L08e16o; 03-28-2012 at 09:54 AM..
Old 03-28-2012, 09:58 AM   #261
Sining
Thunder Kitty
Lion-O should learn from his experience in the book of omens. Panthers are apparently the ONLY cats which will loyally stick by lions.
Sining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:13 AM   #262
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sining View Post
Lion-O should learn from his experience in the book of omens. Panthers are apparently the ONLY cats which will loyally stick by lions.
Well she said she had faith in him and kissed him on the cheek, souds like someone else.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:27 AM   #263
stac
Thunder Kitty
Quote:

So Cheetara is so socially inept she did not see what she was doing?

When you say that Lion-O misread her ‘signals’, let’s not forget, Cheetara’s ‘signals’ were also interpreted by Tygra in the same way. In episode 13 we saw that Tygra had almost accepted that Cheetara had ‘chosen’ Lion-O.

These writers are not at all consistent with characterisation! So please excuse those of us who do not take either this love triangle or the new relationship too seriously.

Quote:
I grant you that. Maybe Lion-O was being too focused on the ‘relationship’ here. However, it’ll be interesting to see if Cheetara always sides with Tygra from now on.

Quote:
All Cheetara did was send all 3 of them to their deaths that much sooner. Not to mention undermine his leadership in front of the enemy. Lion-O made the only rational decision possible at that moment in the battle which was a no-win situation.

Quote:
Maybe he kept his head down in resignation or frustration? After all, his Cleric had just let him down when he needed her the most.
stac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:49 AM   #264
L08e16o
[QUOTE=stac;41110]So Cheetara is so socially inept she did not see what she was doing?

When you say that Lion-O misread her ‘signals’, let’s not forget, Cheetara’s ‘signals’ were also interpreted by Tygra in the same way. In episode 13 we saw that Tygra had almost accepted that Cheetara had ‘chosen’ Lion-O.[QUOTE=stac;41110]

Everyone thought the same thing. She knew she was sending him signals, because she didn't say anything. She said "I thought you were ok with tygra and me". She only answered him about the following part and she couldn't look him in the eyes.

[QUOTE=stac;41110]These writers are not at all consistent with characterisation! So please excuse those of us who do not take either this love triangle or the new relationship too seriously.[QUOTE=stac;41110]

I said from the begining, if tygra and lion-o switched places, I would be on tygra's side. If tygra and cheetara interacted more when they were young and develop a relationship, I would aceept it more. Flower, get real.

[QUOTE=stac;41110]I grant you that. Maybe Lion-O was being too focused on the ‘relationship’ here. However, it’ll be interesting to see if Cheetara always sides with Tygra from now on.[QUOTE=stac;41110]

Lion-o was right though. He felt like cheetara was taking tygra's side. She told him earlier in the episode that they should keep up the pressure and lion-o used those words against her.

[QUOTE=stac;41110]All Cheetara did was send all 3 of them to their deaths that much sooner. Not to mention undermine his leadership in front of the enemy. Lion-O made the only rational decision possible at that moment in the battle which was a no-win situation. [QUOTE=stac;41110]

Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stac View Post
Maybe he kept his head down in resignation or frustration? After all, his Cleric had just let him down when he needed her the most.
Excellent post!

Agreed. Since cheetara choose tygra, she is a different person.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:40 AM   #265
stormbringer
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
What is his relationship with tygra now?
It's hard to say. It looked like once they left the AP, that Tygra and Lion-o had reached an understanding. But with what Cheetara has been pulling, it may cause some friction between the brothers all over again.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:58 AM   #266
Mako Crab
Thunder Kitty
Episode 13: Cheetara chooses Tygra.

Episode 14: Lion-O tries to force her to choose again, this time under duress, and she again chooses Tygra.

And again, it's very possible that Cheetara did have an interest in Lion-O and that she was sending out signals on purpose. But he never acted on it, and so he lost the girl. Boo hoo.
Mako Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:29 PM   #267
L08e16o
Quote:
It's hard to say. It looked like once they left the AP, that Tygra and Lion-o had reached an understanding. But with what Cheetara has been pulling, it may cause some friction between the brothers all over again.
I think it already did. You can see tygra is PO at lion-o. Once lion-o takes off to help the lizards, tygra is looking at him with angry expression. Cheetara looks at him and he changes it.

Last edited by L08e16o; 03-28-2012 at 12:32 PM..
Old 03-28-2012, 12:44 PM   #268
stormbringer
Quote:
I think it already did. You can see tygra is PO at lion-o. Once lion-o takes off to help the lizards, tygra is looking at him with angry expression. Cheetara looks at him and he changes it.
Yeah, I was hoping they'd finally bury the hatchet. But it looks like Jelenic wants them at odds.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:46 PM   #269
L08e16o
Quote:
Yeah, I was hoping they'd finally bury the hatchet. But it looks like Jelenic wants them at odds.
Maybe cheetara couldn't stop the prediction. Lion-o doesn't feel betrayal by his brother.

Wouldn't lion-o have to beat his brother to take the next step?
Old 03-28-2012, 12:48 PM   #270
L08e16o
Quote:
I don't think tygra buys into lion-o's plan on uniting the animals.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:51 PM   #271
stormbringer
Quote:
Maybe cheetara couldn't stop the prediction. Lion-o doesn't feel betrayal by his brother.

Wouldn't lion-o have to beat his brother to take the next step?
Probably, I wonder if the writers will ever let Lion-o win at anything. The poor guy is turning into Al Bundy.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:53 PM   #272
stormbringer
Quote:
I don't think tygra buys into lion-o's plan on uniting the animals.
I don't think so either. I mean he helps Lion-o in a fight, but he doesn't seem too into the "we need to unite to defeat Mumm-ra" idea.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:17 PM   #273
L08e16o
Quote:
Probably, I wonder if the writers will ever let Lion-o win at anything. The poor guy is turning into Al Bundy.
I think that is their goal. Tear him down and rebuild him through fire and I mean burning red hot fire.

Last edited by L08e16o; 03-28-2012 at 01:19 PM..
Old 03-28-2012, 01:18 PM   #274
L08e16o
Quote:
I don't think so either. I mean he helps Lion-o in a fight, but he doesn't seem too into the "we need to unite to defeat Mumm-ra" idea.
It is like tygrus in legacy, he doesn't think lion-o or leo can unite the animals.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:22 PM   #275
L08e16o
Quote:
Well, at least he doesn't have Peg.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:22 PM   #276
stormbringer
Quote:
I think that is their goal. Tear him down and rebuild him through fire and I mean burning red hot fire.
Considering how Lion-o's being treated, I wonder if he'll become hardened and bitter?
Old 03-28-2012, 01:23 PM   #277
stormbringer
Quote:
Well, at least he doesn't have Peg.
Nope but Tygra sure does!
Old 03-28-2012, 01:25 PM   #278
L08e16o
Quote:
Considering how Lion-o's being treated, I wonder if he'll become hardened and bitter?
I think he would be bitter, how couldn't you. You saw the clip with with lion-o saying "I am king of the thundercats". He looks really PO.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:25 PM   #279
L08e16o
Quote:
Nope but Tygra sure does!
Old 03-28-2012, 01:26 PM   #280
stormbringer
Quote:
It is like tygrus in legacy, he doesn't think lion-o or leo can unite the animals.
I wonder what will change Tygra's mind about that? Probably won't be for a few years...
Old 03-28-2012, 01:29 PM   #281
stormbringer
Quote:
I think he would be bitter, how couldn't you. You saw the clip with with lion-o saying "I am king of the thundercats". He looks really PO.
Maybe Lion-o will become more Batman-like, colder and harder, and not really letting people to close. In other words more like his father?
Old 03-28-2012, 01:31 PM   #282
L08e16o
Quote:
I wonder what will change Tygra's mind about that? Probably won't be for a few years...
Good question. Plus, who will he blame for lion-o's death? I don't think cheetara agrees with lion-o now either.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:37 PM   #283
L08e16o
Quote:
Maybe Lion-o will become more Batman-like, colder and harder, and not really letting people to close. In other words more like his father?
I don't know. I think lion-o is different than they are.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:38 PM   #284
stormbringer
Quote:
Good question. Plus, who will he blame for lion-o's death? I don't think cheetara agrees with lion-o now either.
Like you said before they totally rewrote Cheetara's character after the kiss. I wonder if Lion-o dying could cause Tygra to blame himself or Cheetara. That would be an interesting twist.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:42 PM   #285
stormbringer
Quote:
I don't know. I think lion-o is different than they are.
True. But I'm not sure who Lion-o could be close too at this point, other than the kittens. Maybe Bengali will be introduced into the group, and they'll be close in age and be friends.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:48 PM   #286
L08e16o
Quote:
Like you said before they totally rewrote Cheetara's character after the kiss. I wonder if Lion-o dying could cause Tygra to blame himself or Cheetara. That would be an interesting twist.
I wonder if they both will blame theirselves. I told cmangund that people came to me to talk to this kid who was having problems. I never made time to talk to him. Week later he jumped off a building. I still blame myself for it. If I wasn't so self consumed or lazy, maybe his out come would be different.

She is different. I don't don't care what people say. When lion-o was fighting the generals, he was saying stick together from what she said. I don't think he was thinking about cheetara choosing tygra. He thought cheetara had his back. She is a cleric, not his anymore.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:51 PM   #287
L08e16o
Quote:
True. But I'm not sure who Lion-o could be close too at this point, other than the kittens. Maybe Bengali will be introduced into the group, and they'll be close in age and be friends.
I don't know. What happen in the trails makes this more complex.

I think the kittens now lion-o is hurting.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:05 PM   #288
stormbringer
Quote:
I wonder if they both will blame theirselves. I told cmangund that people came to me to talk to this kid who was having problems. I never made time to talk to him. Week later he jumped off a building. I still blame myself for it. If I wasn't so self consumed or lazy, maybe his out come would be different.

She is different. I don't don't care what people say. When lion-o was fighting the generals, he was saying stick together from what she said. I don't think he was thinking about cheetara choosing tygra. He thought cheetara had his back. She is a cleric, not his anymore.
I'm very sorry to here about what happened, its sad that people can feel so hopeless that they feel that that is the only way to escape their pain.

The character of Cheetara has definately been rewritten, nothing she does recently is consistent with how she was portrayed a few episodes ago.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:18 PM   #289
L08e16o
Quote:
I'm very sorry to here about what happened, its sad that people can feel so hopeless that they feel that that is the only way to escape their pain.

The character of Cheetara has definately been rewritten, nothing she does recently is consistent with how she was portrayed a few episodes ago.
It was a few years ago. It had to do with his family, he felt like no one wanted him.

You would think cheetara would say "Lion-o we can't win this" or something instead I have to stick with him. It was like she is saying you are the king but I will protect tygra first.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:25 PM   #290
stormbringer
Quote:
It was a few years ago. It had to do with his family, he felt like no one wanted him.

You would think cheetara would say "Lion-o we can't win this" or something instead I have to stick with him. It was like she is saying you are the king but I will protect tygra first.
Yeah it seemed Cheetara was trying to make a point to Lion-o. And if she were, she couldn't have found a worse way to make it, and the writers insist that its Lion-o who needs to learn the lessons.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:31 PM   #291
L08e16o
Quote:
Yeah it seemed Cheetara was trying to make a point to Lion-o. And if she were, she couldn't have found a worse way to make it, and the writers insist that its Lion-o who needs to learn the lessons.
Her point is I am not your cleric anymore.

It is getting old that lion-o's is the one that needs to learn a lesson.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:36 PM   #292
KurtulanSama
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Something, somethind... Dark Side
Ok, I understand you are a Cheetara fan and you don't want to acknowledge her mistakes but what she did is beyond stupid.

With surrendering, Tygra lost all his chance to escape. Remember; HE IS A FULLY TRAINED WARRIOR.

She gave up her weapon(which is a powerful one) to the enemy hands.

She distracted Lion-O(who has the war stone and the spirit stone).

And if panthro hasn't shown up, 3 cats would die a disgraceful(shameful and many things) deaths. For a warrior there is nothing worse than a death like this.(BECAUSE IT IS A COWARDS DEATH)

Lion-O's call was right as a soldier. He knew that enemy would never let them live long enough to think something to escape. He trusted his companions' ability to fihgt and survive but Cheetara gave up, pointing that tygra is weal and lion-o is not capable to buy thygra time for him to escape from his bonds. She proved that she has no confidence in her abilities either.
KurtulanSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:37 PM   #293
stormbringer
Quote:
Her point is I am not your cleric anymore.

It is getting old that lion-o's is the one that needs to learn a lesson.
If the writers intention is to make T/C into an "epic love story", then they have failed. Cheetara looks worse and worse. She has basically abandoned her duty, all in the name "love" over a flower. This is getting hilariously bad.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:44 PM   #294
L08e16o
Quote:
If the writers intention is to make T/C into an "epic love story", then they have failed. Cheetara looks worse and worse. She has basically abandoned her duty, all in the name "love" over a flower. This is getting hilariously bad.
I don't know if that is there goal? For me, an epic would have started with episode one and them over coming the odds. The way cheetara is siding with lion-o, I would think that cheetara would've went to tygra in the begining.

If that is what they were going for, I would've rather them leave lion-o out of it.

See, that is what is werid. I wouldn't think cheetara would abadon her duty for love. She is disgracing Jaga.

Gosh the flower, I don't even want to go there.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:49 PM   #295
stormbringer
Quote:
I don't know if that is there goal? For me, an epic would have started with episode one and them over coming the odds. The way cheetara is siding with lion-o, I would think that cheetara would've went to tygra in the begining.

If that is what they were going for, I would've rather them leave lion-o out of it.

See, that is what is werid. I wouldn't think cheetara would abadon her duty for love. She is disgracing Jaga.

Gosh the flower, I don't even want to go there.
It's almost like there were last minute script changes, this whole 180 in Cheetara's personality, would usually mean a characters being mind controlled, or she's been replaced by a fake.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:49 PM   #296
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtulanSama View Post
Ok, I understand you are a Cheetara fan and you don't want to acknowledge her mistakes but what she did is beyond stupid.

With surrendering, Tygra lost all his chance to escape. Remember; HE IS A FULLY TRAINED WARRIOR.

She gave up her weapon(which is a powerful one) to the enemy hands.

She distracted Lion-O(who has the war stone and the spirit stone).

And if panthro hasn't shown up, 3 cats would die a disgraceful(shameful and many things) deaths. For a warrior there is nothing worse than a death like this.(BECAUSE IT IS A COWARDS DEATH)

Lion-O's call was right as a soldier. He knew that enemy would never let them live long enough to think something to escape. He trusted his companions' ability to fihgt and survive but Cheetara gave up, pointing that tygra is weal and lion-o is not capable to buy thygra time for him to escape from his bonds. She proved that she has no confidence in her abilities either.
This is what tygra does in 15 when they are captured after lion-o's death.

Tygra insults his captors and provokes them to attack him, meanwhile Kit and Kat pick the locks holding themselves, Panthro and Cheetara and the group fight the new generals. They get the upper hand and the 3 generals escape with the Sword Of Omens, the cats decide to go after the sword.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:52 PM   #297
L08e16o
Quote:
It's almost like there were last minute script changes, this whole 180 in Cheetara's personality, would usually mean a characters being mind controlled, or she's been replaced by a fake.
This is where I think the WB boss wants the triangle. It is not natural. We get a flashback and boom it is on.

Since this triangle is important to the story, it is a plot device. So we have to suffer more of it.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:08 PM   #298
stormbringer
Quote:
This is where I think the WB boss wants the triangle. It is not natural. We get a flashback and boom it is on.

Since this triangle is important to the story, it is a plot device. So we have to suffer more of it.
This may be some of the poorest storytelling in fiction. It's just lazy, there's no organic development, they could (have) just pull anything out of the blue and the audience just has to accept it. No matter how little sense it makes...
Old 03-28-2012, 03:13 PM   #299
L08e16o
Quote:
This may be some of the poorest storytelling in fiction. It's just lazy, there's no organic development, they could (have) just pull anything out of the blue and the audience just has to accept it. No matter how little sense it makes...
I do agree it was lazy or theres no organic development. They needed to have the flashback after the legacy episode.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:14 PM   #300
stac
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
This is what tygra does in 15 when they are captured after lion-o's death.

Tygra insults his captors and provokes them to attack him, meanwhile Kit and Kat pick the locks holding themselves, Panthro and Cheetara and the group fight the new generals. They get the upper hand and the 3 generals escape with the Sword Of Omens, the cats decide to go after the sword.
But you see, the Tygra/Cheetara Defence League will spin it in such a way that it’s always Lion-O fault.

I agree with you. I really wish this ‘love triangle’ was done better, especially since it seems to play such an integral role in the plot. What bothers me is not T/C but rather how it was handled.

Incidentally, when Lion-O was knocked out by Slythe, at first I thought that Slythe actually killed or decapitated Lion-O because it looked like he hit him with the axe attached to his gun!
stac is offline   Reply With Quote