TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

Old 09-06-2011, 09:44 PM   #1
Vinson
King
It seems like most collectors think the tower of omens playset is not worth buying but I think it is definantly worth picking up if you are collecting the 4" line.

Now Cheetara has a vehicle too!

Vinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:57 PM   #2
Lion-O*
Thunder Kitty
Why did Bandai go with so much brown and so little detail ?
It looks....meh....
I just am not sure about this one...and at the price they want for it...they should have made sure it looked worth the price
Lion-O* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:03 PM   #3
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
While I do think it's a great set, since I'll be going mostly with the 6" line as far as modern stuff goes, it's not on my to-get list (unless I see it for a severe clearance). If I was more into the 4" line, like I was originally, it would be a definite buy for me. The only 4" figures I plan on getting are those not likely to be made at the 6" scale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion-O* View Post
Why did Bandai go with so much brown and so little detail ?
I imagine they didn't paint it all up to reduce the cost. More paint would have driven up the cost. It's also got a good amount of molded-in detail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion-O* View Post
...and at the price they want for it...they should have made sure it looked worth the price
From what I've seen, the size of the tower when put together makes the forty buck price point make sense (to me at least).
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:29 PM   #4
PANTHRO HOOO
Thunderian Commoner
While I love Thundercats I live in an apartment. That's why I'm not collecting toys and trying to sell my old ones. The limited space makes me only want the most epic pieces I can think of. When I see things like the tower of omens its a bright shining example of why I won't buy these. But for all of you serious collectors I can see where this will come in handy when more toys come out and you want a large display. I'm gonna stick with a sword of omens replica and 1 panthro statue if I can find it.
PANTHRO HOOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:29 PM   #5
Saint Phe
Thunder Kitty
I love playsets, and I love the 4" Thundercats line. I do not love this playset. I've held the box in my hands a dozen times and seen alot of pictures of it online, but I've never seen one thing that even made me consider buying it. I don't think I'd even give 20 bucks for it.
Saint Phe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 12:14 AM   #6
Monkian
Thunder Monkey
Eh... not a fan of this set. For the kids, hell yes. For the adult collector, no. Whatever the rationale behind Bandai's decision was, it could have been better. Not much to complain about with this line, at least from my perspective, but this is a disappointment.
Monkian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:42 AM   #7
nitewing73
Thunderian Commoner
If I had the room maybe. But as it is I'm downsizing my collection. Trying to narrow my focus on a couple of lines.
nitewing73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:02 PM   #8
Fist Pounder
Thunder Kitty
How tall is the biggest tower? if i can fit it on the top shelf in my entertainment unit I may just buy it but im really running out of room unless I put the minimal(compared to my entire collection) amount of transformers that I have displayed back into storage.
Fist Pounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 06:23 PM   #9
Lion-O*
Thunder Kitty
I also would like to know how tall this is
Lion-O* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:51 AM   #10
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Im waiting till TRU has a sale of some sort, maybe even a 15 percent. Then I'll use some crazy rewards cash and bring it down to like 15 dollars. That is what im willing to spend on it, even 20 at max. However I will be filling in the details for sure!
Kregermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:00 PM   #11
Lord Lion O
Thunder Kitty
Have the set...and my son loves it...I heard a lot of trash talk about it so I wasn't expecting to like it but I do. I think the mistake (if I may be so bold) that many people make concerning this play set is the lack of comparison to other bandai playsets. My son has collected Ben 10 and power rangers and of the things he has I would say it's pretty much on course with other lines....which I would add do not have a ton of play sets, mostly figures and vehicles. Ben 10 vehicles and such are mostly black with splashes of green...so I would say the brown with the splash of blue while it might no be exciting to many of us is at least consistent with other bandai products. As far as the cost...sure seems to me that Ben 10 and power rangers are along the same price points and in my opinion in many cases worse. Just a dad talking.

Last edited by Lord Lion O; 09-14-2011 at 02:44 PM..
Lord Lion O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:02 PM   #12
Lord Lion O
Thunder Kitty
Also for being on a limited budget and unsure footing as to the success of the line, I feel it's pretty good. Course there are always those 10 dollar spinning tops you can buy (beyblades)
Lord Lion O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:18 PM   #13
Grimlockisking
Thunder Kitty
I guess my take on it is it's something that works for kids who want to play with it, and adult collectors who don't mind spending a little bit of time customizing it. A little bit of dark sharpie work and some light modeling terrain and it fits really nicely. As soon as I'm done with my sell off of my TF's that I'm getting rid of, I'm using that book case for my Thundercats 4" line.

Since I really just got into them when this show started and not back in the 80's when all my friends could watch it but I couldn't (stupid bus route making me the last kid off and the show was over by then!) has there been any word from Bandai on doing a Mumm-Ra's lair or anything else after the initial waves yet? Sorry, probably been asked a thousand times already I'm sure....
Grimlockisking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:47 PM   #14
Childsmonkey
Thunder Monkey
I am not a big fan of this playset. It seems very boring. I remember having the GI Joe Headquarters during the 90s. I remember that thing had multiple levels, shooting missles, an elevator, computer room, jail, and "battle damage features". I personally think a jail is a must for a playset. Where else are the good guys going to keep the bad guys?
Childsmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote